KB Answers Wrestling Questions

I was looking up the best matches that never happened in WWE and clicked on an article from TheRichest.com

At #4, they had Vince McMahon vs Eric Bischoff, complete with this quote:

"After McMahon acquired WCW, he could have booked himself in a marquee matchup against Bischoff at WrestleMania."

Surely this is a joke, right?

Depends on which Rude it is. The WWF and WCW versions are very different and you wouldn't recognize the pre-WWF version.

I'll leave out the easy ones (celebrities or a thirty second women's match between the Divas). I'll also leave off stuff that isn't really wrestling (the WCW graveyard match for instance). These are mainly going to be for booking rather than quality.

HHH vs. Goldust - Royal Rumble 1997. It's long, it's stupid, the commentators are yelling at the referee for being so incompetent. Easily one of my least favorite matches ever.

Punjabi Prison - Orton vs. Mahal. I've never seen a match that just hammered home the idea so stupidly and went completely against what fans wanted.

Orton vs. Wyatt - Wrestlemania. Nope. In every sense of the word.

Pick a Hogan vs. Piper match from WCW.

HHH vs. Roman Reigns - Wrestlemania. Long, completely missing the point, the worst thing they could have done.

Also what do you think of the recent verbal altercation between Santino and your fellow Kentuckian Jim Cornette? I loved when Cornette told him "motherfucker I have nothing to say to you". Do you agree it was Santino who started the trouble?

Do you hate Vince Russo like others do(particularly a fellow Kentuckian)?

Not that much but I can't stand him.

Also what do you think of the recent verbal altercation between Santino and your fellow Kentuckian Jim Cornette? I loved when Cornette told him "motherfucker I have nothing to say to you". Do you agree it was Santino who started the trouble?

It seems to be, and it's not like Santino ever meant anything other than being a comedy character. Cornette needs to chill though as it's really not that big of a deal anymore.

Were there many instances of a great travelling babyface champion in the territory days beyond Thesz? Dory?

Surely it is better for a heel to be such a traveler as it is easier to get booed by arriving in a territory and beating the local hero. A babyface champion would have the uphill struggle of being an out-of-towner?

Well back then the World Champion was mostly neutral. They would fight the local heel/face and be whichever they needed to be.

When you've done a redo of a review on your site, has there been any shows you've thought was great the first time but then you've thought was rubbish the 2nd time?

When Paul Heyman was booking smackdown, were ratings for SD really better than raw or was it just some weeks smackdown got the better rating?

I’m watching an old Nitro (I wanted to watch Rey beat Kevin Nash, because it’s the little things that make life worthwhile), and it has a fucking awesome Bret Hart v Booker T match on it. Except for the 3 minutes where Disco Inferno tries to pay off a satellite nerd to hijack his feed, once said nerd calls someone in Oakland.

Why couldn’t they have cut in during a different match?

Also, do you prefer Bret in ring as a face or a heel? Because his Sharpshooter fake-outs are working the shit out of people.

Because WCW did a bunch of stupid stuff and cared more about angles than wrestling.

In the ring as a face, on the mic as a heel.

I'm not sure why. Other than the RTC era, it's not like she stands out in any way. She's really just kind of there.

She did a bunch of charity work for the company, and they’re probably just working on getting any Attitude Era name of note in before they all look depressing. Chyna’s estate also probably told them to piss off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back