KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Could Cena turn the "Lets GO Cena-Cena SUcks" chant into a rallying cry like Kurt ANgle kept the "you suck" chants even when he was a face?

You would ask me this when I was almost nodding off during Raw.

If you listen to popular opinion about Taker, he's one of the best of all time. What people overlook is that he's been in WWE for about let's say 21 years. The first sixish of those were nothing. It was Taker vs. monster of the month with a horribly stupid feud with Yoko being the biggest thing he did. He finally gets something going with Mankind and then wins the world title, but can't even main event his own PPV. He's a big deal in 98, is second banana to Vince in 99, is gone until 2000, is HORRIBLE from post Mania 01-the end of Biker Taker in late 2003, then comes back as Deadman and doesn't really do anything until 2006 when he becomes MMA Cowboy of Death and starts having much better matches because he's doing something he has fun with. Then he starting having AWESOME matches at Mania, arguably having the match of the night for the last 6 years running at that show.

Now that last accomplishment is why he's revered, but he does NOTHING else the rest of the year (literally between #27 and #28). However, when you look at Undertaker's career, this is what you see: hot streak, ice cold, hot streak, ice cold, hot streak, ice cold, Legend of Wrestlemania.

A career that has had such long streaks of dreadful doesn't equal one of the best ever (which is different from an all time great, which is what he is if that makes sense) in my eyes.

Okay,so Brock Lesnar is back. Rumor going around is that he signed a 1 year contract,making roughly between 30-40 appearances a year. In such a short time period,should WWE throw Lesnar in as many feuds as possible to help get a few stars over? Or should WWE put Lesnar in a few,longer and dragged out feuds with more storylines and angles involved? Basically,the Goldberg treatment. A few high profile feuds,a title run and a high profile match at Mania to cap it all off(which will more or less happen in any case).

Then,regardless of this,who,out of the current roster would not only benefit from a rivalry with him but work well with him in the process? Trying to maximize the feud and turn it into something special. Orton? Punk? Undertaker? HHH? Or maybe elevate a new and up and coming superstar such as Ziggler,Rhodes or Del Rio.

Thoughts?

Strange thought. Rock wants the WWE title, any chance he wins MITB and announces his cash in in advance (either vs Brock or Cena again at Summerslam/Mania)? Is him winning the Rumble more likely than that or will they just go the lazier fuck it he's The Rock he doesn't need a reason to get a title shot route.

I don't really agree with The Taker analogy.

Taker in 2004-08 was having good matches on other PPVs and SDs.

Taker's early on appeal was his persona and not matches no? That makes him a hit then?

How long do you think this feud between Cena and Lesnar will last?

Maybe one more PPV.

Okay,so Brock Lesnar is back. Rumor going around is that he signed a 1 year contract,making roughly between 30-40 appearances a year. In such a short time period,should WWE throw Lesnar in as many feuds as possible to help get a few stars over? Or should WWE put Lesnar in a few,longer and dragged out feuds with more storylines and angles involved? Basically,the Goldberg treatment. A few high profile feuds,a title run and a high profile match at Mania to cap it all off(which will more or less happen in any case).

Then,regardless of this,who,out of the current roster would not only benefit from a rivalry with him but work well with him in the process? Trying to maximize the feud and turn it into something special. Orton? Punk? Undertaker? HHH? Or maybe elevate a new and up and coming superstar such as Ziggler,Rhodes or Del Rio.

Goldberg treatment. You don't want to risk him losing his allure.

Thoughts?

Not HHH. There's nothing for him to gain there.

Strange thought. Rock wants the WWE title, any chance he wins MITB and announces his cash in in advance (either vs Brock or Cena again at Summerslam/Mania)? Is him winning the Rumble more likely than that or will they just go the lazier fuck it he's The Rock he doesn't need a reason to get a title shot route.

Absolutely zero chance they put him in a ladder match, ever.

Rumble is possible.

I don't really agree with The Taker analogy.

Taker in 2004-08 was having good matches on other PPVs and SDs.

Taker's early on appeal was his persona and not matches no? That makes him a hit then?

In 04? No. Need I remind you of the Dudleyz feud or his atrocious matches with JBL? Once he got to 2006 it was a lot better but until then, not so much.

And yes, like I said: he started off good and then it got old.

I meant the feud with Kane in 04 but to be honest before WM 26, he was having good matches on an off PPV.

Anyway, Main Event of this SummerSlam?

Ye he kinda was man. The feud with Dudle Boyz was fine before they decided to make it about Paul Bearer, I do agree the next year on he was very good. Orton vs Taker at WM 21, how many stars?

Becaus eit didn't seem like that. Taker's feuds did seem good enough and the matches were ok, not exactly 5 star. But I do think WM 21 onwards him matches became much better. In 04 I was refering to his feud with Kane, the match could've been more competitive but it made sense. His feud with JBL was a bit of a downer I agree. Can't forget the Mexican Wave at their match at SummerSlam.

Then Heidenreich came in and it was shit yes.

His feud with Kane sucked because it was a squash at Wrestlemania. That's ridiculous, as well as all the hocus pocus stuff. With Orton it was stuff like seeing Undertaker in a mirror and all that nonsense. The Cell was ok and the Mania match was good and other than that, 2005 was weak. Once it got to 06 it was better, but not by much.

His feud with Kane sucked because it was a squash at Wrestlemania. That's ridiculous, as well as all the hocus pocus stuff. With Orton it was stuff like seeing Undertaker in a mirror and all that nonsense. The Cell was ok and the Mania match was good and other than that, 2005 was weak. Once it got to 06 it was better, but not by much.

For someone who was camoring for the Deadman gimmick, I thought the build was great. The hocus-pocus was missed by me. I agree it shouldn't have been a squash match, but taking the whole storyline into context Undertaker was made to look super tough. His feud with Orton had its moments.

I meant to ask you this last night, but forgot to. I've been reading that the Bellas are going to leave at the end of April when their contract expires, how would you feel about them leaving if they do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back