2014-15 NHL Season

After todays news in Leafland, it appears that Kessel becomes the #1 target on Trade deadline day. Where does he end up? How high will the cost be? Why do I never enter this part of the forums, when all I do is talk sports lol?

I don't think he's actually dealt at the deadline. It's just too difficult to move him to the teams who'd make the most sense for him who are all operating with specific cap figures and restrictions that will make taking on his $8M cap hit really tough without gutting the team before the playoffs.

To me, both Kessel and Phaneuf go on draft day.

Deadline day it'll be the UFA group of Winnik, Santorelli and Franson, and maybe one or two extras.

I don't think he's actually dealt at the deadline. It's just too difficult to move him to the teams who'd make the most sense for him who are all operating with specific cap figures and restrictions that will make taking on his $8M cap hit really tough without gutting the team before the playoffs.

To me, both Kessel and Phaneuf go on draft day.

Deadline day it'll be the UFA group of Winnik, Santorelli and Franson, and maybe one or two extras.

I absolutely agree that both Kessel and Phaneuf will go at the draft. I just read that Bozak is fetching some interest. He could be an interesting name to watch. If I was the Leafs I'd look at garnering a top goalie prospect and draft picks for Kessel as I don't see Bernier being the go to guy. BTW, not a Leaf fan, just live an hour away, so have to deal with the hype. Flames fan here

If you put any stock into the theory that the key to success in the NHL is the holy trinity of stud center, stud defender and stud goaltender, then the Leafs' scorched earth approach is the way to go, because they don't have any of those pieces. That means every deal should be aimed at getting them — draft picks, unless you can find a team willing to give you a prospect with the potential to become one, which is unlikely.

The most valuable pieces they'll get out of a Kessel trade will probably be the first-round picks, because I think he's getting two.

YES! YES! YES!

Kings miss the playoffs! One less hill to climb for the Rangers.

Now, if only the Bruins miss too, that's an even easier path than I thought would be necessary.

Hoping for the imploding Pens in round one.

Lots of talking points coming out of the first round of the playoffs...

Hitchcock gonna get canned after Blues bounced early... again? Will they finally get a goalie?

Who will be the B's new GM?

Speaking of the B's GM... Chiarelli to EDM breaks the old boys' club trend. How will he do with the Oil? Major trades coming?

First time the Eastern and Western Final have gone a full seven games in fifteen years. Last time was 2000 with the Devils and Flyers in the East and Stars and Avs out West.

If you're not a fan of any of the Ducks, Hawks, Lightning or Rangers, this is about all you could ask of the playoffs. If you are a fan, I suggest drinking. This is gonna be a bumpy ride!

LET'S GO RANGERS!

Was I right or was I right, IDR? All teams are evenly matched in their respective conference finals, and both games look to be nail-biters. Imagine what the Final itself will be like.

What about LD?

I'm really hoping, both from a fan-perspective, as well as a league-perspective that it's Hawks/Rangers. It'll be a ratings blockbuster. Anaheim/Tampa might garner the worst national ratings since Anaheim/Ottawa, which went through the floor.

What about LD?

I'm really hoping, both from a fan-perspective, as well as a league-perspective that it's Hawks/Rangers. It'll be a ratings blockbuster. Anaheim/Tampa might garner the worst national ratings since Anaheim/Ottawa, which went through the floor.

I was right about the Bolts and Rangers going seven games, haha. While I'm rooting for the Lightning, chances are the ratings would be better if a New York team were in the finals. I agree a showdown with the Hawks and Rangers would be a diehard's wet dream.

Chances? Guaranteed, dude. New York is the largest television market in the U.S. The Rangers' national ratings are at the tippy top of the NHL ranks with Philly, Chicago, Pittsburgh and sometimes Boston following behind.

Hawks/Rangers would be a ratings blockbuster for the NHL. A dream match-up for national eyes they haven't seen since probably Chicago/Philly 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back