NFL Thread - 2011-12

I'm convinced Grossman is terrible and definitely isn't worthy of being a starter. He was no good in Chicago either.

By #1 I mean #1 on depth chart. He has been hit or miss throughout his entire tenure in Washington, part of that gies from having Mark Brunell, Donovan McNabb, John Beck, Rex Grossman and possibly Patrick Ramsey(?) As his quarterbacks and their numbers were dismal with the exception of Brunell first season there.

I'd argue Washington lost their momentum when Tim Hightower went down, Ryan Torain's nagging injuries, losing Chris Cooley for season and to top it off Fred Davis who had been their bright spot. Sadly had all those players been healthy I don't think it wouldve made a difference.

I know where you're going with Chicago and I agree. It was more the Defense being so good than Grossman.

But with the way he was playing before he got benched, you can't tell me you didn't notice something different about him. Like the system he was in was working. He was putting up numbers. He was throwing for like 200 yards a game before he got the shaft. I'm not saying Grossman is good. He's not. I just think he should get a little more credit for this season, despite how his team is.

But I do agree, Hightower and Torain going down did hurt them. They lost a lot of key players.

Skip Bayless is a Wagon Rider to every sense of the word... If the Carolina Panthers were to come in next season with Newton carrying them, he'd be all like "Oh my god, Newton's a great quarterback."

I get it, every quarterback in the NFL has their days and moments of greatness... but you'd have to be a fool to think that someone like Tim Tebow is in the same league as Aaron Rogers, who has led his team to an undefeated season thus far. I don't mind people having opinions, but at the same time, having a wagon based opinion as opposed to statistical opinion is really not interesting to have a debate with... which is why I can't stand Skip Bayless.

---

Anyway, back to the NFL itself and not its fans... The playoffs are coming up very soon, and as the way things are being played, I'm going to go ahead and give the Superbowl game to Ravens vs. Packers... which as much as I'd like the Ravens to win, I could see that becoming a Packers victory. Ravens have lost only three games this season and they have every chance of beating their remaining three opponents to score a trip to the playoffs, which I also believe that they have it in them to win... as long as they let Rice play to his strengths and let him run instead of passing it to him. Flacco's a cool headed quarterback, so he can get the ball where it needs to be, but Rice has to step up and realize that now is the time for bringing your A game.

The Packers, are undefeated. There's nothing that can be said that hasn't been said already... This team has proven that one man doesn't make the team, the team makes the team. And that's a really great effort heading towards the play offs. I'm not sure if the Packers will remain undefeated through the rest of the season, but they will take home a Super Bowl trophy this season.

You can't fault Skip for saying what he says. He's not saying Tebow is at the level of Rodgers, or Brees, or Brady, but he's just saying that whatever he's doing is working for him. Tebow is just winning games. He's not putting up OMG stats, he plays good enough to win the game for his team.

I hope I addressed that point. If not, feel free to correct me.

I like The Ravens vs Packers prediction. That's where I was leaning, but there are issues.

If Baltimore wants to go to the Super Bowl, they NEED to win the division and lock up a First Round Bye. I know they swept Pittsburgh, but things are different in the playoffs and Baltimore doesn't want to see Pittsburgh early, or play them in Pittsburgh. And I have Baltimore as the only team to beat New England. Pittsburgh caught them on a bad day, so that doesn't count.

Green Bay is pretty much set. The only competition they have has to be The Saints because they can match their offensive firepower.

The Niners may not be able to beat The Packers, but they can contain them. Their defense is nothing to sneeze at. They are the real deal. They also need to lock a First Round Bye. They definitely don't wanna see a team like Atlanta, or Detroit too early. But I feel like, for a team that new, a bye would hurt them.

If The Saints end up getting the bye, I believe that The Niners can walk into the SuperDome and beat New Orleans. I firmly believe in that.

But I guess once the season is over, we can say who's gonna beat who in the playoffs.

Anyone trying to justify Suh's stomping should probably stop. That shit isn't needed in the game and maybe 2 games will get it into his head to knock off some of the rough plays hes been making. Hitting the QB is one thing, but Suh stomped (or at least attempted, since it looked like he didn't get him all that good) and an ignorant play like that deserves reprocussions even if he didn't get him. You don't wait until he does stomp on a guy that seriously hurts him to lay down the law. You do it before it gets too bad so you don't have a possible season/career ending injury. The intent was there, and Suh deserved the two games.

Harrison really only got one because he was a repeat offender. This one looks worse then some of his previous ones, though, since he had time to hit him in the midsection and still went for the head. I'd say a game was justified, since fines just weren't completely sending the message, although he's apparently said he's tried to change his game but it just wasn't him. I guess, if you wanna play with fire, sometimes you get burnt. This time he got burnt for his hard hitting play.

Not only that, but if you look at the video replay, Harrison didn't lower his head until AFTER McCoy threw the ball. He knew McCoy didn't have the ball anymore...he was head hunting, plain and simple.

For sure. Even when you saw the replay in real-time, it was obvious he could have avoided hitting McCoy like that. Heaven knows, they showed the replay from enough different angles that you could judge for yourself, as could the NFL. Harrison says that McCoy was effectively functioning as a running back after he scrambled out of the pocket? Bullshit! Running backs know they're going to get hit and learn to lower a shoulder to take the blow. McCoy was straight up, having just thrown the ball. I suppose a loyal Steelers fan would argue that Harrison can't be expected to know the difference, but I say he could have and should have. I'm not saying he intentionally tried to injure McCoy.....I'm saying he acts as if he doesn't care if he hurts people or not.

The fact is, hits like that are drastically down in number since this rule has been instituted. And yes, as Harrison loves to tell us, football is a rough game. Yet, just about everyone else has adapted, haven't they? And if the rule applies to everyone, then the playing field is still level, no?

But Harrison won't adapt, uh-uh. He seems to see himself as this big badass who's paid major bucks to deliver punishment. Well, it would certainly be interesting to see what his teammates and coaches think now. When it was simply money coming out of Harrison's pocket, they probably defended him.....but now that the team has been deprived of his services, they might sing a different tune.

Anyone trying to justify Suh's stomping should probably stop. That shit isn't needed in the game and maybe 2 games will get it into his head to knock off some of the rough plays hes been making. Hitting the QB is one thing, but Suh stomped (or at least attempted, since it looked like he didn't get him all that good) and an ignorant play like that deserves reprocussions even if he didn't get him. You don't wait until he does stomp on a guy that seriously hurts him to lay down the law. You do it before it gets too bad so you don't have a possible season/career ending injury. The intent was there, and Suh deserved the two games.

It's not the fact that Suh got the 2 games it's the fact that the NFL isn't consistent with their fines/suspensions. Andre Johnson ripped off a guys helmet and punched him multiple times in the face and got nothing but a fine. That was easily worse then what Suh did. Guys that get thrown out of games for throwing punches always just get a fine. I know everyone says Suh is a repeat offender but this is the first time he has ever been thrown out and disciplined for an after play non football act. All of his other fines were from things that happened during the play. So while he is a repeat offender in terms of fines and personal fouls, it has never been for after whistle things like this was. There really isn't a way to justify Suh getting two games vs Harrison getting 1 vs guys like Andre Johnson only getting fines. James Harrison has probably doubled what Suh has gotten in fines over the last two years so whether his was a football act or not it deserves the same punishment.

It's not the fact that Suh got the 2 games it's the fact that the NFL isn't consistent with their fines/suspensions. Andre Johnson ripped off a guys helmet and punched him multiple times in the face and got nothing but a fine. That was easily worse then what Suh did. Guys that get thrown out of games for throwing punches always just get a fine. I know everyone says Suh is a repeat offender but this is the first time he has ever been thrown out and disciplined for an after play non football act. All of his other fines were from things that happened during the play. So while he is a repeat offender in terms of fines and personal fouls, it has never been for after whistle things like this was. There really isn't a way to justify Suh getting two games vs Harrison getting 1 vs guys like Andre Johnson only getting fines. James Harrison has probably doubled what Suh has gotten in fines over the last two years so whether his was a football act or not it deserves the same punishment.

A punch, unless it's in the right spot, isn't gonna do much damage except for maybe a black eye since they almost always have helmets on. A stomp, with cleats on, could gouge a guys out and make him go blind. Then you open up a big can of worms and a black eye for the league and that player. A punch is a heat of the moment thing and had Suh simply punched the Packer on the ground you'd have more of an argument, but no way is a punch more dangerous/harmful then a stomp with cleats.

And the difference between Harrison and Suh is exactly what you said. Harrison is a repeat offender but, since it was during play isn't nearly as awful as what Suh did. Plus, if it was anyone that didn't have the track record of Harrison more then likely would've only gotten a hefty fine on the hit. Anyone, regardless of their history, is getting a few games when they have clear intent of stomping on a grounded player after the play.

Last time I checked Suh kicked at a guys arm, he wasn't exactly in danger of fucking the guy up too bad. The most damage Suh could have done even if his kick had landed more was scrape the guys arm up. Andre Johnson ripped off a defenders helmet and punched him multiple times in the unprotected face. That could have resulted in a lot more then a black eye. Broken nose, broken cheek bone, broken orbital bone. What Andre Johnson did was worse and more dangerous then what Suh did and it really isn't debatable.

The intent of Suhs is much more dangerous then Johnsons. Guys scrap on the field all the time. Are they as egregious as Johnsons was? No, but nevertheless they happen. And yeah, that's really the only knock Johnsons had in terms of dirty play. It wasn't like Finnegan wasn't going after him some too. Suhs had multiple personal fouls and you couldn't see a whole lot that the packer did wrong except for playing a tad past the whistle (which Suh has done multiple times).

A first time offender, unless its completely awful like a stomp, you aren't going to get as harsh of a penalty as a repeat offender. And worse actions (like an after the play stomp) will be treated worse then during the play actions (Harrisons head shot).

A stomp with cleats may be more dangerous then a punch in some situations but certainly not all situations. The only reason Suh got two games and Johnson got none was because Suh had been fined a few times in the past for football plays. James Harrison has been fined more then anyone the last two years by a wide margin and he obviously hasn't learned anything because he still head hunts. All I want is consistency in punishments and the NFL has shown there is none.

A stomp is always more dangerous then a punch in the same situation. A stomp could still get inside the guys helmet while a punch might hit the jaw or facemask and thats it.

And a after the play shot like Suh is gonna get a heftier result every time, especially when they're both repeat offenders. The suspension was just for each. At least Harrisons excuse (while wrong) you could make a case for since its in the field of play and he was trying to make a football play. No way was Suh trying to do anything other then stomp the guy and deserved the 2 games he got.

The intent of Suhs is much more dangerous then Johnsons. Guys scrap on the field all the time. Are they as egregious as Johnsons was? No, but nevertheless they happen. And yeah, that's really the only knock Johnsons had in terms of dirty play. It wasn't like Finnegan wasn't going after him some too. Suhs had multiple personal fouls and you couldn't see a whole lot that the packer did wrong except for playing a tad past the whistle (which Suh has done multiple times).

A first time offender, unless its completely awful like a stomp, you aren't going to get as harsh of a penalty as a repeat offender. And worse actions (like an after the play stomp) will be treated worse then during the play actions (Harrisons head shot).

After play and in play scraps happen all the time but I've never seen a guy rip of another players helmet and start punching him in the face. That's going way overboard. With Harrison you can't keep using the excuse that it is a football play. At some point after well over a hundred thousand dollars in fines for multiple similar hits in a short time span, you have to realize that this is more then just mistakes because he plays hard. The guy was head hunting on Sunday and with his track record, which is easily worse then Suh's, he deserves the same punishment.

A stomp is always more dangerous then a punch in the same situation. A stomp could still get inside the guys helmet while a punch might hit the jaw or facemask and thats it.

We aren't talking about same situations. Suh didn't stomp on a guys head and Johnson didn't punch a guy wearing a helmet. I'm talking the Suh kick to the arm vs the Johnson multiple punches to the unprotected face. In that comparison, Johnson's offense was easily worse and could have caused more damage.

And a after the play shot like Suh is gonna get a heftier result every time, especially when they're both repeat offenders. The suspension was just for each. At least Harrisons excuse (while wrong) you could make a case for since its in the field of play and he was trying to make a football play. No way was Suh trying to do anything other then stomp the guy and deserved the 2 games he got.

I'm not saying Suh didn't deserve the two games for his action. I'm saying he didn't deserve is based on the NFL's past punishments. I don't care if Suh has been fined a few times before, there is no way Johnson gets zero games and Suh gets two if the NFL is consistent and fair with punishments. Johnson either should have gotten one game or Suh should have gotten one less game.

After play and in play scraps happen all the time but I've never seen a guy rip of another players helmet and start punching him in the face. That's going way overboard. With Harrison you can't keep using the excuse that it is a football play. At some point after well over a hundred thousand dollars in fines for multiple similar hits in a short time span, you have to realize that this is more then just mistakes because he plays hard. The guy was head hunting on Sunday and with his track record, which is easily worse then Suh's, he deserves the same punishment.

Obviously the NFL isn't buying that excuse anymore and isn't just fining him because they suspended him (the first time in a long time a player has been suspended for an in play action).

We aren't talking about same situations. Suh didn't stomp on a guys head and Johnson didn't punch a guy wearing a helmet. I'm talking the Suh kick to the arm vs the Johnson multiple punches to the unprotected face. In that comparison, Johnson's offense was easily worse and could have caused more damage.

Difference was Johnson wasn't the instigator of the fight and it wasn't him just going after a defenseless player. Finnegan was the one that actually started it and Johnson only got a punch or two connected. Suh was the only one that did anything in his incident. And it wasn't a kick, a kick goes forward, he was going down like a stomp.

And repeat offenders will always get more in those types of after play incidents. Johnson and Finnegan got fined, kicked out, and haven't done anything since. Time will tell about Suh.

I'm not saying Suh didn't deserve the two games for his action. I'm saying he didn't deserve is based on the NFL's past punishments. I don't care if Suh has been fined a few times before, there is no way Johnson gets zero games and Suh gets two if the NFL is consistent and fair with punishments. Johnson either should have gotten one game or Suh should have gotten one less game.

A stomp will earn you a suspension no matter what. Haynesworth and Suh showed that. They normally stick with a fine on hits during play since sometimes you just can't anticipate a guy ducking like a few of the hits Harrison had. You can stop after the whistle plays. And if you aren't a repeat offender sometimes you'll get the benefit of the doubt.

I think you're just bothered with the fact that Suh is a Lion and got some games while other extracurricular activites haven't had the same reaction. Every incident is different. It's not apples to apples. The fines/suspensions are just.

Obviously the NFL isn't buying that excuse anymore and isn't just fining him because they suspended him (the first time in a long time a player has been suspended for an in play action).

He was suspended but it should have been more then the one game. With Harrison's history, which is unprecedented for a two year period, he should not have gotten less then Suh.
Difference was Johnson wasn't the instigator of the fight and it wasn't him just going after a defenseless player. Finnegan was the one that actually started it and Johnson only got a punch or two connected. Suh was the only one that did anything in his incident. And it wasn't a kick, a kick goes forward, he was going down like a stomp.

Courtland Finnegan and Andre were both responsible for that skirmish but Andre was the one who really started it. Finnegan jammed him at the line and Andre flipped. And the number of punches connected are irrelevant. If that's what mattered then Suh would have been fine because his kick barely grazed the player. The Packer player took Suh down after the pass and Suh overreacted just like Andre overreacted after the high jam from Finnegan. Both were wrong but Johnson's was far more violent and could have done more damage. He wasn't a repeat offender so he didn't deserve the same punishment as Suh but the punishments certainly should have been closer.

I think you're just bothered with the fact that Suh is a Lion and got some games while other extracurricular activites haven't had the same reaction. Every incident is different. It's not apples to apples. The fines/suspensions are just.

Every incident is different but the punishments are not consistent. Johnson was not a repeat offender but did something worse then Suh and got a slap on the wrist compared to two games. And how about Richard Seymour? He has been ejected 3 times in the last three seasons to Suh's one ejection over two years. Seymour has been fined $60,000 this year and just last week was ejected for throwing a punch at a Dolphins player. This coming one year after an ejection for an after play jab to the face of Ben Roethlisberger. Seymour is a repeat offender in terms of fines, after play physical altercations, and ejections yet he has never been suspended. Where's the consistency?

Suh had a meeting with Roger Goodell 2 weeks before the incident. In that meeting it was told that Goodell explained to Suh rules in detail and his expectations of him. Afterwards Suh said he had s better understanding of the rules and conduct. Now fast forward 2 weeks from that meeting and Suh clearly displayed a lack of understanding that talk he had with Goodell.

I agree disciplinary action should have been taken against Andre Johnson - that's where teams need to come in and issue that disciplinary action. But what owner is going to suspend one of their best players unless it was a bad image for the entire team?

The Lions completed their 4th comeback of the season of 13 or more points today. They have reached 9 wins for the first time since 2000 and are just one win away from their first playoff appearance since 1999. They have the Chargers at home next week so it is definitely a winnable game. When the Lions are at their best they can compete with anyone and will be a tough out if they get in the playoffs especially if they can get healthy on defense over the next couple weeks. I predicted a 10-6 season from the Lions and a wild card birth and at this point I don't care how many wins they finish with as long as they clinch the final playoff spot.

The odds are very much in favor of the Lions getting a wildcard. Being two games up with only two games left gives you a lot of leverage over the other teams.

In fact, they actually stand a decent chance at clinching as soon as next week.

Win/Tie against either Chargers or Packers

OR

Packers beat Bears @ Lambeau (likely), 49ers beat Seahawks (also likely) and Bengals beating Cardinals (toss-up). If those three things happen, it doesn't even matter if Detroit beats either San Diego or Green Bay, they are in. But really, all it takes is one more loss by those teams either next week or week 17. Detroit can clinch a playoff with a 9-7 record just based on how the other teams do. Obviously, a win is the best case scenario, but they don't even need to win any more games this year and they are still very likely to qualify, just based on who their competition is playing. That blocked FG by Ndamukong Suh just about gift wrapped the playoffs for Detroit. Yes, they could still miss out...but it would take a WHOLE LOT of things to go very, very wrong for it to happen.

So the Ravens lost to the Chargers last night. Actually, they got destroyed. Flacco looked bad. His porn star mustache didn't help either.

Now the Steelers need to take care of business tonight and the next two weeks. If they win out they will win the division. Which would be awesome. Ben needs to play today but he's not really needed against St Louis and Cleveland. So if they win tonight I'd sit Ben the remainder of the regular season. Honestly though, if he sits tonight I wouldn't mind. I'd rather have a healthy 5 seed then a beaten up 1 or 2 seed. Our line is going to be key and if Ben does play I expect a lot of no huddle and shotgun. He can't afford to take a beating tonight. I'm going to predict a low scoring game with the Steelers winning 17-14...

The Steelers are the only team in my mind in the AFC who can honestly win on the road if they need to and have that swag, that attitude if they are playing at home.Weird weekend for the NFL.Giants play horrible, Jets get their asses kicked, Eagles still alive, Packers lose to the Chiefs.The Wild Card spots might come down to the last week of the season, especially if the Eagles beat the Cowboys and they are due for a loss, after their win over the Bucs.

The Wild Card spots might come down to the last week of the season, especially if the Eagles beat the Cowboys and they are due for a loss, after their win over the Bucs.

Only if Detroit loses to San Diego. If the Lions win, it's over, they clinch.

Lions meh, they would be hell of alot better with Best, one and done for them if they do clinch.Falcons have the other spot right, offense will be the key to them doing anything in the Playoffs.Lions vs Chargers, I think the Chargers can win that game, especially beating one of the AFC's top Super Bowl contenders in the Ravens last night.

I don't see anyone seriously arguing that the Lions are a Super Bowl contender (this year). But, when their last three seasons are 0-16, 2-14 and 6-10, before the season began they were tied for the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL (based on opponents 2010 records), and the fact that 4 of their 5 losses were to the NFC #1, #2, #3 and #5 seeds, and if Dallas wins the NFC East and becomes the NFC #4, they will have had the ENTIRE NFC playoff roster on the schedule, How could they have realistically done much better?

They probably would be better with Best...but they are 9-5 with the playoffs well within reach without him.

The Chargers can win the game...but, the game is in Detroit, not San Diego, and the Detroit crowd, knowing that a win seals up their first trip to the playoffs since 1999 is going to be nuts. Not to mention the obvious: now that Green Bay has lost, and isn't playing for 16-0, if they clinch home field in the NFC next week, (or even as early as tonight with a Steelers victory over the 49ers) they will probably rest their starters. If they clinch home field between now and then, Green Bay has little to play for in week 17, win or lose, their spot in the playoffs is assured. Detroit has about a 90% chance at making the playoffs.

This was Detroit's 4th comeback of 13 points or more in the 4th quarter this season. If you are one of their NFC opponents, do you REALLY want to see a team with a potentially explosive offense like that in the playoffs? They are undisciplined, commit stupid penalties, but, they are talented, and hungry. That makes them dangerous. If they bring their "A" game for 4 quarters, there isn't a team in the NFL they aren't capable of beating. I wouldn't scoff at their chances right away.

Well let's get right to the action after an amazing Week 15.

Green Bay 14
Kansas City 19

Wow...I totally did NOT see this coming. Green Bay showed they not only looked off, but they missed Greg Jennings A LOT. I almost forgot they didn't have him. I'm just saying that it could've made a big difference. Rodgers looked off, receivers were dropping balls left and right, and his Line couldn't block for him all day, especially Hali who had like 3 sacks.

The Chiefs had a perfect game plan. They controlled the clock as Orton starting finding holes in that defense to expose it, ran the ball well, and played great defense against these Green Bay receivers.

They simply flat out beat The Packers. I think this a good thing for them because now the pressure is off them and they can worry about winning the Super Bowl. It starts with the Bears next week.

Tennessee 13
Indianapolis 27

In the words of The Rock....."FINALLY" We got a win. The Colts finally showed up to play here today. Their defense more than shut down any passing attack The Titans had, Orlovsky played good enough to lead us to a win and Donald Brown of all people :wtf: Where has this been? Where has this type of running been from Brown. They played hard and won't go winless and I couldn't be happier. Let's celebrate this and come back and do the same thing to Houston.

As for Tennessee, not that I care, but that loss severely damaged their playoff hopes. They need to win their last two games and hope for a few miracles if they still wanna make it.

New England 41
Denver 23

I saw this coming. I don't care how good Tebow is. Tom Brady is STILL Tom Brady. And even I thought Denver was gonna run away with it in the First Quarter when they just kept running the ball on The Patriots racking up over 150 yards in the 1st Quarter!

What killed the Broncos are turnovers. And a team like New England does NOT pass up points on a turnover. Tebow fumbled, Lance Ball fumbled, and Quan Cosby handed the Pats some easy points with that muffed punt.

In the end, it was too much offense for Denver to handle too. They may have shut down Gronkowski, but they forgot about Hernandez and even OchoCinco. That's what the Pats do. You gameplan for Welker and Gronk? No problem, Brady has other targets to throw to.

Now that Tebow Time is over, the Broncos have to come back on the Road and contend with the Buffalo Bills which they SHOULD win, but won't be as easy as it sounds. They NEED this win. With wins from San Diego and Kansas City, the AFC West looks open again.

Washington 23
New York 10

What did I say? New York shouldn't sleep on the Redskins. I said The Redskins have been playing well. This game told me two things:

1) The Redskins are gonna be contenders next season.

2) Giants are inconsistent.

Eli looked horrible. 3 Picks, and his receivers dropped balls. Grossman schooled that defense and they looked good doing it. They stomped all over The Giants and everything seemed to work in their favor.

The Giants couldn't do anything on offense, couldn't capitalize off turnovers, and just looked bad all around. They shouldn't lose next week's game against The Jets, but still it is The Giants. Their late season collapse is in full effect. They pretty much need the division to make the playoffs and I don't think that's happening.

Honorable mentions go out to:

Detroit - A much needed win here. Suh coming back really lifted this team to another comeback win. They needed this win and they got it and put some space between them and a few other teams in the Wild Card Race. A tough test against San Diego next week though.

Philadelphia - I thought their playoff hopes were done, but after a massacre of The New York Jets yesterday, they can still win the division. They need to win their last two games and also have The Giants and Cowboys lose their last two games.

Cincinnati - A win here moves you closer and closer to clinching a playoff spot, but next week's game against Arizona won't be very easy.

San Diego - Wow, I was certainly impressed. They beat the best Defense in the league into submission. The Ravens put in Tyrod Taylor late in the game for crying out loud. The Chargers are once again making a late run. They got a tough one on the road against Detroit.

New Orleans - Need I say more. Brees had over 400 yards passing, 5 TDs and no picks.

Seattle - Pummeling the Bears into unconsciousness and putting together a great end of the season run. It won't really mean much now, but at least they wanna prove to themselves they're still a good team.

Miami - A nice little win on the road and just like the Seahawks, they're looking good late in the season. Let's see if this team can carry this over into the next season.

Dishonorable mentions go out to:

New York - Enough said. Beatdown to the Maximum. All the trash talking and guaranteeing has finally caught up to them and The Eagles embarrassed them on TV. Must win game against The Giants for playoff hopes and bragging rights.

Baltimore - The offense looked horrible. Flacco looked like he didn't click with any of his receivers, they couldn't stop San Diego. Overall, it was just a bad performance. They need to get it together.

Houston - Not for the loss, but this for the fans. They booed TJ Yates. The 3rd string QB that led them to a Division Title. He's first bad game and he gets booed out of the building. This kid brought you guys to the big dance and you booed him. I hope they get stomped out in the First Round.

Oakland - Two losses in a row and now you go to Kansas City. And after what they did to Green Bay, it won't be an easy game.

So, this week was certainly surprising and and it looks like the playoff race is gonna come down right to the very last week as so many teams still have playoff hopes.

As far tonight's game.....

I got The Niners. Don't judge me.

The Niners can play smash mouth Football with the Steelers and besides Baltimore, this will be a true test for The Niners.

I feel like they can contain Pittsburgh's running game, and get some pressure on an injured Big Ben.

The Defense just needs to play the way it has been and Alex Smith needs to play mistake free like he has been. With the Packers loss, The Niners can take advantage and nab Home Field Advantage.

The Steelers however need to depend on their Defense. If Big Ben's injury really hinders how he plays, their D needs to force turnovers and throw Smith off his game.

I got the Niners 20-17

Reactions: X
Other teams moving forward are going to be burning out those tapes, for the defense formations the Cheifs implied in their game plan versus the Packers.I know teams like the Saints, 49ers and Cowboys eyes got bold, when the Packers looked like the Chiefs usually do, and the Chiefs looked like the team who were going to the playoffs.

Just like every "Win" weve had the Jets still cant solidify themselves as contenders. Well "Threats" anyway. How do we lose to the Eagles man?! This team has 0 fire, 0 drive. The defense looks like a bunch of chumps and they couldnt stop a nose bleed. They had to win against Philly, but nope. Jets again are gonna resort to wildcard mediocrity, this team is just confusing. I hope someone lights a fire up their asses come playoffs. Hell we need it now more than ever. Giants and the Dolphins aint to be taken lightly. Especially not if the Jets are gonna play them. Time to step it up Gang Green. Playoffs and SB in sights, but the tunnel is to dark to tell.

I am so glad I do not bet anymore. Cinci was bad yesterday. I expected Yates to struggle, not Dalton. Dalton was always cool, calm and collective in college and he played well the entire year. Yates was a late draft pick. Barely played any important ball his entire career in College. He looked like the early round draft pick, not Dalton. Houston took away the run so Cinci couldn't use Play Action. I should of expected this though, they didnt beat anyone all year. But Houston made the playoffs based on their early season success. Also, Lewis is a pretty bad HC...

^I thought the same thing, let's see how good the Texans are when they play a experience, no nonsense team, that's going to punch you in the throat, and keep fighting to the last whistle.

The Texans are flying under the radar which is good for them. Their defense is legit and their rushing attack is also legit. I can't wait for this weekend.

I hope SF wins but I doubt it. Also pulling for the Giants. Eli is good in these games apparently. I see a close game but see The Giants winning. I think their dline can get to Rodgers. They've been improving week to week and JPP is on a terror. Plus Osi is back.

Now I'll go on about the Steelers. Boy did they play bad. Arians is a shit coordinator offensively. He's too god damn predictable. If he opens up like he did in the 2nd half the Steelers blow em out. But he didn't and Denver played great. Won't discredit them. Tebow owned and there isn't any doubt about that.

Also Lebeau needs to go. He sucked that game. Won't change his defense. They brought no pressure. Gave Ike no over the top help. Especially when Ike was on Thomas. He physically owned Taylor. I love Lebeau but he needs to game plan a little better. The defense didn't look prepared. I still won't discredit Denver. They played great.

The Steelers need a new offensive coordinator. Arians wore out his welcome. He did fairly decent here but Ben needs a new marriage. He carried them in the second half. I don't blame his ankle. I blame Arians. But all in all Denver outplayed us. So I give Fox some props. Hopefully they pull another upset.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm finding this week's Championship games to be worth the wait.

AFC Championship features Brady vs. Flacco... which in terms of Pass Completions, seems like a game-set-and-match for the Pats. But Flacco has something that Brady doesn't, and that's a number one league running back in Ray Rice. In the words of Ray Lewis, the Ravens this week need to "Feed the beast" so that he can give the Ravens big plays that can score them a super bowl victory. Furthermore, Boldon needs to catch passes. I can also see veteran Ravens Lewis and Rice both causing big turn overs in this game.

NFC Championship features two teams that everyone thought would lose but didn't. Giants sent a sloppy team of Packers home in tears, and did so in front of the cheese head fans. If Eli Manning can take a few more risks like he did this past week, he could be visiting the Super Bowl. Likewise, the 49ers Defense is not to be messed with... and after his game winning catch last week, Smith is no slouch either. This game is going to be a rough and tough West Coast brawl where the best team will come out the winner.

My picks for this week are Ravens and 49ers, both games being close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back