NFL Thread - 2011-12

So......23-20? Didn't expect that.

When Ben threw that first bomb to Mike Wallace, I said to myself oh man, this is gonna be a long night, but The Colts defense played like I've never seen before. They stopped the run for a change, created, what, 3 turnovers?

And also, I think Collins going out with a concussion is bull. That was just a sorry reason to get Painter out there. Once Painter got dropped by Polamalu and Pittsburgh scored, I thought it was same old Painter. But then he led The Colts on a game tying drive down the field. I was might impressed with the boy. Leads me to believe that he might start next game.

We play The Buccaneers on Monday Night Football. I'm not saying Tampa Bay is bad, but if we play against them the way we played Pittsburgh, we might have a chance. But this game did give me hope. Not a lot of hope though. Just enough to win against Tampa Bay. We just need a win. I don't think I can take being 0-4 :icon_neutral:

I will say this, the way Collins overthrew people and Painter missed a WIDE OPEN Garcon on his first time out, we have Peyton, we win going away. My opinion anyway.

So......23-20? Didn't expect that.

I'm just glad to get out of Indy with a win. The Wallace TD should've been a dagger, but in true Steelers fashion, they commit a turnover to get the other team right back in the game. At home, it would've been possible to get away with...but on the road, it could've been a nightmare. The crowd was on fire after the fumble return for a TD.

I, too, thought the game was a wrap after Troy's TD, but hats off to Painter for engineering the game-tying drive. Secondary is still our weak point; since we do not have a good No. 2 corner. O-line will be reshuffled again after Scott's injury (could be a blessing in disguise; he's terrible.) And I'll say this: Rashard Mendenhall is overrated. He dances at the line of scrimmage instead of running straight forward. He needs to stop trying to break 20-yard runs and get the 2 or 3-yard runs.

At least Houston gave up 40 yesterday. Gives me a shimmer of hope that we can keep up with them Sunday.

Does anyone else see Oakland possibly handing New England a second straight shocker Sunday?

New England has the worst defense in the league, and the Raiders are coming off a tremendous offensive performance against the Jets. The game will also be in Oakland, which I think will have a huge effect after last Sunday's massive win.

Predictions?

Tim Tebow getting the start in Denver now. I think John Fox finally had to give in to the pressure after Tebow almost rallied the Broncos to a win Sunday.

To me, he's a poor man's Roethlisberger. He won't put up pretty numbers all the time, but he somehow finds ways to keep his team in games, whether it be scrambling around (look at the last play of the SD game to see his elusiveness) or making the big pass.

It'll be interesting to see what happens -- if Tebow doesn't succeed this season, his days are over and Denver will be looking QB in the 1st round next year.

Well as a life-long 49er fan, all I can really say is "Why did we keep Alex Smith ANOTHER year?" I'm still scratching my head wondering WTF happened last year. At the end of the 2009 season I was looking at the 2010 season like the niners were going to get roughly 10-6 and make the playoffs, and then... BLEH, and now we've got yet another head coach, one great looking defense, and an offense that just needs a competent QB and we're not even addressing that issue. WTF is going on in San Fransisco!?

I'm gonna have to pick a secondary team to watch too I think. Problem is there isn't really a team worth following for me. Pittsburgh really can't get too far ahead of San Fransisco's Superbowl streak, I hate the Colts & Pats, Green Bay, is well, Green Bay. There's only 1 team I hate more than the Green Bay Packers and that's the Dallas Cowboys. ... Unless it's Seattle. Bleh. Really not very psyched for this season.

Maybe I'll follow the Jets this season too. I like Ryan, and if they win a superbowl WTF cares. They're not 5-0 or 6-2 for that matter either. Big deal if they win another one.

lol Oh how far I've come from this point.

I still keep looking around expecting reality to come crashing down and someone is going to utterly destroy the 49ers and they go on a 8 game losing streak, but <knock on wood> the 49ers really look pretty good now. I liked Mike Singletary. I guess I was one of the only ones, but I thought he brought a lot of good to the 49er defense. I guess what we really needed however was Harbaugh. He certainly does seem to have helped Alex Smith out. He's still no Montana or Young, not even Jeff Garcia, who I was a big fan of, but as long as he keeps continuing to not turn the ball over every other possession and we can get some momentum goin on offense then that's fine with me.

I am NOT confident in this team yet, but hell we're 5th on the power rankings this week and IMO we should be 4th because dude, we could take San Diego (4th on the power rankings) because we always do.

Can't wait for the thanksgiving game against the Ravens, that will be the real test. If we can beat them, and we can't, but if we can, then I'll consider them a real post season contender. Granted ATM it looks like 49ers are a lock for the NFC West, because the other teams look so bad, but who knows, maybe Petey will get the Hawks going and piss me off once again.

I think this week more than any week proves that the NFL is incredibly unpredictable. I honestly was suprised by the level of play of some teams (Rams) and the level of utter lack of play by others. I think this adds to the overall feel of the NFL.

What a win for the birds, the boys looked flat and played like it too.The Eagles run the ball like crazy over the best run defenses in the league what 2 TD for McCoy? Vick looked great in and outside the pocket all game, and Romo never was able to get anything really going.Most complete game from the Eagles team, if they can do that on a weekly basis, woah tough team to beat in the NFC.

Seeing as how nobody's really brought up Football in the last month...I will!

I'm gonna keep it short and sweet, cover the marquee games, and give my playoff picture predictions.

Denver 35
Minnesota 32

Tebow gets another win and he took a 1-4 Broncos team that was written out of the race and right to the top spot of the AFC West.

I'm not going to crown Tebow as the class of the AFC. The man completed 10 passes yesterday. He's not going have Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers numbers, but when it's time to clutch it up, he does just that and that's why his team is in first place and I think they take the division and the #4 seed which sets up a possible Denver/Pittsburgh First Round showdown which will be VERY interesting.

But that's later on.

Tennessee 23
Buffalo 17

How the mighty have fallen. Buffalo always does this. They start strong and flounder later on in the season. They're pretty much out and Tennessee is 7-5. I don't know if they can catch Houston, but I see then nabbing the last Wild Card seed and upsetting #3 Houston.

Oakland 14
Miami 34

This speaks for itself. This is the Miami people were waiting for and I think they found their QB in Matt Moore. Oakland is slowly losing it's steam and they play Green Bay next week. Good Luck fellas.

Cincinnati 7
Pittsburgh 35

Well, I think the Bengals hot streak is over. Pittsburgh was not about to let themselves get beat by Andy Dalton and they came out and destroyed, what was once, The Top Defense in the league. Pittsburgh is quietly becoming once again the class of the AFC.

Dallas 13
Arizona 19

I don't why but Dallas always has problems with The Cardinals. I don't know why it is, but Arizona always gives them the fits. Dallas loses by the Coach icing the kicker :wtf:

But this is just one bump in the road. The New York Giants are not going to beat Dallas IN Dallas. The Giants have lost 4 straight and The Cowboys are playing too good, despite one little loss. Next week's game is gonna be BIG.

Green Bay 38
New York 35

I gotta hand it to the Giants. I thought Green Bay was going to pummel them into submission. But The Giants were able to match Green Bay point for point. But at the end, with :58 sec on the clock, Rodgers leads his team down to the field and right to 12-0.

The Packers might just get to 16-0. The only team that would've been able to beat them is Chicago, but Cutler and Forte are OUT. It's hard seeing them not to get to 16-0.

As far as The Giants go, they're done. Their biggest win of the season was against New England and after that, they've been broken beyond repair. I still see Detroit getting the last Wild Card spot over The Giants and putting and end to that.

Atlanta 10
Houston 17

Houston still find ways to win thanks to Foster and that Defense. All Yates has to do is not make many mistakes which he didn't do.

Atlanta needs to come back and beat Carolina. They need to keep their pace to make a playoff push and maybe challenge New Orleans and take the NFC South lead from them.

Honorable mentions go out to:

Baltimore: Good win and able to keep the lead in the division. They might just get Homefield over New England if they act right.

New England: Beating Indy and going to 9-3. It's no question they're gonna get the 1 or 2 seed.

New Orleans: Once again, The Saints looked good. Going to be hard to see who goes in that Dome and beat them.

San Francisco: They were written off before the season started. People were debating between Seattle and St. Louis for the division, but The Niners are 10-2 and held The Rams scoreless. Holding any team scoreless is hard IMO. I can't wait for their game against Pittsburgh. THAT is going to tell us alot about this team heading into the playoffs.

Dishonorable mentions go out to:

Chicago: They managed to score only 3 points against The Chiefs. They look broken beyond repair and even worse than The Giants. Although they're 7-5, how far can they really go without Cutler AND Forte?

Indianapolis: They proved single-handedly than one man DOES make a team. Next season can't come soon enough for Peyton to come back. I hope we get Rob Ryan as our Defensive Coordinator. One can dream :shrug:

Philadelphia: Getting stomped out by Seattle. Really? Really?

Tampa Bay: They can thank Josh Freeman if they don't make the playoffs. Freeman was too busy having fun at a firing range and forgot that his team could actually make the playoffs, but now it's a moot point cause they probably won't.

After all is said and done, here's my Playoff Picture AND First Round matchups:

AFC:

1. New England
2. Baltimore
3. Houston
4. Denver
5. Pittsburgh
6. Tennessee

First Round:

Bye: New England, Baltimore

(5) Pittsburgh @ (4) Denver
(6) Tennessee @ (3) Houston

NFC:

1. Green Bay
2. San Francisco
3. New Orleans
4. Dallas
5. Detroit
6. Atlanta

First Round:

Bye: Green Bay, San Francisco

(5) Detroit @ (4) Dallas
(6) Atlanta @ (3) New Orleans

If this is what it turns out to be, it should be one of the most interesting Wild Card Weekends we've had in a while.

I completely agree about the Bears chances without Forte and Cutler. Their season was over as soon as Forte left the field of play. They simply don't have anything resembling an offense anymore. That leaves it a 3 team race between Detroit, Atlanta and New York.

Atlanta wins the tiebreaker with Detroit, and plays Carolina, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay. They should win at least 3 of those. The Falcons should have little problem grabbing the first wildcard spot.

Now we are down to two teams fighting for one spot.

The New York Giants still have to play the Cowboys twice, the Redskins and the Jets. They have the toughest road to go, AND are already a game behind both Detroit and Atlanta.

The Detroit Lions play Minnesota, Oakland, San Diego and Green Bay. They should beat the Vikings and Chargers at the very minimum, and the Raiders aren't nearly as scary as they were just a few weeks ago. If the Lions beat all three of those teams, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Then, we get to the Green Bay game. The Lions chances in this game directly hinge on what Green Bay's record is at the time. If the Packers are in a position to rest their players, it's possible, (not likely, just possible) that Detroit wins out.

The NFC playoff teams will be
NFC East Champion: Dallas Cowboys
NFC North Champion: Green Bay Packers
NFC South Champion: New Orleans Saints
NFC West Champion: San Francisco 49ers
Wildcard 1: Atlanta Falcons
Wildcard 2: Detroit Lions

I heard rumours that The Bears are desperate in finding a replacement for Jay Cutler apparently they want to lure Brett Favre out of retirement, and apparently Favre is willing to listen to the offers made, my opinion is that story about the boy who cried wolf is sounding a bit real and when he announcesthat he's going stay retired nobody's gonna believe him!

Also Donovan McNabb is rumored to sign with the Bears.Donovan still has the legs to make a impact on the run.Barber can make a impact till Forte gets back.McNabb would be the better choice, as he is better shape then Favre is right now.

Yeah, I think Favre is done. Whatever rumors of him signing have to be complete bull.

McNabb on the other hand, I can understand. He's active and is in better shape. He doesn't even have to do much. The Bears have the defense, they just need a QB to put up points and not turn it over. If McNabb can be consistent and not try to force things, then he'd be a good choice.

I'm pretty sure Forte is gone for the season and I remember hearing if The Bears DO make the playoffs, Cutler would be healed up in time for Wild Card Weekend, but then again, just a rumor.

McNabb is not going to Chicago. McNabb was awful this year. The Bears are done. Which sucks. But at least I know Cutler is a valuable quarterback. Look how much his team misses him. They've been awful the last two weeks.

Favre isn't coming either. He's done for good. Rumors are just that. The Bears have to stick with Hanie. They have no other option.

Now onto the Steelers. Sunday was a good game. They played well offensively, defensively, and did well on Special teams. They rattled Dalton, caused turnovers and got some sacks. My only complaint? Green shat on Ike Taylor. He beat him deep several times. Ike step up your game bro.

This Thursday we have the Browns. I hate these games for some reason. I think our last Thursday night game against the Browns we lost. Don't want that to happen. But if we win out we'll be 13-3. If the Ravens also win out they will be 13-3. Would the Steelers be the first Wild Card team to ever have a 13-3 record?

Time to keep this thread flowing. I'm going to cover the games that I thought were most interesting.

Where else would I start?

Denver 13
Chicago 10

Ok, I am a Believer. Tim Tebow is good. I don't know how Tebow can only complete 3 of his passes in the first three quarters, but complete 18 of them and a TD pass in the fourth alone. There is something special about this kid. Something just happens in the Fourth Quarter. Denver couldn't move the ball against this defense. Then, the fourth quarter comes. Prater hits a 59 yarder, Barber forgets to stay inbounds, and Tebow checks down and brings Denver back in the game. As soon as they went into OT, I knew Denver was winning. No way, they weren't gonna win. And what happens, Marion fumbles, and Tebow leads the Broncos into Field Goal range and Prater wins it with his leg.

The kid is 7-1 and his team is 8-5 and in First Place of the AFC West. Say what you want about Tebow, but the kid is good. I don't know what happens to him in the fourth, but the kid is good. This season, he has been THE best in the clutch.

I CAN'T WAIT for Next Week's Game. Tebow vs Brady? You talk about a real test. I'm so pumped to see that one.

Houston 20
Cincinnati 19

I gotta give it to The Texans. No Andre and a 3rd String QB and they're 10-3 and won their division. I am impressed. Does that mean I'm convinced? No. Let's see how they do in the Playoffs when they just might have to face The Bengals again.

The Bengals lost, but they can come back. They have The Rams next week. They win that and they're back in the Wild Card Hunt. Just gotta stay focused.

New Orleans 22
Tennessee 17

Good Game. I knew Tennessee would be a challenge. Hasselbeck needs to step aside and let Locker go to work. The kid is agile, can throw on the run, and make plays. He's talented. Hasselbeck is only going to get hurt again if he steps in there again. The Titans fight isn't over yet. They're 7-6 and still need to win out and nab that 6 seed.

New Orleans is doing pretty much what I expected. No surprises there. Let's see if they can the bye over The Niners.

New England 34
Washington 27

The Patriots are pretty much a Juggernaut on offense. Brady, Gronkowski, Welker, and the list goes on. There's really not much of a flaw on offense. Every time you think they're doing bad, they adjust to what the defense gives them, and still puts up points. The Patriots are something else and are going to be a problem as usual in the playoffs. The only thing is their Defense. Grossman lit them up for 252 yards. The Patriots seem to be clicking on all cylinders. I want to see the gameplan they have for Tebow.

As far as The Redskins go, I learned one thing from this game. Why did Mike Shanahan bench Grossman during that Eagles game and started John Beck of all people for like 2-3 games? That team was winning with Grossman. Bench him, and they were getting pounded on. The Bills held them to 0 points for god sakes. Grossman is back in and, they're not winning games, but at least they were IN the games they lost. They're not calling it in at Halftime. If Grossman had remained the starter, I think The Redskins would still have a playoff life. There's always next year.

San Francisco 19
Arizona 21

I don't know what it is about playing in Arizona, but late in the season, that just seems like the wrong place to play. It's a definite trap. Dallas got caught, and now San Fran was caught. But honestly, it's really nothing they should be worried about. They're 10-3 and playing fine. This is just a bump in the road. Do they need to improve and get their act together? Oh Yeah, cause they have Pittsburgh coming into town Next Monday Night. That will be a quite a test indeed. The Niners better shake off the loss and move on....fast.

New York 37
Dallas 34

The December struggles continue for The Cowboys. Both defenses couldn't stop the offenses all night. Eli played well and Romo played well, but it all came down to the fourth. Dallas was up by 12 with like 3 minutes to go on the clock. Romo tried to hit Austin deep, but it didn't happen. I place most of the blame on Austin. I feel like he could've made a better try to get the ball.

Not only did they lose, but they gave The Giants an extra life. This Division will pretty much come down to Week 17. Dallas has a game that they SHOULD win against Tampa Bay on Saturday, but The Giants play a team that beat them in Week 1 in The Redskins. Now, The Redskins have been playing well, despite their losses. New York better not sleep on them.

Should be interesting to see how this Division is won.

I just want to rant about one small thing. Something Cris Collinsworth said last night had me upset. I don't know what it was word for word, but he said something about how nobody is better in the fourth quarter than Eli Manning.

He must have missed what Tebow and The Broncos did. Down 10 with 5 minutes to go?

Eli had, what, 2 fourth quarter comebacks this season? Ok, maybe 3 if you throw in Miami. What else? Where was the fourth quarter magic when they lost to the Vince Young led Eagles in their own House? Where was it against San Francisco?

How many has Tebow had? Only 6 or 7. Nothin special right? Only two OT comebacks and one awesome drive against The Jets. Let's not forget Miami, Minnesota, and Kansas City.

Denver is 8-5, New York is 7-6.

Just think what The Broncos record would be if Tebow actually started the whole season.

I'm not bashing Eli, I think he's a good QB. But better in the clutch than Tebow? Especially this season? C'mon Man.

Rant Over.

Indianapolis 10
Baltimore 24

Where do I begin? If we go 0-16, I will shoot myself. I have never seen a team completely fall apart without ONE player. They can't move the ball, can't stop anybody, can't put pressure on the on the QB, can't protect their own QB, and just nothing.

We have 2 out of the next 3 games at Home. We need to win at least two of these games. It gives me an itch and I cringe at the team's performance. I watch some of these games and it's hard to watch. But this team needs some MAJOR reconstruction over the offseason. I'm talking, a good Backup QB. Move Orlovsky to 3rd string and get Colt Brennan. He'd make a better backup than Painter.

New Defensive Coordinator for obvious reasons.

Just do something drastic and change the team so that when Peyton Manning comes back, he can actually win a ring with this team.

Rant Over.

Honorable mentions go out to:

New York: The Jets must pretty excited beating up on the lowly Kansas City Chiefs. They're in the playoffs and I don't like it. Let's see how they do against The Eagles next week.

Philadelphia: Speaking of The Eagles, they looked to be pretty good. Too bad for them it's too little, too late.

Detroit: They almost blew a lead yesterday to the Vikings, but now they're 8-5 and they get Suh back when they play The Raiders next week. They gotta finish strong cause this year has been too good for them NOT to make the playoffs. Anything other would be a disappointment.

Seahawks: Yes, The Seattle Seahawks. They've quietly been winning some games and are 6-7. All they need is to win out and HOPE for Detroit and Atlanta to lose some games and they could have a shot. That would be quite a feel good story them.

Atlanta: They were down by 16 points on the Road and still came back for the W. Good win for them. They want to get back to the Playoffs and are playing well. Let's see if they continue this trend against The Jags.

Dishonorable mentions go out to:

Tampa Bay: Giving up 41 points to Blaine Gabbert and the Jones-Drew less Jaguars. Really? Really?

Oakland: Need I say more....?

Buffalo: What happened guys? You guys started 4-1, had just beaten New England, and were on top of the World and now they're 5-8.

Miami: After all those games you won, you got stomped out. Hope you can finish strong.

^ You asked why Grossman was benched in favor of Beck. Well - because Rex Grossman is terrible! Him and Shanahan are the biggest issue in Washington and both need to go. After the downfall of the season I would not be surprised if Shanahan is fired. Plus I don't know when they will realize Santana Moss is not a legitimate #1 receiver.

Grossman may not be an Elite QB, but he was ok for The Redskins.

Under Beck, they were 0-3. They didn't win a single game when Beck was at the helm.

Under Grossman, they were 4-6. I mean, I really believe they would've won at least two of the games Beck lost for them. They wouldn't have beaten the Niners, but I'm sure they would've beat Carolina and I know for sure Buffalo would not have shut them out.

Look at the games against Miami, New England, New York, Seattle, and Dallas. Had Beck still been the starter, I guarantee you they'd all be blowouts. With the exception of the Miami game, Grossman had them IN the games they were playing. I like Grossman on The Skins. Keep him.

The thing I have an issue with is that Grossman started 3-1. He was in a system that worked for him. Then, he has ONE bad game and gets benched. Shanahan has lost it IMO. I'll agree with you on that. Shanny has to go.

Like I said before, I'm not saying Grossman is at Brady, Manning, etc.. level, but he had his team winning games. Something they haven't been doing in years. They had a legitimate shot at making the playoffs, but they now have to regroup and try again next year.

And what do you mean Santana Moss isn't a legitimate #1 receiver?

Okay, so Ndamukong Suh's failed stomp attempt where he did absolutely no damage to the player at all was worth a 2 game suspension, but James Harrison's head hunting helmet shot, that was delivered well after McCoy threw the ball, that he received a concussion from is only worth 1 game?

WHAT THE FUCK, NFL.

Okay, so Ndamukong Suh's failed stomp attempt where he did absolutely no damage to the player at all was worth a 2 game suspension, but James Harrison's head hunting helmet shot, that was delivered well after McCoy threw the ball, that he received a concussion from is only worth 1 game?

WHAT THE FUCK, NFL.

This is a tough call, to be honest. On one hand, you have McCoy out of the pocket, looking as if he was going to run. It's not as if this was an egregious late hit where Harrison was determined to hit McCoy no matter what. On the other hand, you have Suh, who deliberately attempted to injure with his stomp. BIG difference, my friend. Sadly, the outcome for McCoy was obviously worse then it was for the Packer he stomped on, but punishment isn't, or at least, shouldn't be, decided by the extent of the injury, it should be by the rules.

What Harrison did was in the act of a football play, bringing a running QB down. If McCoy is one yard further, it's a legal hit. Suh's stomp was not a football play. There's no situation where his stomp is legal. So before we villify the league and James Harrison, let's remember that. If you replaced James Harrison with Ray Lewis, this isn't a suspension at all, it's simply a fine. And before the "repeat offender" issue comes up, this is Harrison's first penalty, personal foul or otherwise, of the year.

In the end, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said it best. "What he did was illegal, now he deserves to pay the consequences." I agree, as nowhere did Tomlin call it "dirty". It wasn't an intentional attempt to injure, it was an illegal hit while attempting to make a football play. Let's not make it out to be more then that. I can live with the game, but what would truly be rediculous is penalizing him for longer then that.

This is a tough call, to be honest. On one hand, you have McCoy out of the pocket, looking as if he was going to run. It's not as if this was an egregious late hit where Harrison was determined to hit McCoy no matter what. On the other hand, you have Suh, who deliberately attempted to injure with his stomp. BIG difference, my friend. Sadly, the outcome for McCoy was obviously worse then it was for the Packer he stomped on, but punishment isn't, or at least, shouldn't be, decided by the extent of the injury, it should be by the rules.

What Harrison did was in the act of a football play, bringing a running QB down. If McCoy is one yard further, it's a legal hit. Suh's stomp was not a football play. There's no situation where his stomp is legal. So before we villify the league and James Harrison, let's remember that. If you replaced James Harrison with Ray Lewis, this isn't a suspension at all, it's simply a fine. And before the "repeat offender" issue comes up, this is Harrison's first penalty, personal foul or otherwise, of the year.

In the end, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said it best. "What he did was illegal, now he deserves to pay the consequences." I agree, as nowhere did Tomlin call it "dirty". It wasn't an intentional attempt to injure, it was an illegal hit while attempting to make a football play. Let's not make it out to be more then that. I can live with the game, but what would truly be rediculous is penalizing him for longer then that.

The thing is that James Harrison has been known for these types of hits for quite some time. He racked up over $100,000 in fines last year for those same types of hits and while some may have been bad calls, many of them were not. It may be a football play but it is a dirty football play and he has had a lot more of them then Suh. The only reason Suh got 2 games while a guy like Andre Johnson got 0 games for doing something worse last year was because Suh was a repeat offender with personal fouls. James Harrison has repeated this same offense more then any player in recent memory.

Not only that, but if you look at the video replay, Harrison didn't lower his head until AFTER McCoy threw the ball. He knew McCoy didn't have the ball anymore...he was head hunting, plain and simple.

Grossman may not be an Elite QB, but he was ok for The Redskins.

Under Beck, they were 0-3. They didn't win a single game when Beck was at the helm.

Under Grossman, they were 4-6. I mean, I really believe they would've won at least two of the games Beck lost for them. They wouldn't have beaten the Niners, but I'm sure they would've beat Carolina and I know for sure Buffalo would not have shut them out.

Look at the games against Miami, New England, New York, Seattle, and Dallas. Had Beck still been the starter, I guarantee you they'd all be blowouts. With the exception of the Miami game, Grossman had them IN the games they were playing. I like Grossman on The Skins. Keep him.

The thing I have an issue with is that Grossman started 3-1. He was in a system that worked for him. Then, he has ONE bad game and gets benched. Shanahan has lost it IMO. I'll agree with you on that. Shanny has to go.

Like I said before, I'm not saying Grossman is at Brady, Manning, etc.. level, but he had his team winning games. Something they haven't been doing in years. They had a legitimate shot at making the playoffs, but they now have to regroup and try again next year.

And what do you mean Santana Moss isn't a legitimate #1 receiver?

I'm convinced Grossman is terrible and definitely isn't worthy of being a starter. He was no good in Chicago either.

By #1 I mean #1 on depth chart. He has been hit or miss throughout his entire tenure in Washington, part of that gies from having Mark Brunell, Donovan McNabb, John Beck, Rex Grossman and possibly Patrick Ramsey(?) As his quarterbacks and their numbers were dismal with the exception of Brunell first season there.

I'd argue Washington lost their momentum when Tim Hightower went down, Ryan Torain's nagging injuries, losing Chris Cooley for season and to top it off Fred Davis who had been their bright spot. Sadly had all those players been healthy I don't think it wouldve made a difference.

A punch, unless it's in the right spot, isn't gonna do much damage except for maybe a black eye since they almost always have helmets on. A stomp, with cleats on, could gouge a guys out and make him go blind. Then you open up a big can of worms and a black eye for the league and that player. A punch is a heat of the moment thing and had Suh simply punched the Packer on the ground you'd have more of an argument, but no way is a punch more dangerous/harmful then a stomp with cleats.

Last time I checked Suh kicked at a guys arm, he wasn't exactly in danger of fucking the guy up too bad. The most damage Suh could have done even if his kick had landed more was scrape the guys arm up. Andre Johnson ripped off a defenders helmet and punched him multiple times in the unprotected face. That could have resulted in a lot more then a black eye. Broken nose, broken cheek bone, broken orbital bone. What Andre Johnson did was worse and more dangerous then what Suh did and it really isn't debatable.

A stomp with cleats may be more dangerous then a punch in some situations but certainly not all situations. The only reason Suh got two games and Johnson got none was because Suh had been fined a few times in the past for football plays. James Harrison has been fined more then anyone the last two years by a wide margin and he obviously hasn't learned anything because he still head hunts. All I want is consistency in punishments and the NFL has shown there is none.

Skip Bayless is a Wagon Rider to every sense of the word... If the Carolina Panthers were to come in next season with Newton carrying them, he'd be all like "Oh my god, Newton's a great quarterback."

I get it, every quarterback in the NFL has their days and moments of greatness... but you'd have to be a fool to think that someone like Tim Tebow is in the same league as Aaron Rogers, who has led his team to an undefeated season thus far. I don't mind people having opinions, but at the same time, having a wagon based opinion as opposed to statistical opinion is really not interesting to have a debate with... which is why I can't stand Skip Bayless.

---

Anyway, back to the NFL itself and not its fans... The playoffs are coming up very soon, and as the way things are being played, I'm going to go ahead and give the Superbowl game to Ravens vs. Packers... which as much as I'd like the Ravens to win, I could see that becoming a Packers victory. Ravens have lost only three games this season and they have every chance of beating their remaining three opponents to score a trip to the playoffs, which I also believe that they have it in them to win... as long as they let Rice play to his strengths and let him run instead of passing it to him. Flacco's a cool headed quarterback, so he can get the ball where it needs to be, but Rice has to step up and realize that now is the time for bringing your A game.

The Packers, are undefeated. There's nothing that can be said that hasn't been said already... This team has proven that one man doesn't make the team, the team makes the team. And that's a really great effort heading towards the play offs. I'm not sure if the Packers will remain undefeated through the rest of the season, but they will take home a Super Bowl trophy this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back