X's Reviews/Match Ratings

You should rate Starrcade '87, X. I'll say Garvin/Flair gets close to five stars in my book. I'd give Blanchard/Anderson vs. Road Warriors four stars, Windham/Dr. Death about one and a half stars, the Skywalkers match a shade under three stars, the six man tag with Zbyszko, Eddie Gilbert, and Rick Steiner facing Sting, and the Freebirds three stars, and Terry Taylor vs. Koloff two and a half stars. Dusty vs. Luger would get two stars in my book.

You should rate Starrcade '87, X. I'll say Garvin/Flair gets close to five stars in my book. I'd give Blanchard/Anderson vs. Road Warriors four stars, Windham/Dr. Death about one and a half stars, the Skywalkers match a shade under three stars, the six man tag with Zbyszko, Eddie Gilbert, and Rick Steiner facing Sting, and the Freebirds three stars, and Terry Taylor vs. Koloff two and a half stars. Dusty vs. Luger would get two stars in my book.

I think I have the Garvin-Flair match rated at ***, haven't watched the rest of the show in many years. The Garvin-Flair match was good, but I felt like it just dragged on and on and really didn't offer up much difference from your usual Flair cage match of the time. It was still good though. I think I rated that like a year or so ago though, so maybe I"ll have to give it another watch.

Incase people haven't noticed I've been taking a bit of a break from rating wrestling lately, simply because I was getting burnt out from watching so much wrestling over this past year. I'll still rate all the new WWE/TNA matches, but the puro and indy stuff is probably going to be taking a hit for the next few weeks. I do have the last few ROH shows lined up though, so hopefully I'll have those rated. We'll just see how I'm feeling wrestling-wise.

I was looking forward to your latest puro ratings b/c I haven't had time to look at the latest matches from NJPW and NOAH.

I was looking forward to your latest puro ratings b/c I haven't had time to look at the latest matches from NJPW and NOAH.

Aw damnit now you've made me feel bad. Any shows in particular? I've been keeping track of both promotions still and have all their recent shows on my hard drive, I just don't think I'm going to want to go through every one of the shows right now as like I said, I'm kind of just cutting back on my wrestling watching lately, only for awhile. Shit maybe I'll watch some NOAH and New Japan tonight, I don't have shit to watch anyways.

Went to the ROH show in Chicago on Saturday. KoW and Briscoes had an elimination tag match, Kings dominated and eliminated Mark, Jay hit a Jay Driller on Claudio and immediately afterward pinned Hero with a backslide. It was good until Jay dominated the 2-on-1.

All Night Express had a really good tag match against Kyle O'Reilly (who I am in love with right now) and Adam Cole. Those guys will fill in the roster very nicely.

Main event was Richards vs. Daniels. Excellent match, Davey smashed his back on the barricade doing his dive and got a DVD on the apron. He ended up winning with something like an inverted Indian deathlock. Daniels got on the mic and put over Davey and ROH.

THEY ARE HAVING AN iPPV IN CHICAGO IN FEBRUARY. I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT.

How about Destruction 2010 from NJPW? I want to know you're thoughts on the tag match b/w Ibushi/Omega vs Devitt/Taguchi, Liger's return match, Tanahashi vs Naito, and Goto vs Nakamura (which I enjoyed watching today).

As for NOAH, I guess you can do "One for All, All for One" if you haven't done it already. I just want it for Shiozaki vs Suzuki anyway.

Well he did say that he did ask if I wanted any review of the shows and that he probably would watch the shows as he didn't have anything to do last night. It's not like I'm forcing him to hurry into a review just gave him suggestions of shows to watch.

So I watched the Shiozaki-Suzuki match from the 9/11 show. Holy fucking poop. Easiest ****1/2 I've ever handed out. So good. Watch it, right now. I shall start catching back up on the rest of NOAH and New Japan soon.

Ratings for WWE Bragging Rights 2010:

10/24/10 Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler - ****
10/24/10 Cody Rhodes/Drew McIntyre vs. John Cena/David Otunga - *1/2
10/24/10 Ted DiBiase vs. Goldust - *3/4
10/24/10 Layla vs. Natalya - *
10/24/10 Kane vs. Undertaker (Buried Alive) - *
10/24/10 Big Show/Edge/Rey Mysterio/Jack Swagger/Kofi Kingston/Alberto Del Rio/Tyler Reks vs. The Miz/CM Punk/Sheamus/John Morrison/Ezekiel Jackson/Santino Marella (Elimination) - ***1/4
10/24/10 Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett - **3/4

Pretty lackluster show, but Bryan-Ziggler was fan-fucking-tastic.

X, did you see/rate the Castagnoli/Del Rey vs. Quackenbush/Toyota match from CHIKARA? Manami Toyota's US debut? I watched it the other day and loved it and was curious as to your thoughts.

How Good Do You Think the Bryan vs. Punk Matches Could Be Should They Get Booked into a Feud, as Has Been Teased?

it's definitely a 5 star possibility but there is a thread up in the Raw forum where you can put your full opinion

X, did you see/rate the Castagnoli/Del Rey vs. Quackenbush/Toyota match from CHIKARA? Manami Toyota's US debut? I watched it the other day and loved it and was curious as to your thoughts.

Y'know I have it sitting here on my PC, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I have a shitload of indy stuff to catch up on, the last few ROH DVDs, the latest Dragon Gate USA PPV, the last few CHIKARA shows as well as this year's PWG Battle of Los Angeles tournament. Not to mention all the NOAH shows I've got to catch up on.

How Good Do You Think the Bryan vs. Punk Matches Could Be Should They Get Booked into a Feud, as Has Been Teased?

If given enough time they could be amazing. They had some very good matches in ROH, but they never seemed to really have great chemistry together. Many years later that could be improved for sure. I think maybe the best match they had in ROH I gave either ***3/4 or **** to, not sure, but it was never really a five star affair. Many years and more experience later, they could deliver a five star match if given 20-30 minutes.

Anyways, just finished watching Turning Point. Really lackluster show. Here's the ratings:

TNA Turning Point 2010 said:
11/7/10 Jay Lethal vs. Robbie E - **
11/7/10 Mickie James vs. Tara - *
11/7/10 Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D - ***1/2
11/7/10 Rob Van Dam vs. Tommy Dreamer - **3/4
11/7/10 AJ Styles/Kazarian/Doug Williams/Robert Roode/James Storm vs. Sabu/Raven/Rhyno/Brian Kendrick/Stevie Richards - **1/4
11/7/10 Abyss vs. Pope D'Angelo Dinero (Lumberjack) - *
11/7/10 Jeff Jarrett vs. Samoa Joe - *3/4
11/7/10 Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Morgan - **

Incredibly boring show for the most part. 3D-MCMG was very good though, fitting way for 3D to go out, one of the best matches those two fat fucks have been involved in in years.

Survivor Series 2010 Ratings:

11/21/10 Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase - ***
11/21/10 John Morrison vs. Sheamus - **3/4
11/21/10 Dolph Ziggler vs. Kaval - ***
11/21/10 Rey Mysterio/Big Show/Kofi Kingston/MVP/Chris Masters vs. Alberto Del Rio/Jack Swagger/Cody Rhodes/Drew McIntyre/Tyler Reks (Elimination) - **3/4
11/21/10 Natalya vs. Michelle McCool/Layla - *
11/21/10 Kane vs. Edge - **
11/21/10 Justin Gabriel/Heath Slater vs. Santino Marella/Vladimir Kozlov - *
11/21/10 Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett - **

Fun undercard, boring second half, overall an average show really. Wasn't shocked that Cena was "fired" at all.

Ratings for TNA Final Resolution 2010 from this past Sunday bitches.

12/5/10 Beer Money vs. Ink Inc. - **3/4
12/5/10 Mickie James vs. Tara (Falls Count Anywhere) - *1/2
12/5/10 Robbie E vs. Jay Lethal - **1/4
12/5/10 Rob Van Dam vs. Rhino (First Blood) - *3/4
12/5/10 AJ Styles vs. Doug Williams - ***1/4
12/5/10 Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me (Full Metal Mayhem) - ****
12/5/10 Abyss vs. Pope D'Angelo Dinero (Casket) - *
12/5/10 Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Jarrett (Submission) - **
12/5/10 Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Morgan - **

MCMG-Gen Me was the highlight of the night obviously, just another fantastic match from guys who were born to perform these kinds of high-risk aerial matches. Was tempted to go ****1/4 and probably would have if I didn't remember back to the 2/3 Falls match MCMG and Beer Money had a few months back that I gave only **** to and decided it was about even.

I promise to start getting on the recent indy shows I've missed rating, I've still got them all on my hard drive, a couple shows of ROH, PWG, EVOLVE, DGUSA, NOAH, New Japan and CHIKARA.

Morrison-Sheamus was a very good match. Both guys have a good mesh with one another and they certainly brought it that night.

Surprised you didn't rate it higher.

Tiger, that question you asked me on MSN the other day? I'm almost positive that X can help you out with that, shoot him a PM

Also, *3/4 stars for for RVD/Rhino?

You really thought it was worse than Hardy/Morgan?

Edit: Already got it Charlie, watched it early today before work.

Morrison-Sheamus was a very good match. Both guys have a good mesh with one another and they certainly brought it that night.

Surprised you didn't rate it higher.

Maybe I need to re-watch it, I'm surprised by how many people have given it high marks, it seemed rather average to me on my viewing. I have liked their previous work together though, including that fun falls count anywhere match they had a few months back.

:(

Only 3 1/4 stars for Styles/Williams. Was it the finish?

It seemed to end a bit prematurely for me to go any higher on it, what we got though was extremely good and it was obviously one of the better matches of the night. Give them a little bit more time to get going and I'm sure I would have rated it higher.

Also, *3/4 stars for for RVD/Rhino?

You really thought it was worse than Hardy/Morgan?

Edit: Already got it Charlie, watched it early today before work.

Definitely. Rhino hasn't been worth a shit in years and RVD has been just coasting by since the Abyss feud ended.

Here are the latest Dragon Gate USA ratings for their Bushido live iPPV they aired on October 29th. I'm slowly getting around to all the DGUSA/EVOLVE/ROH/PWG/CHIKARA/Puro shows I missed the last few months.

10/29/10 Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jon Moxley (I Quit) - ***1/2
10/29/10 YAMATO/Akira Tozawa vs. CIMA/Genki Horiguchi - ***1/4
10/29/10 BxB Hulk vs. SHINGO - ***1/4

Fun little show, but nothing amazing. The I Quit match between Jimmy Jacobs and Jon Moxley was brutal fun, but nothing classic or anything. Still, fun show.

Fun little show, but nothing amazing. The I Quit match between Jimmy Jacobs and Jon Moxley was brutal fun, but nothing classic or anything. Still, fun show.

That show was fun, but it wasn't anything special. I was expecting more, but I wasn't disappointed by what we got. I did love the whole formation of Ronin, I think I spelled that right. That was the high light of the show for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back