12/3/91 Ted DiBiase/Repo Man vs. Tito Santana/Virgil - ***
1/19/92 Owen Hart/Jim Neidhart vs. Orient Express - ***1/2
1/19/92 Royal Rumble Match - ****1/4
8/29/92 Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior - ***3/4
8/29/92 Bret Hart vs. Davey Boy Smith - ****3/4
11/14/92 Davey Boy Smith vs. Shawn Michaels - ***3/4
11/25/92 Randy Savage/Mr. Perfect vs. Ric Flair/Razor Ramon - ***1/4
11/25/92 Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels - ****1/4
5/5/01 Edge/Christian vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz vs. X-Pac/Justin Credible (Elimination) - ***
5/5/01 Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle (2/3 Falls) - ***1/2
5/5/01 Chris Jericho vs. William Regal - ***
11/17/07 CM Punk vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz - ***
11/17/07 Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels - ***1/4
11/17/07 Undertaker vs. Batista (Hell in a Cell) - ***1/2
12/31/10 Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger - ***1/4
1/3/11 The Miz vs. John Morrison (Falls Count Anywhere) - ****
1/7/11 Edge vs. Kane (Last Man Standing) - ***1/2
1/7/11 Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio (2/3 Falls) - ***1/2

All kinds of tasty stuff from an old school MSG show with a great 20 minute draw between Tito Santana and Bob Orton to a few different PPVs from 1992, as well as Insurrextion 2001, Survivor Series 2007, and ratings for the latest episodes of Raw and Smackdown, both of which had great wrestling all week long.

ROH
4/16/05 Roderick Strong vs. El Generico - ***
4/16/05 Samoa Joe vs. Alex Shelley vs. Nigel McGuiness vs. Colt Cabana (Double Stakes Four Corner Survival) - ***3/4
4/16/05 Austin Aries vs. James Gibson - ****
4/16/05 Bryan Danielson vs. Homicide (Lumberjack) - ***
8/28/10 Roderick Strong vs. Kevin Steen - ***
8/28/10 Tyler Black vs. Davey Richards - ***3/4
10/9/10 Eddie Edwards vs. Erick Stevens - ***
10/9/10 Chris Hero/Claudio Castagnoli vs. El Generico/Colt Cabana - ***
10/9/10 Tyler Black vs. Christopher Daniels - ***3/4
10/18/10 Davey Richards vs. Tyler Black - ****

Lots of good stuff here, ratings for the 2005 Stalemate event with an excellent Austin Aries-James Gibson match, as well as ratings for the Tag Wars and Fade to Black events in August and October of this past year. Tyler Black and Christopher Daniels had a great 30 minute draw that could have been a classic if given a proper ending. Also rated here is Tyler Black's final taped match for ROH against Davey Richards from an episode of ROH on HDNet this past October, which was excellent just as you'd expect.

WCW/NWA
11/22/84 Tully Blanchard vs. Ricky Steamboat (No DQ) - ***3/4
10/28/89 Samoan SWAT Team/Samoan Savage vs. Midnight Express/Steve Williams - ***1/4
10/28/89 Lex Luger vs. Brian Pillman - ***1/2
10/28/89 Ric Flair/Sting vs. Terry Funk/Great Muta (Thunderdome Cage) - ***

A few random ratings, watched Starrcade '84 and Halloween Havoc 1989 this week.

EVOLVE
9/11/10 Jimmy Jacobs vs. Adam Cole - ***
9/11/10 Drake Younger vs. Sami Callihan - ***
9/11/10 Ricochet vs. Kyle O'Reilly - ***1/2
9/11/10 Bryan Danielson vs. Munenori Sawa - ***1/2

Ratings for the latest EVOLVE event from this past September featuring a very fun main event of super junior goodness between Danielson and Munenori Sawa.

NJPW
9/26/10 Prince Devitt/Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jado/Gedo - ***
9/26/10 Koji Kanemoto vs. Davey Richards - ***3/4
9/26/10 Togi Makabe vs. Masato Tanaka - ***1/4
10/11/10 Prince Devitt/Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kota Ibushi/Kenny Omega - ****
10/11/10 Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hirooki Goto - ***

Ratings for a few shows/PPVs for New Japan. The Apollo 55 vs. Omega/Ibushi match from 10/11 was voted match of the year in the annual Tokyo Sports awards, and while it was an excellent match it wasn't quite up to that match of the year caliber in my eyes. Still, **** action with four of the best juniors in the world is certainly nothing to scoff at.

Hopefully should be filling in the gaps in my ratings, mainly the rest of the 90s in the WWF.

Two things: what did you think of the cage match on this past Raw and is the 10/18/10 Richards/Black, the rematch that took up the whole episode?

The cage match was solid, but not spectacular. That and the other matches on Smackdown came very close to *** territory but with the quality of the other matches on the show, it kind of hurt those individual matches in the long run. Good match, but I wasn't really impressed enough to give it the *** go-ahead.

And yeah, the 10/18 Richards/Black match is the one that takes up most of the episode of ROH on HDNet, it's an excellent match up, better than their August rematch if not quite on the same level as their Death Before Dishonor match. A damn fine way for Tyler to leave ROH.

What are you expecting out of Suday's Genesis.

Good stuff honestly, AJ and Doug Williams will have their usual excellent wrestling match, Jay Lethal and Kaz should be solid enough, and you can never go wrong with MCMG-Beer Money. I'm really looking forward to the Angle-Jarrett match shockingly, mainly because of how much I LOVED the match they had 2 years ago at Genesis in 09 which was probably the best singles match Jeff Jarrett has been involved in in several years.

Rest of the card is iffy. Anderson-Morgan will probably be dull, and I surmise RVD's mystery opponent will be Tommy Dreamer or some other bullshit like that so that's a write-off, but most of the card looks entertaining. Should be a good show I expect, I'll have ratings up for it sometime on Monday.

Full ratings for last night's Genesis PPV:

TNA Genesis 2011
1/9/11 Jay Lethal vs. Kazarian - ***1/4
1/9/11 Mickie James vs. Madison Rayne - *1/4
1/9/11 Beer Money vs. Motor City Machine Guns - ***1/2
1/9/11 Brother Ray vs. Devon - 1/2*
1/9/11 Doug Williams vs. Abyss - *1/2
1/9/11 Matt Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam - ***
1/9/11 Mr. Anderson vs. Matt Morgan - **3/4
1/9/11 Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson - **

Lethal and Kazarian had a very solid opening contest, MCMG & Beer Money had the best match of the night, as usual, and Matt Hardy actually looked motivated inside of a wrestling ring for most of his matchup with RVD, which aside from a shit finish was solid I thought surprisingly enough. Anderon-Morgan was also on it's way to solid before a terrible ending ruined it. Overall a very disappointing PPV, but atleast the undercard gave us two good matches.

Big update coming later tonight for lots of old school WWE and ROH. As always, my entire ratings database can be found here (updated daily): http://xfearbefore.blogspot.com/

Stay tuned.

Huge update time. Also, big news, I've decided to begin actually reviewing every show I watch similar to KB and others. What this means is probably less ratings updates, but it'll be better in the long run. Kind of sucks though considering I've gone through and watched so much wrestling that I'll have to get back to eventually as I'm an OCD completist.

Anyways, onto this ratings update!

WWE
1/24/93 Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty - ***1/2
1/24/93 Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon - ***1/2
1/25/93 Ric Flair vs. Mr. Perfect (Loser Leaves Town) - ****
4/4/93 Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka - ***1/4
5/17/93 Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty - ***1/4
5/24/93 Mr. Perfect vs. Doink - ***
5/31/93 Marty Jannetty vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - ***
6/13/93 Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon - ***
6/13/93 Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect - ****1/4
6/13/93 Bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - ***3/4
6/14/93 Marty Jannetty vs. Doink - ***
6/21/93 Marty Jannetty vs. Doink (2/3 Falls) - ****
7/19/93 Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty - ***3/4
7/26/93 Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Bret Hart - ***
8/2/93 Randy Savage vs. Doink - ***
8/22/93 Scott Steiner/Rick Steiner vs. Ted DiBiase/IRS (Cage) - ****
8/30/93 Scott Steiner/Rick Steiner vs. Jimmy Del Ray/Tom Pritchard - ***1/2
8/30/93 Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. Perfect - ***
8/30/93 Bret Hart vs. Jerry Lawler - ***1/2
8/30/93 Tatanka/Smoking Gunns vs. Bam Bam Bigelow/Headshrinkers - ***
9/1/93 Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon - ***
9/13/93 Scott Steiner/Rick Steiner vs. Quebecers - ***1/2
10/11/93 Razor Ramon vs. Rick Martel - ***
10/25/93 Marty Jannetty vs. 1-2-3 Kid - ***
11/24/93 Razor Ramon/Randy Savage/Marty Jannetty/1-2-3 Kid vs. IRS/Diesel/Rick Martel/Adam Bomb (Elimination) - ***1/4
11/24/93 Jimmy Del Ray/Tom Pritchard vs. Rock & Roll Express - ***1/4
12/6/93 Shawn Michaels vs. 1-2-3 Kid - ***1/2
1/10/94 1-2-3 Kid/Marty Jannetty vs. Quebecers - ***1/2
1/11/94 Bret Hart/Owen Hart vs. Scott Steiner/Rick Steiner - *****
1/23/94 Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Tatanka - ***
1/23/94 Bret Hart/Owen Hart vs. Quebecers - ***1/2
1/23/94 Royal Rumble Match - ***1/4
6/19/94 Bret Hart vs. Diesel - ***3/4
6/19/94 Owen Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid - ***1/2
7/11/94 Bret Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid - ****1/2
7/30/94 Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund - ***1/2
8/1/94 Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels - ***3/4
5/20/01 Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (2/3 Falls) - ****
5/20/01 Chris Jericho/Chris Benoit vs. APA vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Edge/Christian vs. X-Pac/Justin Credible vs. Perry Saturn/Dean Malenko (Tag Team Turmoil) - ***
5/20/01 Steve Austin vs. Undertaker (No Holds Barred) - ***
5/24/01 Chris Benoit/Chris Jericho vs. Edge/Christian vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz (TLC) - ****3/4

As you can obviously tell, shitload of new match ratings. Cycled through 93-mid 94 and there a ton of great matches here, the best of which is the five-star match that Bret and Owen Hart had against the Steiner brothers in January of 1994, a forgotten classic that was only released on Coliseum Home Video. It's every bit as good as you'd think with those two sets of brothers (their only meeting ever I do believe), and then some. One of the greatest tag team matches ever, if you've never gotten around to seeing that match, get on it immediately. Also rated here is another forgotten classic cage match from the summer of 1993 between the Steiners and Money Inc in what would be one of Ted DiBiase's last matches. Incredible cage match that aired on a special Summerslam hype show replacing Raw, another match you should definitely seek out. And what's that? MORE forgotten classics? You bet your ass, because you may see the name Doink on this list and think "WHAT THE FUCK?", but Matt Bourne as a heel Doink was not only an excellent wrestler, but he had a fantastic 2/3 Falls match against Marty Jannetty in June of 1993. Seek that one out as well, you won't be disappointed.

Another incredible match worth mentioning here is (yet AGAIN) another forgotten classic between Bret Hart and the 1-2-3 Kid on Raw in July of 1994, which can only be described as near-wrestling match perfection. I toyed with the ratings for awhile before ****1/2-*****, but decided on ****1/2 simply because it could have used another five minutes or so. Still, CHECK THAT SHIT OUT RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Absolutely incredible storytelling, psychology, and in-ring action. Wrestling crack.

Also rated here is Judgment Day 2001, with another excellent Kurt Angle-Chris Benoit match, this time the 2/3 stipulation falls match. Not too much else on that show aside from a surprisingly spirited main event between Austin and 'Taker.

TNA
1/13/11 Beer Money vs. Motor City Machine Guns - ***1/4

Another chapter in the never-ending but always good Beer Money-MCMG feud. Not as good as their PPV match this past Sunday, but still good stuff.

ROH
5/7/05 James Gibson vs. Black Tiger IV - ***1/2
5/7/05 Jimmy Jacobs/BJ Whitmer vs. Roderick Strong/Jack Evans - ***1/4
5/7/05 Samoa Joe vs. Jay Lethal - ****1/4
5/7/05 CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave (Dog Collar Match) - ***1/4
5/7/05 Austin Aries vs. Alex Shelley - ***3/4
5/13/05 Alex Shelley vs. Roderick Strong - ***1/2
5/13/05 Samoa Joe vs. Jack Evans vs. Delirious vs. Ebetaroh - ***
5/13/05 Jimmy Rave vs. Matt Sydal - ***
5/13/05 Austin Aries vs. James Gibson - ****3/4
5/13/05 Homicide vs. Bryan Danielson (Cage) - ***1/2
5/14/05 James Gibson vs. BJ Whitmer - ***
5/14/05 Homicide vs. Doug Williams - ***1/2
5/14/05 Alex Shelley/Delirious vs. Roderick Strong/Jack Evans - ***
5/14/05 Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson - ***3/4
5/14/05 CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave (Cage) - ***3/4
6/4/05 Roderick Strong vs. Alex Shelley - ***1/2
6/4/05 CM Punk/Colt Cabana vs. Nigel McGuinness/Chad Collyer - ***1/4
6/4/05 Samoa Joe vs. James Gibson - ****
6/4/05 Austin Aries vs. Brian Kendrick - ****
10/15/10 Kevin Steen/Steve Corino vs. Kyle O'Reilly/Adam Cole - ***1/4
10/15/10 Jay Briscoe vs. Rhett Titus - ***
10/15/10 Chris Hero/Claudio Castagnoli vs. Christopher Daniels/Davey Richards - ***3/4

Lots more ROH ratings, mainly April-June 2005 as well as an event from this past October. Among the highlights is an absolutely brilliant match between Austin Aries and James Gibson on May 13th of 2005, which is even more incredible when you consider they just had a classic match a month ago. Absolutely thrilling match, nearly 5 stars as you can see. Also included is the excellent Pure Title match Samoa Joe and Jay Lethal had in 05, excellent storytelling.

AJPW
1/17/97 Steve Williams/Johnny Ace vs. Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue - ***

Random tag match from some AJPW TV in January of '97.

NJPW
1/4/11 Yuji Nagata vs. Minoru Suzuki - ****1/4
1/4/11 Prince Devitt vs. Kota Ibushi - ****
1/4/11 Go Shiozaki vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - ***3/4
1/4/11 Satoshi Kojima vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - ***1/2

Ratings for most of Wrestle Kingdom V the annual show that New Japan holds on January 4th in the Tokyo Dome, which is basically Wrestlemania in Japan. Yuji Nagata and Minoru Suzuki had an incredible match that can only be described as two cranky old Japanese warriors beating the ever loving motherfuck out of each other with incredible stiffness, psychology and selling. It was a tad bit short at about 15 minutes, but still awesome and delivered in every way in being a great inter-promotional battle and I believe the first major meeting between these two. Prince Devitt and Kota Ibushi had their usual excellent junior match, what the hell did you expect? Not sa good as Nagata-Suzuki but excellent in every way. Go Shiozaki and Shinsuke Nakamura had a great match as well that alot of people were flipping out over, but I still felt it wasn't the best match of the night. Closing out the card Tanahashi won the IWGP title from Kojima, ending his mystery run as champion. Great show all around, though it dragged a bit in the beginning.

NOAH
10/17/10 KENTA/Atsushi Aoki vs. Roderick Strong/Eddie Edwards - ***1/4

Random tag match from a tag tournament NOAH held in October between KENTA/Atsushi Aoki and visiting from ROH, Roderick Strong and Eddie Edwards. Good but not quite great match.

And that's it for now. Stay tuned for major changes in the near future.

Bit of an off week with the wrestling watching, some personal stuff going on but all is well, nothing to worry about. Should be getting back into the hang of things soon, starting with a review for the 1995 Royal Rumble later tonight. Here are some random ratings until then however...

WWE
5/23/93 Bret Hart vs. Lex Luger - ***
8/15/94 1-2-3 Kid vs. Owen Hart - ***1/4
8/29/94 Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano - ***
8/29/94 Diesel vs. Razor Ramon - ***1/4
8/29/94 Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (Cage Match) - ****3/4
10/30/94 Shawn Michaels/Diesel vs. Razor Ramon/1-2-3 Kid - ****1/4
11/7/94 Bret Hart/Davey Boy Smith vs. Owen Hart/Jim Neidhart - ***1/2
11/23/94 Shawn Michaels/Diesel/Owen Hart/Jim Neidhart/Jeff Jarrett vs. Razor Ramon/Davey Boy Smith/1-2-3 Kid/Fatu/Sionne (Elimination) - ***1/4
11/23/94 Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund (Submission) - ****1/2
12/5/94 Davey Boy Smith vs. Jeff Jarrett - ***
1/9/95 Razor Ramon vs. Owen Hart - ***1/4
1/17/11 CM Punk vs. John Cena - ***
1/20/11 Tyson Kidd vs. Yoshi Tatsu - ***

Some more random ratings from August of '94 to January of '95 as well as ratings for a very good main event on Raw last week between Punk and Cena as well as a very good match between Tyson Kidd and Yoshi Tatsu on Superstars last week. Nothing much of note on Smackdown, some good wrestling on Raw last night but nothing really making an impact.

ROH
1/3/11 Eddie Edwards vs. Mark Briscoe - ***
1/17/11 Christopher Daniels vs. Chris Hero - ***

I decided to start watching ROH's weekly TV on HDNet, ironically enough just as they've been cancelled. Oh well, very good match to start of 2011 on the 1/3 show with a solid TV title defense by Edwards against Mark Brriscoe, and a very good main event two weeks later on the 1/17 show to determine the number one contender for the ROH World title between Christopher Daniels and Chris Hero. Looks like Daniels may be getting the world title for a short run pretty soon and I'm all for it, he deserves it.

NOAH
10/30/10 KENTA/Atsushi Aoki vs. Jack Evans/Extreme Tiger - ***3/4
10/30/10 KENTA/Atsushi Aoki vs. Roderick Strong/Eddie Edwards - ***1/2

Ratings for the final night of the fall juniors tag league that NOAH held, an excellent semi-final match between KENTA/Aoki and Jack Evans & Extreme Tiger that was a little over 10 minutes of some of the best balls-to-the-wall high risk juniors tag action I've seen all year, if only it was longer. Any match that has a fucking 450 splash on the concrete floor spot in the first 3 minutes is pretty nifty in my book. The finals were a rematch from a few weeks earlier between the visiting ROH guys in Roderick Strong and Eddie Edwards, the ROH World and Television champions respectfully, against the junior heavyweight aces of NOAH, KENTA and Aoki. Very good match if not quite as good as KENTA & Aoki's earlier match in the evening.

AJPW
3/1/97 Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue vs. Gary Albright/Yoshihiro Takayama - ****1/4
3/1/97 Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Steve Williams - ****1/4

Ratings for the 3/1 show as a part of the spring Excite tour in 1997 featuring one of Yoshihiro Takayama's first matches in AJPW teaming up with Gary Albright to take on the Holy Demon Army in a brutal and stiff contest that left me with my jaw on the floor by the time it was finished, followed up by an equally as good main event title defense by Misawa against Steve Williams, making his return to All Japan for the first time in several years. About as good of a 90 minute wrestling show as one could ask for, was quite happy to find this disc laying around.

That's it for now. Stay tuned as always, and check out my blog as always, I recently gave it a quick re-design so it's easier on the eyes now. CLICK HERE

3 things:

1. Have you found that Richards/Devitt match at all? I've looked a bit for it and have had no luck so far :(

2. Have you seen the Richards vs. Daniels show yet? ANX vs. Cole and O'Reilly was a very good tag match. Homicide and Steen had a goofy violent match that was both funny and semi-gruesome (Side note: I'm gonna miss the fat fucker. He was the best character in ROH at the end of his run. Plus, try and tell me this entrance music:

[YOUTUBE]Qke-5HbT-CE[/YOUTUBE]

isn't a-fucking-mazing.) The I Quit and Elimination Tag matches were good, and the main event is just as epic as you would expect. Check it out if you haven't yet.

3. 1 month 'til I'm in the 3rd row at the 9th Anniversary Show, bitch :p

3 things:

1. Have you found that Richards/Devitt match at all? I've looked a bit for it and have had no luck so far :(

The New Japan match? I've actually got it on my PC right now, it's on the 12/11 Circuit show, it's posted up over at XWT if you still have an account there. I haven't watched it yet but I plan to sometime this week when I catch up with the rest of my 2010 NJPW and NOAH shows. I'm sure it's awesome.

2. Have you seen the Richards vs. Daniels show yet? ANX vs. Cole and O'Reilly was a very good tag match. Homicide and Steen had a goofy violent match that was both funny and semi-gruesome (Side note: I'm gonna miss the fat fucker. He was the best character in ROH at the end of his run. Plus, try and tell me this entrance music:

Another show I've got on my laptop, heard Richards/Daniels was a ****+ match, still got a few of the last 2010 shows for ROH to watch as well. Should be good.

[YOUTUBE]Qke-5HbT-CE[/YOUTUBE]

isn't a-fucking-mazing.) The I Quit and Elimination Tag matches were good, and the main event is just as epic as you would expect. Check it out if you haven't yet.

Fuck year I love Steen, did you see his title match against Tyler Black back in July? Match of the year candidate, dude has had a fucking awesome 2010, contender for wrestler of the year in my book. Sucks that ROH aren't renewing the contracts of guys like him, Aries, and Generico, makes me wonder what the hell their plans for the future are.

3. 1 month 'til I'm in the 3rd row at the 9th Anniversary Show, bitch :p

Lucky fuck, I think I read in the Observer that the plans were to build up to a four-way tag title match with KOW/All Night Express/World's Greatest Tag Team/Briscoes, I forget what they said the plans for the main event were. Make sure to let me know all about it when you do go bro!

So what should I watch tonight? More Buffy/Angel, Royal Rumble '95, the latest Dragon Gate USA PPV, or maybe catch up on those NOAH/NJPW/ROH shows I haven't gotten around to? Not sure, not sure.

The New Japan match? I've actually got it on my PC right now, it's on the 12/11 Circuit show, it's posted up over at XWT if you still have an account there. I haven't watched it yet but I plan to sometime this week when I catch up with the rest of my 2010 NJPW and NOAH shows. I'm sure it's awesome.

Yes I do and I am going over there right after I finish replying to you :)

Another show I've got on my laptop, heard Richards/Daniels was a ****+ match, still got a few of the last 2010 shows for ROH to watch as well. Should be good.

It was incredible live. Daniels reversed a SSP into a Koji Clutch. If your interest isn't piqued by that, I don't know you anymore.

Fuck year I love Steen, did you see his title match against Tyler Black back in July? Match of the year candidate, dude has had a fucking awesome 2010, contender for wrestler of the year in my book. Sucks that ROH aren't renewing the contracts of guys like him, Aries, and Generico, makes me wonder what the hell their plans for the future are.

I was there :). I didn't know they weren't renewing Generico, it looked as though they were pushing him post-Steen relatively hard. He's facing Strong in a title match (that Roddy will win) during WrestleReunion whenever that is. I love Aries, but him I can understand. He's done just about everything in ROH, so even though he has the name value and whatnot, that roster spot could be used for the next Tyler Black, Austin Aries, etc.

I will be pissed if they lose Steen and Generico, however. Those two put on one of the best feuds in recent memory last year.

Lucky fuck, I think I read in the Observer that the plans were to build up to a four-way tag title match with KOW/All Night Express/World's Greatest Tag Team/Briscoes, I forget what they said the plans for the main event were. Make sure to let me know all about it when you do go bro!

Right now, it is KOW vs. ANX for the Tag Titles, WGTT vs. the Briscoes, Cabana vs. Richards, and Homicide vs. Roddy for the World Title. Should be a great show.

Hey X. Yesterday, I was a bit bored and decided to watch some wrestling. So I looked through your ratings to find a good match to watch and I stumbled upon the Danielson/London 2/3 falls match that you gave 5 stars. Now I've only been watching wrestling for about a year and a half, so I dont know that much. But after I saw the match, I was wondering why this was a ***** match. Dont get me wrong, it was very good. Definitely ****/****1/2. But could you tell me why you gave it 5 stars?

Hey X. Yesterday, I was a bit bored and decided to watch some wrestling. So I looked through your ratings to find a good match to watch and I stumbled upon the Danielson/London 2/3 falls match that you gave 5 stars. Now I've only been watching wrestling for about a year and a half, so I dont know that much. But after I saw the match, I was wondering why this was a ***** match. Dont get me wrong, it was very good. Definitely ****/****1/2. But could you tell me why you gave it 5 stars?

Alot of things really led me to go five stars. They went 40+ minutes and it was never boring for even a minute, the selling from London throughout the match is literally one of the finest examples of selling througout a match that I have EVER seen, and the last 10+ minutes was just balls-to-the-wall action. I'm a big fan of both men but London was on a roll around this time, putting on MOTYC all the time. People, myself included, seriously thought he was destined to be a world champion in the WWE, but he went off the deep end and that never happened.

Just alot of things really, but when I was finished with that match I felt emotionally drained and exhausted from the action and storytelling throughout. I looked at my other ratings and felt it deserved the extra push past ****3/4 all the way to *****. One of the very best ROH matches ever IMO.

Hope that answers your question.

Oh and since the Rumble is tonight, here are some quick ratings updates:

WWE
1/22/95 Razor Ramon vs. Jeff Jarrett - ***1/4
1/22/95 Diesel vs. Bret Hart - ***3/4
1/22/95 Bam Bam Bigelow/Tatanka vs. 1-2-3 Kid/Bob Holly - ***1/4
1/23/95 1-2-3 Kid/Bob Holly vs. Smoking Gunns - ***1/2
3/6/95 Shawn Michaels vs. Davey Boy Smith - ***1/4
3/27/95 Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (No Holds Barred) - ***1/2
4/3/95 Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano - ***1/2
5/14/95 Bret Hart vs. Hakushi - ***3/4
5/22/95 Shawn Michaels vs. King Kong Bundy - ***

More 1995 ratings as I reviewed several PPVs in full length from that year on my blog. Included are ratings for the '95 Rumble, Wrestlemania 11, and the first In Your House show along with a few Raw matches in-between. 1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly had a damn good tag match against the Smoking Gunns the night after the Rumble, ending their short title reign. HBK and Bulldog had a great 15 minute match a few weeks before 'Mania, and Bret and Owen Hart fought once again, this time in a No Holds Barred match that was damn good if not quite great. Also included is probably one of if not THE best women's match in the WWE since the Jumping Bomb Angels '88 push, a brilliant title match between Bull Nakano and Alundra Blayze that put even their male peers at the time to shame. Fucking German suplexes ON THE CONCRETE in this one, anyone who wants to see a GOOD women's match in the WWE, seek that April 3rd 1995 match out. Also included is a very fun and spirited match between HBK and King Kong Bundy of all people. This was HBK's big face return after being injured back in April and this was basically as perfect of a return match as you can ask for with Shawn bumping like a maniac, flying all over the place and carrying Bundy to a fine 10 minute+ encounter that was the perfect way to bring Shawn back as a face and look like a million bucks. I was as shocked as you are giving a Bundy match ***.

NOAH
11/28/08 KENTA vs. Eddie Edwards - ****

Great random GHC Jr title defense with KENTA and Eddie Edwards only weeks after KENTA and Marufuji had a ***** match. Excellent match that slowly picked up steam until both men were going at full-speed at an unfathomable pace. Was on the fence between ***3/4-****, but the finish was hot as all hell so I bumped it up to ****. Typically excellent KENTA match.

NJPW
12/11/10 Alex Shelley/Chris Sabin vs. Tetsuya Naito/Yujiro Takahashi - ***
12/11/10 Prince Devitt vs. Davey Richards - ***1/2
12/11/10 Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hirooki Goto - ***1/2
12/11/10 Satoshi Kojima vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - ***1/2

Ratings from the 12/11 New Japan PPV, lots of good stuff but not quite great. Check out the General Wrestling Section for my full-length review of the show, or just click the link in the first post in this thread. There are links to all of the full-length reviews I've done thus far in this thread's first post, or you can always just check out my blog for all the latest updates/reviews: http://www.xfearbefore.blogspot.com/

Rumble tonight should be great fun. Keep a watch out for a review of that show as well as a review for the 12/5 NOAH show that saw old rivals KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji meet up again.

Figured I'd do a quick update, most of these are from my reviews, a few revisions to old ratings as well, which I'll document.

WWE
7/12/86 Greg Valentine vs. Junkyard Dog - ***
7/12/86 Bruno Sammartino/Tito Santana vs. Randy Savage/Adrian Adonis (Cage) - ***1/2
6/10/89 The Rockers vs. Rougeau Brothers - ***3/4
1/15/90 The Rockers vs. Powers of Pain - ***1/4
1/15/90 Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. Perfect - ***
12/15/93 Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna (Cage) - ***3/4
7/23/95 1-2-3 Kid vs. Roadie - ***
7/23/95 Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Jarrett - ****1/2
7/23/95 Bret Hart vs. Jean-Pierre Lafitte - *** (revised from ***1/2 to ***)
7/24/95 Bret Hart vs. Hakushi - ***3/4 (revised from **** to ***3/4)
8/27/95 Hakushi vs. 1-2-3 Kid - ***1/2
8/27/95 Barry Horowitz vs. Skip - ***
8/27/95 Bret Hart vs. Isaac Yankem - *** (revised from **3/4 to ***)
8/27/95 Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder) - *****
1/25/11 Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase - ***1/4
1/30/11 Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler - ****1/4
1/30/11 The Miz vs. Randy Orton - ***1/2
1/30/11 Royal Rumble Match - ****1/4

ROH
1/31/11 Eddie Edwards vs. Christopher Daniels - ***3/4

Dragon Gate USA
10/30/10 Jimmy Jacobs vs. Arik Cannon - ***
10/30/10 Homicide/BxB Hulk vs. Jon Moxley/Akira Tozawa - ***1/4
10/30/10 Shingo Takagi vs. CIMA - ***1/2
10/30/10 Austin Aries/Ricochet/Genki Horiguchi vs. Chuck Taylor/Johnny Gargano/Rich Swann - ***3/4
10/30/10 YAMATO vs. Masato Yoshino - ***1/2
1/28/11 Akira Tozawa vs. Sami Callihan - ***
1/28/11 BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO - ***
1/28/11 Chuck Taylor/Johnny Gargano vs. Naruki Doi/Ricochet - ***1/4
1/28/11 Austin Aries vs. Rich Swann - ***
1/28/11 CIMA/Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino/PAC - ***
1/29/11 Austin Aries vs. Akira Tozawa - ***
1/29/11 Chuck Taylor/Johnny Gargano vs. CIMA/Dragon Kid - ***1/2
1/29/11 Masato Yoshino/PAC vs. Naruki Doi/Ricochet - ****1/4

PWG
10/9/10 Jay Briscoe/Mark Briscoe vs. Brandon Cutler/Dustin Cutler - ***1/4
10/9/10 El Generico vs. Ricochet - ****
10/9/10 Joey Ryan vs. Chris Hero vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brandon Gatson - ***3/4

Hey X, recently watched the Steve Corino Vs. Dusty Rhodes Bullrope match again, what is your take on it. I give it around ***3/4 - ****

Hey X, recently watched the Steve Corino Vs. Dusty Rhodes Bullrope match again, what is your take on it. I give it around ***3/4 - ****

Oh man I haven't seen that match in YEARS! I remember liking it though for being a really old-school styled match-up.

I got to start rating more ECW, I probably have the least ratings for them of the major American promotions of the past.

Have you seen the Shingo/Danielson match from DGUSA Enter the Dragon? I saw it while I was trying to see the best matches of 2010. Fantastic match in my opinion. I think I liked it more than Davey/Black. ****3/4 in my book.

Have you seen the Shingo/Danielson match from DGUSA Enter the Dragon? I saw it while I was trying to see the best matches of 2010. Fantastic match in my opinion. I think I liked it more than Davey/Black. ****3/4 in my book.

You know I actually have not, that match was excluded from the actual PPV broadcast because of Danielson's no-compete clause with the WWE, and I never got the DVD, which is the only place you can watch it. Damn, don't know how I let that slip my mind, I'm going to go watch that match today man!

I actually just watched that show. Great match

Sweet.

I have that show ordered an on the way! I ordered that and Mercury Rising because I've been wanting to see the 6-man for ages now.

Generous tonight aren't we?

Match was great up until that botched finish. They hit the usual fun ladder match spots and if they hadn't botched the finish and maybe added another big finishing spot it would have been a great match, as it is it's just very good. I liked it, until that finish of course.

So yeah, ratings update from alot of recent reviews mostly:

WWE
9/24/95 Dean Douglas vs. Razor Ramon - ***1/4 (revised from **3/4)
9/24/95 Bret Hart vs. Jean-Pierre Lafitte - ****
9/24/95 Diesel/Shawn Michaels vs. Yokozuna/British Bulldog - *** (revised from ***1/4)
9/25/95 Marty Jannetty vs. Skip - ***
9/25/95 Owen Hart/Yokozuna vs. Smoking Gunns - ***

TNA
2/13/11 Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett - ***1/4
2/13/11 Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy (Ladder) - ***3/4

NOAH
12/5/10 Naomichi Marufuji vs. KENTA - ****
12/5/10 Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Kotaro Suzuki - ***1/4
12/5/10 Yoshihiro Takayama/Takuma Sano vs. Chris Hero/Claudio Castagnoli - ***3/4
12/5/10 Takashi Sugiura vs. Takeshi Morishima - ****1/4
12/24/10 KENTA/Go Shiozaki/Akitoshi Saito vs. Yoshihiro Takayama/Katsuhiko Nakajima/Masao Inoue - ***1/2
12/24/10 Takashi Sugiura/Takuma Sano vs. Takeshi Morishima/Shuhei Taniguchi - ***
12/24/10 Koji Kanemoto/Tiger Mask IV vs. Naomichi Marufuji/Atsushi Aoki - ***1/2

ROH
2/7/11 Chris Hero/Claudio Castagnoli/Kenny King/Rhett Titus vs. Shelton Benjamin/Charlie Haas/Jay Briscoe/Mark Briscoe - ***

NJPW
2/16/97 Great Muta vs. Shiro Koshinaka - ***1/4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back