Blizz & Thriz's Match Ratings

I quite enjoyed Sarita/Love. Probably the only watchable womens match this month, from what I can remeber.

I REALLY liked the MVP-Chavo match on Superstars, so much so that I gave it ***. Superstars continues to be probably the best C-show in terms of in-ring wrestling quality ever created.

Smackdown 7/30

Christian vs. Drew McIntyre - **3/4
Big Show vs. Luke Gallows - *3/4
Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston - **
Michelle McCool vs. Tiffany - *1/2
Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger - **

I enjoyed the Christ/Drew match. Dolph/Kofi match was way too long and boring. I really just could not get into most of the match. It was just kinda 'meh'. Not the best Smackdown show lately, but it certainly was not a bad, wrestling wise. Just kind of average.

Blizz's Top 5 matches of the Week (7/26-8/2)

5. Husky Harris vs. Kaval - **1/2 (NXT 7/27)
4. MVP vs. Chavo - **1/2 (Superstars 7/29)
3. 7-on-7 Tag - **3/4 (Raw 7/26)
2. Christian vs. Drew McIntyre - **3/4 (SD 7/30)
1. Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money - ***3/4 (TNA 7/29)
Quite the week here. Looks like each show has its own match in my Top 5. The MCMG/Beer Money cage match was the highlight of the week, being a REALLY entertaining and fast paced match. I would say it was the best match this month. Looking forward to next week.

Reactions: gd
I really dug the cage match as well man, gave it ***3/4 myself, would have given it four stars if it had been longer than 10 minutes. Nasty blade job by Roode and the finish was great, damn good match that could have greatly benefited from another five minutes. Impact was absolute garbage aside from that though.

I'm about to watch NXT on youtube, here's what I got for SmackDown.

Christian vs. McIntyre: 2 1/2* Nice story told, didn't like the ending though
Show vs. Gallows: 1 1/4* Meh, more about the angle than the match
Ziggler vs. Kingston: 2 3/4* These two work well together. MOTN for me
McCool vs. Tiffany: 1* You know it's bad when I want a Kelly/Layla match instead
Swagga vs. Mysterio: 2* Kinda lame no-DQ match. Should've just made it Falls Count Anywhere

NXT:

Watson vs. Ryder: 1 3/4* Would have liked it to be a bit longer
McGillicutty vs. Cottonwood: 1 1/2* Really short. Eli really isn't that terrible, but isn't made for NXT
Kaval vs. Harris: 2 1/4* I love Kaval. Nice match, and a well-done ending which we usually don't get on NXT

Yeah, I've really been impressed by both Kaval and Harris. I'll take them over Riley and McGillicutty anyday.

Raw time baby:

Edge vs. Barrett 1 3/4 Good little match until the sudden ending
Diva's Match: 1* Got to 1 from Gail's nice dive and Nattie's tits
Sheamus vs. Goldust 1 1/2* Squash, but I was entertained
Cena vs. Jericho 2 3/4* Wanted to go with 3, but I hated the ending. They could've done the same thing with a better end
Khali vs. DiBiase 3/4* Shit. Almost went dud for this one
Orton vs. Miz 3 1/2* Great TV match. Great work from both and I marked out for the ending

Raw 8/2

Edge vs. Wade Barrett - **1/4
Diva 3 vs. 3 Tag - **1/4
Sheamus vs. Goldust - *3/4
Cena vs. Jericho - **3/4
Khali vs Dibiase - *1/4
Orton vs. The Miz - ***1/4

VERY entertaining matches tonight. The ME was great and Miz looked impressive. Edge/Barrett was short, but decent. If they had given them another 8-10 minutes, this match could have been a thriller. Cena/Jericho was good but the ending was terrible. Diva match wasn't bad, mainly because Nattie got a few minutes of wrestling in. She is by far the best female wrestler in the buisness today. I have no idea why they have never let her carry the title. Great Raw, wrestling wise and very entertaining.

You really liked the Diva's match that much? It was pretty meh besides Nattie's hotness and Gail's dive. No way it was better than the Goldust/Sheamus squash match

Someone else in the LD likes it as well. Nattie MADE the match though. The fact that they let her wrestle most of the match made it watchable. It really wasn't all that bad. The squash match was actually kinda entertaining though, so I agree with you on that part.

I thought Randy and Miz was a great match. Nice back-and-forth action and a well-done ending. Jericho and Cena was good, but I enjoyed Miz/Orton much more

I thought Randy and Miz was a great match. Nice back-and-forth action and a well-done ending. Jericho and Cena was good, but I enjoyed Miz/Orton much more

As did I. There were some really entertaining parts in the Jericho/Cena match but the Miz/Orton match was better.

NXT 8/3

Husky vs. Kaval - **1/4
McGillicutty vs. Cannon - *
Watson vs. Riley - **1/2
McGillicutty vs. The Miz - **1/4

The wrestling was decent tonight. No "must-see" matches but good, entertaining show nonetheless. Watson/Riley match was really impressive. Both guys looked good and it was pretty entertaining. The ME was alright, I just wish they would have given them a few more minutes.

I would give the main event of nxt because thats the only match I saw ** it was to short to go anywhere.

I would give the main event of nxt because thats the only match I saw ** it was to short to go anywhere.

It was short, but for what it was worth, it was pretty entertaining. They should have given them a few more minutes considering McGillicutty is the top rookie right now.

Mine will be the same deal as last week. I'll rate NXT when it goes up on youtube, and I won't be able to watch SmackDown live this week either, so that'll be up Saturday or Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back