Misson reviews the top 100 matches of the decade

Steve Austin Vs. Kurt Angle
WWE Summerslam (8/19/01)
[YOUTUBE]rP_6QUidFU4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]4BwYovHBtKw[/YOUTUBE]

As good ol' JR would put it, THIS WAS A SLOBBER KNOCKER. First off I'd like to say man oh man do i miss Kurt Angle's entrance. Now that that's out of the way, this match was pretty dang good! It had tons of blood via Kurt Angles forehead, a ton of punchs and was pretty nice. The only thing i didn't like was the kinda cheesy ending with the rattle snake taking out 3 refs. But, it also helped build massive heat towards Austin so really that part was a hurt and gain. but all in all its a pretty good match. I'm very tempted to go ****1/4 but i simply can't do it.

Rating- ****

Blue Panther Vs. Villano V
CMLL 75th Anniversary show (2/3 Falls Mask Vs. Mask - 9/19/08)

[YOUTUBE]9X_tgBIv3jE[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]YKUwaSpw3aU[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]YLxFFJjTOXw[/YOUTUBE]

This match to be quite honest with you isn't that great. The first two falls are pretty much one man trying to rip the other man's mask off. Which makes no sense to me at all! If your fighting in a loser loses there mask match then why dont you go for the win that way his mask gets taken away from him? Also, each decision went in rather weird ways with Panther winning the first due to Villano's manager interfering. The second being Villano winning due Panther not listening to the ref saying "DONT RIP HIS MASK OFF" in spanish and the 3rd being a roll-up pin for Villano to win it all. Pretty much most of this match is in the 3rd fall where most of the action is which also has some nice dives and spots in it as well. All in all its a fairly decent match but it has no place of this list.

Rating-***

John Cena Vs. Shawn Michaels
WWE RAW (4/23/07)
[YOUTUBE]gMpmDSByEPc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]2C-C1gINWJQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]ywYjTA0LxWU[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]mRw3ZgNlwlA[/YOUTUBE]

Man oh man do i remeber watching this great match on RAW. This was one heck of a match especially since it was on RAW. This was easily a great ppv match that they gave us free on TV that day. All in all it was a really great match that shows that John Cena can indeed wrestle.

Rating- ****1/4

Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama Vs. Kenta Kobashi & Yoshihiro Takayama
NOAH Winter Navigation (12/2/07)

[YOUTUBE]TLP8m-aCDLw[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]No8SyC9bamk[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]hTgIUuk6I0w[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]E86Wsb7Mas0[/YOUTUBE]

This was a really nice Japenese match right here. This was Kenta Kobashi's return after battleing cancer and man he did great. It was a really great match and featured a good bit of stuff. All in all it's a good way to start off my Kobashi fest i will be having for a while since the next 4 of the 5 matches on this list all feature him.

Rating- ****1/4

Kenta Kobashi Vs. Tamon Honda
NOAH Di Colosseo (4/13/03)
[YOUTUBE]4OaCXDFRKoU[/YOUTUBE]

Well I haven't had much time to review matches lately. So, since i had some time i decided to review one. This match is features Tamon Honda a former 3 time olympian. I'm not really sure what he competed in so I'm just gonna go ahead and assume it's fencing. Anyways this match features Tamon Honda who has recently worked his way up and finally gets a chance at the GHC World Title in a match against Kenta Kobashi who is your champion during this match. This match is just great, the first 10 minutes and most of this match is submission style wrestling with some occasional OMG spots. The last 3 minutes of this match are just simply great as they kick it into a 3rd gear and just try to amaze the crowd. The only thing I didn't like about it is that Kobashi wins it off a simple clothesline at the end. But, that's not near enough to affect the rating here.

Rating-****1/2

Well I can't find the Kobashi vs Misawa from All Japan Champions Carnival so I'm going to be skipping that. Also, tonight I hope to have AMW vs Team Canada up along with Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Jun Akyima & Yuji Nagata

America's Most Wanted Vs. Team Canada
TNA Final Resolution (1/16/05)

[YOUTUBE]0ofWNfnnJUU[/YOUTUBE]

Alright well this match is about a year before I started watching TNA. So, I'm going to tell you just the little bit of information that I know. This match is Robert Roode (who is called Bobby Roode here which is just weird as heck for me to say) and Eric Young vs James Storm and Chris Harris. EY and Roode are members of a stable called Team Canada. An all Canadian heel group that also includes Johnny Devine, Petey Williams and there coach (manager) Scott D'Amore. Also AMW are 6x tag champs here as well.

This match is just flat out amazing from beginning to end with a GREAT brawl to start things out. This also features some decent interferences as well with D'Amore trying to get in AMW's way but as you see if watch this AMW just won't have that. This match pretty much has everything you want with brawling, to heel tactics, to some nice in ring wrestling, to a couple of OMG spots as well. Pretty much all in all this is one heck of a tag team match and sweet dang do I wish TNA would go back to this.

Rating- ****1/4

Once again I am unable to find a match which is Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Jun Akyima & Yuji Nagata from 2/7/02. So, I am going to skip it as well. If you happent o know where I can find this match I would really appreciate it. Also, I plan to do another match in the next hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back