Xbox 360: Madden 2010: Franchise Sign-Up

Off-Season Rules! Please Read!!

Alright, so just like last year the same rules apply. Do NOT sign anyone from Free Agency from this point forward until instructed otherwise.

To the best of my knowledge, you can have 55 players on your roster. The Draft automatically adds 7. So make sure you release 7 players, to make room. If you do not - the cpu will cut random players (valuable players) for you. And you will NOT know who, until you realize you don't have them any longer.

We're going to explore a new branch in the Franchise, a new twist - if you will, as for the first time EVERYONE will be required to release a specific amount of 'star players'.

Now, for the time being I'm going to say its likely only going to be required that everyone release 1 player within the 73-76 ovr range, and 3 more between the 67-72 ovr range. So, 4 in total.

If you'd like, you can also do this regarding the required release in players to make room for the draft. OR, you can wait until you draft your 7 players and make an additional 4 cuts to positions you feel you have too much talent at, that you don't need.

EDIT: You can also release someone above the 76 ovr limit as well. I'd strongly advise that if you aren't going to use them, just cut them.

ALSO - KEEP TRACK OF ALL YOUR PLAYERS YOU CUT PRIOR TO THE DRAFT! These players will be considered "restricted Free Agents" and available to return to your team - FIRST - if you cut players prior to the draft, then don't refill their position in the draft.

Will I got a question, I only have three players in the 75-77 range, my starting right guard, my blocking TE Kleinsasser who is basically a starter, and Asher Allen who's my nickel corner that's only a 2/3 year pro.

Eh.....what do I do?

Alright Ty, I changed it slightly to where you and anyone only have to release ONE player between 73-76. I'm sure everyone has at least one guy they can cut, especially with the draft being a valuable option for replacement.

The final 3 required cuts can be anyone between 67-72.

Just to give people a head's up. I'm strongly considering the release of Jake Delhomme (78), Brad Hoover (73), Jeff King (73), and Nick Hayden (69) for my 4 required cuts. Thats 3 guys in the upper bracket I don't have to cut, but am willing to because I likely won't need them.

Unofficial list of cuts for the Vikings:
74 - Ray Edwards (DE)
74 - Madieu Williams (FS)
71 - Bobby Wade (WR)
73 - Terrence Wheatley (CB)
69 - Marcus McCauley (CB)
67 - Ryan Cook (RT)
61 - Ben Leber (LOLB)

These are tentative as I need to actually look on my 360 before I finalize my decisions.

Alright I made some cuts.

Mike Hart- 67 (RB)
Tony Ugoh- 79 (LT)
A. Johnson- 69 (DT)
D. Muir- 68 (DT)
Landon Johnson- 66 (ROLB)
A. Williams- 56 (WR)

Falcons tentative cut list:

Thomas Brown (70 rb)
Luke Newton (60 lg)
Tyson Clabo (73 rt)
Ben Hartsock (64 te)
Von Hutchins (65 cb)
Trey Lewis (70 dt)
Jason Jefferson (59 dt)

Because of the retirement of future Hall of Fame Fullback Tony Richardson, the Jets only need to cut 6 players to be able to draft. So with that said, here is the cut list for the back to back AFC Champions (sorted by overall):

1. Jay Feeley, Kicker, 78 Overall
  2. Jaques Cesaire, Right End, 73 Overall
  3. Kellen Clemens, Quarterback, 70 overall
  4. Cameron Fenyak, Right End, 68 Overall
  5. Sione Pouha, Defensive Tackle, 63 Overall
  6. Ahmad Carroll, Cornerback, 60 Overall
The New York Jets thank these players for their dedicated service to he organization, and we wish them the best in their future endeavors, as long as they don't play for the Patriots (don't take it personally MK, I just hate the Pats), Dolphins, Giants, or Steelers. If they play for any of those teams, then we hope you have terrible luck.

Chargers official cut list:

LJ Shelton LT 73
Fakhir Brown CB 67
Kynan Forney RG 69
Ian Scott DT 70
Billy Volek QB 58
Brandon Manumaleuna TE 61
Brandon Wims WR 73

Switching something up here, I'm releasing Ray Edwards instead of Sean Marbury. Also released Husain Abdullah (64) SS.

I will not be able to use my mic as I am in a room full of people right now and they don't ever leave until about 1 AM.

I will not be able to use my mic as I am in a room full of people right now and they don't ever leave until about 1 AM.

Thats okay, just send me messages on xbox when you're ready to make your selection.

I pause every human turn until they tell me they're ready. But at least get online (on xbox).

Alright, the majority of us are online. I'm waiting for LuvSong to set his Draft board since he won't be able to make it.

MK & Brian are currently the only two not online, and Marquis has yet to rejoin - so he won't likely be returning it seems. The Draft begins in a couple minutes, so get on NOW!

When does the new season start?

First and foremost EVERYONE: DO NOT SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS (with exception of any players you cut for room for the draft. However, remember the new rule of cutting 1 (73-76 ovr), and 3 (67-72 ovr) players.

1.) I have compiled a list of Free Agents, they will be released tonight at some time.

2.) At that point, I'll go back through and determine which cpu teams need better players to make our games more realistic and not one sided for human controlled teams.

3.) I'll then do a drawing of names (out of a Panthers hat, naturally) and we'll go through 3-5 rounds of Free Agency signings. (each person will have 24 hours to pick. If they don't pick anyone in a 24 hour period, they get skipped)

4.) You can play your Week One games at ANY TIME! However, we won't advance the season until all games are finished - and may not advance until at least 1-2 rounds of Free Agency have passed.

BRIAN, LUVSONG, MOON KNIGHT!! - I still need your list of cuts. (the 4 required cuts) Brian, I know you cut your guys but I need the list of who they were. LuvSong & Moon Knight - if neither of you release your required players, I will cut them for you. I would assume you'd rather decide yourselves. :lmao:

The updated list of Free Agents to hit the market upon Free Agency opening is being updated in the front of this thread, in the first post.

I cut three guys, but I'm thin in alot of places so don't see why I need to cut players

First - I didn't see you cut anyone. So unless you can give me names, so I can review them and check their overall's.. they won't count.

Second - the reason you are being required to make these cuts is this..

Off-Season Rules! Please Read!!

We're going to explore a new branch in the Franchise, a new twist - if you will, as for the first time EVERYONE will be required to release a specific amount of 'star players'.

Now, for the time being I'm going to say its likely only going to be required that everyone release 1 player within the 73-76 ovr range, and 3 more between the 67-72 ovr range. So, 4 in total.

EDIT: You can also release someone above the 76 ovr limit as well. I'd strongly advise that if you aren't going to use them, just cut them.

Just because your team is light and weak in a lot of areas does not make you exempt. Everyone in the league is being 'forced' to do this. If you feel you couldn't win by cutting 4 players within the rules of the cuts, you can move to another team - where you'll still have to make cuts.

The Dolphins have been seen as being powerful, I've heard.

Sorry LS, no one is exempt. Everyone has to make cuts. And it has to fall into the rules of the cuts. You can earn new players with better ovr's through FA once it begins. This is a way for us to continue challenging ourselves.

Free Agency Order:

1. Chargers
2. Panthers
3. Cowboys
4. Patriots
5. Falcons
6. Vikings
7. Colts
8. Redskins
9. Jets
10. Jaguars

I did not draw names out of a hat this year. I went to Annabet.com/Randomizer, where I entered in all of our teams in no specific order and it reordered them in the above list.

Free Agency Rules:

1.) You have 24 hours to make your (one) selection. If you do not make your selection within that time, the next person can pick. (If you do not select anyone, you can still make a selection.)

2.) Every FA you pick up, MUST be of value to your team. You can NOT use them for trade bait for this year. They must either stay on your team for the full season, or you must release them. NO FA you pick up from now, forward, will be available to use as trade bait.

3.) We will have 5 rounds. After 5 rounds, FA becomes open and available to EVERYONE. The only rule from this point forward will be - ONLY PICK UP FA's you will use. If I see you loading your team with players who won't be used, I'll cut them myself.

You can pick up back-ups, sparingly. Do not sign 3 (or more) after Round 5, simply to store them.

LuvSong: You have until tomorrow at this time to release the required players. If you do not - I will cut them myself. You're the only person yet to cut players.

Free Agency Order:

1. Chargers
2. Panthers
3. Cowboys
4. Patriots
5. Falcons
6. Vikings
7. Colts
8. Redskins
9. Jets
10. Jaguars

Now on the clock - Scotty's Chargers. You have until Sunday (tomorrow) by 4:45p.m. (central time) to make your selection.

The Chargers have signed Free Agent Strong Safety Louis Delmas.

My starting SS was about 75 whereas Delmas is an 84 I believe so he shall be my starter.

Free Agency Order:

1. Chargers
2. Panthers
3. Cowboys
4. Patriots
5. Falcons
6. Vikings
7. Colts
8. Redskins
9. Jets
10. Jaguars

Now on the clock, Simpsons_fanatic's Cowboys. You have until Sunday (tomorrow), by 10p.m. (central time) to make your selection.

Also, after much confliction - the Carolina Panthers select aging vet - DT Fred Robbins. We also dedicate our season to breaking any Charger's knees for their much better FA pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back