• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xbox 360: Madden 2011: Online Franchise Sign-Up

Anyone else ready to just up and start this thing? Or are we all still comfortable with waiting until the final week of Preseason, in the assumption that another Roster Update will come out. (which I fully expect to happen, mind you)

end of preseason, because I'm busy with Final Fantasy XIII, which I checked out from my library and have to give it back by tomorrow or next week (If I can renew it).

End of Preseason it is. Hopefully it doesn't do what last year's copy did, and only give us an update that added Vick & Favre.

If it doesn't upgrade my Defense, even in the slightest bit that it deserves after their first two Preseason games - I'm gonna be majorly disappointed. I'm also convinced Thomas Davis, Sidney Rice, and any other injured players won't "be injured" come our season's beginning - which is kinda disappointing. It would've added an extra challenge.

End of Preseason it is. Hopefully it doesn't do what last year's copy did, and only give us an update that added Vick & Favre.
That wasn't true. They did a full update fro that one. David Harris went from a 74 (don't know why he was rated that low) to a 79. By the last update he was a 91 (what he is in 11).
If it doesn't upgrade my Defense, even in the slightest bit that it deserves after their first two Preseason games - I'm gonna be majorly disappointed. I'm also convinced Thomas Davis, Sidney Rice, and any other injured players won't "be injured" come our season's beginning - which is kinda disappointing. It would've added an extra challenge.
1. Ty will be happy that he'll have Sidney Rice.
2. they likely will make improvements to your D. They will take all the points that will go to your D from your punt returners.
3. They damn well better update John Conner. How in the blue hell is the Terminator a 67 overall C potential? He was considered the best fullback coming out of the draft, everybody and their grandmother loved him, and he's been beast all training camp.

2. they likely will make improvements to your D. They will take all the points that will go to your D from your punt returners.

:suspic: I'd say I'll just call for a fair catch everytime, but the only way that'll help is if I'm doing it as I'm running as far away from the kick as possible.

If I had to call upgrades and downgrades, it'd go as follows.

Dwayne Jarrett: (from) 63 (to) 69: He's caught every pass thrown his way. In traffic, with coverage, etc - throw to him, and he catches it.

Brandon LaFell: (from) 71 (to) 70: He's been as much of a disappointment thus far this pre-season, as the entire WR core (behind Smith) has been since 2007.

Everette Brown: (from) 75 (to) 79/80 - he's recording multiple hurries on the QB, and a pair of sacks. (2 more than Pep this pre-season, I might add.)

Tyler Brayton: (from) 74 (to) 77 - he's done the exact same thing as Brown. His upgrade isn't as high, simply due to age.

Greg Hardy: (from) 65 (to) 70/71 - are you kidding me, first off; with the 65 ovr. He also needs a speed upgrade, because in the game he's slow - but based off wk 1's preseason game he was explosive off the snap.

There are a few others, but the DL is my biggest concern since through two games they've showed amazing progress and skill to hold together.

:suspic: I'd say I'll just call for a fair catch everytime, but the only way that'll help is if I'm doing it as I'm running as far away from the kick as possible.
Sorry about mentioning that, but I had to. That was the worst display of punt returning I've ever seen. It was the only reason the Jets won that game (all 9 points we got off of the punt fumbles)

If I had to call upgrades and downgrades, it'd go as follows.
Oh crap, now you're making me think about this. Here's my list:
LaDainian Tomlinson (HB): 82 -->84 or 85. He's CLEARLY shown during the preseason to have a decent amount of gas left in the tank.

Joe McKnight (HB): 67 -->65. He sucks, and unless he can start playing well, I'd like to see him cut before the season, which is sad for a 5th round pick, but he just isn't trying.

John Connor (FB): 67-->72, potential C->B. If you watch Hard Knocks, you will see how much the team loves this guy. If you don't, just realize that he is a rookie fullback who loves to knock people the fuck down, and does it damn good. I wouldn't be surprised if he beats out Tony Richardson for the starting gig.

Darelle Revis (CB): 99-->107, Potential A++++++++++++. No explanation needed. Revis is the best corner to come around in the past 15 years.

LaDainian Tomlinson (HB): 82 -->84 or 85. He's CLEARLY shown during the preseason to have a decent amount of gas left in the tank.

I hope, but is he even playin' 1's?

Darelle Revis (CB): 99-->107, Potential A++++++++++++. No explanation needed. Revis is the best corner to come around in the past 15 years.

Minus the fact he hasn't been to TC at all and Cromartie is going to blow up beside him, he's going to be seen as a down year and not worth whatever he's paid.

For the Redskins? I think almost everyone outside of Lorenzo Alexander, Andre Carter, and my interior line could use some kind of upgrade. Kareem Moore needs to be moved to FS and put at LEAST a 75. Torian and Williams need to be in with Johnson, sadly, getting dropped a few points. My LOLB spot is the scariest spot on my team.

I hope, but is he even playin' 1's?
Yes. Him and Greene have been splitting time with the 1s, just like they will come regular season. Tomlinson is expected to get 15 touches or so each game.

Minus the fact he hasn't been to TC at all and Cromartie is going to blow up beside him, he's going to be seen as a down year and not worth whatever he's paid.
Yeah, he's not doing that. He'll be there by week 3, he'll be the best corner in the league again, and all will be good. He doesn't need to waste all this time in training camp anyway. Give him a week after signing, he'll be as good, or better then he was last year.

Sorry about mentioning that, but I had to. That was the worst display of punt returning I've ever seen. It was the only reason the Jets won that game (all 9 points we got off of the punt fumbles)

You know the thing that gets to me the most about that game?

Sanchez went 5/10 for 12 yds, and should've threw 2 INTs. It's not so much that in general that upsets me - so much more that the fact that Gamble and Beason were the two Panthers who dropped those INTs when both were clearly in their hands.

Had we of gotten either of those (I think they happened on the same drive, for what it's worth) then we could've either tied (assuming both counted, and went toward FGs) or won the game (assuming one counted, and the close field position lead to a TD.)

Overall, I'm becoming less and less optimistic of my Team's offense. I keep telling myself there's never been a Pre-Season where Matt Moore has shined; but now that he's likely to be our Starter and has Clausen trying to move in on the same spot - you'd think a fire to work harder would've been lit under his ass.

I am, however, very proud of our Defense. It was more or less thrown to the garbage by everyone since Peppers (1 guy) left, and thus far - our DL/team has produced 11 sacks in 2 games. (Peppers hasn't even recorded ONE sack)

The newest roster update is now available for download. We are officially underway with starting the Franchise now. (finally)

Everyone still interested - get signed up with your Madden online stuff.

Big P, Ty, Brian, and MK (even though you mentioned not having it yet) - you're the ONLY THREE I was able to send invites to; because you're the only three to have set-up an online Madden account. Everyone else needs to get on doing this A.S.A.P.

Franchise Name: WZ Franchise
Password: wz

DO NOT PLAY ANY GAMES OR SIGN ANYONE!!!

I'd like to start by as early as tonight (pipe dream), but as late as Saturday/Sunday. Definitely this weekend.

Anyone is free to sign up. Please respect those who've already pre-selected teams. (If you don't, I'll simply delete you and you'll either rejoin as another team, or cry about it to someone else who won't give a shit. :)) Let's get this thing going. I am READY to play some damn football!

I will look at it tonight.

WARNING: My internet is being quite the asshole, and while I may try to play my week 1 game when I join, I may get disconnected due to shit internet until Monday morning (when Comcast comes to fix it).

By the way, I hate the roster update with a fucking passion.

while I may try to play my week 1 game when I join, I may get disconnected due to shit internet until Monday morning (when Comcast comes to fix it).

I said NOT to play any games. Mainly since some of you, (you included) could have human opponents. Someone joined as the Ravens.. which would be the Jets week 1 opponents.

So far, if things workout correctly.. we're going to see..

Ty v. Marquis (Vikings v. Saints)
Big P v. Joe's Gonna Kill U (Jets v. Ravens)
Brian v. Simpsons_fanatic (Cowboys v. Redskins)

all in week one.

By the way, I hate the roster update with a fucking passion.

I completely called LaFell's 1 pt drop, and Jarrett's big (yet still bad) jump to 68/69.

I'm a little disheartened they didn't add more for the DE's, albeit Evertte Brown did jump to an 80.

I'll get to the invite likely tomorrow at some time. I was chillin with the wife and daughter all night watching movies tonight.

I'll play my game late late late Sunday night as I got work tomorrow then I won't be home till after the Skins/Boy's game Sunday night.

I'm unsure if Simspsons_fanatic has the game yet, and by the looks of it.. 2 of our 3 new comers aren't going to join us since they can't respond to PMs or xbox messages.

Joe's Gonna Kill U (Ravens) are all signed up though, and I already added him as well. Thank you for getting to doing that. So, as of right now - we have 5 people on-board (6 once Ty signs up).

If ANYONE has any friends who want to join - let them! I'm letting an outsider join, so we can have more human players. So, if anyone has friends that want to join - let them.

So Will, when can we get FA's?

I'm trying to figure out a way to allow it, where it's not screwing over those who sign up late.

I'm thinking 2 signings per week, and they have to be guys you're going to start at a position.

Sound fair? I'm okay for hearing alternative ideas.

Also, if you're looking to sign players who aren't the best (or top 5) of their position then you can sign as many as you want, since it's highly unlikely everyone will be fighting to get those guys.

I'm trying to figure out a way to allow it, where it's not screwing over those who sign up late.

I'm thinking 2 signings per week, and they have to be guys you're going to start at a position.

Sound fair? I'm okay for hearing alternative ideas.

Also, if you're looking to sign players who aren't the best (or top 5) of their position then you can sign as many as you want, since it's highly unlikely everyone will be fighting to get those guys.
That works. When can we start?

I have Question do we simulate the games against the Cpu when we start or do we actually play them

We play ALL of our games. Once the season starts I'll set a deadline to have your games played by. If you can't play it by that deadline, let me know - otherwise once the deadline passes - it'll get simmed.

But overall, play all of your games.

hey Joe is going to kill you, when do you want to play the game? I won't be home tomorrow, but can play it tonight, after Notre Dame hopefully wipes the floor with Michigan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back