Xbox 360: Madden 2011: Online Franchise Sign-Up

Before we start this league, can we attempt to flush out (or at least attempt to set up) my designed draft system? This way people like Ty can actually get the highest rated QB (if he wants/needs him) instead of picking scraps at the end of the first?

If someone hasn't taken the patriots I would like in

Send me an invite: gametag: welchaholic

I already have the game, but won't be playing in the franchise due to time constraints, but the online franchise free agency is a complete mess. Most guys are in FA and are on teams in real life. So Will I recommend you put the FA's on their respective teams before you start playing.

Thus why we're waiting till after the first roster update so everything is in order.

IT'S MADDEN TIME MUTHAFUCKAAAAAAAAZ!

I got it. It's awesome. At least the video intro is. Why, do you ask? Well at the end they show about 5 different players, and one of them is MARK FUCKING SANCHEZ! SANCHIZE 4 LYFE!

I got it. It's awesome. At least the video intro is. Why, do you ask? Well at the end they show about 5 different players, and one of them is MARK FUCKING SANCHEZ! SANCHIZE 4 LYFE!

ST, don't take this the wrong way or anything, but at this moment and until I have it in my possession tomorrow, I loathe you with all my being.

ST, don't take this the wrong way or anything, but at this moment and until I have it in my possession tomorrow, I loathe you with all my being.
Believe you me, if the roles were reversed, I'd be feeling the same way. And in case you didn't hear it the first time, MARK SANCHEZ IS IN THE OPENING VIDEO! WHILE THEY TALK ABOUT WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN! SANCHIZE 4 LYFE!

Oh, and Ty, to answer your earlier question, there IS a Salary Cap.

And the Online Franchise looks to be a carbon copy of 10. I made/deleted a test franchise, and everything looked the same. Slight downer, but not a dealbreaker for me. And maybe they did put in computer roster moves.

in a case of irony, I just traded Braylon Edwards. Back to the Browns. I got Josh Cribbs, a 1st and a 3rd. For Edwards in a contract year. Now I have Cribbs for my Slot receiver/return guy, and an extra 1st and 3rd. And this was on All-Pro difficulty.

Believe you me, if the roles were reversed, I'd be feeling the same way. And in case you didn't hear it the first time, MARK SANCHEZ IS IN THE OPENING VIDEO! WHILE THEY TALK ABOUT WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN! SANCHIZE 4 LYFE!

Was AD in the opening video? Any Viking player at all? Actually screw it I'll wait till tomorrow.

Oh, and Ty, to answer your earlier question, there IS a Salary Cap.

Thank God.

And the Online Franchise looks to be a carbon copy of 10. I made/deleted a test franchise, and everything looked the same. Slight downer, but not a dealbreaker for me. And maybe they did put in computer roster moves.

I was afraid of that. I don't think we'll get a franchise/online franchise overall until next year.

in a case of irony, I just traded Braylon Edwards. Back to the Browns. I got Josh Cribbs, a 1st and a 3rd. For Edwards in a contract year. Now I have Cribbs for my Slot receiver/return guy, and an extra 1st and 3rd. And this was on All-Pro difficulty.

Very nice trade there. Cribbs has good ability and at a slot he should work well. Though I don't think I'll mention that trade to my friend who's a huge Cleveland Browns fan. He absolutely can't stand Braylon anymore.

Was AD in the opening video? Any Viking player at all? Actually screw it I'll wait till tomorrow.
I don't recall. Once I saw Sanchez I Mark(ed) the Fuck Out.

I was afraid of that. I don't think we'll get a franchise/online franchise overall until next year.
It's not think, they already said they are completely overhauling Franchise/Superstar for Madden 12. It takes a shitload of time to do it, which is why they didn't for this year.

Very nice trade there. Cribbs has good ability and at a slot he should work well. Though I don't think I'll mention that trade to my friend who's a huge Cleveland Browns fan. He absolutely can't stand Braylon anymore.
He's a 78 overall B potential, not to mention the best kick returner in the game. I laugh because the Jets got him for a 3 and a bunch of crap, and I got back in return a 1, 3, and pro bowler.

And I think they'll be an update in a few days for rosters but do you mean after the first season game? Or that one as they'll have to take off a lot of players for this injury ridden off-season and the amount of cuts we've had.

I believe the Start of our season will likely be the last week of the Pre-Season, or right as/before the Regular Season begins.

They normally release a Updated Roster the final week of Pre-Season, once all the cuts are made - which finalize most rosters and add/cut those that need it.

Before we start this league, can we attempt to flush out (or at least attempt to set up) my designed draft system? This way people like Ty can actually get the highest rated QB (if he wants/needs him) instead of picking scraps at the end of the first?

Type up everything, make sure to explain it as if you're dealing with the dumbest bunch of guys possible (in other words, explain everything in detail, clearly) and post it IN HERE.

If the majority of the people like it, we'll try it. If not, then majority rules. Truth is, whatever you post may be tweaked by me anyways - so be aware.

(Such as no 1st for a later 1st. Most teams trade up for a 1st, in exchange for their following year's 1st, or a 1st, 2nd & 4/5th. Prices are, and should be, high.)

If someone hasn't taken the patriots I would like in

Send me an invite: gametag: welchaholic

My gamertag is TheOneBigWill.

You have 0 posts, and looks like you may have JUST joined. I'm gonna need to know if I add you - that you're going to be WITH US, and not just join then slowly fade out.

The Pats are yours, for now.

I already have the game, but won't be playing in the franchise due to time constraints, but the online franchise free agency is a complete mess. Most guys are in FA and are on teams in real life. So Will I recommend you put the FA's on their respective teams before you start playing.

Thank you, however....

Thus why we're waiting till after the first roster update so everything is in order.

All of this.

I bought it (along with the Best of Season 1-2 of Raw) tonight as well. I haven't played it yet, as I'm watching Raw. However, I can promise you 1 thing.

Regardless of how great the opening video is.. (even with Panther players included) my goodness the Bella's have fucking ***** shaped balloons.. uhm, anyways.. it'll be watched ONCE and skipped each time there-after.

ST/Big P; one more thing. I just seen a report on ESPNnews that Revis is likely not going to be playing for/with the New York Jets this Season.

So, in the interest of fairness and realism - I think it best if you just parted ways with him now, and prepared to cut him for the start of our Franchise. ;)

Also; just watched the opening video of Madden 11. I'm a fan of how they spotlighted the Superbowl Champions (after disincluding them in the f'n demo of all things), however how do you get off giving spotlight time to the Lions (opening freeze-frame) over any other team? And no Panthers = even more reason for me to never watch that piece of footage again.

I'm sure my Manager, the Saints fan, would hold onto every moment of this game though.

One final thing, and I'll likely do a review of my overall feelings tomorrow when I have more than 10 minutes to play it.

What the fuck is the Old Spice SWAGGER Stat? How does it effect players? And one of my non-Steve Smith WR's (forget who) has more Old Spice Swagger, than Steve does. WTF!

ST/Big P; one more thing. I just seen a report on ESPNnews that Revis is likely not going to be playing for/with the New York Jets this Season.

So, in the interest of fairness and realism - I think it best if you just parted ways with him now, and prepared to cut him for the start of our Franchise. ;)
1. You know there is no way in hell I'm cutting Revis. Not gonna happen. Ever.
2. I read the article on ESPN.com. There is a 0% chance I believe any of that shit until I see Revis miss REGULAR SEASON GAMES.

Also; just watched the opening video of Madden 11. I'm a fan of how they spotlighted the Superbowl Champions (after disincluding them in the f'n demo of all things), however how do you get off giving spotlight time to the Lions (opening freeze-frame) over any other team? And no Panthers = even more reason for me to never watch that piece of footage again.

I'm sure my Manager, the Saints fan, would hold onto every moment of this game though.

1. You should realize the Super Bowl Champs are not always the demo. Lat year was the Cowboys/Giants. The demo was decided by fans, and the fans chose Jets/Colts.
2. That freeze-frame is a shot of the Lions and Rams. The load screen goes from showing the 2 shittiest teams to the best team. Hence the LIons/Rams.

Hey fuck you guys. Lions > your favorite team.

ok maybe not, but they're gonna be respectable this year.

Has Superstar been changed for Madden 11 because it was terrible in Madden 10.
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Franchise and Superstar modes are being completely overhauled for Madden 12. They have been working on it for a year now, but it takes time to completely overhaul something, so we will see it in 12.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Franchise and Superstar modes are being completely overhauled for Madden 12. They have been working on it for a year now, but it takes time to completely overhaul something, so we will see it in 12.
I knew about that for a few weeks, told will about it. I just wanted to know if I could change teams mid franchise in the off line. Last year you couldn't, the team you picked was the one you were stuck with. Just got the game via gamefly, this hasn't changed. Kinda annoying really, In past Maddens I would take a bad team, build it to a champion and then take another bad and rebuild it without starting a new franchise. Want to be able to do that again, without having to choose every team and turn controls to CPU until I wanted to run the team.

1. You know there is no way in hell I'm cutting Revis. Not gonna happen. Ever.
2. I read the article on ESPN.com. There is a 0% chance I believe any of that shit until I see Revis miss REGULAR SEASON GAMES.

I have yet to try out the Online Franchise, just to see what we're about to embark on. Especially since everyone says it's a carbon copy of 10. If that's the case, then that means NO salary cap. Which blows. Also, at which case means you'll likely never have to lose ANY of your high profile guys since there is no cap to stop you from keeping them.

And unless Revis Island gets the money it's requested; it looks like it will indeed be shut down for this season.

On that note, I understand why Players ask for more money - but in the end, for each practice they miss, each game they miss - it COSTS them money. I can't imagine Revis could/would do that, since it'd paint a very horrible picture of him being nothing but "money hungry". (similar to Chris Johnson right now - only with the holdout on Revis' part.)

1. You should realize the Super Bowl Champs are not always the demo. Lat year was the Cowboys/Giants. The demo was decided by fans, and the fans chose Jets/Colts.
2. That freeze-frame is a shot of the Lions and Rams. The load screen goes from showing the 2 shittiest teams to the best team. Hence the LIons/Rams.

(1.) I have only ever played one Madden demo before. Steelers/Cardinals. (both SB teams)

(2.) Last year's Loading Screen was the Steelers & Cardinals as well. I didn't recall seeing any Lions anywhere on the screen. So, this is something new apparently.

Hey fuck you guys. Lions > your favorite team.

ok maybe not, but they're gonna be respectable this year.

I'm a Carolina Panther fan. If my team can not right it's Defense, then you may very well be right.

are there any spots left to join??

You're the second person to ask about joining, that has NO posts (that count), and looks to have just joined the forum. I'm okay with you joining, as long as you know you MUST be capable of being apart of this league.

You need to do what's asked on the opening post of the front page. (Gamertag/Team you wish to use)

I knew about that for a few weeks, told will about it. I just wanted to know if I could change teams mid franchise in the off line. Last year you couldn't, the team you picked was the one you were stuck with. Just got the game via gamefly, this hasn't changed. Kinda annoying really, In past Maddens I would take a bad team, build it to a champion and then take another bad and rebuild it without starting a new franchise. Want to be able to do that again, without having to choose every team and turn controls to CPU until I wanted to run the team.

So, you got it through Gamefly. Great. Does this mean you'll be joining our group/franchise this year, afterall?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Since we've had 2 random new guys, with no posts, ask about joining - I won't deny (almost) anyone, however I am going to add this on.

Since I'm very untrusting, and believe the Fins-fan is a Baller alt. (or Baller friend), I'm adding that ALL NEW PEOPLE must have a mic, so we can clearly tell you aren't that whiny little brat.

Also, if ANY new comers miss one game you're instantly kicked out of the Franchise. I also have very little faith in believing randoms will keep their word on playing and keeping up with the Franchise.

I'm calling this the "Play Ball(er)" rule. :)

So, you got it through Gamefly. Great. Does this mean you'll be joining our group/franchise this year, afterall?
I just rented it, so sadly no. I want to join you guys as me and Stormtrooper have some um...."unfinished" business. ;) I will get my vengence trooper.....:icon_twisted:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Since we've had 2 random new guys, with no posts, ask about joining - I won't deny (almost) anyone, however I am going to add this on.

Since I'm very untrusting, and believe the Fins-fan is a Baller alt. (or Baller friend), I'm adding that ALL NEW PEOPLE must have a mic, so we can clearly tell you aren't that whiny little brat.

Also, if ANY new comers miss one game you're instantly kicked out of the Franchise. I also have very little faith in believing randoms will keep their word on playing and keeping up with the Franchise.

I'm calling this the "Play Ball(er)" rule. :)
This is the reason you are the man.
I just rented it, so sadly no. I want to join you guys as me and Stormtrooper have some um...."unfinished" business. ;) I will get my vengence trooper.....:icon_twisted:
Yes, we have unfinished business, I was like 7-1 against you (including 2 playoff victories). Losing once was unacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back