X-Box 360 Live: NCAA Football 2010 Owners

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
Does anyone own/play this game? If so, would anyone be interested in playing a Dynasty mode online?

Our Madden league is slowly dying out. (at one time 12 members, now 6) And with Ty being out of action, we're once again on a break.

Oddly enough, many Madden players - do not have NCAA. That, to me, is weird. How do you play Franchise mode without authentic drafts? I mean, seriously, you use fake names n' shit? :gasp:

Does anyone own/play this game? If so, would anyone be interested in playing a Dynasty mode online?

Our Madden league is slowly dying out. (at one time 12 members, now 6) And with Ty being out of action, we're once again on a break.

Oddly enough, many Madden players - do not have NCAA. That, to me, is weird. How do you play Franchise mode without authentic drafts? I mean, seriously, you use fake names n' shit? :gasp:

1. I do not have NCAA because I am not spending another 60 dollars for a second American Football game, especially when I didn't hear that good things about it.
2. Yes, I use fake names with my draft classes, because I have no alternative. I could rent it and sim through a dynasty, but that cost money, which I don't have.
3. If NCAA 10 went to like 10 bucks, MAYBE I would pick it up, but with 11 coming out soon, probably not, since everyone will be playing 11 by that time.

1. I do not have NCAA because I am not spending another 60 dollars for a second American Football game, especially when I didn't hear that good things about it.

NCAA isn't like Madden in selective areas, but its better and worse through perspective. That likely sounds stupid, and I have no other way of explaining it.

Dynasty mode was (I stress the past-tense of that) better than the Madden Franchise mode. Then 10 came out, and was awesome. I have not played Dynasty mode online for NCAA 10, so I don't know if they upgraded anything.

But I can say, if you get enough people you can only play one *whatever they're called* (Big 10, SEC, etc, etc) So I think 12 people is the maximum you can have to begin with.

Imagine if we had all our original Madden members playing NCAA, we'd have no cpu controlled games. (well, except for against the cpu generated Division II schools that don't even have original names.)

And the more important, fun, aspect of Dynasty mode - is trying to win Prospects over other schools.

2. Yes, I use fake names with my draft classes, because I have no alternative. I could rent it and sim through a dynasty, but that cost money, which I don't have.

I started a Franchise going in with fake names. I tried, because I was too lazy to get up and get the NCAA 10 disc, then sim through a season and save a draft class.

Once I got the first list of fake names, I forced myself to get off my ass and get those draft classes.

3. If NCAA 10 went to like 10 bucks, MAYBE I would pick it up, but with 11 coming out soon, probably not, since everyone will be playing 11 by that time.

This is true. I'll be one of them, because its like the calm before the storm. (NCAA comes out 1 month before Madden) It gives you enough time to get the authentic rosters that people spend time making.. playing through a couple dynasty modes and saving draft classes.. then by the time Madden comes out.. you're all set.

I normally buy the NCAA and play that till Madden comes out, you can trade NCAA in for 40 bucks credit towards the next Madden so you basically get 2 games for 80 Bucks.

I then proceed to save the draft classes (I have the next 4 saved) and go from their. I really wish they'd change the draft system, and make it so the actual teir 1 prospects will be teir 1 in Madden. Suh was like the worst DT ever coming out of the draft 1 year, and the next McCoy was tearing shit up. There's also never any good QB's.

Anyway, NCAA 10 sucked ASS this year. I sold it as fast as I could.

You know depending on how they finish in their final year on NCAA.. you can manipulate the Draft Class of how good they are, on Madden, right?

I'll restart a season over and over until the names I want at the top, are there.

For example.. Bradford and Tebow were 2 of the worst QBs to transfer over.. but I restarted and suddenly Bradford was the top, and Tebow was 2nd, right below him. Its all in how it randomizes shit. You just have to take a lot of patients and time.

I needed a QB though. In my franchise I obviously built up my line like crazy, I've got Rak, McCoy, C. Alexander (basically the Suh of his draft class) and then I think Kiwanuka on my line and all my other positions are set and badass. (H. Coleman's my FS, Laron's my SS. D.Hall and Eric Wright are my CB's). On my Line Thomas is a 90, and Kelly's a high 80. Evan Royster is a badass back, and I'd have to restart the whole thing to get the QB I needed/wanted.

I instead traded Albert Haynesworth and 2 firsts for Matt Ryan. Greatest. Move. Ever.

In the Franchise of Madden, where I'm controlling EVERY TEAM, Matt Ryan is a pretty good QB. Not great, his deep passes are shit. Over throws to the max. But his medium and short are on target to the point they'll never get picked unless you intentionally throw TO the defender.

That explains it. He rarely hits the perfect deep ball, even when I've set it up all game. Rogers can hit a perfect deep ball, but will get picked off medium to short all day long.

This year was terrible. It'd have been so much better if they'd somehow made it so when you hit the QB, the ball doesn't fly a million miles into the air to be picked off. It was also ridiculously easy to run the ball, course...its easy to run in the NCAA.

I dunno, it just felt like a beta game last year. I hope they fix it because the Road to Gloroy mode is one of my favorite modes in video games.

I know I know, your a crybaby becuase of one little thing, we have heard it before.

Is the Qb thing outrageous? Well yes, clearly.

Solution? Get the ball out faster.

I know I know, your a crybaby becuase of one little thing, we have heard it before.

Is the Qb thing outrageous? Well yes, clearly.

Solution? Get the ball out faster.

How am I a cry baby over one little thing? The game felt like a damn beta version of Madden. It was terrible, but I'm a cry baby for thinking that, right? :shrug:

How did it feel like a beta version of Madden? Please. Dont just throw terms at the wall, explain yourself.

Is it far more loosey goosey than Madden? yea. That is how its supposed to be. Duh.

How did it feel like a beta version of Madden? Please. Dont just throw terms at the wall, explain yourself.

Is it far more loosey goosey than Madden? yea. That is how its supposed to be. Duh.

I wouldn't even say that. I understand its not supposed to be like Madden, but the actual gameplay didn't seem polished at all. I thought the features far surpassed Madden, though, but the gameplay was lacking. Little bugs (like the QB thing) and even the tackling system and what not. I'd figure it'd be more like Madden with the new features, but still it's own game.

So in actual Gameplay it felt like a Beta, but the features (Road to Glory, the "Franchise" mode I LOVED. Madden needs to take notes on most of those features) were amazing.

Whats wrong with the tackling system? If anything, I am a far more sure tackler on NCAA than I am on Madden, becuase the angles and speed on madden are so extreme. I find it FAR easier to track down the ball carrier and whack the fuck out of them on NCAA

It felt too loosey goosey for me when I'd be on offense. I like the fluidness in Madden's tackling system. Course, AP trucking an entire team is BS so you gotta give and take.

Brian, I don't quite understand how NCAA can be a beta version of Madden, when the NCAA game begins in creation - before Madden's next year game is even considered. I'm sure thats saying a bit much, but still.

NorCal's right regarding the QB thing. I've not even ONCE been hit to the point of a ball flying high into the air. Oddly enough, that has happened to me in Madden a couple times. (Its how DE's grab INTs on me)

The running game is better in the COLLEGE game, because unlike the Madden (aka Pro's) not everyone is rated as a Superstar player. Some teams have studs, and duds. Maybe the running game is so great because you're using a great RB against a lack-luster Defense. Ever think of that?

As for the tackling system. NCAA has more animation tackles than Madden, and the hits/tackles look more realistic. (except the WR hits, when they flip/cartwheel, and still manage to hold onto the ball.)

I enjoy Dynasty mode in NCAA because the best part about it - is trying to pick-up the prospects. Madden needs something like this, only regarding Draft hopefuls. Obviously not to the point where you're talking to them.. but studying them, and grading them, and such.

Madden needs a better system than "play Week's 1-17, then the Playoffs, then the Superbowl, then go through retirements, resignings, draft, draft signings and back to the preseason."

Where's the fucking Draft Combine?! Madden needs one. For those who wouldn't play it - a feature should allow you to turn it off. But I'd play it. It'd add more realism to the game.

thats the thing man, Madden just feels so utterly bare bones every year on everything OUTSIDE of the actual football games. The Franchise mode has been utterly fucking pathetic for years now. At least have the guys combine NUMBERS posted when you draft them? Back loaded, front loaded, or incentive laden contracts? Fuck I just want the stuff we got in the PS2 days....

thats the thing man, Madden just feels so utterly bare bones every year on everything OUTSIDE of the actual football games. The Franchise mode has been utterly fucking pathetic for years now. At least have the guys combine NUMBERS posted when you draft them? Back loaded, front loaded, or incentive laden contracts? Fuck I just want the stuff we got in the PS2 days....

I miss the Mini-Camp games for the PS2/Xbox versions. A couple years ago, the 360 tried doing alternative mini-camp games but nothing EVER upgraded any stat. Ever.

They need to bring back the mini-camp games. I miss the Coffin kick, and CB mini-games.

I still say NCAA > Madden by way of off-season/in-season interactions. Its more than just a football game on Saturday. Its complete control of a school's team.

Thats one of the things I loved about the shitfest that was NFL Head Coach. Man, was that game ever ******edly stupid. (yeah) But dammit, if controlling everything but the actual Sunday game wasn't the greatest thing ever.

Designing new plays. Talking to players. Handling personal issues. Dealing with contracts and team-assigned goals. Madden should really connect that game's Management aspect, with its on game aspect. Then, it'd be the complete package. (not really, I'm sure they'd find something to fuck up)

Yea, i could never quite wrap my head around why exactly they wouldnt just put all that shit into Madden. Its not like it takes up a whole ton of memory or development space. Just a bit of AI and some fucking menus and screens

I also miss back in the day on NCAA were you used to punish players for commiting infracts, and could create a budget of resources towards recruiting, training facilities, or discipline (although discipline is kind of stupid, how do you run out of discipline points lol)

Yea, i could never quite wrap my head around why exactly they wouldnt just put all that shit into Madden. Its not like it takes up a whole ton of memory or development space. Just a bit of AI and some fucking menus and screens

I also miss back in the day on NCAA were you used to punish players for commiting infracts, and could create a budget of resources towards recruiting, training facilities, or discipline (although discipline is kind of stupid, how do you run out of discipline points lol)

:lmao: I loved the discipline feature. Especially when, if I recall correctly, one of the random bad things was staying out past curfew and the discipline was 1 week, 2 weeks or the entire season. LMAO!!

Thats also the type of thing they need in Madden, dammit. A punishment feature. I mean, its not like we haven't seen stupid shit by Football players already.

1. Rape crimes
2. Animal cruelty
3. Gun stupidity

Sure, I'm not suggesting putting any of those things in. (but it'd be funny if fucking Tom Brady was accused of a rape crime in Madden - I'd say it was a Jets female fan making the claim)

Put in minor stuff. Like "didn't show up for team meeting/practice". Or "disruptive on the practice field/fighting with team mates."

EDIT: Also bring back the feature where a player becomes unhappy.

I recall from 2005, if you named someone a team capt. and someone else didn't like it you'd get notices from the team that it was a "bad choice". And also, money arguments or being a back-up all the time. I had a guy behind Peppers, at that time, who was demanding a trade or release, because he felt he should be a starter. :lmao: Fucking idiot was like a 75 ovr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back