• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Wrestlemania 31 General Discussion thread

Taker vs Lesnar II needs to happen or not?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes,its a great idea. Some people only watch NXT they can also tune in to watch Mania. Perhaps,its not in the preshow. By this way,NXT wrestlers can also perform on the grandest stage of them all.

How would you book this match for Wrestlemania though? It's all well and good living in an ideal world, but what about the build up?

Push the match on NXT and come 'mania, you've got a match full of guys that the core audience (families/casual fans) doesn't care about. They don't know anything outside whatever video packages air on Raw and Smackdown. Every minute of in-ring time at Wrestlemania has to mean something to the majority of fans.

Push it on Raw, and the guys in the match would be appearing on WWE TV every week. What sense would offering the 8 guys a shot on Raw make, if they all appear on Raw in the weeks prior?

Plus, are there 8 NXT wrestlers really ready to step out and perform in front of 85,000+ fans? That's not a shot at the NXT roster, but Wrestlemania is the biggest WWE event of the year. Putting on a decent match in NXT or on the indie circuit is massively different to a stage the size of 'mania.

I'm not trying to shoot the idea down, but I much prefer the way WWE has kept NXT talent off screen until they make their full-time début (with a couple of exceptions, I know). Gimmicks can be tweaked (Bo Dallas, Big E), and some guys are repackaged all together (Fandango, Adam Rose). Having an 8-man match introduces us to 8 characters that may not be ready (in WWE's eyes) to step up. Have it on an NXT PPV, or even a WWE PPV Pre Show, but not Wrestlemania.

So I could be in the minority here but I don't want to see Roman in the main event (I'm probably not in the minority) I think the money match is Bryan vs Lesnar. So what does Reigns do? A lot of ideas have been thrown around, Reigns/Cena, Reigns/HHH, Reigns/Rusev, Reigns/Undertaker. Here is an idea I haven't seen thrown out there (unless I missed it) Roman Reigns vs Batista! 2 powerhouses who are very similar in the ring and on the mic. Would it be good? Probably not great but it could be fun! Would it make Reigns look strong! If WWE devotes the time in building Batista back up as an actual threat then yes! Batista could return demanding his title match, Hunter can say he has to earn it by taking out the thorns in the authority's side. Have Batista take out Ziggler, Ryback, and Rowan (we all know they will be back) not at the same time but throughout a few weeks. Have him do it from behind or using weapons so nobody looks weak.

Have Reigns make the save when Batista is trying to take out Cena (Reigns has saved Cena like 10 times already) Roman could get on the mic after a spear and say "There is a new animal in town! Believe that!" Hopefully he could say that without any errors

At "Fast Lane"? Thats what its called right? Have Cena and Reigns lose to Rusev (I expect Rusev to be feuding with Cena) and Batista when Batista pins Reigns clean to make him look dominant.

Next night on RAW have Batista attack Roman backstage and scream "You're no Animal! You're this Animal's bitch!" This could continue all the way to mania, just random brawls from the 2 powerhouses with no talking involved.

At Mania have Reigns win in a dominating fashion even with run-ins from J&J security and Bigshow.

Great feud and match? Probably not, but a good way to give Reigns a good win at mania and keep him out of the ME till he is ready

thoughts? any better ideas?

Interesting idea. Reigns vs. Batista. They're similar. Although I'd have loved to see Batista from 10 years ago face Reigns vs. Batista now, who's clearly lost a step.

From what I read, Batista just wants to face HHH and retire.

Here is the section of the article I'm talking about...

"NXT MITB Ladder Match:
Perhaps my best and most sound idea in this exercise. Think about it: Zayn, Neville, Breeze, Itami, Balor, Owens, Corbin, and Enzo in an 8-man, MITB ladder match with a WWE contract for the taking, suspended above the ring?

These 4 of these 5 just showed up on NXT, they arent going near the main roster anytime soon. The other is Enzo who isnt booked as a threat. Now i know they arent going to win it but I think the spots should go to not only the best but to those that have paid their dues a little.

Push it on Raw, and the guys in the match would be appearing on WWE TV every week. What sense would offering the 8 guys a shot on Raw make, if they all appear on Raw in the weeks prior?

Having them on Raw in the three weeks or so leading upto mania wouldnt matter, if they dont win they're gone and the winner then already has a storyline ready to go when a veteran tells him its a different world up on the main roster. PLus it can give someone else in the match a storyline when they come up against the winner.

People will riot if reigns main events for the title.
First take the title off lesner.
Then have lesner or heyman be the reason for elimination of reigns at RR while reigns was on fire and about to destroy everyone.
and finally turn him a huge monster heel at WM with heyman as a mouthpiece.
Reigns is the perfect guy for that role considering the fact that rusev will lose soon and lesner is about to leave.

While it's an interesting idea, I don't see it happening. I think it could have a chance IF Triple H was the one making the final creative decisions, but even then it wouldn't be a guarantee. As has been stated, NXT is WWE's developmental territory and since these guys don't have the various superhero qualities that Vince loves, he probably considers NXT to be generally inferior.

However, if it did come down that this match were to happen, I'd keep the field somewhat smaller. Baron Corbin is much too green in my opinion. His matches in NXT, thus far, have been 30 second squash matches as part of a slow build to establish him as a dominant monster. He has a LOT to prove in my eyes and isn't remotely ready for a match at WrestleMania. As for Enzo, I think the guy could make a good mouthpiece for someone, but he's not much to speak of as a wrestler. He'd be absolutely no threat to anyone and I think the best role for him would be as a manager to someone. As for Hideo Itami, I have to say that I haven't been blown away by this guy so far. I know he has the ability, so maybe he just needs more time. Plus, it doesn't help that his English is still kinda limited. I'd also think about just simply having the ladder match be for the NXT Championship, keep things simple. There would still be storyline opportunities to come out of a ladder match without an MITB briefcase. Besides, there are some complaints that the MITB concept itself is somewhat overplayed, so I don't really see how doing the same thing in NXT would freshen things up in the minds of those who do feel it's a bit stale.

I think I'd simply have it as Zayn, Neville, Breeze, Balor and Owens. I don't think you have to load an MITB match with 7 or 8 people, just take the guys who're probably the furthest along in making it to the main roster in terms of overall ability. Without air time on Raw and SD!, however, this match would ultimately be nothing more than a meaningless spotfest full of guys that a lot of fans don't know, aren't familiar with and don't care about.

Remember when Booker T and Buff Bagwell had a main event match on Raw for the WCW Championship and it absolutely bombed? Probably not, people tend not to mention it. It bombed though - that's the point.

Same principle here.

Reasons the WWE audience at large have to be invested in NXT talent they've never been exposed to before:
  • Um...
  • Er...
  • Adrian Neville can do a wicked flip.

Just chucking out some guys who nobody has any reason to care about in a match by themselves and hoping they succeed is not the way to go about introducing new characters. I'm still perplexed as to why they bothered having an all-NXT tag team match prior to Takeover: Fatal Four-Way (Tyson Kidd being essentially NXT exclusive at the time). It would probably work better in front of a good crowd, like the one at WrestleMania, but it still wouldn't work well.

Hopefully, last night's SmackDown foreshadows a possible restart of the SHIELD vs the Authority storyline and we could possibly get some closure to that at WrestleMania 31.
Might well be a great way to build Roman Reigns, as he has loads of history with the Authority and Seth Rollins.

Ntm, That look on Rollins' face when Ambrose came out to team with Reigns. How brilliant would that have been on RAW instead? Would love a closure to that feud as well, now that Ambrose seems to have escaped Wyatt.

Remember this promo below? hmm... we never got to see those 2 go through with that, did we??
(Brilliant Promo overall, and emotional for a Shield mark like myself!!)

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=exDkCIZHzXg[/YOUTUBE]

I would like to see Reigns v. Lesnar, but I also do not want Lesnar to hold the title going into WM31. If he can drop it and Rollins can grab it before WM31, we get Reigns v. Lesnar still, but it's not the Main Event and it's not for the WWEWHC.

I for one would like to see the MITB match return to Wrestlemania, as it was always a match I looked forward to seeing. Great way to involve guys who didn't have storylines going into the event and give them an opportunity to have a meaningful part in it. I think having an NXT Money In The Bank match at WM with the winner receiving a WWE contract is a cool idea. I don't think it matters so much about all the personnel in the match not being ready for the WWE as long as they have a couple of guys in there that really stand out as capable main roster stars. They obviously all aren't ready yet. As for the match leaving some main roster guys out of the mania mix, let's be honest. It's only one match. It's not like they're booking singles matches for 8 NXT guys. And truthfully, would you rather have one great 20 minute ladder match, or maybe two average 10 minute matches? I know what I would prefer. If they don't end up going in this direction, which is likely the case, I still think NXT should be represented at Mania to help continue the growth of the brand. Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens for the NXT title would sit well with me.

I am not a fan of the idea of having an NXT Money In the Bank match at Wrestlemania 31 for multiple reasons. First of all, Money In the Bank has its own PPV event now. If there is going to be any type of addition to the Money In the Bank concept, it needs to take place at that show and not at Wrestlemania. Second, the NXT talent should not wrestle on a main event PPV brand. Appearing in the Rumble before an "actual" debut is fine, and I am open to WWE adding the NXT titles to Night Of Champions. Not an NXT MITB match though. Finally, NXT doesn't need a Money In the Bank briefcase at all. The show is fantastic as it is. If you wanted to do it without the briefcase, it could be cool. A six man Ladder Match for the NXT Championship between Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, Adrian Neville, and Tyson Kidd would be pretty awesome. Money In the Bank pushes should be a main roster concept only until we get to the point where NXT can be its own brand instead of WWE's developmental show.

I'd rather they had an NXT Takeover on the Saturday night in the same city as WM31. For all I care, once you bring an NXT person to the main roster for a PVP match, in any sort, they are no longer NXT to me, and they are WWE to me, and I hold them to very different standards.

There has been talk of a NXT Special right around WrestleMania already if they follow their 4 month schedule, I would think that is more likely.

Can see both sides of the argument, but I don't really see this happening at any rate. More likely we'll see legends come back for a gimmick battle royal than developmental talent given time to showcase their skills.

It's also confusing from a viewers point of view, IMO. If they are fighting on the main shows, then why are they on NXT? Surely that means they are not good enough? They need to earn it and either simply be called up, or have this type of match on an NXT special.

I've thought about a few thing and I've sorta revised my stance on the WrestleMania XXXI card:

Top Matches
WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan
John Cena vs. Roman Reigns
Sting vs. Triple H

Upper Mid-Card Matches
Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins
WWE Intercontinental Championship - Bad News Barrett vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho
WWE United States Championship - Rusev vs. Ryback

Mid-Card Matches
WWE Divas Championship - Nikki Bella vs. Brie Bella vs. Paige, vs. AJ Lee vs. Natalya in a ladder match.
WWE Tag Team Championship - The Usos vs. The Ascension vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd
Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

WrestleMania Kickoff Show
NXT Championship - Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville vs. Kevin Owens

If WWE wants to give Roman Reigns a huge moment to elevate his career, then going over John Cena at the biggest show of the year is one that I think is within Reigns' abilities at this point. If Vince ultimately wants Reigns to be WWE's next Superman, then going over the old one and developing more along the way makes sense rather than putting him in a role he's just not currently prepared for.

It was WWE Wrestlemania 30. Arena was sold out. Fan were watching the greatest wrestling show of the year. Everyone was searching for the feel good moment.

Suddenly, a shocking thing happened which no one thought was about to come. 21 times undefeated man was laid down for the three count by a furious looking beast. The streak was conquered. Most decorated streak in wrestling history was broken.

And the man who overcame 21 warriors was the beast incarnate 'BRRROCK LESNARRRR'. And he became the most dominant wrestler who squashed the company's poster boy. Dominated everyone in his path.

Is it acceptable that a wrestler of young generation conquers the conqueror?
IMO hell no.

Taker vs Lesnar needs to happen once again whether at Mania 31 or Mania 32 or whatever which Taker win.

Putting RR main event in a triple threat is a step in right direction. Cena or Rollins can pin one another without Lesnar looking weak. Undertaker comes back after Rumble and demands a rematch against Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Taker wins it and retires with 22-1.

Your thoughts?

I think the biggest mystery at the moment is where is John Cena going to be???

Rusev looks to have his hands tied with Ryback.
Triple H will be fighting Sting.
Bray Wyatt is rumoured to be going against Taker.
Smart money says Daniel Bryan or Roman Reigns against Brock Lesnar.
Rollins feud is played out now. As is Randy Orton.

It could be one of Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns but that makes no sense unless there is a major heel turn. Dolph Ziggler or Dean Ambrose remain the other two options but I cant see that match selling tickets at the grandest stage.

Or...........................................................Hulk Hogan?!

Stone Cold hosts Wrestlemania 31
Brock Lesnar v Randy Orton (Seth cashes in. Sets up feud with Randy)
Sting v HHH (Sting goes over then HHH beats him down after the match. Taker comes out and makes the save. This gives the fans a Wrestlemania moment with Sting and Taker together)
Daniel Bryan v Seth Rollins (Match of the night)
Cena v Rusev
Wyatt v Ziggler (If Taker can't compete)
Battle Royal Winner - Reigns

This is what I'd like to see. Sure, it's a pipe-dream, but here we go:

WRESTLEMANIA 31 KICKOFF SHOW

#1. WWE Tag Team Championship: The Usos w/ Rikishi vs. Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods w/ Big E

The New Day turns heel in February deciding that they haven't been given a fair shot since debuting in the tag division. They target the Usos saying that they have received preferential treatment due to being born into a wrestling dynasty. The Usos retain at WrestleMania after a distraction finish, giving Xavier more fuel for his promos against the establishment.

#2. NXT Championship: Sami Zayn (c) vs. Kevin Owens

After the initial match, the kick-off will continue with an NXT Championship bout between NXT's hottest prospects. It looks like they'll be having a 3-way with Neville at the NXT Special, but their first 1-on-1 in a WWE ring should happen here. All eyes will be on WrestleMania and having this match on the card can really send the message that NXT is not just the future, but the present. The fatal 4 way last year went over 20 minutes. They should keep the tag match short and let this one go over 20 as well. I'd have Sami retain since he'll be the next one to move up to the main roster and shouldn't lose at such a high profile event if he wants to debut with a bang.

WRESTLEMANIA 31

#1 WWE United States Championship: Roman Reigns vs. Rusev (c)

Eleven years ago, John Cena beat Big Show for the US title in the first match of WM20. He went on to become the face of the WWE a year after. If WWE wants to groom Roman into the next face, they need to take the same steps they did with Cena. Rusev is a solid heel and people are going to want to see him get crushed at Mania. Roman is the perfect guy to do it. A solid midcard title run will also be a good test to see how he performs as champion.

#2. Mask vs. Hair: Rey Mysterio vs. Bray Wyatt

I think it's a damn shame that Rey and WWE are not on good terms, but I'm hoping they can work something out. If Rey is looking to retire soon, I think losing a Mask match at WrestleMania would be huge. I think Bray can cut some great promos about how Rey hides behind his mask, similar to the ones Punk used to cut as the Straight Edge Messiah. Most people would think Rey would go over in a Mask match, but if Bray actually beats him and unmasks him, it can have a similar effect that Brock beating Taker had last year in crushing people's morale.

3. WWE Diva's Championship: AJ Lee vs. Natalya (c) vs. Paige vs. Charlotte

I think Natalya should take the title off Nikki at some point, so when Charlotte moves to the main roster, they can continue the natural feud that they began on NXT. Add AJ and Paige to the mix, and we have a solid 4-way match for the divas belt at WrestleMania. I'd have Charlotte win here, setting her up for a long reign as the new face of the divas division. I can't wait to see a proper Paige/Charlotte feud after this.

4. Cesaro vs. The Big Show

Cesaro needs to eliminate Big Show from the Rumble in a similar fashion as to the Andre Battle Royal last year. After that, Cesaro and Kidd start feuding with Big Show and Kane, leading to a match at Fast Lane. Kidd turns on Cesaro and joins The Authority, and Big Show pins Cesaro. Cesaro gets his revenge at WrestleMania the same way he won last year, by slamming Big Show to the mat and pinning him for the 1-2-3... but not until he swings Big Show first!!

5. Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

Randy Orton returns as a face up against the man who replaced him in the Authority. This is the easiest story to tell as their bad blood has been building for months. Randy gets his revenge and goes over Seth at WrestleMania. One would think that Seth needs the win more than Randy, but Randy has been middling on the midcard ever since he lost the title, and to avoid him getting Jerichoed, they have to build him as a top star again. Seth will always be relevant, and he'll cash in and win the title no matter what happens here.

6. Sting vs. Triple H

Immediately after that match, The Authority should start attacking Randy, and the Vigilante Sting comes down from the rafters to make the save. Instead of the usual entrances and hype promos, we go directly into this match with a staredown reminiscent of the one from Survivor Series. Sting says he wants to go now. Triple H should still be in a suit to sell that this has caught him off guard. He starts taking it off and it's settled, it's happening now. Sting would have brought up the Monday Night War, Triple H invading WCW, and all the bad blood between both companies. He'll challenge Triple H to finish what he started at Survivor Series, which was to get rid of the Authority.

I for one think it's more important for Triple H to win here since he hasn't won a match in 2 years. Sting will be able to get some wins over Rollins, Kidd and other Authority members at other events, but he'll lose this big one against Triple H. It will piss off thousands of smarks, but it will lead to Sting still having an axe to grind. If he came in and beat Triple H and ended the Authority just like that, he wouldn't have anything else to do. This keeps Sting in the game.

7. John Cena w/ Nikki Bella vs. Daniel Bryan w/ Brie Bella

Brie accidentally costs Nikki the title at the Rumble. Nikki gets pissed and starts attacking Brie. She says she'll make her pay. The Rumble Final Four will be down to Bryan, Ambrose, Ziggler and Rollins. It will be huge. Nikki will run to the ring and distract Bryan enough for Rollins to eliminate him. Bryan will be pissed. The next night, he calls Nikki out and Cena comes out instead. He apologizes on Nikki's behalf and Bryan starts talking trash about her. Cena admits she has issues, but that it's his girl he's talking about so he has to back off. Bryan tells him to make him. And the two scuffle. The Total Divas inspired feud is on for WrestleMania as Bryan and Cena will square off in probably the most promoted feud on the card. While I would love for this to be the opportunity for Cena to turn heel and steal the win, I know it won't be happening, so I'll just go ahead and say Bryan wins after Nikki keeps trying to cheat, but Cena starts arguing with her, and turns around into a running knee. The next night, Cena breaks up with Nikki and stays his goody-two-shoes self. Sigh... Not the best story route, but I want to be somewhat realistic here.

8. WrestleMania 31-Man Battle Royal

Dean Ambrose, Adrian Neville and Ryback will be the focal points during the buildup, as they'll be booked as allies up against Authority cohorts Kane, Luke Harper and Tyson Kidd. Sheamus will return and feud with Bad News Barrett over the IC title. Damien Mizdow and The Miz will have a match at Fast Lane and their feud would continue into the Battle Royal. RVD will return and feud with Adam Rose. Bo Dallas will feud with Erick Rowan where he makes fun of his big dumb demeanor. Jack Swagger will feud with Mark Henry when Zeb turns over to manage Mark, a real American hero. Darren Young and Titus O'Neil will rekindle their feud. GoldStar will turn face again to feud with the Ascension. Los Matadores will be feuding with a reunited Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel. R-Truth and Fandango will be having dance-offs or w/e. Zack Ryder will have a Main Event feud with Curtis Axel, and David Otunga will get to squash jobbers while he gets a return push.

That covers all 31 participants. So all those mini-feuds will be built up throughout RTWM in some way or another, and will be featured in the Battle Royal. The match itself will start off just like any battle royal with a few eliminations, but then the ruse will be revealed, as all 8 Nexus members (sub in Titus for Tarver) will join up and start eliminating everybody left and right. Ryback will turn on his buddies, and Darren and Titus will have made up. The ending will be Dean Ambrose up against all 8 of them. Dean will get to eliminate Heath, Darren and Titus, but Ryback will eventually eliminate him. Barrett will call for the remaining 3 to get out of the ring, and Ryback, Axel and Otunga will step aside, leaving Barrett to be crowned as Mr. WrestleMania. All 8 of them will then raise their arms together, wearing their signature armbands.

9. WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs. Brock Lensar (c)

This is a pipe-dream, but I'd love to see it. Dolph should last eliminate Rollins to win the Royal Rumble and go on to face Brock at WrestleMania. They have to push Dolph like their new CM Punk. He needs to be controversial, he needs to talk down the Authority, and he'll get to show off all the worked shoot promos he's been cutting on the app about being held down. Dolph can be even bigger than Punk if they let him, and pinning Brock in the main event at WrestleMania could be the catalyst that makes him a star. With three really strong feuds in Randy/Seth, Cena/Bryan and Triple H/Sting, there wouldn't be anything wrong with experimenting with booking Dolph as the top guy. It definitely can't be worse than the Batista flop last year.

Here's my card, winners in italics

Pre show
NXT Championship Sami Zayn(C) v Kevin Owens v Hideo Itami v Finn Balor
What youd expect from these four. fast past lots of cool spots. main aim to gain exposure for the future stars from the casual fans

Wrestlemania 31

Andre the Giant Battle Royal - Cessaro, Kidd, Kofi, Big E, Xavier, Harper, Rowan, Swagger, Neville, RVD, Henry, Fandango, Miz, Mizdow, Jimmy, Jey, R-truth, Axel, Bo, Gabriel, Santino, Rose, Ryder, Slater, Titus, Young, Diego, Fernando, Noble, Mercury
fast paced opener, short in time as my show has quite a few matches. Mizdow gets the win by eliminating both miz and neville at the same time, harper gets most elimination.

IC Championship - Bad News Barrett (C) v Randy Orton
bad news is part of the authority and orton is after them. Orton wins via dq after j&J security save bad news but orton leaves them all laying in the end with multiple RKO's

Cody Rhodes v Goldust
Cody has turned on goldust and picks up the win, after the match id debut a new four horsemen (Cody,Axel,Miz,Riley with Flair and Charlotte) but that's for another thread

Tag Team Championship - Kane & Big show (C) v The Ascension
New champs look dominant by beating the big men.

Seth Rollins v Dean Ambrose
Change of tempo after the tag match and has the potential to be match of the night.

Daniel Bryan v Sheamus
Sheamus returns at the rumble and eliminates bryan which causes the crowd to turn on him. this makes sheamus go mad about how the crowd love bryan despite the fact he beat him in 18 a few years ago.

United States Championship - Rusev (C) v Ryback
tough to choose a winner but i think rusev still has a few more months left in the undefeated phase of his career and its a face winning heavy card overall so i have him retaining.

The Undertaker v Bray Wyatt
as the streak is over id have a different approach to this year. id have bray just get dq'd from the start with a vicious chair attack. bray can get more out of seeming to have ended takers career and it would mean he wouldnt have to do much, as im hoping he can be healthy enough for sting the following year.

HHH v Sting with Hulk Hogan as special ref
Battle for control and the authority is gone.

Divas Championship Nikki (C) v Brie v Paige v Natalya
it's time nattie got a good run with the belt and with charlotte coming up the two of them can build towards summerslam

Brock Lesnar v Roman Reigns
it looks like brock is going to be leaving after mania so id have the next big star beat him at the main show. Brock was never pinned as rollins could take the loss at the rumble so he's still strong going into mania

WWE World Heavyweight Championship John Cena (C) v Dolph Ziggler
ziggler wins rumble after vince re-instates him but authority tried to stop him by making him number 1. cena wins at rumble by pinning rollins.
simple face v face match and the crowd will be split into their opposite groups. story can build around the firing angle. Ziggler gets the big win and moment with all the confetti after a long match.

But wait.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Dolph Ziggler (C) v Seth Rollins
Seth cashes in as the authority screw ziggler out of the championship in their final act.

To add a little more this would leave Ziggler and Cena with rematches, dean with a win over the new champ and roman and bray with big wins heading out of mania. All would want the first shot at rollins and the new GM figure will grant it to all of them for extreme rules in some sort of 6 man match

I'd love this but can see only around half of it as likely. Thoughts?

Main Event (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)

Brock Lesnar (c) w/Paul Heyman vs Daniel Bryan (2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner)

How I would book? Daniel Bryan wins the 2015 Royal Rumble Match overcoming 29 other superstars to get the job done last eliminating Roman Reigns to get the job done and now that Bryan is back in the main event main-eventing WrestleMania 31 he has to go up against The Beast Incarnate Brock Lesnar who I would have retain his WWE World Heavyweight Championship at the Rumble beating both Cena and Rollins to retain but all be it just barely and at Fast Lane Lesnar would have the PPV off while Bryan he would overcome whatever The Authority tries to throw at him with ease until the night after Fast Lane, Lesnar attacks Bryan therefore setting up their WrestleMania 31 match

Grudge Match

Triple H vs Sting

No explanation, this pretty much writes itself especially given what happened at Survivor Series but also I would have Sting show up at the Royal Rumble pay per view just when Triple H and company are about to help Rollins to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship cue the lights going out and Sting's music playing with Sting showing up but this time coming down from the rafters and when he does Sting takes out Authority member after Authority member until Triple H comes face to face with Sting again. Triple H attacks Sting having the upper hand on Sting and just when he is about to finish Sting off Sting turns it around laying Triple H out again and leaving as Sting's music plays and then the lights go out and when they come back on Sting is gone. Cena then would try to take advantage of the situation but cue Lesnar who hits the F5 on Cena to retain. Then in the Royal Rumble Match Sting is a surprise entrant and just when Sting eliminates superstars from the match cue Triple H who shows up to distract Sting and then a certain superstar from behind eliminates Sting. Then the build-up towards Mania could have these 2 playing mind games with each other but also Sting taking out Authority members week after week first week he until it leaves Triple H all by himself and no back-up.

Grudge Match

Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins

No explanation needed for this either, this pretty much writes itself especially given the angle, Rollins takes out Orton with The Authority turning on Orton in the process and Rollins he is The Authority's poster child their golden boy their go to guy but he can also brag about how he is the future but also that he was the one who took Orton out and because of him we will never see Randy Orton in a WWE ring, cue The Viper's music hitting as there is no sign of Orton at first and his music keeps playing and playing up until it stops. Rollins then can say how that is the last time we will hear that music and just when he is bragging more and more a mysterious hooded man runs out from the crowd and into the ring attacking Rollins. J & J try to get involved but this man just takes them out RKOing them both as the man takes his hood off. It's Randy Orton...he's back and Rollins high-tails it out of there before Orton can get to him cue the build-up towards their match at WrestleMania 31.

Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt

How I would book this? The Undertaker unexpectedly makes a shocking return to WWE without anyone knowing but when he does he can address his WrestleMania 30 loss to Brock Lesnar and how he is back for one thing and one thing only and that is redemption cue Bray Wyatt's signature and the lights going out and then Bray Wyatt showing up on the titantron and when he does he can address The Undertaker in the sense that The Undertaker's mystique is gone and that he is the only one who can call himself a supernatural being now and that The Undertaker is nothing more than a myth a myth that was destroyed while Bray Wyatt is not a myth but the real thing. Cue the lights going out again and when they come back on Bray Wyatt is in the ring face to face with The Undertaker and when they are both face to face they are going at it with each other until Bray Wyatt gets the upper hand and ends up laying The Undertaker out with Sister Abigail. Match is set for WrestleMania 31 and the build-up you can build on that from there in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania 31.

Roman Reigns vs John Cena

How I would book this? John Cena of course doesn't have a match for WrestleMania and neither does Roman Reigns as Cena then addresses the fact that he should be at the show of all shows as he makes an open challenge and of course it is expected by none other than Roman Reigns as Cena is not only surprised but shocked too. Roman Reigns then can say to Cena that he heard everything that he had to say but also he brings up something Cena said that in order for the future to actually start they have to go through him then you could have Reigns say that he is the future as Cena then can say that Reigns is going up against the man who runs this place and cue the build-up. In the build-up Cena and Reigns could do everything to try to one-up each other anything you can do I can do better that type of thing but at the same time they would both be babyfaces going at it, the current face of the WWE in Cena going up against the man who will ultimately take his place as face of the WWE that being Reigns

WWE United States Championship

Rusev (c) w/Lana vs Dean Ambrose

Rusev could be destroying anything and everything that comes into his path but also claiming that no American can beat him but also that he himself has become more superior to Americans and that they do not deserve to have a man like him as their champion but also that he will crush any one or all of the heroes that try to step up to him cue Ambrose's music hitting and then you could build this one up pretty good Ambrose is crazy enough to face Rusev but the only one who is not afraid of him but also cue the USA/Russia aspect of it all and even though they have faced each other before I thought that it would make for a great WrestleMania worthy match especially with the WWE United States Championship being on the line

2nd Ever Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (31 superstars)

Cue the return of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal which was introduced at last year's WrestleMania with Cesaro winning the first ever Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, Cesaro could go on to claim that this year he will repeat and cue other superstars who end up taking exception to this and then build this one up like last year's but better but instead of 30 superstars in there there will be 31 superstars because of the fact that it is WrestleMania 31 so it is only fitting

Kickoff Show

WWE Divas Championship

AJ Lee vs Nikki Bella (c) w/Brie Bella vs Paige vs Natalya (Fatal 4-Way)

4 of perhaps the best divas in the division going at it to open up WrestleMania 31, doesn't it make sense? But also at the same time Nikki's title is on the line it is in jeopardy and she doesn't even have to be pinned to lose the title but also it gets the divas on the card all be it they would be opening the show so

WWE Tag Team Championships

The Usos (c) vs The Ascension

This is pretty much inevitable and if anything how does the saying go, why delay the inevitable from happening? These 2 teams are bound to cross paths they are bound to come face to face so what better place than at WrestleMania 31 with the WWE Tag Team Championships being on the line to open up the show with this match also being a part of the Kick Off Show

Thoughts on my card anyone?

A bit of a long shot, but I'd like to see Orton/Rollins for the World Title. Orton makes a surprise RR return, and wins, much to the chagrin of the Authority. Then, Cena pins Rollins to win world title. Lesnar freaks since he wasn't involved in decision and lays waste to Cena. Rollins revives, cashes in, and wins title.

This leads to the 2 marquee matchups at Wrestlemania.

Orton vs. Rollins (c)--WWE World Title.
Cena vs. Lesnar--No DQ, Hell in a Cell, Last Man Standing (some kind of gimmick match)

If Undertaker can't go, I'm putting Wyatt/Reigns together (they can start something at the RR for this, via one eliminating the other and taking offense).

Ascension will start getting a rocket strapped to their back in preparation for Usos/Ascension Tag Title match at WM31.

I'd like to see DB/Rusev, which could also be started at RR due to elimination drama.

That leaves Ziggler, Ambrose, Barrett, Ryback, and possibly Reigns (if Undertaker and Wyatt are a go) that still don't have some kind of match or feud based on this breakdown.

I think Ryback is a great candidate for the Andre Battle Royal winner (assuming they do it again).

And, I wouldn't mind seeing Ambrose, Ziggler, and Barrett going for the IC title in a triple threat ladder match. That's be pretty cool. Not sure how we get from where the stories are now to that match, but it would bring the house down. All 3 guys deserve a marquee match.

Everything is up in the air for the next 24 hours but my feeling is the WWE are about to throw a big curveball.
For over a month I've believed that Sting would interfere in the Rumble title match, getting the title on Cena and setting up HHH Vs Sting. And then they pulled Sting early, totally ruining my prediction. I cannot believe that the WWE did that unless they have something else coming.

Sting Vs HHH is pretty much a lock at this point, I will be stunned if they change course.

Brock is not going into Wrestlemania as champion, it just won't happen, because of his contract situation and how he left last time. I firmly believe that The Undertaker will return, either at the Rumble or the other one and will cost him the belt. Undertaker Vs Brock is pretty much the only way you guarantee a good crowd for Lesnars last match.

The WWE title match is a very difficult one to predict because there are so many potential options and none of them are brilliant.

Reigns simply isn't ready, there's no way around it, so I can see the WWE throwing him in with Rollins (and possibly Ambrose if you want the set).

Ziggler isn't going to happen, his name is Ziggler for fucks sake!

That leaves Cena, Bryan and Orton. :icon_neutral: I think you can pretty much kick Orton off to deal with Rusev, which leaves Cena (c) Vs Bryan (Rumble). Now there's a match that would get plenty of reaction.

This could be a decent Mania if its booked correctly in my opinion and I think they can also put a decent card together, I don't think they will do Lesnar, Taker II my card would be:

Pre-Show
1) Sami Zayne (C) Vs Kevin Owens Vs Finn Balor Vs Hideo Itami
Fatal 4 Way NXT World Title Match. Nice match to go on the pre-show with Owens picking up the victory and giving him a yearly long reign.

Main Card
1) Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal Match.
Damien Mizdow wins this one by eliminating The Miz last and to finally set them apart as a tag team and give Mizdow that push.

2) Rusev (C) Vs Ryback
United States Title Match. The payoff for both of these men and have Ryback get a WrestleMania moment by winning the US belt and giving Rusev his first loss in the wwe.

3) Adrian Neville Vs Dolph Ziggler
Singles Match. This could be a great show stealer if done right and have Neville come so close but have ziggler win with the ZIGZAG for the win and after that have both men embrace each other as the crowd gives them a standing ovation.

4) Bad News Barrett (C) Vs Sheamus Vs Luke Harper
Intercontinental Title Triple Threat Match. This is a match full of big men and have Sheamus win the title and allow BNB to move onto the world title picture.

5) Randy Orton Vs Seth Rollins
Grudge Match. I would make this encounter for Mania and have Rollins get the victory and give him a huge push.

6) John Cena Vs Dean Ambrose
Singles Match. I would have Ambrose getting sick and tired of Cena constantly hogging the limelight and wants to use him as a stepping stone to get to the top but I wouldn't turn him heel just into a tweener.

7) Divas Title Battle Royal Match.
Give this match to Charlotte from NXT.

8) The Undertaker Vs Bray Wyatt
Singles Match. This would be a decent match that's if Taker can get it on.

9) The Uso (C) Vs The Ascensions Vs The New Day Vs Cesaro & Tyson Kidd
Four Corner Elimination Tag Team Title Match. I would have The Ascensions walk out with the gold in this one.

10) Sting Vs Triple HHH
Singles Match. I would have Sting go over here.

11) Brock Lesnar (C) (with Paul Heyman) Vs Daniel Bryan
Wwe World Heavyweight Title Match. I would have DB win the rumble match and headline Mania against Lesnar because I feel Reigns isn't ready yet and have Bryan win the title setting up a rematch for extreme rules and then have Rollins cash in at the next ppv.

With the Rumble just a few hours away here in Philly, here's how I'd like to see the WM card go:

Pre Show:
Mizdow def. Miz
-They've been building towards it, just hold off long enough for a WM match. Mizdow collects the first pop of the night!
Tag Titles
Cesaro/Kidd w/Adam Rose def. Usos (C)
-Though I think the Usos deserve to be on the main card it likely won't happen. Let them go 10-15 mins, get in a good stiff match and let's see what these two and their new manager (3rd partner) can do with the belts.

Main Card:

IC Title
Dean Ambrose def. Bad News Barrett (C)
-Ambrose still has "Authority Issues" which makes these two cross paths w/Ambrose taking the title. If BNB wasn't so brittle I'd even suggest making it a Ladder match.

Andre Memorial Battle Royal:
Sheamus def. Big Show, Kane, Swagger, Axel, Titus, Slater, Truth, Bo Dallas, Erick Rowan, Kofi, Big E, Xavier Woods, Luke Harper, Sin Cara, Big Cas (NXT), Zack Ryder, Adam Rose, Darren Young, Fandango

Roman Reigns def. Bray Wyatt
-RR is not ready for the main event and he and Brock would be a disaster. I have Rollins leaving the Rumble w/the gold and it would be easy to let Reigns go on to face him at Mania, BUT, I have other ideas there. All this takes to get off and running is an attack from Wyatt on Roman, which he follows up with promos on why he did what he did and such. At this point, Roman Reigns needs to look good on the big stage and Bray can make him look like a million bucks and do the same for himself. Takes a lot of pressure off both from having to hang with or carry the likes of Taker, Brock, etc.. and gives them the ability to do some special things in their match. I see Reigns winning a slugfest.

Divas Title:
Natalya def. Brie, Nikki (C) & Paige in a fatal 4-Way
-Kinda writes itself from Total Divas. Nattie really should get the feel-good moment here. She's had a hand in making all three other girls and should shine with a sharpshooter tapout on Paige for licking and groping her. haha

US Title:
Ryback def. Rusev (C) via countout
-The building blocks are already in place for this one. There are already so many big moments for this event, no sense in Rusev's first loss being lost in the mix. Have a good match, several near falls and Rusev walks out and loses without getting pinned. Have Ryback get a rematch the next night on RAW and pin Rusev in seconds or something like that and win the title.

John Cena def. Dolph Ziggler
-The match can be a challenge from Ziggler to Cena. Zigs wanting to prove that he is Main Event material and wanting to steal the show w/the company's greatest attraction. I don't even want to get into the idea of Cena going Authority and winning w/their help because let's face it folks...not this millenium. So, you build the match based on respect with intensity building over the weeks, promos with low blows dissing each other but still not leaving a clear face/heel in the match. It is the perfect match and setting for Ziggler to really shine as the crowd will make it memorable by burying Cena. lol Could be very good.

Randy Orton def. Brock Lesnar
-Since I see Rollins leaving the Rumble w/the title; what to do w/Brock? I largely say this because based on his first last match at WM20 w/Goldberg I think they will want him in the ring w/someone who won't let him phone it in. Not hard to build something w/these two considering they came up together and I can't think of them ever going one-on-one when they were both relevant. If Lesnar is done, let him go out to a guy like Orton who can use that win to add another moniker to his legacy.

WWE Title:
Daniel Bryan def. Seth Rollins (C)
-DB wins the rumble, his saga w/the Authority continues and moves on to Rollins for the title at Mania. They can touch on their past from ROH to tie in to the storyline but let's face it, it's all about DB getting that WM moment again and running with it. This will also be the best WM title match possibly ever. Give them time to tell their story in the ring and we could have a 30 minute masterpiece.

Sting def. HHH
-It's likely the easiest match to predict will happen at Mania this year. And if it is, go all the way with it, make it the main event to emphasize just how important people need to believe it is. Since there is no guarantee on if/when Sting will wrestle again, just go ahead and give him the W here. Mania is all about the feel good moment to end the show and whatever angle they go with to sell it (control of the company, etc...) should be tied in, as well. If you told me Sting committed to 4 matches this year I say put HHH over and let him give the receipt in a rematch.

*Again, much of this is dream sequence booking but I could see much of this card play out.

I see everyone posting pure fantasy cards. Have none of you actually watched Raw and seen how the stories were playing out? I see Wrestlemania playing out as follows:

Reigns vs Lesnar (that's a given now)
Cena vs Rusev (practically a given as well)
Orton vs Rollins (they've been building toward this all year)
Sting vs HHH (another match that is practically guaranteed)
Random Divas match (gotta throw that in there)

I don't think Taker is going to go this year (which throws Wyatt's status up in the air). The WWE not going with the fantasy Sting vs Undertaker match, and Undertaker's loss last year make me feel this way.

Based on what happened during the Rumble match and the weeks leading up, I see the following matches taking place as well, but there isn't as much evidence for the following matches as the ones above:
Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan
Bad News Barret vs Dolph Ziggler
The Ascension vs The Usos (I'm basing this on WWE putting the belts back on the faces.)

Possibly another Wrestlemania Battle Royal as well which I would predict Dean Ambrose to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back