WWE Roadblock: End of the Line LD

I have to agree and HHH really has to start showing up or forget this whole Rollins/HHH thing.

Oh Rollins/HHH will happen. Likely at Mania. Goldberg/Bork. Cena/Taker.
The rest of the card is going to be quite random.

Except for once in the company's history the women outshined the men almost every single week. Comparing it to Orton/Cena is just silly if you look at where the women were at back then, or even a year ago.

But they keep fighting each and our attention spans suck.

Every week is a bit much considering most weeks of this feud we got Sasha vs Dana Brooke or in-ring talking segment, or if we're lucky a mixed tag. Every-time this hot potato happens the leg are cut right from under Sasha with each two week reign. Even fifty/fifty booking helps no one. Is it better than a year ago? Yes, but that doesn't mean there's not room for improvement.

Thinking about it....that Sasha - Charlotte was the most emotionally intense finish to a match in years. Bloody Sasha desperately trying to not give in and to fight out of it, and Charlotte just locking it in deeper and deeper. Awesome.

Tapping with a few seconds left was a dumb spot, but the finish? Amazing. Not Hart-Austin(what is?) but it was great.

Going into this I thought the card was strong enough to give us an entertaining 3 hours, but I was sorely disappointed. I don't know about anyone else, but nothing was really clicking for me tonight, even the Charlotte/Sasha match was pretty crap by their usual standards and I was turned off by the booking. Excuse me while I rant:

1. Why would they take the belts off New Day and give them to a generically average team of Sheamus and Cesaro? Seriously, these guys have not really clicked with the crowd since being put together and have done nothing to distinguish themselves from the rest of the pack.

2. Zayn/Strowman ending was pretty lame. Good for Sami, but the same thing could have been accomplished by having Zayn come back a minute earlier with Braun finishing him off in the last 30 seconds. Keeps everyone strong.

3. You just KNEW they weren't going to let Sasha go into Mania as the champion.

4. Nothing to do with the show, but Pittsburgh crowds are fooking awful. Seriously WWE, stop hosting PPV's in Pittsburgh.

Who the fuck is this lady on RAW talk and why is she dressed like a cast member from Blossom

No idea but it should have been Renee Young instead. One of the funniest moments of the night was (whoever this Raw Talk girl was) getting Sasha and Charlotte mixed up while in a conversation with Charlotte.

4. Nothing to do with the show, but Pittsburgh crowds are fooking awful. Seriously WWE, stop hosting PPV's in Pittsburgh.

Calm down, champ. We get like one pay per view every 3 years and WWE always figures out a way to fuck us over or give us a boring ass card.

Remember that classic barbed wire steel cage match between Big Show and JBL? The Royal Rumble where the obvious most popular wrestler at the time jobbed out and didn't even appear in the Rumble match?

Or maybe the Raws we get every March that somehow never have the part-timers of that year's Mania even gracing us with an appearance?

I could go on and on....

Going into this I thought the card was strong enough to give us an entertaining 3 hours, but I was sorely disappointed. I don't know about anyone else, but nothing was really clicking for me tonight, even the Charlotte/Sasha match was pretty crap by their usual standards and I was turned off by the booking. Excuse me while I rant:

1. Why would they take the belts off New Day and give them to a generically average team of Sheamus and Cesaro? Seriously, these guys have not really clicked with the crowd since being put together and have done nothing to distinguish themselves from the rest of the pack.

2. Zayn/Strowman ending was pretty lame. Good for Sami, but the same thing could have been accomplished by having Zayn come back a minute earlier with Braun finishing him off in the last 30 seconds. Keeps everyone strong.

3. You just KNEW they weren't going to let Sasha go into Mania as the champion.

Agreed on everything. The crowd sounded awful all night.

I will say that I don't have a problem with Charlotte winning. I think right now she deserves to be the one who carries the title. Sasha is my personal favorite on the whole roster, but Charlotte is really at the top of her game. I think this eventually leads to Sasha's heel turn, which will be great.

Calm down, champ. We get like one pay per view every 3 years and WWE always figures out a way to fuck us over or give us a boring ass card.

Remember that classic barbed wire steel cage match between Big Show and JBL? The Royal Rumble where the obvious most popular wrestler at the time jobbed out and didn't even appear in the Rumble match?

Or maybe the Raws we get every March that somehow never have the part-timers of that year's Mania even gracing us with an appearance?

I could go on and on....

Man, I'm from Toronto. We didn't get a PPV for 10 years after Unforgiven 06 and we actually give the performers decent reactions. Don't even talk about not getting enough shows in Pittsburgh.

And it's not just PPV crowds in Pitt. Raw crowds usually suck there too. No offense of course.

When we get a boring show like last night, people complain about the lack of reaction. When we react like crazy, people complain that it's not the way we're supposed to react. We can't win either way with the IWC.

Maybe people attending shows in Pittsburgh should consult the internet prior to the event, so we know the exact way we're allowed to react to an event we paid to see.

When Ken Burns does a documentary on the Great War between Toronto and Pittsburg I hope this thread gets its due as the first shot fired and not overlooked because of all those obnoxious Maple Leaf and Penguin fans.

I just hope my Buffalo doesn't get too caught in the middle as they are literally and figuratively in the middle.

When Ken Burns does a documentary on the Great War between Toronto and Pittsburg I hope this thread gets its due as the first shot fired and not overlooked because of all those obnoxious Maple Leaf and Penguin fans.

I just hope my Buffalo doesn't get too caught in the middle as they are literally and figuratively in the middle.

Toronto would win...

I think you have to give Rollins a title shot in there somewhere. Somewhere for Triple H to show up and screw him again.

So I am the only one who sees the possibility of HHH vs Seth Rollins for the RAW Universal title at WrestleMania 33?

Ofc, we could get KO vs Y2J for the Universal title in the opening match of Mania 33 also. But I think the former is likely at this point.

That said, I'd love Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor for the Universal title at Mania. That would be briliant in build, match and follow-up, lMO.

So I am the only one who sees the possibility of HHH vs Seth Rollins for the RAW Universal title at WrestleMania 33?

Yes.

Ofc, we could get KO vs Y2J for the Universal title in the opening match of Mania 33 also. But I think the former is likely at this point.

I'd say the latter but I mix this expression up some times.

That said, I'd love Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor for the Universal title at Mania. That would be briliant in build, match and follow-up, lMO.

Between his health and lack off WWE history, it is hard to see Balor getting such a big Mania spot unless we are talking a match with more than two participants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back