WWE Roadblock Returns in December

enviousdominous

Behold my diction
With the brand extension, Raw and Smackdown are in an apparent gold-rush to associate as many PPV possibilities with their brands in the coming year. We've already seen past examples like Clash of the Champions and No Mercy look as though they're slated for a revival soon.

WWE Roadblock was originally a Network only special that was held in March of this year, and is now being scheduled to occur on the 18th of December according to this schedule of events at the Consol Energy Center.

I would have assumed that the WWE had enough PPV names to throw around so that both Raw and Smackdown could easily fill an entire year with ample PPVs, but apparently the name ROADBLOCK is badass enough to nudge right into the lineup.

I would have thought that ROADBLOCK would be the type of show that you'd schedule in between the Rumble and WrestleMania, reminding one of that whole road to WrestleMania thing. I'm not sure what roads ROADBLOCK will actually be blocking in this sense.

Clearly Roadblock is going to be a PPV around WWE heels trying to stop Christmas from coming to WWE with its new placement in December. Top heels from RAW and SmackDown will form teams to try and kill Christmas, and the faces, namely John Cena on SmackDown will have to defeat the faces in a multi man Candy Cane on a pole match...

I'm sorry, I can't even go on, I have no idea why this awfully-named special event was re-scheduled to December. Give me No Way Out or Elimination Chamber any day.

Yeah Roadblock makes no sense to put at the end of the year. What is it a roadblock for? Why not Starcade instead? Hey they are bringing back Clash of Champions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back