• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Bragging Rights 2010 - Randy Orton (c) vs Wade Barrett - WWE Championship

TheChampionOfTheWorld

Occasional Pre-Show

Forced to join The Nexus following an emotionally crippling defeat at Hell in a Cell, John Cena will be in Wade Barrett’s corner when the Nexus mastermind collides with Randy Orton for the WWE Championship at WWE Bragging Rights.

The most vocal (and physical) opponent of The Nexus dating back to their initial Raw invasion back in June, Cena has reluctantly joined their ranks, now wearing the ruthless rebel faction’s signature black-and-yellow armband. At WWE Bragging Rights, the nine-time World Champion could unwillingly play a role in helping Barrett capture Orton’s WWE Title and allow The Nexus to further exert its dominance in the process.

But Orton – no friend of either Barrett or Cena – has successfully battled the odds in recent weeks, with intense opposition seeming to only strengthen his resolve. In a Six Pack Challenge at Night of Champions, The Viper overcame not only Cena and Barrett, but three other worthy adversaries to begin his sixth WWE Title reign.

Then, at Hell in a Cell, WWE’s Apex Predator remained at the top of Raw’s food chain when he made the calculating Sheamus taste cold, unforgiving steel inside the demonic structure after which the event is named.

Thanks to interference by season two NXT Rookies Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty, Cena fell to Barrett that same night, with match stipulations mandating that he join The Nexus. At first, Cena resisted, vowing to use his new status as a member of The Nexus to destroy the group from within. However, Raw’s anonymous General Manager held Cena to his word: If Cena attempts to lash out against The Nexus in any way moving forward, his WWE contract will be terminated.

Although Cena’s ideals might clash with those of his Nexus cohorts, the group has already benefited from his enlistment. As the biggest wolf in Barrett’s ravenous pack, Cena was instrumental in helping Barrett earn the No. 1 contendership to the WWE Title in a Battle Royal just moments after his induction. (PHOTOS)

Can The Viper overcome Barrett with his longtime rival, Cena, standing in the opposite corner? Or will Cena aid his nefarious new leader in The Nexus’ quest for total domination of WWE? To find out, tune in to WWE Bragging Rights, Oct. 24, only on pay-per-view.​

John Cena took one for The Nexus and allowed Barrett to win the battle royal and become the number 1 contender to the WWE Championship and that match will take place at Bragging Rights.

JJ

I have no idea what to expect from this. At the end of Raw Cole asked if Orton was the WWEs last hope, so I wonder if he will have a long story with the Nexus.

I have no doubt that the story and emotion in this match is going to be great - amazing, even. This Cena/Nexus storyline is already awesome, and with the WWE Championship thrown into the mix, along with Cena being forced to aid Barrett or risk getting fired, this has the potential to be a match and storyline to remember for years and years to come.

However, as far as the in-ring action, I'm not sure this is going to be very good. Orton worked terribly with Sheamus and Barrett isn't much different, really. This match will potentially be a massive disappointment in the ring - and hopefully it will open peoples' eyes to the fact that Cena is just so much better than Orton. ;)

I want Barrett to win this. While I'm not exactly an Orton "hater", I just don't find him interesting with the title. If the Nexus/Cena storyline really heats up in the coming weeks, I could foresee Barrett winning the championship through Cena's forced help. I'd love to see that. Barrett is a fresh face and perhaps if he keeps the title this could only sow more seeds of discontent through Nexus who slowly begin to hold grudges against their former leader. After they disband, Cena could somehow get out of Nexus and challenge Barrett for the title.

This match has mounds of potential. hopefully they don't waste it.

I'm going to be a bit off topic , but everything I predicted so far has been right so I'm guessing cena will help Barrett win .. Cena is going to convince nexus that he's a heel , then cena's masterplan will come into effect .. He's going to secretly make nexus turn against each other , some will side with Cena some will side with Barrett .. Cena will get fired soon after and Vince mcmahan ( however you spell it ) will come back and get vengeance on nexus by re hiring cena .. He wouldn't be apart of nexus and nexus will be feuding with each other and cena will crush them .

However it goes down, I think in the end, Nexus will come to an end. As much as I'd like to see Cena turn on the fans and side with Nexus, I don't see it happening. This will make for an interesting storyline over the next few weeks I'm sure, and I see Wade Barrett winning the title.

I really like where the Cena/Nexus program is going, I think this is a way for WWE to redeem themselves after they botched JBL/Michaels by not giving JBL a title run. Having HBK screw JBL out of the title ruined it. I love how Cena played the role of body guard and thworting all opposers. I hope they have Cena help Barrett win the title. I hope they build up Orton into this died rather than RKOing everyone in sight. I like to think this has potential to be a great fued/story.

Not sure how good of a match this is going to be. Not getting my expectations up for it either. At least we aren't seeing Orton/Sheamus again and Barrett looked really good last night, he really is the real deal. I don't think Orton will drop the title just yet, if the rumors are true that Nexus will disband soon, I think Cena will screw Barrett out of the title somehow, then they have a big final confrontation at Survivor series where it all ends. Though I do love the direction they are going now, I seriously thought the Nexus angle would have been over by now, but glad the writers gave it another breath of fresh air by having Cena added to it.

I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THIS STORYLINE RIGHT NOW, MAYBE THE BEST STORYLINE IN WWE IN YEARS.

BARRETT NOW CONTROLLING CENA HAS THIS VERY INTERESTING, AT BRAGGING RIGHTS ORTON RETAINS THE TITLE, BUT THE ANGLE BETWEEN CENA AND NEXUS CONTINUES, MAYBE CENA WILL TRY TO HELP BARRETT WIN, BUT IN THE PLAY THE THING CAN BACKFIRE ON BARRETT, AND MAKE CENA LOOK LIKE HE TRIED TO HELP WADE, THUS HE DOESN'T GET FIRED AND THE STORY CONTINUES.

I hope this goes all the way to 'Mania. I'm not sure it could, or if they'd want Barrett headlining Mania, but why not? I'd love to see Barrett/Orton go back and fourth with the title for a bit with Barrett finally winning away with it. Then maybe have Miz cash in, get his cash in out of the way and leave that feud with Barrett on top. Then finally have Cena break free from Nexus or even more interesting have Nexus beat down Cena sometime in the future, have him leave injured, come back for the Royal Rumble to win it and face Barrett at Mania.

Either way it probably wouldn't work because having Cena out of the picture for a month or 2 might hurt and if instead you just keep him in there I think this plot of him being dragged around and forced to do whatever Nexus wants him to would get old by Mania, real old.

Still, this is gold.

I really hope Barrett grabs the title. For starters, he is the biggest asshole in the WWE right now. He also has solidified his main event spot with the match with Cena at the PPV. When Cena beats Barrett for the title, the crowd is going to piss their pants. That match will be huge and I am expecting it to be a Loser Leaves Town match.

Orton didn't exist on Raw until the last 2 minutes of the show. I think the odds of the belt going to Wade is VERY high. That and Orton has been a completely uninteresting babyface and it is always the guy who has the belt that gets the blame for poor ratings.

I like the idea of Cena being Nexus and Barrett getting the title shot. But are we all forgetting that Barrett said there has always been a bigger plan in motion? What if the bigger plan wasn't Barrett getting the title. What if the bigger plan was the mystery mastermind getting the title? Think about this for the storyline. Barrett vs Orton at Bragging Rights. Doesn't matter who wins. The Miz cashes in his contract, revealing that he was the "bigger picture" Nexus was talking about. He gets over on a couple of different things. First of all, he wins the WWE Title. Second of all, he has Cena (the man he's been trying to top for over a year now) under his control. Third, the PPV itself is called Bragging Rights. What better name for an event where The Miz wins the title.

I like the idea of Cena being Nexus and Barrett getting the title shot. But are we all forgetting that Barrett said there has always been a bigger plan in motion? What if the bigger plan wasn't Barrett getting the title. What if the bigger plan was the mystery mastermind getting the title? Think about this for the storyline. Barrett vs Orton at Bragging Rights. Doesn't matter who wins. The Miz cashes in his contract, revealing that he was the "bigger picture" Nexus was talking about. He gets over on a couple of different things. First of all, he wins the WWE Title. Second of all, he has Cena (the man he's been trying to top for over a year now) under his control. Third, the PPV itself is called Bragging Rights. What better name for an event where The Miz wins the title.

No Offense but...OH MY GOD! Seriously, why can't Wade Barrett be the Mastermind behind Nexus and there not be some outside influence controlling them? Didn't anyone even notice that all they've said is that there is a master plan? They've made no hint what-so-ever to there being a Mystery Person pulling the strings. And you know what, I'm happy about that because it gives the Nexus more credibility that they know what there doing.

Anyway, I see Barrett winning this title but I want to mention something that Michael Cole...err...the GM said. "Wade Barrett is clearly the leader of Nexus so you must obey his orders," or something like that. I think that Cena's gonna try and get buddy-buddy with the Nexus that way he can rise to the top and once he's shown that he's the leader and not Barrett he'll turn on the Nexus completely, beat down Wade Barrett, and disband the Nexus.

Or this could just be from the fact I'm tired and it's 1 am...

I have high hopes for this match. I think Wade Barrett and Randy Orton are the two most talented guys on Raw (that's right...I said it).

Will this match be fast-paced? No, it's going to be a slower, more methodical match (sorry, spot-monkeys). These are the kinds of matches I really like; an intense, grind-it-out brawl, with some good mat wrestling as well. I wish Orton had the opportunity to feud with NEXUS on his own, but I'll take what I can get.

I know some of you new-found Orton-haters don't like this, but oh well. You're forgetting something very important; Randy Orton didn't choose to be a face. WWE didn't tell/ask Orton to be a face. The fans chose Orton's path. They began to cheer for the most despicable heel out there. Why? Because he's talented. So you can piss and moan all you want about him being "uninteresting" or "boring," but the bottom line is, he didn't ask for it. Do I find him more interesting as a heel? Yes, but this is what happens when fans cheer for a heel.

Too early IMO.

I think they should have saved Barrett vs. Orton at Wrestlemania with Barrett winning the Rumble with the help of Nexus and maybe even Cena. For now build the tension with Cena/Barrett and Orton working a program with the Miz.

No doubt this will be an interesting program but with this match being so early its actually very foggy in where Wrestlemania is headed (which is probably a good thing).

Here's my theory...

Cena will continue with his "I'm only doing it so I won't get fired" routine, but the kids slowly start turning on him (or they just put boos in over the loudspeaker, whatever it takes) and Cena will feel betrayed. He'll become jealous of Randy Orton because the fans have embraced him. And will gladly help Barrett win. The next night on Raw, he will give a promo saying how he always loved his fans and did everything for them, but they were so quick to turn their backs on him. But now he sees them for what they truly are.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm crossing my fingers. :)

I really want to see Barrett win the title here.

What I will be looking for to happen here is have Cena turn heel. Have he last minute help Barrett win the title. Somehow the ref gets knocked down he jumps in the ring to help Orton up then hits him with the AA giving Barrett the win. I think even with the he must obey Barrett rule it wouldn't be a order cause he was acting on his own.

Sorry to diasagree with most of the posters but I don't think Barrett is winning at Bragging Rights. Randy Orton has build up too much momentum in the past month to be stopped by Barrett. Unless Cena interfers on behalf of him I can't see no other outcome than have Randy Orton retain the championship at Bragging Rights. Another thing to have in mind is the Miz who may cash in at this PPV.

Well this is certainly awesome. Wade Barrett kinda needs a single hand match. Especially one to capitalize off the fact that he just defeated John Cena. He has the potential to make it work now, and WWE needs to capitalize on this very moment of Wade Barrett's career, this very moment of Nexus to be more exact as well.

This match is bound to be good in some manner. Looking at how John Cena and Wade Barrett thrived with each other at Hell in a Cell, I'm sure that Wade should be able to make a good match out of Randy Orton. And it's needed considering he isn't exactly the greatest thing going right now in terms of great matches.

Also, I quite frankly couldn't care who won this match. I believe Randy shouldn't loose the championship this early in his title reign. However, I feel that Wade Barrett could make work of a championship reign right now. Especially to capitalize on all the things going on around Wade. A John Cena forced interference perhaps? One must only figure that would make sense - Why keep him off the Pay Per View? I don't see him getting a singles match as a part of Nexus.

Ok, let me just say how fucking happy I am that Wade is number 1 contender for the WWE championship. With that out of the way, It's time to talk about the match.

This match is one I'm stoked for, mostly on account of Barrett being number 1 contender. The match it self should be quite good. Barrett is solid and Orton's good too (when he tries). But the real selling point of the match is the story behind it. Wade Barrett's been going on an unstopable path of distruction, and the one man who had the balls to fight against them has become one of them, and now Wade Barrett the master of mayhem has a title shot against the only ME babyface left. The Viper is WWE's last chance to stop the Nexus. The last man standing between Wade Barrett and the pinnacle of Sports Entertainment. In short, Randy orton is WWE's last hope.

WWE's fucked come Bragging Rights. Because this is the time for Barrett to win. (of course I'm going to be wrong again as I have been every time I've predicted Barrett's PPV matches.)

I really don't see any alternative to Barrett winning, but I don't want him to win it this quickly. I'd almost like to see this drag out a little bit, maybe by Cena 'accidentally' costing Barrett the match, Cena gets a few beatdowns as punishment since they still need him, then have Barrett win at Survivor Series or something.

This is one that I can see Barrett winning but I don't feel he should. I have real high hopes for Wade Barrett as a representative of British Wrestling. He would be the first British World Champion in a Major Promotion in the USA were he to win this BUT I don't feel he should. If Randy Orton truly is the last line of defence for the WWE, then Orton should win.

I'm not an Orton fan, but I'm not an Orton hater either but he should win this for the storyline. He's the last person Barrett and Nexus need to conquer in order to take the WWE to the brink, and I feel that Bragging Rights is too soon into this story for Wade to be given the championship. I hope we see him lift the title at some point but not at Bragging Rights.

Prediction: Your Winner & STILL WWE Champion: Randy Orton!

This should be a cracking match and something that Wade Barrett needs.

Since John Cena joined The Nexus, it has seen a rejuvenation of sorts. People are talking about The Nexus again and that is the best thing that could happen for Wade Barrett’s push.

Barrett has long since been the most promising thing in The Nexus and giving him this match is about right for him at this point. He needed to incorporate his feud with Cena into the run at the Championship and that is exactly what has happened. To me, the WWE have to get some credit for making this match quite so soon. I had thought that we would be waiting for Barrett’s opportunity at the title for a long time. However, I think now is the opportune time to have him face the Champion.

With John Cena in his corner, I don’t really see how Wade Barrett is not going to come away with the Championship. We have already heard reports about the WWE souring on a Randy Orton Championship reign and I think now is the time to take the Championship from him, if they are indeed having second thoughts.

We all know how it is going to go down, don’t we? Cena is going to be ordered to help Barrett win the WWE Championship and either he is going to do just that. Or, he will go against Barrett and allow Randy Orton to keep the Championship as he lines himself up for the “firing” angle. Personally, I just see it being Barrett’s time and I have a crafty feeling that he is the one who is going to be walking out of Bragging Rights as WWE Champion.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MAN. Ten times as interesting if Cena is forced to somehow help him, wether on purpose, or by accident, or by "accident" lulz. There is such a load of interesting ways this could go.

Which means in true WWE fashion, Cena will somehow cost Barrett the match, RKO comes out of nowere with an amazing "unexpected" win, and the kiddies go home happy.

Barret is not going to win, the ending of the match will be same as john bradshaw vs john cena match for world title in which hbk was in jbl's corner, When refree will be distracted by nexus or will get injured then Barret will order cena to adjust the attitude of the viper, when randy gets laid out, cena will be pissed at barret and give him the attitude adjustment, the same way hbk laid both jbl and cena out, cena will place barret's hand on orton and leave and referee will do a slow count and orton will kick out and then RKO RKO RKO... end

Barret is not going to win, the ending of the match will be same as john bradshaw vs john cena match for world title in which hbk was in jbl's corner, When refree will be distracted by nexus or will get injured then Barret will order cena to adjust the attitude of the viper, when randy gets laid out, cena will be pissed at barret and give him the attitude adjustment, the same way hbk laid both jbl and cena out, cena will place barret's hand on orton and leave and referee will do a slow count and orton will kick out and then RKO RKO RKO... end

AAing Barrett would get him fired, not likely to happen yet. If Barrett instructs him to help (which he'd be stupid not to do), then AAing him would count as "not being helpful" = disobeying Barrett = firing. John Cena lost his chance at the WWE championship because of Barrett's orders. He's not going to AA him yet. Not until there's a valid reason for it.

As for the match, Barrett should win it. If, as was suggested during the Battle Royale Cena is ordered to help Barrett and he loses, that would count as disobeying Barrett which means Cena loses his WWE contract. That means that Barrett has to win (likely with the help of Cena). Which being a Barrett mark would please me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back