Wrestlemania XXIX Feedback/Review Thread *KEEP IT ALL IN HERE*

(New to the forum, first post.)

The Rock vs John Cena: The first 15 minutes was bland. Felt very emotionless and the intensity level was very low. The crowd being tired doesn't help and they looked dead for a good amount of time. Cena getting boo'd was heard for those who were there live. The Rock looked out of it, according to my brother he was noticing Cena talking through the match, so could it be that he was calling the match? The match picked up for the false finishes, the match ending came out of nowhere, and I thought that Cena doing the throwback to last year's Mania ending should've been the finish.

I wish they had some interviews or backstage segments instead of just having all promos for the main event and WWE's sponsors.

I enjoyed watching Mania this year as usual. Was in the middle compared to other Wrestlemanias.
Rating: 6/10

Welcome to the WZ forum...

Regarding Cena talking, I thought I might have caught some of it. I'll have to go back and re-watch. Last year, Rock talked a lot, at one point saying "Want to do a DDT?" to Cena. As for Cena doing the throw back from last year, I'm assuming you're referring to spot where he almost did the People's Elbow? I actually wanted him to win with the People's Elbow and here's why: If he did, he would have been a heel. Cena winning by mocking Rock? Not only would he have been booed out of the building but he would have immediately turned heel even if he did nothing else but walk back to the locker room.

Welcome to the WZ forum...

Regarding Cena talking, I thought I might have caught some of it. I'll have to go back and re-watch. Last year, Rock talked a lot, at one point saying "Want to do a DDT?" to Cena. As for Cena doing the throw back from last year, I'm assuming you're referring to spot where he almost did the People's Elbow? I actually wanted him to win with the People's Elbow and here's why: If he did, he would have been a heel. Cena winning by mocking Rock? Not only would he have been booed out of the building but he would have immediately turned heel even if he did nothing else but walk back to the locker room.

I would've loved seeing Cena turning heel, but he's been saying that he'll never turn, which is sad since I would've loved seeing it last night. Plenty of opportunities.

Another thing that ruined the match for me, was how Cena reacted to being booed. He'll never turn heel, but the beginning of the match he would do a move creating a negative response to the crowd, and he would look at them in an arrogant way. If he was indeed a heel this would be a great move, but instead all he did was slow the match down awkwardly.

I would've loved seeing Cena turning heel, but he's been saying that he'll never turn, which is sad since I would've loved seeing it last night. Plenty of opportunities.

Another thing that ruined the match for me, was how Cena reacted to being booed. He'll never turn heel, but the beginning of the match he would do a move creating a negative response to the crowd, and he would look at them in an arrogant way. If he was indeed a heel this would be a great move, but instead all he did was slow the match down awkwardly.

Yeah good point it's almost like he was doing heel moves, mocking the fans, but then trying to stay face. That's why it looked awkward and you're right, it slowed things down.

Worst one I remember. At least IX (the one everyone seems to hate) built story lines Hogan/Yokozuna Perfect/Michaels/Luger Luger/Hart Continued the fued with Undertaker and Gonzalez.. This one did NOTHING like that.

What were you guys expecting this WrestleMania would be? I knew the second I seen CM Punk V John Cena on Raw a few weeks ago that no match on the card of Mania would top that. You guys keep talking about business without knowing business. Pissing off your hardcore fans to get one or two bumps a year in revenue is not good business. It's what's killing the storylines & undercutting the talent that should be on the show. If the WWE played fair to the talent we'd have the likes of Kurt Angle back & if the WWE played fair to the hardcore fans we'd get something that could compete with the Attitude Era. Wrestling is about rebellion. People make fun of us for watching it & yet their trying to act sophisticated with the Anti-Bullying & Special Olympics. No disrespect intended for those two organizations but they don't fit the persona of "Sports Entertainment"

I just don't get all the hate this show is getting at all. Was it the greatest mania ever? no. But it was far from the worst. Maybe a lot of you expected some more surprises but for what the card was I would say it delivered as promised. I'll admit I expected more from ADR/Swag and Henry/Ryback but considering the time restraints they were apparently under I thought both matches were pretty decent.

The results of the top 3 matches were pretty much apparent to everyone before the event but they were still good. Knowing who is going to win doesn't make it a bad match, it's just harder to impress. Punk/Taker and Brock/HHH were both great and Cena/Rock was good, Don't try to tell me they weren't. You would be more pissed if Punk or Rock won.

The only really bad match IMO was Jericho/Fandango which is sad since I love Y2J but even this was better than a lot of other garbage matches we usually get as WM filler. The brodus match got lobbed off so I don't think theres too much you can really complain about.

Looking back at the card theres 4 matches I would call "good", one was "bad", and three were "really good, great, or excellent". Pre show match was pretty good as well if you're counting that. Otherwise there wasn't a divas match, no dance contest, no giant mid card tag match, and minimal filler. If this was anything but mania this is called a good PPV but compared to the big shows of the past it's average at worst. There isn't anything wrong with that.

It did have that "put together at last minute" feel to it.

I was expecting some better entrances.

Although I have to admit to going completely nuts for CM Punk's!!!

I've been one of the biggest Living Colour fans since Vivid came out!!
The boys sound as good as ever!!

The whole thing with Rock made me think one thing:
Was this his last WrestleMania appearance as a wrestler?

He'll always have a love the business,BUT he can make millions of dollars for every film he does.
I got the feeing he might have wrestled his last mania match.

...But he is a good guy at the end of the day. He wins clean, doesn't cheat. Has Hulk Hogan like come backs. He's the ultimate face. And I boo him because I don't like his cheesy, stale character. And the fact that he works you into booing more is bullshit. He's definitely embraced it, but what else could he do? He'd look like a bad guy if he shitted on the fans opinions so when they boo him he just stands there and accepts it with a stupid grin on his face. The Rock and Austin did pretty good with merch and media and they weren't this fruity pebble salute & smile bullshit.
Rock and Austin were in a different era. Teens were the targeted group at the time. Now the target group is children and children love Cena. So why would it make sense to turn him heel so the children wont like him anymore? WWE makes way more money from children than they do adults. I might buy a couple dvd's and shirts during a year but my little cousins and son will get that same amount of stuff in half the time. Kids are simple they cheer for who you tell them too. Cena does so much for make a wish foundation and so many kids look up to him as their role model. But the IWC wants Vince to destroy all the dreams of the little kids, take away their role model, and piss off all the kids that used their one wish to see him just so they can be happy that cena is a heel. Yep that sounds great for business. Vince doesnt care about the IWC he'd rather spend his time making the people that actually like wrestling happy instead of listening to a bunch of people that think they know everything and will find something wrong with anything you do

Rock and Austin were in a different era. Teens were the targeted group at the time. Now the target group is children and children love Cena. So why would it make sense to turn him heel so the children wont like him anymore? WWE makes way more money from children than they do adults. I might buy a couple dvd's and shirts during a year but my little cousins and son will get that same amount of stuff in half the time. Kids are simple they cheer for who you tell them too. Cena does so much for make a wish foundation and so many kids look up to him as their role model. But the IWC wants Vince to destroy all the dreams of the little kids, take away their role model, and piss off all the kids that used their one wish to see him just so they can be happy that cena is a heel. Yep that sounds great for business. Vince doesnt care about the IWC he'd rather spend his time making the people that actually like wrestling happy instead of listening to a bunch of people that think they know everything and will find something wrong with anything you do

I think it's too difficult to say WWE as a whole is targeted at a specific audience but if I had to say it was, then I agree, it's children in general.

However, I think it's moreso that each character is targeted at a specific segment of the audience. You can't tell me that this current heel CM Punk is targeted towards kids. Some kids might like him but he's more targeted towards the teens and older and the indie fans.

Then you take a guy like Kofi Kingston: He's targeted towards kids in general but some teens like him.

Orton: Targeted at teens but some kids like him.

Brodus Clay: Kids.

Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show vs. The Shield

Wasn't surprised about the ending, The Shield won me over after their win at TLC ppv, so I knew they would deliver, they have such good chemistry, I saw a turn, either Big Show or Orton, at least one turned, was kinda pissed Orton didn't RKO Sheamus. Overall, decent opener to a WrestleMania. 2/5

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

I think we all thought Ryback was going over big against a veteran, but Henry winning didn't really do anything for himself and Ryback suffered a WM debut loss. We didn't expect a technical masterpiece, it was supposed to be 2 big guys hurting and Henry had most offence. 1/5

Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston

The start of the match made me laugh a little, but no way was it going to be a quick match, but instead it was a simple straight forward tag team match with a simple ending. 2/5

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

Jericho can make anyone look good in less than 10 mins, and he kinda just did that for Fandango in this match. Fandango showed us in little time that he can go in the ring and nerves must have gotten to him. I always love a quick roll-up classic victory. 1.5/5

Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger

In probably the best match so far, that I didn't really care all that about, Del Rio beat Swagger with his cross-armbreaker submission hold. It didn't bode well for Swagger when his entrance, apparently, wasn't even shown. It's also worth noting that Zeb finally attacked the jews in his opening promo. This was a good, traditional "see-saw match up, back and forth" that saw Del Rio and Swagger reverse ankle lock into armbreaker and back into ankle lock, creating the best spot of the match. 2.5/5

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

The first GREAT match of the night saw two amazing entrances (Living Colour played Punk to the ring, Taker rose up out of the a fog-filled grave with tormented souls clawing at him) and a ton of action. Multiple close calls, some wonderful heel psychology from Punk and some incredible spots including - Anaconda Vice to Chokeslam to GTS to Tombstone. Punk kicked out of the first Tombstone and then Taker kicked out of an urn shot that Punk perpetrated when the ref was down. The top rope flying elbow to Taker on the table was still fun. Heyman was amazing, holding up the urn to give Punk "power" in the same way Paul Bearer used to do. In the end, Taker reversed himself out of the GTS and lifted Punk up for a second Tombstone and that was all she wrote. 3/5

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

The crowd was just watching it, perhaps intently. Hunter fought back, after receiving a ton of belly-to-back suplexes and getting put through the Spanish Announce Table, and locked the Kimura Lock on Lesnar. Lesnar was in the hold a long time, almost tapping. Heyman came in and tried to interfere but HBK, having already taken an F-5 that bloodied his nose, took out Paul with Sweet Chin Music. Lesnar then fought his way out of the hold and planted Triple H on the ring steps. It wasn't long after that though that Lesnar fell to a sledgehammer shot and a Pedigree on the steps. Hunter wins the rematch, but Lesnar looked strong. 3.5/5

The Rock vs. John Cena

Okay, again, this match wasn't as terrible as people were claiming it was on. And it really picked up at the end. That being said, there is such a thing as TOO MANY FINISHERS. Both Rock and Cena probably kicked out of 7,000 Rock Bottoms and AAs. Okay, maybe a hyperbole, but it was a lot. It started off slow, with some rest holds that garnered an actual "boring" chant, but then the second half got better when spinebusters and such. The best part, which still came too far from the actual finish, was when Cena looked to be doing the whole "taunting" thing again, going for a People's Elbow. The Rock popped up though, like last year, but Cena was ready and went for the AA. And The Rock STILL REVERSED IT INTO THE ROCK BOTTOM! But Cena kicked out. Fine overall, Just not what it could have been. As always, there were so many interesting directions they could have gone in, but didn't. I get myself worked up every year, knowing that very little of what I think would make things more engaging will happen. But it's still fun to think of them. 2.5/5

So I might get a little, but MY Match Of The Night was Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar.

WrestleMania 29. This is the Worst Wrestle-Fucking-Mania Eveeeeeer It hypes itself but it failed . Hell, WWE has been hyping it for months. The card was lousy and sloppy put together! No women's title? No US Title? No IC Title? What the hell ? Instead we have oldies winning over younger stars .

The problem with the fans is that there was no exciting pay off. Yeah, Cena won. Yeah, Triple H won. Yeah, Undertaker won. So WHAT? Unimpressive Cena wins all the time. Underfaker(beer belly flabbin, mascara wearin leather claddin) wins all the time. Triple H wins all the time. And hey, that's the hige problem. They never lose so Let them lose. What do WE get out of this? What were the potential INTERESTING consequences of those wins? Punk will move on, Rock will move on, Lesnar will move on. This impacted nothing, the wins didn't MEAN anything.

Y2Jerkiko who pays his loyalty to mc moron and is too scared to head to TNA to face off STING, Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, AJ Styles , Bully Ray and Jeff Hardy would rather job helplessly and put stars over why? Also, Fandango is a piece of shit and why he went over Jericho is beyond me. This gimmick will NEVER play out
Everyone in the fucking wrestling world is watching YOU (worst wrestling excrement) WHeelchairMania 29 where oldies still wrestle ! I am suprised you didn t add G*ydust vs Cody Rhodes and RIc Flair vs Antonio Cesaro? And this is the show you put out? This is the best you've got

Pathetic ppv ever last 3 wheelchairmanias sucked

You know what happened? CHA CHING! That's what happened. Vince knew he could book this kind of show and there was nothing you could do about it. Why? You already bought the damn thing. As far as he goes, he's done with you. See you next WrestleMania, you'll forget about it by then. Hell, you'll forget about it in a week, that's how shitty it was, for WM standards He will sucker all you wwe fans no matter what cause he ain't got competition I can assure if WCW was around we wouldn t have had this sloppy poor ppv it left me no taste at all I am glad I didn t order this garbage you see iN Canada we go to the bars and watch this ! Thank Goodness I suggest many of you get your refund cause this is 3/10 ppv only 2 good matches and the rest was to the excrement of my dog

wwe(worst wrestling excrement) Is the worst wheelchairmania I have ever seen. McMoron knows how to capitalize on profits CHA CHING! He gets his oldies Brock,Rock,HHH,Mark Henry,Kane,HBK,Y2Jerk ,(beer belly flabbin ,leather claddin mascara wearin underfaker and so on cause that is his only way he can gain PROFITSHIP he realizes UFC is a hige threat so getting back fans he lost cause most adverted and converted to UFC after he bought off WCW, he figures by getting the old stars he can stretch his wheelchairmanias he is trying so hard to get to the superbowl numbers lol

It is also sad that no titles ever changed hands except for john semen I am suprised there was no RIOT at MET LIFE stadium Rock to job to him to make the grown immature yabba dabba B**** happy! Pleeeeeeeeez
I am glad I didn t order this worst wrestling excrement wheelchairmania I went to a bar and watched it
Only 2 great matches CM Punk-underfaker and HHH-Lesner yet its sad why the oldies win and younger stars have to job!!!!
I am hoping all the stars in wwe that were not used Cody Rhodes,Kofi Kingston, Damian Sandow,Justin Gabriel,Drew McIntyre etc realize grow some nuts and get out of there cause wwe has a huge roster and they are underutilized hed to TNA where you can be noticed more and be used more
wheelchairmania had no excitement but excrement please no electricity
CHange the card for once mc moron stop being so predictable let Lesner WIN!
LET CM PUNK WIN! LET ROCK RETAIN ! Then lose it at Extreme Rulz!
Instead lets see
HHH (oldie) won over Lesner (young guy)
beer belly flabbin ,mascara wearin leather claddin won over CM PUNK =(oldie)
Mark Henry vs Ryback= Oldie winning
Tag team Oldies won over Ziggler and big E Langston
It was so predictable if perhaps mc moron can change the card that would help but he knows how to screw fans over he doesn t care now its time for TNA to step up the plate and get Ted Turner funding
Screw worst wrestling excrement I am done No Title matches like it used to be where on the wheelchair mania card ?
No womans title? No US TITLE? IC Title not shown on the event ? Why?
Why does WWE never take risks these days? For fuck's sake, the idea of WrestleMania was a risk itself! Ain't that ironic. Still, solid show in terms of matches. Zero pay off, zero memorability, zero excitement, zero care. It's a shame. WWE has some loyal fucks who love the crap out of them no matter WHAT and they take advantage of their passion time and time again. It's almost cruel to watch.

TNA LockDown was more eventful than anything WrestleMania brought us this year. I'll certainly remember LockDown a lot longer than I will this 'Mania. Things need to HAPPEN. If you'll rip off TNA rip off their guts. These guys take risks and don't give JACK SHIT about the consequences.

Lets review worst wrestling excrement wheelchairmania shall we ?

Randy Orton, Sheamus & The Big Show Vs The Shield
Decent opener . The big twist is yet another heel turn for The Big Slow & on the whole this match was completely fair , enjoyed the RKO spot though. 1/5

Hell No Vs Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston
I was very impressed with Big E, he has a very convincing 'big man' move set. The Dolph and Bryan bits were pretty good though lacking in number & the call back to last year was done well. However it's yet another poor match. 1/5 If they would have allowed them to win Tag Team titles would ve been a 5 * match

Mark Henry Vs Ryback
Shit ending, shit match, I hate fluke finishes. 0/5
Fandangoo Vs Chris Jericho
Sloppy and yet another terrible finish, you'd have thought they would make Fandangoo look more convincing in his debut match after putting so much reasources into his character. Jericho was awful jobbing as usual (Wake up call TNA Jerkiko ) and Fandangoo was never given a chance to get even slightly over with the crowd. 1/5Always putting talent over but in a short sloppy time this match didn t progress like CM Punk vs Jericho last year there was no build to make it really good!

Alberto Del Rio Vs Jack Swagger
A perfectly fine match with some nice submission exchanges, it was structured and paced fairly well and both men got their fair share of offence in. Very forgettable though, I forgot this match even happened until I looked at the results. 1.5/5
This is a youngest talent star of tomorrow and yet you job him to Del Rio if the title changed hands as it was supposed too would ve been 5 *

The Undertaker Vs CM Punk

This was a great match and had some nice near falls and exchanges but it doesn't come close to any of the previous 4 taker mania matches. In fact it may be the weakest Taker Mania match since Mark Henry in 06. 4/5
Yet another win for the beer belly flabbin, leather claddin mascara wearin who was out of shape and didn t put CM Punk over! CM Punk deserved the win right there your crippled Underfaker can barely move drinks beer 360 days a year get rid of that pot belly Mark !!!

HHH Vs Brock Lesnar
Some brutal spots but it somehow felt under developed, thought the finishing sequence was done very well. Went on about 5 minutes too long though & some of Lesnars 'psychotic moments' were a bit funny 4/5
John Cena Vs The Rock
Finisher Attempt, counter, finisher, rest hold. Repeat ad nauseum and you get a very dull and uninspired match. THE ONLY good part about it would be the call back to last years Mania, but other then that, it was easily the worst Mania main event in years. 1/5
John semen the crybaby of wwe who pouts and shouts and crys likes a baby cause he cannot accept loses ! Like Storm said in TNA this is life you win some and you lose some so man up Rock actually jobbed if I wear him I wouldn t !
A tepid & very forgettable show. Nothing of note really happened, the were too many crappy finishes & the matches in general were very average with none of them particularly coming out to shine. Props to WWE by resisting the urge of cheapening the night without any skits or anything cringe worthy, first show in ages where the were no points where I'd be embarrassed to watch this around a non-wrestling fan but overall, for Mania, it was really kind of shit. 4/10

The show wasn't bad but it did nothing for me.

There were good matches, not great matches, some odd choices for booking and nothing memorable happening. Best way to put it is it would be good for Over The Limit or something not Wrestlemania, it just didn't have thqt big event feel to it. I was not into The Rock and Cena and I didn't realize it until tonight but the million finisher kick outs is starting to piss me of because its so overused. Cena and The Rock was fine technically but it felt like I saw 6 finisher kick outs in one match, it just felt lazy to me, like they had the same match as last year but in reverse (I loved Cena's peoples elbow fake though).

It goes back to my last thread I made, part timers are good for buyrates but that's about it, no progression, no epic feel, just a quick bandaid to a broken leg. We did all this journey to wind up at square one again. I know I sound bitchy but I just wanna see some damn progression. No match tonight did anything for anyone except maybe Fandango.

This Wrestlemania felt like a roundabout, good but predictable and I've seen it before.

WrestleMania 29. This is the Worst Wrestle-Fucking-Mania Eveeeeeer It hypes itself but it failed . Hell, WWE has been hyping it for months. The card was lousy and sloppy put together! No women's title? No US Title? No IC Title? What the hell ? Instead we have oldies winning over younger stars .

The problem with the fans is that there was no exciting pay off. Yeah, Cena won. Yeah, Triple H won. Yeah, Undertaker won. So WHAT? Unimpressive Cena wins all the time. Underfaker(beer belly flabbin, mascara wearin leather claddin) wins all the time. Triple H wins all the time. And hey, that's the hige problem. They never lose so Let them lose. What do WE get out of this? What were the potential INTERESTING consequences of those wins? Punk will move on, Rock will move on, Lesnar will move on. This impacted nothing, the wins didn't MEAN anything.

Y2Jerkiko who pays his loyalty to mc moron and is too scared to head to TNA to face off STING, Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, AJ Styles , Bully Ray and Jeff Hardy would rather job helplessly and put stars over why? Also, Fandango is a piece of shit and why he went over Jericho is beyond me. This gimmick will NEVER play out
Everyone in the fucking wrestling world is watching YOU (worst wrestling excrement) WHeelchairMania 29 where oldies still wrestle ! I am suprised you didn t add G*ydust vs Cody Rhodes and RIc Flair vs Antonio Cesaro? And this is the show you put out? This is the best you've got

Pathetic ppv ever last 3 wheelchairmanias sucked

You know what happened? CHA CHING! That's what happened. Vince knew he could book this kind of show and there was nothing you could do about it. Why? You already bought the damn thing. As far as he goes, he's done with you. See you next WrestleMania, you'll forget about it by then. Hell, you'll forget about it in a week, that's how shitty it was, for WM standards He will sucker all you wwe fans no matter what cause he ain't got competition I can assure if WCW was around we wouldn t have had this sloppy poor ppv it left me no taste at all I am glad I didn t order this garbage you see iN Canada we go to the bars and watch this ! Thank Goodness I suggest many of you get your refund cause this is 3/10 ppv only 2 good matches and the rest was to the excrement of my dog

wwe(worst wrestling excrement) Is the worst wheelchairmania I have ever seen. McMoron knows how to capitalize on profits CHA CHING! He gets his oldies Brock,Rock,HHH,Mark Henry,Kane,HBK,Y2Jerk ,(beer belly flabbin ,leather claddin mascara wearin underfaker and so on cause that is his only way he can gain PROFITSHIP he realizes UFC is a hige threat so getting back fans he lost cause most adverted and converted to UFC after he bought off WCW, he figures by getting the old stars he can stretch his wheelchairmanias he is trying so hard to get to the superbowl numbers lol

It is also sad that no titles ever changed hands except for john semen I am suprised there was no RIOT at MET LIFE stadium Rock to job to him to make the grown immature yabba dabba B**** happy! Pleeeeeeeeez
I am glad I didn t order this worst wrestling excrement wheelchairmania I went to a bar and watched it
Only 2 great matches CM Punk-underfaker and HHH-Lesner yet its sad why the oldies win and younger stars have to job!!!!
I am hoping all the stars in wwe that were not used Cody Rhodes,Kofi Kingston, Damian Sandow,Justin Gabriel,Drew McIntyre etc realize grow some nuts and get out of there cause wwe has a huge roster and they are underutilized hed to TNA where you can be noticed more and be used more
wheelchairmania had no excitement but excrement please no electricity
CHange the card for once mc moron stop being so predictable let Lesner WIN!
LET CM PUNK WIN! LET ROCK RETAIN ! Then lose it at Extreme Rulz!
Instead lets see
HHH (oldie) won over Lesner (young guy)
beer belly flabbin ,mascara wearin leather claddin won over CM PUNK =(oldie)
Mark Henry vs Ryback= Oldie winning
Tag team Oldies won over Ziggler and big E Langston
It was so predictable if perhaps mc moron can change the card that would help but he knows how to screw fans over he doesn t care now its time for TNA to step up the plate and get Ted Turner funding
Screw worst wrestling excrement I am done No Title matches like it used to be where on the wheelchair mania card ?
No womans title? No US TITLE? IC Title not shown on the event ? Why?
Why does WWE never take risks these days? For fuck's sake, the idea of WrestleMania was a risk itself! Ain't that ironic. Still, solid show in terms of matches. Zero pay off, zero memorability, zero excitement, zero care. It's a shame. WWE has some loyal fucks who love the crap out of them no matter WHAT and they take advantage of their passion time and time again. It's almost cruel to watch.

TNA LockDown was more eventful than anything WrestleMania brought us this year. I'll certainly remember LockDown a lot longer than I will this 'Mania. Things need to HAPPEN. If you'll rip off TNA rip off their guts. These guys take risks and don't give JACK SHIT about the consequences.

ran this through google translate and got:

"I am TNA fanboy and wrestlemania went against my predictions so I am bitching. I will NEVER watch WWE again.

until tonight when i watch RAW then come online and try to impress the IWC with my hipster cool like rantings..."

google translate is epic

seriously though - to 90% of posters, get over it. just because you wanted DZ to cash in and Cena to turn heel and they didn't, doesn't make it worst WM ever.... ok?

After a significant time away from these forums, I'm back to give them one last chance. Funny, because that is all I am giving WWE after last night...

I've been a fan in some shape or form of WWE since 1993. Watched hardcore up until the WCW invasion angle in 2001 and never watched WWE again until the Punk "pipebomb" promo in 2011. Despite a lackluster 2012 and a terrible build to WM, I continued to watch WWE programming anyway. Even with all the impending signs of disaster, I (legally) watched Wrestlemania 29 last night with tempered expectations. It's a good thing I tempered them, because like most of you when I stopped watching I had a sour taste in my mouth and a big hole in my wallet.

I'm not going to go on the extreme and say the entire show was god-awful, because there were some bright spots here and there. Even though the outcome was predictable, Punk/Taker was, without question, the match of the night. Both competitors left everything they had in the ring and Punk will now get a well-deserved rest from in-ring action. I also enjoyed Jericho/Fandango more than I thought I would. I'm still not sold on Curtis' gimmick (though that isn't his fault or decision) but I'll give it a chance to see where it goes just like I did with Brodus Clay.

At least the mixed tag match didn't make the actual show. I don't think anybody gave two shitake mushrooms about that one. As far as "twice in a lifetime" goes, I was fine with Cena winning the belt for the millionth time. I've long since accepted the fact that Cena is the cash cow of the business and he needs to be at the top (or near it) to continue to sell merchandise to the kiddies. Not a fan of the way the match ended, but it wasn't a horrible match. I had mixed feelings on HHH/Brock II. The match was better than their first encounter at Summerslam last year, but the fact that HHH went over Brock is still idiotic. The whole reason Brock faced HHH last year was to atone for the absolutely idiotic decision to have Cena beat Brock at ER a few months prior and completely destroy his buildup.

As far as what sucked? Where do I begin... Henry over Ryback. Really? REALLY? Henry had nothing, NOTHING to gain from that match. He is on the downside of his career and Ryback really needed that victory last night. Yeah, he got the shell-shocked and even did the march around the ring. It was impressive; however the fact that Ryback lost makes the whole thing meaningless. He's still an 0-fer at PPVs. In the tag title match, I, along with many others, agree it is long past due to splitup team Hell No. They had a great run, but they have begun to get stale. The problem though, is that DZ and Big E had no business challenging for the tag belts. I guess keeping the belts on Bryan/Kane was the lesser of two evils so I can't complain that much. The other big thing I couldn't get over was the fact that both the IC and US titles were not featured or defended on the actual broadcast. I'm not sure who Castagnoli pissed off in the E', but not featuring him or the US title on the big stage at all was a huge slap in the face to him and a disappointment to many fans of pure wrestling.

Let's see, what else... The Shield went over clean which was great to continue their build, though I'm not sure what the payoff will be with that group. As far as the heel turn was concerned, why the Big Show? If it was a swerve, WWE swerved that automobile into a brick wall. Orton needs a new gimmick, persona, overhaul and last night was the perfect opportunity to make it happen. Instead we get the 100th turn for Big Show. Sigh.

Where does that leave me as a fan (and I'm sure many others?) Well, I've reached the breaking point with WWE. After a short spike in 2011 and 2012, we have slowly but surely digressed back to where things were before the "pipebomb" promo. The direction of the company is clear and I refuse to continue to watch the product in its current state unless several things happen on Raw tonight:
  1. Dolph Ziggler must cash in his MITB contract and win the WHC
  2. A major heel/face turn from a big name player (Big Show doesn't count)
  3. A big name player needs to make a return, ALA Brock Lesnar from last year

Anything less than that and I'm officially throwing my WWE fan passport in the fire. It's been a fun ride, but all good things come to an end sooner or later.

Lets review worst wrestling excrement wheelchairmania shall we ?

Randy Orton, Sheamus & The Big Show Vs The Shield
Decent opener . The big twist is yet another heel turn for The Big Slow & on the whole this match was completely fair , enjoyed the RKO spot though. 1/5

Hell No Vs Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston
I was very impressed with Big E, he has a very convincing 'big man' move set. The Dolph and Bryan bits were pretty good though lacking in number & the call back to last year was done well. However it's yet another poor match. 1/5 If they would have allowed them to win Tag Team titles would ve been a 5 * match

Mark Henry Vs Ryback
Shit ending, shit match, I hate fluke finishes. 0/5
Fandangoo Vs Chris Jericho
Sloppy and yet another terrible finish, you'd have thought they would make Fandangoo look more convincing in his debut match after putting so much reasources into his character. Jericho was awful jobbing as usual (Wake up call TNA Jerkiko ) and Fandangoo was never given a chance to get even slightly over with the crowd. 1/5Always putting talent over but in a short sloppy time this match didn t progress like CM Punk vs Jericho last year there was no build to make it really good!

Alberto Del Rio Vs Jack Swagger
A perfectly fine match with some nice submission exchanges, it was structured and paced fairly well and both men got their fair share of offence in. Very forgettable though, I forgot this match even happened until I looked at the results. 1.5/5
This is a youngest talent star of tomorrow and yet you job him to Del Rio if the title changed hands as it was supposed too would ve been 5 *

The Undertaker Vs CM Punk

This was a great match and had some nice near falls and exchanges but it doesn't come close to any of the previous 4 taker mania matches. In fact it may be the weakest Taker Mania match since Mark Henry in 06. 4/5
Yet another win for the beer belly flabbin, leather claddin mascara wearin who was out of shape and didn t put CM Punk over! CM Punk deserved the win right there your crippled Underfaker can barely move drinks beer 360 days a year get rid of that pot belly Mark !!!

HHH Vs Brock Lesnar
Some brutal spots but it somehow felt under developed, thought the finishing sequence was done very well. Went on about 5 minutes too long though & some of Lesnars 'psychotic moments' were a bit funny 4/5
John Cena Vs The Rock
Finisher Attempt, counter, finisher, rest hold. Repeat ad nauseum and you get a very dull and uninspired match. THE ONLY good part about it would be the call back to last years Mania, but other then that, it was easily the worst Mania main event in years. 1/5
John semen the crybaby of wwe who pouts and shouts and crys likes a baby cause he cannot accept loses ! Like Storm said in TNA this is life you win some and you lose some so man up Rock actually jobbed if I wear him I wouldn t !
A tepid & very forgettable show. Nothing of note really happened, the were too many crappy finishes & the matches in general were very average with none of them particularly coming out to shine. Props to WWE by resisting the urge of cheapening the night without any skits or anything cringe worthy, first show in ages where the were no points where I'd be embarrassed to watch this around a non-wrestling fan but overall, for Mania, it was really kind of shit. 4/10

The show wasn't bad but it did nothing for me.

There were good matches, not great matches, some odd choices for booking and nothing memorable happening. Best way to put it is it would be good for Over The Limit or something not Wrestlemania, it just didn't have thqt big event feel to it. I was not into The Rock and Cena and I didn't realize it until tonight but the million finisher kick outs is starting to piss me of because its so overused. Cena and The Rock was fine technically but it felt like I saw 6 finisher kick outs in one match, it just felt lazy to me, like they had the same match as last year but in reverse (I loved Cena's peoples elbow fake though).

It goes back to my last thread I made, part timers are good for buyrates but that's about it, no progression, no epic feel, just a quick bandaid to a broken leg. We did all this journey to wind up at square one again. I know I sound bitchy but I just wanna see some damn progression. No match tonight did anything for anyone except maybe Fandango.

This Wrestlemania felt like a roundabout, good but predictable and I've seen it before.

This has to be a joke....So your saying that the winners of the match dictate the match quality. This is the kind of stuff that makes me not like a lot of wrestling fans. The match wasnt good because the wrestlers I wanted to win didnt win is crybaby bs.

This topic is not about Wrestlemania so i hope it doesn't have to be moved and if so i apologize in advance.

Last night during Wrestlemania after their match both the Rock and Cena gave themselves a military salute after their match. My question is is this appropriate? I myself have never been in the military but have the upmost respect for the military having many family members who have served.

But somehow this rubs me the wrong way having 2 guys who were never in the military except for in movies actually giving themselves a military salute as if they served or earned that right. The military is all about respect and integrity Doesn't this in a way demean the military?

One thing is that this was done during both wrestlers supposedly breaking from the script and having a genuine moment of respect among themselves. How can you be genuine while still being fake?

I mean wtf was that was that GI Joe's Roadblock saluting the "Marine"? And don't give me this bs that when Cena is saluting he is making a tribute to the troops. I myself have nothing but the highest respect for the troops but, i would never give them a military salute them because that is an honor i myself have not earned. If your not in the military you should not be making salutes imo.

If we allow fake movie soldiers to salute themselves where does it end? Will taxi cab drivers and hotdog vendors start saluting themselves also then it will have no meaning at all.

Does anyone agree or disagree? Am i the only one this bothers somewhat?

Well, for one, I think everyone is too sensitive nowadays, and this post is doing nothing but feeding into that, but that's neither here nor there. I don't think it was inappropriate. It is not a sign of disrespect. In fact, whenever you see Cena oversees or with troops in the US, they all love him and hug onto him. Saluting is a gesture of respect. Cena respects the Rock now, as does the Rock respect Cena.

While saluting as such is mostly associated with various military around the world it's not like it's restricted to such. Boy scouts do it, police do it, The salvation army does it, etc. It's not disrespectful or anything for two dudes to salute each other or the fans, it's a sign of respect. Cena has been doing it as part of his entrance for years and has become a part of his character and It's how the WM moment came about. I really don't think anybody should be offended by it.

I know Marines who find it insulting when civilians salute. Cena doing it to the crowd out of respect is one thing. Doing it to the Rock and Vice Versa was just plain dumb. Judging by the look of the Rock, he thought it was dumb also.

I don't think it was simply a sign of respect to each other and it was defiantly not meant to disrespect the military. Plus as said before its part of Cena's gimmick that simple thats the only reason it was used

I am a Army veteran and the salute between Rock and Cena didnt bother me but it does bother me when John Cena Salutes indoors

Did anyone else feel that the ending of the Orton/Show/Sheamus vs The Shield match could have been a great moment to turn Randy heel? Instead they continued with Show playing the heel. Not that Show was a face for the match, more of a tweener.

Here's what I saw:

Sheamus was crawling for a hot tag from Show. Orton's arrogance had him tag Sheamus by tapping him on the head. Show, obviously frustrated with Orton's glory hound hot dog attitude, stepped back on the apron to allow the aphex predator his moment, although stolen. Then when Orton blew it, Show lost his cool decking both Sheamus and Orton.

What should have happened: Show should have gotten in Orton's face like what happened. Then when Sheamus intervened to seperate, Orton should have dropped him with an RKO. Show should have went for the knockout punch, Orton ducks and drops him with an RKO. If fans weren't sold on it as a heel turn, have Orton spit on them both and have the announcers sell it has him turning.

By the way, it irritated me to hear Cole state that Show turned on Sheamus and Orton. Show turned on Sheamus, sure, because he did nothing to deserve his knockout punch. In my opinion, Orton's arrogance began his heel turn when he stole the hot tag from Show. Show was justified in being pissed at Orton for stealing the moment. Orton's arrogance and attitude could have then propelled him into the heel turn. Also dropping Sheamus, a solid face, would help with the turn.

Not that I want Show to be a face, but this outcome was too predictable and we were left exactly where we were before Show/Orton/Sheamus fought The Shield.

ran this through google translate and got:

"I am TNA fanboy and wrestlemania went against my predictions so I am bitching. I will NEVER watch WWE again.

until tonight when i watch RAW then come online and try to impress the IWC with my hipster cool like rantings..."

google translate is epic

seriously though - to 90% of posters, get over it. just because you wanted DZ to cash in and Cena to turn heel and they didn't, doesn't make it worst WM ever.... ok?

Google translate this = I AM a worst wrestling excrement fan with the (wwe) universe and I worship mc moron and will be loyal and support him no matter how much money he suckers me out of me and all the wrestling fans cause ted Turner ain t around to defeat him again!

Before I write anything, I must admit that I only watched the pre show and the first two hours. Not because I was bored, but simply just tired and had work this morning (I live in London, so it was 2 by the time swagger and del rio were on).

I do, however, want to give my two cents worth. First off, in all honesty I really enjoyed The Miz vs Wade Barrett. I have always disliked Miz, and Barrett, but I was actually really entertained by the match. I enjoyed the ending as well, although I do think Miz botched the initial manouver, and as a result, when wade fell down I thought "douches". That being sai, the selling by both of them made me really interested when wade tapped. For the first time, I could see both of them being people I could enjoy watching each week.

The Shield versus big brogue viper was a clever match. From early on you could tell show was unhappy. One of my favourite superstars is randy orton, and I have also been one of those itching for him to turn. The ending was clever, though again let down in some part by a minor botch. Lets be honest, that KO punch on sheamus looked beyon silly. But man! The shield impressed te hell out of me. They're like a pack of wild dogs and are willing to take heavy bumps (that suicide dive was insane - and the RKO brought out the inner child in me... Followed by a spear that made me flinch!). I think/hope they sowed the seeds for very cool turn for randy. Cole I think was saying how randy had been the one to put himself out there and say they could trust show. I would love it for randy's turn to be about "how he can only trust, and look after himself". Not a heel, but definitely not a face.

Team hell no vs ziggler and big e I thought was alright - but in all honesty, meh, I just didn't care.

I thought that Mark Henry vs Ryback had the most logical result possible. Mark Henry stays a dominant heel, which is good - he really has suited that role in the past few years. It also got Ryback huge support, because omg he lifted Henry, and looked comfortable doing it - he is a monster and the fans loved it. Sure, a lot of people didn't like the finish. But in this way, both wrestlers came away looking strong. That's a win in my book.

This post is getting a little long now, so let me wrap up with the stuff that I didn't watch, but read the spoilers for. Evey match contained the most logical result. Taker won, of course - the streak shouldn't die. Del Rio won - of course, you don't want a "racist" winning at the big PPV, it is a time for heroes. HHH won - he is still looking in good shape Andes yet have a run or two left in him plus it was time for redeemption over Brock. Cena won. Well, duh. We have known that outcome for literally a year.

I'm okay with the results. I'm olay with the wrestling. I loved the setting. I guess I just think that in the end, I was left feeling a little disappointed. Where was that little extra in the name of mania? That thing that we wil talk about for the next year (wm 28 hhh vs taker, wm 12 HBK vs hart). It wasn't bad, it was actually quite good... I don't think it was the showcase of the immortals

I liked this Mania more than other have seemed to, but I do have to say it didn't exactly have that Mania feel to it. The Shield match was a good starter, but I have to be honest, I haven't fallen in love with The Shield yet. They are growing on me though. I really enjoyed Punk/Taker as well as HHH/Lesner. Rock/Cena was just ok this year. I am afraid to see what Mania is going to be like without the part time stars as they kind of made the show watchable for me this year. I did enjoy Del Rio/Swagger though. They put on a great match I thought, but I didn't like how Swagger's entrance got cut. It felt rushed this year, and I feel that was due to the unnecessary Diddy concert. I think the concert should be eliminated from Mania totally. Overall though I was not disappointed that I bought it, and I finished the show happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back