WrestleMania XXIV: Money In The Bank

I only see Kennedy winning the MITB briefcase if Cena wins the WWE Championship, after the match, Kennedy comes out but Cena retains, that would definitely "shock the world". :p

I agree with a few of the posts.. that it's pretty tedious to just throw the more talented mid carders into one giant ladder match. Maybe next year there should be a tournament in the weeks leading to 'Mania. Where the two winners get to fight in a one on one ladder match or something. I miss the old days where there was like 15 matches at a Wrestlemania. Of course I was really young in those days and all the wrestlers were someone to me.. maybe not to everyone.

After RAW on Monday, I have a feeling they maaaay give Kennedy the win in the MitB match and then try to put him over after the main event. If there is anything that would shock people, it would be that. While he did announce that he would cash it in immediately, I don't see them really building that up much more. I mean, they will probably downplay that largely in the next few weeks and keep inserting him in to high profile spots in the next few shows.

I really do hope that is the case at least. It would be a nice surprise in the end, i believe.

I also see a Jericho/Hardy feud coming after WM. They played the possibility of it up nicely on Raw this past week.

My only question is who will be the other four in the match. Could it be possible they have Kane in the match, he wins the MitB match and then cashes it in later in the night to defeat the Undertaker for the belt and end his 'mania win streak? A scenario like that I think would be absolutely wonderful. Kane could bring up later how he'd lost twice to 'Taker on the biggest stage of them all, but this was his chance for revenge after all these years. It could elevate Kane to the top spot that I feel he's deserved for years. It also would be an amazing honor for him, seeing as he is 'Taker's "bro." Just a thought...

My thoughts are this:

Would mainstream fans like an ending where Mr. Kennedy won the WWE title? We all know the IWC would love it since people here love Kennedy's mic work and abilities, but how many Wrestlemanias have been good that ended up with a heel walking out as top champion? So far, Wrestlemania 16 had the Fatal-4-Way with HHH winning, then WM 17 had Austin turning heel by joining Vince McMahon, which was an event big enough to happen at Wrestlemania, but did it leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth? At Wrestlemania 19, Booker T lost to HHH but it was a mid-card match, so the night ended with a face Brock Lesnar beating a heel Kurt Angle. Ever since, no Wrestlemania has ended with a heel leaving with either top title, even last year with Lashley as the ECW champion.

Would Vince shock the wrestling world by ending the night with a heel pulling what Edge did and winning the WWE title from a weakened HHH or Cena? Especially at Wrestlemania of all places? Orton can't pull a bitch move and get DQed, nor can he get counted out (most triple threat matches are noDQ\no countout) but if he got a quick win via RKO out of nowhere, then a bruised-up Jeff Hardy cashed in and got the win, would the fans like that as the end to Wrestlemania? Hogan got the impromptu title match win at Wrestlemania 9 beating Yokozuna after no one saw it coming, and the crowd went nuts despite Hogan being fresher that Yoko, who just wrestled an intense match with Bret Hart.

The only way I could see Wrestlemania 24 ending with Kennedy cashing in MitB to win the WWE title would be if the WWE title match was the mid-card match and the night ended with Undertaker's re-gaining of the World Heavyweight Championship. (Wrestlemania 20 ended with the WHC as well) I doubt the WWE would play up a rare Undertaker vs. Edge match only to have end in a DQ just to have Hardy or Kennedy win it afterwards. Plus, I don't see Vince booking to end the biggest PPV of the year with a mid-card heel raising the WWE title in the air.

(No he's not. He's just not ready, and he proved that at No Way Out thinking that hitting the Three Amigos as a face would be a smart move. He isn't main event material, because the ECW "Championship" is a curtain jerk. Punk will be in MITB and will have a good showing, but he'll end up like Shelton Benjamin the last three years - impressive MITB showing, always a bridesmaid and never a bride.)

I really don't think that it was CM Punk's individual decision to pull out the Three Amigos at No Way Out. And of course CM Punk will be involved with the ECW title at WrestleMania (either challenging or defending) and not the MITB match. CM Punk is absolutely main event material. However, fighting other talented wrestlers is a key factor for Punk. Throwing him in with the inexperienced or ridiculously larger wrestlers isn't what he needs. If you don't think Punk and Morrison had the best singles matches ECW has had in quite a while then you don't know talent. ECW needs to get back to that. Chavo isn't believable as ECW champ. Anyone can say what they want about how good of a wrestler he is and how he deserves a good title run after all these years, and I would agree with you, but he is not what ECW needs. By the way I wouldn't compare CM Punk with Shelton Benjamin. Although, Shelton is an incredible wrestler he has no gimmick. "Ain't no stopping me now". That is the silliest thing I've ever heard. You know what happened?...they found that music for him...then one day when they thought 'hey he needs something to build his character...what's an easy quick fix?'...oh yeah he should come out and say the same crap that his entrance music says'. The reason Benjamin is always a bridesmaid is because despite his incredible athletic ability, he has no spark as a character. I mean he still dresses the same as he did when he was with Charlie Haas who is now some long lost luchador (ha!). CM Punk is a curtain jerker? Sure he starts the show off sometimes, but has also been in more main event matches on both ECW and Smackdown than just about anybody. And just another reminder, the curtain doesn't always have to be 'jerked' back to know what's behind it. So says Shaw...

So as it stands right now according to WWE.com, we have 4 men slated for this match as of right now. Kennedy, Shelton, Jeff Hardy, and Y2J. Out of these four i can only really see Kennedy or Hardy winning it. Y2J I don't think has any chance since his return has more or less been a dud and he's not 1/2 as good as people expected him to be. Shelton I cannot see winning it primarly because he's on ECW... Would it propel his career? Probably not... Not while he's on ECW anyway... Kennedy I can see winning and going for the title at Wrestlemania, or I can see him holding it for a while and do something similar to Edge and cash it in at just the right time. I can also see Hardy winning it and cashing it at Backlash only to loose to the champ... My opinions could very well change of course as I doubt that it'll be just these four in the match...

Jake brought up a good point actually about Kane or someone big being in the match to help the smaller Jeff Hardy not break any bones in his body. As the first triangle ladder match at wm 16 included the first spot which saw Jeff executing a swanton from a huge ladder through a table, which just happened to land on the biggest guy in the match, Bubba Ray Dudley. And the same thing almost happened in TLC 4 where Jeff leg dropped Kane (biggest guy in the match) through a table. So, he brings up a good point. But, Umaga would have been the most preferable guy to have been in that position for this year's MITB match, which unfortunately won't be him because of his singles match with someone from sd! (obviously batista). So, it'll have to be Kane this year, who hasn't been in any kind of ladder match since the inaugural MITB match, like Jericho is doing this year (returning to MITB for the first time since the first MITB match).

I wouldn't mind seeing it be Kane if there is a big guy though. If memory serves me right, Kane did rather well in the first MITB match. Problem is one can only think that Kane will be involved with Big Daddy V and Mark Henry still. However if not then Kane will probably be in the match after winning a qualifying match... Probably Big Daddy V or Mark Henry since those seem to be Kane's only opponents nowadays. I did think of a rather commical what if though. Should Big Daddy V get into the match... Picture him climbing up the ladder... One thing that Big Daddy has over Kane is that he is just that much more cushion for guys like Hardy to land on from off the ladder.
I wouldn't mind seeing Shelton do some more insane things such as runn up the ladder and closelining someone off of it. Still thinkingthat was pretty insane the first time I saw it.

How is that gonna shock the world exactly? He said last night on raw thats what he was going to do, and honestly i think it means he wont win the match, because everyone will be expecting that. and the plans last year might have been for him to cash in this year at mania, but that was before he got hurt and got caught with his foot in his mouth about steroids. i dont think they are ready to give him that chance again and like someone said, a kennedy/y2j feud after mania about how they cost each other the match would be good for both of them.[/QUOTE]

yer but....if u look at raw this week....they made kennedy do the mike check on cena and if that iznt setting him up for wm a dunno wat is....a mean its predictable and they could be throwin a curve ball 2 make it look like kennedys gun win and cash it in at mania...but ....y else would they get him involved with the 3 main players...a guess well hav 2 wait in c if kennedy keeps messin wif hhh cena and ortan...if he doez hes gun win the mitb....if they just randomly drop it and hav him messn wif hardy or jericho.....well then hes not gun win it...lets just sit bak and watch!!!

Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Mr.Kennedy

Those 4 alone, would make this match awesome.

I think Kane, Montel Vontavious Porter, John Morrison and possibly The Great Khali(just a hunch)

I think Jericho takes the win here, unless Mvp is in the match, then i think he could win it. Mvp having the "Money in the Bank" gimmick would be great, his cocky character would suit it. And a good way too bring him too Main Event status.

yer but....if u look at raw this week....they made kennedy do the mike check on cena and if that iznt setting him up for wm a dunno wat is....a mean its predictable and they could be throwin a curve ball 2 make it look like kennedys gun win and cash it in at mania...but ....y else would they get him involved with the 3 main players...a guess well hav 2 wait in c if kennedy keeps messin wif hhh cena and ortan...if he doez hes gun win the mitb....if they just randomly drop it and hav him messn wif hardy or jericho.....well then hes not gun win it...lets just sit bak and watch!!!

how dose kennedy messing with cena or hhh or orton mean out bout him winning money in the bank think back to the rumble who looked like he was gonna win hardy and he didn't so how the hell would kennedy win for screwing with them but heres somthing they've bulit up everyone but jeff since they quilified so going off just that jeff will win so it looks like he acctully can do it and win the strap so if you build everyone else up then jeff beats up he'll look top dog then give him a winning streak just before the ppv before summerslam he wins then he can give matt his word and at summerslam wwe title vs us title winner take all now that would be great

Everybody thinks kennedy should cash the money in the bank on orton,trips, or john cena but i think kennedy should win the money in the bank then cash it on undertaker and end the streak it would be even better if he was named mr.mcmahon's son. Then the next night on raw vince has another money in the bank match and since kennedy already was the winner they replace him with umaga or batista and jeff hardy wins and cashes it on orton the winner of the triple threat match at wrestlemania now that would be awesome as heck.

Ok Isee It Being Jeff Hardy Vs Shelton Benjamin Vs Chris Jehrico Vs Mr Kennedy Vs Jbl Vs Kane........its Either Going To Be Jeff Or Kennedy Because Jeff Recent Push Could Reach Greater Heights If He Wins Mitb And Kennedy Because Of Last Years Win And Losing It......matt Or Mvp Will Not Be In It Cuz Matt Returned A Couple Of Days Ago And Attacked Mvp At A House Show Setting Them Up For Wrestlemania

Next week on Smackdown, Batista/MVP for U.S. Title - couple of things to look at:

1. Matt Hardy returns to cost MVP the Title and that making a chance for Umaga to beat Jeff for the I.C. & with Batista holding the U.S. Title then you will have Champion Vs. Champion in that Battle of the Brands (Batista/Umaga) at Mania along with MVP/Matt Hardy going at it singles bout or in the MITB Match

2. Umaga just plain interferes & costs Batista his shot & MVP/Matt Hardy U.S. Title match is set for Mania unless they decide to put them in the MITB Match anyway.

FOR ME - I Like #1, Jeff Hardy hasen't defended that I.C. Title since around Royal Rumble time in that shocking huge swanton ending against Orton but still I think they need to give Umaga something to go on I mean hey, to me he did put on a good show in that Chamber Match & a good heel on RAW but if only he had mic skills. So I'm going for Jeff to drop the I.C. Title & win the MITB match because I think this guys got a WWE Title coming to him soon.

As for the rest of the MITB Ladder Match, you already got Jeff Hardy, Kennedy, Jericho & Benjamin which is already awesome. I'll say MVP & Matt Hardy will join in along with CM Punk & John Morrison.

But on the other hand, JERICHO or HARDY should win too! Both guys need to be booked strong. I would love for the 2008 Draft to carry at least one of these guys to Smackdown! Actually, Jericho would greatly benefit from being away from the Raw politics!!!

Whoever wins this year's MITB will Not win the title. It has been to predicable the last couple of years that the guy who has the MITB would successfully cash it in. I could see Jericho winning MITB this year and having a feud with Triple H after he wins the belt, but Jericho will be the first not to successfully cash it in.

Other 4 guys
Look For: Morrison, Miz or Carlito, Kane, & The Great Khali (seems like there is always a guy that doesnt belong)

MITB - There are four spots left in the MITB match and these are the superstars I feel should take the spots to add more credibility to the match and make it more entertaining for everyone

Carlito - he had an awesome ladder match with Jeff Hardy on raw and I think he would put some good spots in the match, plus its better then seeing him in a tag match for the 3rd straight wrestlemania

Santino - him and carlito could team up in the match and santino could be used for all the comedy spots to make this match more entertaining

Chavo and CM Punk - I would have Chavo and CM Punk in a match for the ECW belt and somehow both men have there shoulders pinned for the 3 count. Forcing ECW GM to vacate the belt, that would give chavo and cmpunk the oppurtunity to be put in the MITB match and I think its better then having Chavo defend the belt against Punk for the 100th time at wrestlemania

MITB - Jeff Hardy, Y2J, Kennedy, Benjamin (Carlito, Santino, Chavo, CM Punk)

Carlito qualifies. I'm not sure why. WM wouuld be fine without him. And Cody Rhodes has been pushed harder as of late.

Is the roster that thin that they have to bulk it up with somebody as boring as Carlito? WWE appears to have forgotten how sloppy his ladder match with Jeff was.

So that makes it:

Hardy / Kennedy / Benjamin / Jericho / Carlito / (Empty) / (Empty) / (Empty)

I still have a feeling that two of those spots are going to Kane and Morrison, not sure about the other...maybe Elijah Burke, as he has absolutely nothing to do.

Doesn't matter, though, the edge still goes to Hardy and then Kennedy.

why in the world do they feel the need to just constantly THROW a bunch of guys at this event??? The last years MITB was an 8 man, and it was a peice of shit. That match was terrible, and a huge spot fest, and the spots werent even good. Its impossible to coordinate something good with that many guys. Just a lot of 2 or 3 guys fighting, and 5 guys laying on the ground for 5 minutes oversellin a clothesline or some gay shit. They should make this a 4 man match. It would make it higher profile, and of much more quality. Tell me a Jericho-Kennedy-Hardy_Benjamin MITB, wouldnt be way better than what we will end up getting? and you could probably get one or two more decent undercard matches out of the guys who wouldnt be involved out of this year. It stacks the mania card more heavily, and makes this match much higher profile and quality. The 8 man format sucks, and we will probably get another shit MITB. last years only entertaining spot is when Kennedy splashed swaggle off the ladder.

Thumbs down to 8 man format.

I don't think Kennedy will walk away with MITB this year, it would be like the WWE turning back the clock and repeating a storyline that was ment to happen and Kennedy is no John Cena.. i would expect Hardy to win the match, he should still be in the world title picture yet has to sit aside for cena, much like Edge 2 years ago when he was forced to have a match with Mick Foley instead of a rematch with Cena at WM.. He'll be in the title match at backlash garauntee it.. As for the other 3 spots.. definly Kane, i can't see him in any other fued going to wrestlemania, and if Kane is in there Big Daddy V/Henry/Khali will be there as well.. the more giants the merrier right.. and not sure about spot number 8.. i would say morrison but is ECW teasing a boring Miz V Morrison fued?? i hope not

I really hope they put in Kane, Burke, and Morrison. If they do that then this year's Bank match will be the best. Burke is highly under appreciated, he needs a push big time. I pray that they don't throw in Khali, that would simply RUIN this match. I think Kane and Burke are sure bets, at least I hope so. They'll probably throw in either Morrison or Khali, and right now Khali is the most logical choice, sadly.

Carlito qualifies. I'm not sure why. WM wouuld be fine without him. And Cody Rhodes has been pushed harder as of late.

Is the roster that thin that they have to bulk it up with somebody as boring as Carlito? WWE appears to have forgotten how sloppy his ladder match with Jeff was.

I think W.W.E. is remembering how great some of his Triple Threat matches with Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison have been. As well as Chris Jericho.

I think the next spots will definately go to John Morrison, and possibly C.M. Punk. Why? Because we've passed the point of having everyone in the match seen as a likely choice to ever win. Carlito? Shelton Benjamin? No, no chance what so ever. So why not add two more guys that would likely be great for ladder matches. I especially want John Morrison involved.

Anyways, I hope and I pray they don't put in Khali or Sentino. I'm really praying they put in Burke, Kane, and Morrison. Does anybody agree with me that's who they should put in?

why in the world do they feel the need to just constantly THROW a bunch of guys at this event???

I'm definatey sure the only reason its with Eight Superstars, is so they can allow for more undercard wrestlers (Carlito, Shelton Benjamin) to have a spot on the Wrestlemania card, without feeling neglected.

I'm all for a Raw v. Smackdown v. E.C.W. Battle Royal to have the remaining roster not currently in a match, battle it out in a 20 man match. But I agree that when its a match as High Profile as Money In The Bank, where the winner gets a World Heavyweight Championship opportunity, they truly need to place ONLY legit Superstars that have a decent chance of being seen as worthy.

The last years MITB was an 8 man, and it was a peice of shit. That match was terrible, and a huge spot fest, and the spots werent even good. Its impossible to coordinate something good with that many guys. Just a lot of 2 or 3 guys fighting, and 5 guys laying on the ground for 5 minutes oversellin a clothesline or some gay shit.

I completely agree that last year's MITB was shit. By far the worst of all of them, and because of everything you said. You had 2 or 3 guys fighting in the ring, when the other 5 were over selling being injured from a clothesline, or drop kick.

I also agree that its incredibly hard to coordinate anything with more than 4 guys. However, I think 6 guys is a perfect alternative. Four is almost too less, and 8 is way too much.

They should make this a 4 man match. It would make it higher profile, and of much more quality. Tell me a Jericho-Kennedy-Hardy_Benjamin MITB, wouldnt be way better than what we will end up getting? and you could probably get one or two more decent undercard matches out of the guys who wouldnt be involved out of this year.

The reason I don't like it being a Fatal Four Way set-up, is because its not unique. The Money In The Bank match has a unique feel to it, for being nothing more than your stereo-typical ladder match. As such, it needs a unique number of individuals. Perhaps thats why they even pushed it to 8, since NO other match around holds 8 Superstars. (short of it being a Tag Team match of some kind)

I agree that to be honest, Chris Jericho, Mr. Kennedy, Jeff Hardy and Shelton Benjamin would tear the house down. And you can only have so many names not currently being used, to be seen as worthy contenders. However, I think Carlito, and hopefully even John Morrison are great additions to the MITB match.. because each guy has the ability to be a threat off a ladder.

I want 6 guys, because I want the feeling in a ladder match with high risk spots like what we used to get with Edge/Christian v. Dudleyz v. Hardyz. I think thats why they have 6 guys filling the slot. Well, did, until the botched it with adding 2 more.

It stacks the mania card more heavily, and makes this match much higher profile and quality. The 8 man format sucks, and we will probably get another shit MITB. last years only entertaining spot is when Kennedy splashed swaggle off the ladder.

Thumbs down to 8 man format.

Look at what you're saying though. Would you truly wanna cut out the lesser guys. (Carlito for example) Only to place them into another match? What would it be. Carlito and Santino v. Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes. I definately would rather see the talented Carlito, at least hit 3 big moves in a ladder match.. than sit through a 5-10 minute match with him, along with the other 3.

To be honest, if John Morrison doesn't get in.. then I hope him and Miz defend the Tag Team Championships in some type of Triple Threat match against Jesse and Festus and Deuce and Domino, or a Tag Team Tormoil match. However, you and I both know W.W.E. likely won't have a single Tag Team match on their Mania card.

So I'd rather see Morrison, who has proven to be great in ladder matches, be entered in as another name.

The ONLY way this match will suck worse than last year's, is if they add in names like The Great Khali, or Mark Henry, or Big Daddy V. Guys you know damn well aren't climbing a ladder. So why should they even be involved.

Last year's sucked, because it was basically W.W.E. dropping the ball on a possible Edge v. Randy Orton classic. Which blew, in my opinion. That match could've stole the show. But no, they had to blow Edge away with a stupid injury angle, and waste Orton out into simply disappearing into the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back