Wrestlemania failed on every level from a fans perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask this. What is the point in turning Cena heel anyway? There is still going to be a 50/50 split in the crowd, regardless. For the assholes who currently boo him to start cheering him and then buy his t-shirts because they want to cheer the bad guy?

Except the ratings were up two years after the Benoit situation. Damn you aren't good at this. You are dealing with a 22 year old, remember?

aannndd now they're averaging a 3.0 in 2012, the lowest they've been on that entire chart. That's not Cenas fault though because Cena is perfect and a mega draw. You sound ridiculous. If Cena was such a draw he would Draw with or with out the belt.

It is? Then why did WCW work themselves into a hole? Could it be that they were trying to create edgy heels and tried to market them as being cool, while creating more and more ridiculous story lines to get fans to buy into it? It isn't the heels job to draw money, it's the faces... twas my point.

WCW had Goldberg and Sting as top faces. But NWO had the same drawing power as those guys.

Let me ask this. What is the point in turning Cena heel anyway? There is still going to be a 50/50 split in the crowd, regardless. For the assholes who currently boo him to start cheering him and then buy his t-shirts because they want to cheer the bad guy?

How about for the sole fucking purpose of it's not exactly what's gone on for a fucking decade now? If that alone isn't a good enough reason I don't know what the fuck is!

Faces need heels to draw, saying heels don't draw is incredibly unfair to heels. Flair drew as a heel, nWo drew as heels but even if you wanna say Rhodes or Sting drew not the bad guys that's fair but without the heels the faces don't draw. Heel is hated, face vanquishes heel, people watch to see face triumph over heel not to watch them wrestle a stack of bricks. Outside of the few mega stars faces drawing often depended on how good the heel was. Bret beating Owen draws, Bret beating a heel Barry Horowitz doesn't.

So Cena is only a draw when he's holding the WWE Title and with out him holding the belt people tune out even though he's there every fucking week?

The point of being the top draw is to be the champion. If Cena's not competing for the title fans don't seem to care. Wait, wait... are you suggesting that it's entirely Cena's fault that ratings drop or increase because there's no one else on his level? And the decrease in ratings couldn't possibly be contributed to lazy writing on creative's behalf, now could it :shrug:.

So, you expect Cena to draw the same amount when he's feuding with Johnny Ace as he would with Triple H?

Austin managed to feud with Vince and draw the same amount as he would draw feuding with Triple H or anyone else for that matter so ummm let me think about it. YES. If Cena is such a fucking draw he would draw no matter what.

aannndd now they're averaging a 3.0 in 2012, the lowest they've been on that entire chart. That's not Cenas fault though because Cena is perfect and a mega draw. You sound ridiculous. If Cena was such a draw he would Draw with or with out the belt.

I never mentioned the belt. I don't think I even referenced it. But I also don't blame Cena either. Considering just how much programming there is in the world, it would seem logical for ratings to go down. Not everyone watches professional wrestling or nothing. KB is an exception, not the rule. Plus three hours of Raw a week is just waaaaay too much in itself. Besides, I guarantee you more people watch him either to see him lose or win than not watch at all.

And people also haven't realized that the W/WWF/E has been, and always will be, a babyface dominated company. So please spare everyone the top Heel thing. The WWE doesn't do top, strong heels. When they do, it's very rare and never for a long time. Look at the reigns of the babyfaces, this is simple to figure out.

And it always has been and will be a New York, north east centered company.

There is no market that hate Cena more than the state of New York market.

I know. If Cena is on the card he should be able to draw, doesn't matter who the champion is.

:lmao:

If Cena's not in the world champion hunt, and is in a feud that gets less attention than the world title match, then Cena isn't the main focal point of the card now is he? Why should he be obligated to keep carrying WWE when they are trying to make new stars... unless you are saying that on one else on the roster is capable of making new stars other than Cena.

Austin managed to feud with Vince and draw the same amount as he would draw feuding with Triple H or anyone else for that matter so ummm let me think about it. YES. If Cena is such a fucking draw he would draw no matter what.

Except Vince was an evil son of a bitch.

Johnny Ace was shit and always has been.

That was the first time it had been done and the only time it was done right

:lmao:

If Cena's not in the world champion hunt, and is in a feud that gets less attention than the world title match, then Cena isn't the main focal point of the card now is he? Why should he be obligated to keep carrying WWE when they are trying to make new stars... unless you are saying that on one else on the roster is capable of making new stars other than Cena.

Less attention than a World title match? He main-evented PPVs over the WWE Championship.

When he was fueding with John Laurinaitis it was the main fued going into the PPV instead of the WWE Championship.

I never mentioned the belt. I don't think I even referenced it. But I also don't blame Cena either. Considering just how much programming there is in the world, it would seem logical for ratings to go down. Not everyone watches professional wrestling or nothing. KB is an exception, not the rule. Plus three hours of Raw a week is just waaaaay too much in itself. Besides, I guarantee you more people watch him either to see him lose or win than not watch at all.

More excuses how EVERYTHING is the problem except Cena.

In this thread I've seen everything from the economy, to benoit, to CM Punk, to the channel they're on being blamed and everything in between. You guys are just beyond special...the only thing that's somehow not the reason for the current state of wrestling is the face of the company.

The same Steve Austin who while top of the card from 1999 to his departure in 2002 saw yearly average ratings fall every year? :lmao:

ehx340.jpg

1999: 6.12
2000: 5.88
2001: 4.64
2002: 4.035

More excuses how EVERYTHING is the problem except Cena.

In this thread I've seen everything from the economy, to benoit, to CM Punk, to the channel they're on being blamed and everything in between. You guys are just beyond special...the only thing that's somehow not the reason for the current state of wrestling is the face of the company.

You also fail to pay attention to the fact that John Cena makes the most money in a company that is focused on making money. This is a fact.

The same Steve Austin who while top of the card from 1999 to his departure in 2002 saw yearly average ratings fall every year?

ehx340.jpg

1999: 6.12
2000: 5.88
2001: 4.64
2002: 4.035

WWE screwed up everything from the moment they bought WcW on. If you want to do it like this we would have to say that Hogan, The Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Cena, none of them are draws and ratings are a direct result of quality booking, storylines and feuds and have little to do with the actual roster.

WWE screwed up everything from the moment they bought WcW on. If you want to do it like this we would have to say that Hogan, The Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Cena, none of them are draws and ratings are a direct result of quality booking, storylines and feuds and have little to do with the actual roster.

And the 0.24 drop from 1999 to 2000 is because? WWE didn't acquire WCW until march 2001. Try again.

And the 0.4 drop from 1999 to 2000 is because? WWE didn't acquire WCW until march 2001. Try again.

so your argument is that every single wrestler ever basically isn't a draw since they've all wrestled from them - now pretty much? If so that's fine. Other wise please shut the fuck up.

so your argument is that every single wrestler ever basically isn't a draw since they've all wrestled from them - now pretty much? If so that's fine. Other wise please shut the fuck up.

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying your arguments against Cena being a draw are shit. Case in point, it's incredibly easy to turn them against Steve Austin. I mean, look at the graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back