Wrestlemania failed on every level from a fans perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same Steve Austin who while top of the card from 1999 to his departure in 2002 saw yearly average ratings fall every year? :lmao:

ehx340.jpg

1999: 6.12
2000: 5.88
2001: 4.64
2002: 4.035

Sorry, but that's a shit argument. Austin was out from late '99 through late 2000, and he was hardly the face of the company in 2002. More like less people watched once Austin was gone.

Wrestling =/= averages
Your argument was that ratings going down reflected poor wrestling, in this case, Cena. Good try, but again you fail.

learn to keep track of what you say.
Amusing

I told him he didn't understand how AVERAGES worked, not wrestling, you said I said wrestling, do you fucking get it yet?
Oh, so you just randomly made your statement, and it had nothing to do with anything else? Good try, but against you fail. Your entire argument was based around the original statement of ratings, which you then tried to leverage into a criticism against Cena. I rightly pointed out how amusing it was for you, who obviously doesn't understand pro wrestling, to accuse another of the same thing.

You're trying to play word games. Unfortunately for you, I'm far better at them.

Now you're just make wild speculations.
No, I'm showing that the argument of lower ratings means Cena isn't over is absurd, because not only does it not account for other variables, it also doesn't take into consideration ratings without Cena.

Again, you fail.

Ratings going down over the years with John Cena isn't speculation though, it's a fact. I know you hate it but it's still a fact - Deal with it.
I don't hate it at all, and it is a fact. But what's not a fact is WHY, and you claiming the reason is because of Cena is absurd when there are MANY more far more legitimate reasons.

The argument that the biggest draw in the company is responsible for a ratings decline during the incredible technological times we live in is beyond absurd.

Woooww. This is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever fucking heard EVER.
Then you clearly have not been reading your own posts.

So let me go ahead and use some "Sly" logic: You can't prove Cena is over because you don't know what ratings would be if Cena stayed off the show for 2 years.
I'm not the one trying to tie Cena to ratings though, see the difference? And while I know it was originally someone else's point, you latched onto it in an attempt to further your argument that Cena is not over.

You obviously weren't using "Sly" logic, because you weren't using any logic at all.

Coming up with non nonsensical arguments is real tough.
Obviously not, because you seem very good at it.

This is literally one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen someone try to pass off, as usual I couldn't even make it through your entire post because the amount of stupid I got hit with was more than I could take.
Yes, WE are the ones who are stupid for pointing out how your claim that the biggest draw in the company is not over is ridiculous.

That must be it. :lmao:
Sorry, you're too young to have seen any good wrestling for the most part. It's not rose colored glasses, the 80's and 90's were much better than what we have now.
It most certainly is rose colored glasses. There were parts of the 80s and early 90s in which the ring work was better. There was parts in the late 90s where the storylines were obviously more interesting.

But the storylines of today easily trump the storylines of the 80s and the ring work today is on a whole other level from the ring work of the Attitude Era. We have very good wrestling today.
Let's put this to the test shall we? I have a graph here.

ehx340.jpg

John Cena has been on Raw since 2005. Between '05 and the first half of '07 ratings remained relatively similar, if anything they increased. In the second half they dropped significantly. In 2008 the ratings bottomed out, and in 2009 increased significantly, before returning to late 2007 levels in 2010. In 2011 ratings dropped by less than 0.1, which I don't consider especially noteworthy. I don't have figures for 2012 and I cannot be bothered to find them.

In Cena's time on Raw there have been noticable drops on two occasions. One in 2007, fitting in exactly with the Benoit double murder suicide. The other in 2010, which followed an oddly high year, considering the ratings of the years immediately before and after it. Ratings dropping with John Cena is not a trend that can be determined looking at the numbers. They remain relatively similar or drop in isolated incidents.
Really now, there's no need to confuse him with facts or logic.
And still everyone throws ratings out there without knowing the slightest bit of what they actually represent.

And I'm a 30 something, the Attitude Era was a steaming pile of shit with just the right amount of good stuff on top to make it bearable.

Because details are too difficult, it's so much easier to insult based upon age.
Typical mark for McMahon that believes any reaction = a good reaction. It's just not true though.
I'll agree with you on this.

But a good reaction is a PAID reaction and that automatically = good. Pro wrestling is about money. John Cena and the WWE doesn't care if you are there to cheer him or boo him, as long as you pay to see him. And more people pay to watch John Cena than anyone else, and that's an indisputable fact.

By the way, you keep coming back to ratings. Why aren't you talking about revenues and profits? Isn't that a far better indication of how good a pro wrestler is than ratings? The WWE EXPLODED in merchandise sales, revenues and profits once John Cena reached the top. They suffered a setback after the economic crash of 2008, but have held steady ever since, at levels equivalent or higher than before Cena entered the scene.

The ratings argument which you've taken ownership of is incredibly ridiculous, for all the reasons that have been pointed out. The fact you think John Cena isn't over because people react to him is not only wrong, it's hilariously wrong. At the end of the day, as long as people care enough about John Cena to interact with him and pay money to do it, then John Cena is over.

So Cena is only a draw when he's holding the WWE Title and with out him holding the belt people tune out even though he's there every fucking week?
So the only factor in the increase or decrease of ratings is John Cena?
I know. If Cena is on the card he should be able to draw, doesn't matter who the champion is.

And he does draw. But he's not the only factor, which is what we've been saying forever.
In this thread I've seen everything from the economy, to benoit, to CM Punk, to the channel they're on being blamed and everything in between. You guys are just beyond special...the only thing that's somehow not the reason for the current state of wrestling is the face of the company.
Yes, our argument that ratings are a complex measurement of many different factors doesn't begin to compare to your argument of Cena is the only thing that matters.

Yes, we're the ones making the silly argument. :rolleyes:

Wow...one shirt from a year and a half ago. You sure did show us.

Moron.

Off topic @Sedated.

Are you alright man? Do you like need to talk about life or something? Did someone piss in your corn flakes?

I'm still trying to figure out how Cena isn't over? All of the women call him their boyfriend and all of the kids say that he's their hero. All the smarks pay to go boo him. That seems pretty over to me. Christian once said he doesn't care if you cheer his character or boo it as long as you react to it then he's happy. No body gets a better reacction then Cena

I'm still trying to figure out how Cena isn't over? All of the women call him their boyfriend and all of the kids say that he's their hero. All the smarks pay to go boo him. That seems pretty over to me. Christian once said he doesn't care if you cheer his character or boo it as long as you react to it then he's happy. No body gets a better reacction then Cena

Apparently if you don't do Austin like business you can't draw.

Oh yeah. That crowd is not entertained at all. And they just hate John Cena.

They fucking love Fandango though da da da dada da da da dada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back