Early Rumored Match Plans For WWE's WrestleMania 29 PPV

"Why does the Dragon Saga always have to be right?"

I despise you & look up at you at the same time.

Also, could you send me links of Stone Cold talking about returning?

Google it my fellow poster. You'll get thousands-upon-thousands of results. Even recently on YouTube he did a Q&A and spoke candidly about it. If he faces anybody, he wants to face CM Punk. CM Punk draws, Stone Cold draws, stick 'em in a ring together on a large platform and It'll draw big. Whether some people don't understand the purpose of it or not.

Undertaker and The Rock would sell this PPV to me right now. The Rock coming high off WM beating the only other guy around that could realistically have ended The Streak and the guy who's never lost at mania. Both guys have met, but never at mania and there is no seal on the chronicle of their matches and who came out as the better man. Would be one of the most entertaining feuds ever if done right.

[YOUTUBE]YjCEGYO8ETc[/YOUTUBE]

Jesus. What a card.

Rock vs Lesnar for the title is so weird though. It'll probably feel less weird if Lesnar is a regular enough guy to feel like a reasonable WWE Champion.

Oh boy we've got a year to go and

Rock vs Lesnar is already rumored as the Main Event? Sucks for everyone/anyone who's near the line for a main event push

Taker vs Cena... whats the stipulation on this match going to me? HIAC this year, No DQ last year, What could Cena vs Taker bring us? never give up vs never retire?

Austin vs Punk - Two sloppy wrestlers square off to prove what? No thank you, I'm not interested at all.

Seems like they're bringing back the Ruthless Agression/Early Smackdown brand split guys to make up for the "end" of the last remnants of the Attitude Era.

IMO, Austin/Punk wouldn't be worth it now that Punk is a face.

Taker/Cena should have replaced the second HBK/Taker match.

Undertaker should go now. He's at 20, 2 decades, a nice, round, even number.

Lesnar/Rock . . . I don't know why that needs to be for the title, but they dug themselves in that hole by getting Rock to say he wants the title, so the fans won't turn on him for going back to showing up every 8 months.

All in all, I think this is the year in which the WWE will finally reap the consequences of being too "picky" with who they've chosen to push over the past few years. When you've got guys like Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler who have been in the company for 5, 6 years with no real progress...You know you've got a problem.

Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler both are overrated. They are both nothing more than mid-carders.

And on topic Wrestlemnaia 29 card should be like :

The Rock vs Brock Lesnar (with Brock as WWE Champion, and WWE should bring back the Undisputed title design)

John Cena vs Randy Orton vs CM Punk (With Randy Orton as World Heavyweight Champion)

(Undertaker's Streak shouldn't be a part of Wrestlemania anymore. Streak has been the main focus of the last 5 Wrestlemanias and most people now know that streak won't end)

(Undertaker's Streak shouldn't be a part of Wrestlemania anymore. Streak has been the main focus of the last 5 Wrestlemanias and most people now know that streak won't end)
The rest of your post was ridiculous. But for this bit in particular, you have shown yourself to be an idiot of the highest order.

Brock vs. Rock has the most mainstream appeal. Wrestling fans are going to buy Mania anyway, but that main event is a huge attention grabber.

Seems like they're bringing back the Ruthless Agression/Early Smackdown brand split guys to make up for the "end" of the last remnants of the Attitude Era.

No, they're bringing back guys fans want to see. These guys sell tickets, PPV's, and anything else you can think of.

Brock vs. Rock has the most mainstream appeal. Wrestling fans are going to buy Mania anyway, but that main event is a huge attention grabber.

True, but Brock just came back, and Rock won't be around for quite some time. I don't know, just doesn't feel right. Doesn't feel like the best way to use both men. That's the biggest possible match they have right now, but I think something like Cena vs. Rock and Lesnar vs. Taker sells just as many PPV's.

No, they're bringing back guys fans want to see. These guys sell tickets, PPV's, and anything else you can think of.

True, but Brock just came back, and Rock won't be around for quite some time. I don't know, just doesn't feel right. Doesn't feel like the best way to use both men. That's the biggest possible match they have right now, but I think something like Cena vs. Rock and Lesnar vs. Taker sells just as many PPV's.

I agree. I would rather them hold off on Brock vs. Rock. Cena vs. Brock and Taker vs. Rock works. I mean hell, any combination of the four is going to be awesome. Add into the fact that Austin is floating a mini comeback, and you have good matches for him. Austin vs. Brock, Taker, Cena or Punk at Mania sells.

Honestly, it all depends on what type of number Mania eventually gets. I remember reading last year that Triple H was the guy behind the scenes trying to soften Vince up on bringing back guys as part time workers. If a Mania that featured Rock, Triple H, Taker, and Jericho (all part time guys at best) drew a huge number, then imagine what it'll do with Rock, Brock and Austin on the card.

Rock vs. Brock II is going to happen, whether you like it or not.

Casual fans *********e over The Rock and everything he does. They've a new found affection for Brock Lesnar now too because if you leave the WWE, do something cool like become UFC Heavyweight Champion and then come back, you deserve nothing but the best. And considering casual fans make up a lot more of the fanbase than say, us, yeah Brock vs. Rock is a lock. It'll draw bigger than anything else they can throw at us and It'd get what gives Vince McMahon a boner - mainstream attention.

I'd still buy Punk/Austin even if it was the only match they'd give me. I'd pay them twice just to see it.

Cenation™;3828566 said:
I sure wouldn't like to be the Undertaker if he has to face John Cena at Wrestlemania 29..

I know right... cause Cena has now lost, two Wrestlemania's in a row. And The Undertaker is undefeated at Wrestlemania. Jesus, I wonder who'll win?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Dragon Saga again.

Remind me sometime, I owe you an Easter egg.

I don't see Austin vs. Punk happening unless they're promoted as THE top match at Mania 29. If Austin didn't want to play second fiddle to Rock at this years Mania, why would he want to next year?

As much as I like the current main event lineup for next year, maybe they could change it around a little, so Austin is the main attraction while Rock plays second.

Austin vs. Brock
Rock vs. Punk - WWE Championship
Cena vs. Taker

John Cena may aswell face Michael McGillicutty or something, the man is simply a beast and its just too obvious he's going to win his next Wrestlemania match, unless he faces his father..

John Cena Jr. vs John Cena Sr. would easily be the best Wrestlemania match in history and would be so, so difficult to call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back