Wrestlemania failed on every level from a fans perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and CM Punk put on a good performance but he is ridiculously overrated. If he was half as good as his fans here say he should be smart enough to plan a better match than that against Undertaker.

If Michaels and Hunter could do it then why couldn't CM Punk do it?

CM Punk isn't bad but for all the praise he gets from Meltzer to Wade Keller to everybody and their mother on this board.....he doesn't live up to expectations. He never did as a champion.

:lmao:

Okay, this was legitimately funny. Oh, not your insult, but rather the fact you're trying to accuse someone else of not understanding how pro wrestling works.

That may be, but 2003 is a pretty big fucking difference than 2013. You have to factor in DVR, internet streaming, an exponentially larger cable channel selection, a large increase in NFL popularity, oversaturation of the wrestling market and an economic collapse.

But you knew all of that, right?

No, the sad part is you're one of the very few lucky people to have several knowledgeable wrestling fans coming together to try and educate you on where your argument fails the logic test, and instead of listening to what we have to say, you constantly change your argument in order to continue with your mindless parroting of stupid IWC rhetoric regarding John Cena.

The sad part is there are people who are willing to take time out of their day to educate you, and you're refusing to listen.

I knew eventually that SuperSly would come to the rescue. THE-ADMIN-IS-HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

and you know...booking Punk and Shield to go over Ryback....that seems like such a genius decision now doesn't it? /Sarcasm off

What the hell is left of Shield and Punk at this point? Nothing.
And Ryback he is killed and gone.

That may be, but 2003 is a pretty big fucking difference than 2013. You have to factor in DVR, internet streaming, an exponentially larger cable channel selection, a large increase in NFL popularity, oversaturation of the wrestling market and an economic collapse.

But you knew all of that, right?

Also, Benoit whose double murder-suicide and its fallout caused a noticable chunk of the audience to tune out.

and you know...booking Punk and Shield to go over Ryback....that seems like such a genius decision now doesn't it? /Sarcasm off

What the hell is left of Shield and Punk at this point? Nothing.
And Ryback he is killed and gone.

No, the poor booking decision was to have Ryback challenge Punk for the title when he was not ready to be champion. Why would you take Ryback, a character that thrives off of a win streak, and put him against Punk for the title when you had no plans for Ryback to win. That was stupid. The Shield going over Ryback made no sense for Ryback's character either but he had already been losing anyway. Ryback can still be salvaged if done right. What's left of Punk and Shield? Punk just came off of a great match with Taker so once he's healed up the nagging injuries, there's plenty left. The Shield have had big win after big win after big win. I fail to see where they lack right now.

No, the poor booking decision was to have Ryback challenge Punk for the title when he was not ready to be champion. Why would you take Ryback, a character that thrives off of a win streak, and put him against Punk for the title when you had no plans for Ryback to win. That was stupid. The Shield going over Ryback made no sense for Ryback's character either but he had already been losing anyway. Ryback can still be salvaged if done right. What's left of Punk and Shield? Punk just came off of a great match with Taker so once he's healed up the nagging injuries, there's plenty left. The Shield have had big win after big win after big win. I fail to see where they lack right now.

Ryback was super over. Almost as over as Punk was before MITB 2011. They made more money off that booking decision than they did signing Lesnar to SS and Extreme rules or signing Rock to do RR.

They could have put the belt on Ryback and screwed him before RR. But they had to protect CM Punk's title reign that went nowhere and ended with match/feud against Rock that nobody cared for.

:lmao:

Okay, this was legitimately funny. Oh, not your insult, but rather the fact you're trying to accuse someone else of not understanding how pro wrestling works.

I accused him of not understanding how AVERAGES work and now I'm accusing you of not knowing how to read.

So someone says if "If Cena wasn't over ratings would show it" I show him that ratings support that and now it's the fault of everything except Cena? How fucking convenient, are you listening to your self right now? Can some of those things play a factor? Sure. Does it make you look like a moron to blame everything except the face of the company? Yes.

No, the sad part is you're one of the very few lucky people to have several knowledgeable wrestling fans coming together to try and educate you on where your argument fails the logic test, and instead of listening to what we have to say, you constantly change your argument in order to continue with your mindless parroting of stupid IWC rhetoric regarding John Cena.

Sorry, I wouldn't wipe my ass with your opinion. Tell me again how Wade Barret is doing great because he's the IC champion lmao.

If I wanted to parrot stupid IWC rhetoric I'd be like the other guy pretending to give half of a camel's twat that you're an Admin and pretend your opinion isn't shit for being a total Cena mark.
It's your opinion, it's your right to have it, it's still a shit opinion though.

Thought you were done with this thread...

Couldn't resist :/

Tell me more how the ratings are Benoit's fault though. Real interesting stuff.

Amazing how ratings are the fault of every possible thing except for the product according to most of you in this thread. You guys are brain dead.

Couldn't resist :/

Tell me more how the ratings are Benoit's fault though. Real interesting stuff.

Amazing how ratings are the fault of every possible thing except for the product according to most of you in this thread. You guys are brain dead.

If you want to defend Benoit can you please do it somewhere else? The whole deal is disgusting to me

Ryback was super over. Almost as over as Punk was before MITB 2011. They made more money off that booking decision than they did signing Lesnar to SS and Extreme rules or signing Rock to do RR.

They could have put the belt on Ryback and screwed him before RR. But they had to protect CM Punk's title reign that went nowhere and ended with match/feud against Rock that nobody cared for.

This is true.

You're being a little overly harsh on the shield though in your previous post, they've still been booked strong.. they're just not getting enough air time.

Thie Shield vs Taker/Kane/Bryan could be really good. Not to mention Daniel Bryan being wedged between Kane/Taker can lead to some potential pretty funny moments. It's one of the few things going on I'm actually looking forward to at this point.

:gasp:

You must like The Rock a lot.

You must like IWC forum admins a lot. :gasp:

I have no idea what my telling you to suck up to some half a douche of an admin a little more has to do with my feelings on The Rock....

If you want to know though: big fan of old Rock, everything The Rock did this last year was trash though. The matches were bad, the build up was bad, it almost was all bad and handled poorly.

The build up to his first match with Cena was great, the actual match was crap though. All in all The Rock's return didn't serve any real greater purpose and fell flat for me. Cena simply didn't need to beat The Rock, it just didn't do anything for his career.

Short answer, ratings haven't actually been declining for very long. Not consistently, at least. Between 2002 and June of 2007 the yearly averages were around 4.0-3.7. From June 2007 to the end of 2011 the ratings remained between 3.3-3.1.

You do realize that the ratings value change ever year? That 3.9 in 2003 is probably right around a 3.0 today.

Cena kept the company afloat when there was literally nobody else to fill the void left by AE main-eventers, and even managed to become one of the biggest merch sellers in WWE history. Sedated, you're entitled to whatever opinion you want to have about Cena, but when it comes to the facts, you are dead wrong.

Short answer, ratings haven't actually been declining for very long. Not consistently, at least. Between 2002 and June of 2007 the yearly averages were around 4.0-3.7. From June 2007 to the end of 2011 the ratings remained between 3.3-3.1.

I wouldn't call since 2007 a short time. The fact of the matter is Cena is the face of the company and ratings have dropped. You can try to pin it on anything you like but the fact remains.

The facts also show that CM punk is even less of a draw than Cena, it's sad but it's true.

The point is that people always want to use things like "Cena = ratings" as a defense for him but the actual ratings don't fully support that by any means, if anything they help to support the opposite and when that gets called out then we just start making up excuses of all the reasons ratings aren't Cena's fault? That's just ridiculous.

So I guess Cena is responsible for none of the bad but all of the good, he really is super!

A mathematician would be critical of that statement.

No that's fair. Ratings are determined based on certain things. For example back in 03 RAW was on Spike. Spike isn't in as many households as USA so the rating will be higher based on that. If 3 Million people watch RAW on USA the rating will be lower if 3 Million watch RAW on Spike.

You must like IWC forum admins a lot. :gasp:

I have no idea what my telling you to suck up to some half a douche of an admin a little more has to do with my feelings on The Rock....

If you want to know though: big fan of old Rock, everything The Rock did this last year was trash though. The matches were bad, the build up was bad, it almost was all bad and handled poorly.

The build up to his first match with Cena was great, the actual match was crap though. All in all The Rock's return didn't serve any real greater purpose and fell flat for me. Cena simply didn't need to beat The Rock, it just didn't do anything for his career.
You know the most knowledgeable people on these forums happen to be KB and Sly right? Their is a reason their opinion is respected and it's usually because their right.

Rock and Cena had a great first match, it was just overshadowed by the cell. They even had what I thought was a pretty good match this year. It told a good story and used some nice Psychology. Do you even know what those things are? Or are you one of those guys that like that flippy indy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back