• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania failed on every level from a fans perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only match where the crowd really sounded even remotely dead to me was Triple H/Brock match & I have a feeling that had to do more with them being exhausted from the Punk/Taker match than anything else.

It wasn't the crowd, it was the way they were mic'd. When you have an open top stadium that's what will happen. Anyone I've spoken to who attended Mania said the crowd was going near non-stop, they quieted down for the Triple H/Brock match because they were tired from cheering during the Taker/Punk match but they perked up again during Rock/Cena.

I would take this but last year's Florida crowd was awesome. Maybe they mic'd proper for that Mania, I dunno. I watched Mania today again, and its just sad.

I was very surprised they put the 3 MEs in a row. I knew they were tired for Brock/Lesnar and I don't mean to rag on the crowd, it just, for many reasons, came so dead on TV. And that plays a huge impact on the psyche of the viewers as well. Rock/Cena last year was much more electric. But maybe, thats also because people in Miami thoughtit was genuinely, Once In A Lifetime.

I would take this but last year's Florida crowd was awesome. Maybe they mic'd proper for that Mania, I dunno. I watched Mania today again, and its just sad.

I was very surprised they put the 3 MEs in a row. I knew they were tired for Brock/Lesnar and I don't mean to rag on the crowd, it just, for many reasons, came so dead on TV. And that plays a huge impact on the psyche of the viewers as well. Rock/Cena last year was much more electric. But maybe, thats also because people in Miami thoughtit was genuinely, Once In A Lifetime.

SunLife Stadium has to have better acoustics than MetLife. Jim Ross addressed the loudness of SunLife Stadium in a blog prior to last year's 'Mania:

Good Ol' J.R. said:
“I have mixed emotions about Wrestlemania 28 going outdoors with no dome to protect the event from the elements and to retain the crowd noise. I have been to the stadium in Miami for several games and it can get loud there so perhaps the noise issue may be less of an issue than some perceive."

WrestleMania 24's crowd noise was muted as well compared to 28, and I (speaking as a layman in terms of acoustics) would wager it's the bowl shape/horseshoe shape (MetLife and the Citrus Bowl, respectively) versus the more angular shape of SunLife Stadium. Anyone who's ever been to a concert hall, play house, or opera house has probably noticed that they've got sharper angles for the sound to bounce off of. Again, just taking a minimally educated stab at it here.

They were planning to have Tons of Funk/Rhodes Scholars between two of the final three matches to give people a break, the entire point of that match even making the card. Really, it just goes to show that despite people and even myself not caring for that match it had a purpose on the card, had it gone down the crowd could have been much better for either Lesnar/HHH or Rock/Cena, but it's irrelevant now anyway because truthfully the crowd was great, WWE just didn't place the microphones in the proper locations.

Superdome should be off the charts in-terms of noise though.

Could the crowd in attendance make out the burn marks on HHH's sides?

That had the folks I was with kind of dumbfounded.

Otherwise, they really started that match slow, had a nice creshendo and terrific finish.

Heyman was great throughout. Holy smug! Holy smug! Holy smug!

I agree with the thread title. The ending of this WM was disgusting, and an insult to anyone who watched. It should be erased from the record books more than anything involving benoit.

I agree with the thread title. The ending of this WM was disgusting, and an insult to anyone who watched. It should be erased from the record books more than anything involving benoit.

You are the biggest idiot in the history of the IWC. They should give you championship belt made out of tampons, douche bottles, used condoms and petrified Khali shit.

Your face is disgusting.
Then why does your sister kiss it everyday?

You're right. That "sportsmanship" thing is waaaayyy overrated. :rolleyes:
cener doesn't deserve "sportsmanship". He's an idiot. If it was a respectable wrestler, then fine. cener is not respectable.

You are the biggest idiot in the history of the IWC. They should give you championship belt made out of tampons, douche bottles, used condoms and petrified Khali shit.
Why would they make a belt out of materials found in your mom's bedroom?

WrestleMania was awesome in every single way.

My Face When I read this post...

5433-unamused-guy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo