• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 28: John Cena VS The Rock

John Cena and The Rock: Who is Right?

• Cena is Right.

• The Rock does not need to help WWE weekly.

Results are only viewable after voting.
i am just wondering, how many fans will be cheering for The Rock purely because they dislike Cena? It seems that when he has feuded with people in the past Cena gets boo'ed more than the opposition gets cheered (if that makes sense).

Now IMO The Rock is the most popular superstar ever (please don't start saying Austin or Hogan, it's my opinion and it's for the purposes of this post), but he probably isn't as popular as back in the Attitude Era. I just wonder will fans cheer for The Rock because they don't like Cena or because they want The Rock to win (I wanted to make a separtae thread with a poll but thought it best to post in this thread).

If they are going to have this match, I personaqlly would love to see a guest referee. And I could think of none better than the Miz, since he dosent like either one of them :)

i am just wondering, how many fans will be cheering for The Rock purely because they dislike Cena? It seems that when he has feuded with people in the past Cena gets boo'ed more than the opposition gets cheered (if that makes sense).

Now IMO The Rock is the most popular superstar ever (please don't start saying Austin or Hogan, it's my opinion and it's for the purposes of this post), but he probably isn't as popular as back in the Attitude Era. I just wonder will fans cheer for The Rock because they don't like Cena or because they want The Rock to win (I wanted to make a separtae thread with a poll but thought it best to post in this thread).
Well, Wrestlemania XXVIII is being held in Miami so it's probably the latter. The Miami crowd is going to tear John Cena a new one that night. If John Cena were to face, say Wade Barrett in Miami, do you honestly believe he'll be any more booed than he normally is? No, The Rock plays a major factor here. The Rock hasn't appeared at Wrestlemania in a match in seven years. The people there won't care who The Rock is facing, his opponent will be booed no matter who they are. The WWE is definitely going somewhere with the whole boo's getting to Cena story. I won't say a heel turn is coming just yet, but from the looks of it, something drastic will likely change.
If they are going to have this match, I personaqlly would love to see a guest referee. And I could think of none better than the Miz, since he dosent like either one of them :)
I cannot think of anything worse to bring down the value of this match. The Rock vs. John Cena is a huge match in its own right. Why throw Miz in the way of that? If anything, throwing the The Miz out there to ref is down right silly. What happened last year when Miz was involved in this three way? He was hugely over shadowed by two of the absolute biggest stars the WWE has ever produced. Keep The Miz away from this thing.

The only thing i can't just seem to think of is who wins the match. You would think Rock wins plain and simple right? But what about passing the torch? But they can't have Rock lose in his own home town in his first wrestlemania appearence in seven years can they? Honestly this match will have my emotions going back and forth.

The only thing i can't just seem to think of is who wins the match. You would think Rock wins plain and simple right? But what about passing the torch? But they can't have Rock lose in his own home town in his first wrestlemania appearence in seven years can they? Honestly this match will have my emotions going back and forth.

I've been wondering the same. I hate to keep touching on a Cena heel turn but if he wins in Miami, the crowd is going to tear him up. There's no way Cena is going to be able to keep his head held high after beating The Rock when the crowd throws the worst kind of insults at him. But I digress; Cena's certainly overcame alot more. I'm not saying The Rock has to win at 'Mania, I'm just saying I don't understand why the WWE would want their top babyface hated after beating someone the people care alot about - especially in Miami – a very well known wrestling city. A heel turn seems suitable and that's probably the first time I've ever favored turning Cena heel. But I just can't see Cena winning and still being a full-fledge face like he's been over the years.

I've been wondering the same. I hate to keep touching on a Cena heel turn but if he wins in Miami, the crowd is going to tear him up. There's no way Cena is going to be able to keep his head held high after beating The Rock when the crowd throws the worst kind of insults at him. But I digress; Cena's certainly overcame alot more. I'm not saying The Rock has to win at 'Mania, I'm just saying I don't understand why the WWE would want their top babyface hated after beating someone the people care alot about - especially in Miami – a very well known wrestling city. A heel turn seems suitable and that's probably the first time I've ever favored turning Cena heel. But I just can't see Cena winning and still being a full-fledge face like he's been over the years.

Weather he wins or loses he still will be hated that's the thing. If you were the rock would you let yourself lose cleanly to Cena at mania?

The best idea to put both of these over and create a new Cena heel character. Rock wins the match in his hometown, after the match John Cena turns heel and attacks Rock. Rock gets AA'd through the Announce Table. This would get Cena heel character extremely over really quick and also Rock would have got his victory that most fans want to see.

Just thought of a better way to end the match. Rock wins and stops Cena as he tries to leave the ring. Tries to shake his hand. Cena reluctantly shakes Rock's hand. Rock then tries to turn around. Cena pulls him into a fireman's carry about to hit an AA but Rock fight out of it and Rock gets him into rock bottom position but Cena wiggles out of it and then cowardly makes his way up the ramp cursing the rock and his fans. Cena is a heel and Rock is still triumphent at the end of the match.

OMFG. So much fantasy booking in this. If Cena was a heel, he wouldn't be a cowardly heel. He'd be that type of heel with too much of a worry for his rep to admit when you're scared. I'm sure we all know someone like this in our lives. I know several people like this. I hate them all. Literally.

It wouldn't make sense for Cena to be a cowardly heel after all the stuff he has done to become the wrestler he is today. He is always fighting against the odds so for him to turn into a cowardly heel. The only thing that would make sense if he was to turn heel would be that he is sick of the fans not cheering him anymore which would then obviously turn him heel.

However I don't want him to turn heel. I think he is good as a face. Why change something if it isn't broken? He is still the top face in the WWE, most of the fans still love him and he still sells the most merchandise. The only people that hate on him are the people of the IWC because they quite frankly aren't happy with much (not referring to you guys btw, well most). He is like the Sting of WWE, he is someone that the fans rely on when evil strikes the WWE (Edge,Nexus etc). I for one aren't sick of his character, he constantly puts on good matches and really knows how to make his opponent look good. He works terrifically as a face so changing that would be stupid.

As for the match, it is too hard to call. It's Rocks hometown, one of the greatest of all time and it's his first proper big comeback match. On the other hand Cena is the underdog, the face of the company and definately would be a surprise if he won (which WWE like) so it's too hard for me to call. All I know is that it's gonna be one hell of a match and the promo's have been awesome and cant wait for more of them to come. But if I had to choose someone I would go for Rock, although I don't care who wins.

I think it's going to finish the way of Hogan vs. Rock, Rock hates Cena, Cena beats Rock after a couple of AAs, Rock shakes Cena's hand, both celebrate.

I'm excited for this match I was a huge Rock fan back when I was in my teens when he left wwe Cena was my favorite wrestler he still is but I dont know who will win this match but lets just say Cena wins there is no chance he will be a face he will be turned heel because he will be getting a lot of heat if he wins the match. I think with the whole Kane storyline right now will get Cena to snap and just turn heel or at Maina he will. who I want win it will have to be The Rock because I think since he is in his hometown and hes back in a match since surviver series I think a lot of people expect him to win. like i said before if Cena wins their is no chance he will be a face after that. I actually want to see Cena heel havent seen him heel since what 2003 or 2004 I dont know when he turned face it was a long time ago lol.

I thought the video packages they did on both last night were really good, not quite up there with the Rock vs Brock training vignettes but good videos to highlight the star power of both guys.

Are we as wrestling fans going to get the clean finish what we want? wheather its a Cena face victory or a Cena heel victory? or the home town victory? i for one think we could be on the recieving end of a HOGAN V SID MANIA 8 ENDING. with the interference of Kane during this so called Epic encounter, Cena wont go heel, but they will tease this idea right through the match until Kane interferes ,Rock may get the DQ VICTORY, final conclusion with a exhausted Rock and Cena having kane on the recieving end of a double ass whopping to end this match.

Several sources (including WrestleZone itself) is claiming that John Cena will use the official WrestleMania XXVIII theme song, "Invincible" by Machine Gun Kelly as his entrance song for his match with The Rock.

I personally think it's very interesting and if it's combined with a pre-match promo, it could be one of those historic WrestleMania entrances. It's a very impactful song, with meaningful lyrics and if used in the same context as the promo that was aired at the Royal Rumble, it could be brilliant. I'm not a massive Cena fan anymore, I'm pulling for The Rock in their match (despite the fact I think Cena's going over but that's a different matter) but to break away from the norm in such a fashion is unprecedented. It's a better fit for him in 2012 than "My Time Is Now", that's for sure. If it goes down well, I wouldn't bet money against it being his theme song full time.

What do you guys think of the decision and do you think it's a good idea?

I actually don't think the promos we see now are the final ones. I think the one's we saw at the rumble will be played throughout the night of Mania. And before their actual match we see one final (at least five minute because this match is that big) promo. Now as for Cena coming out to invincible while it would be somewhat of a giant FU to the crowd of Miami saying I've risen above. I just don't think it would be as impactful as the original. I really don't see a point in trying to create a huge entrance for a man who could possible get bood out of the arena. Honestly if anybody who's never got that WOW entrance and deserves to have one, it should be the Rock. It's his hometown.

I actually don't think the promos we see now are the final ones. I think the one's we saw at the rumble will be played throughout the night of Mania. And before their actual match we see one final (at least five minute because this match is that big) promo. Now as for Cena coming out to invincible while it would be somewhat of a giant FU to the crowd of Miami saying I've risen above. I just don't think it would be as impactful as the original. I really don't see a point in trying to create a huge entrance for a man who could possible get bood out of the arena. Honestly if anybody who's never got that WOW entrance and deserves to have one, it should be the Rock. It's his hometown.

I'm sure there will be plenty of promos between now and WrestleMania, for both guys.

I don't doubt for a minute that The Rock will get just the same amount of attention as far as creating that BIG entrance. I think it's all about making this match feel as big as it should be, and if you have Cena come out with this extravagant entrance, it'll multiple everything from the crowd reaction to the atmosphere at home by ten. I'm excited for THAT moment right now, I can't imagine what I'm going to be like come the match itself, all that hype and anticipation. It would be smart to use any trick possible to make this match the historic moment it's should be and if having Cena come out to another song, one that's going to fire up the crowd either in a positive or negative way is just the way to do that.

Usually, one of my favourite parts of Wrestlemania is looking forward to what whacky entrance John Cena will concocte up for the big one. This year, is no different. I really hope Cena goes full-out on this one, as last year's entrance was weak as nails. Afterall, it's the biggest Wrestlemania match he's ever going to have. Using ''Invincible'', does seem like an odd choice, though, seeing as it's the Wrestlemania 28 theme song in itself. I do like the song, but it doesn't strike me as an entrance song. Anyway, as long as the entrance is unique and fun, I'll be happy. Perhaps, he should even debut a new theme song. God knows it's time.

The Rock, “the most electrifying man in sports and entertainment,” is set to do battle with John Cena, “the captain of the PG era” in the main event this April at WrestleMania XXVIII.

This match, since its booking nearly one year ago, has been called the biggest of all time by the WWE and a decent amount of WWE fans.

While I can’t say I believe it will be the biggest match of all time, it will certainly be an extremely important match—a match the Rock should lose.

That’s right. The Great One, the People’s Champion, should not emerge from WrestleMania XXVIII victorious.

Don’t get me wrong, in no way am I a John Cena mark, looking for yet another “Super-Cena” victory.

I am a huge WWE fan, however, and I think booking the Rock to lose would be best for business.

John Cena is, whether you like him or not, the face of the current WWE product.

Now, I love the Rock as much as anybody else out there, but he doesn’t deserve to come out on top in this match.

True, John Cena has become a bit dull and uninteresting, even stale over the past year or two, but he’s there. Night in, night out, whatever the crowd chants or gestures, he’s out there doing what he can with the limits the company puts on him.

Now, it’s no secret that Cena has gained quite a group of WWE fans that hate him. I can’t say I’m one of them exactly. I’m currently fed up with his gimmick, but I respect the hell out of the man behind it. Regardless, I can see why these fans would jump into the Rock’s corner.

Jacob de Golish/Getty Images
I’m not saying a John Cena victory will convert those fans into supporters. In fact, it’d probably do just the opposite, and make them dislike John Cena even more for beating one of their favorite WWE Legends in the Rock.

As much as I would enjoy seeing John Cena get Rock-Bottomed through the announcers table, or receive the People’s Elbow, I don’t think he should lose the match.

The Rock, nothing short of a WWE Legend, is one of the best wrestlers of all time; there’s no doubt in my mind about that. However, his leave of absence to film a series of action movies, though great for his career, wasn’t exactly the way fans wanted to see him go. Regardless, they gave him support as he went off on his own endeavors.

When the Rock returned, I was absolutely ecstatic. The Great One had come back to save the WWE. Or so I thought.

The Rock hasn’t appeared very often since returning. It’s not his fault; he’s an established actor and he has a demanding schedule. All I’m saying is letting the Rock, the man who sporadically appears in WWE programming, beat John Cena, the man who’s there every Monday night, would be nothing short of ridiculous.

Sure, some fans don’t like John Cena’s character. I already said I don’t particularly like him either. However, to cut the legs out from under a superstar who hasn’t lost cleanly in ages by making him lose to a disconnected veteran is wrong.

The Rock is the face of the WWE’s Attitude Era. John Cena is the face of WWE’s current era, whatever that may one day be called. This match should not be a chance for the seasoned veteran to kick the rookie’s teeth in, it should be an almost symbolic passing of the torch. Remember how it went when Hulk Hogan faced the Rock at WrestleMania 18.

The Rock carried the company for a few years; this should be a chance let him pass the responsibility to John Cena by losing to him at the biggest pay-per-view of them all, WrestleMania.

FULL Article at : http://ulikemedia.com/?p=893

See that's the thing though, While I think Rock will lose, it just can't happen. Their trying to get people to love Cena by the Rock passing the torch but what people don't realize this isn't a passing the torch match, it's just a flat out dream match. I just think it would be a slap in the face to have Rock lose clean to Cena in his hometown. Cena will not be cheered after beating Rock in Miami. I just don't know how they will end this match, which is why this will be the most anticipated match of all time.

I understand your logic and if I didn't have such a problem with John Cena, I'd probably agree. I guess I just feel like if The Rock is going to pass the torch onto someone, John Cena shouldn't be that person. I'm not even sure I know who that person should be, but I definitely feel strongly that it shouldn't be Cena.

I don't understand how this could be passing of the torch when cena's been top dog for 7+ yrs and imo i think austin was the face of the attitude era like someone mentioned this is just a flat out dream match

I agree with karanbest4. I'm not the biggest Cena fan but this guy whether you love him or hate him is the face of the company and night in and night out busts his ass for us while the Rock comes to us "live" via satelite. If you remember when Rock returned he did say that he was here to stay but that is further from the truth thus I don't understand why the fans cheer for him when in fact Cena speaks a lot of truth. I know he's an actor now so if he's not here to stay why make that comment? I think the Rock is entertaining and he was a huge part of the company in the attitude era but we have to think of the current era and not have the face of your company buried for a guy who as of the past year (7 years prior to that) has promised to stay and make a few appearances. While WM is in Miami Rock's hometown I have no idea how WWE will book the finish to the match but as the poster stated Hogan passed the torch to Rock maybe it's time Rock do the same for Cena as Cena will still be here after WM and beyond while Rock won't.

I'm pretty sure the finish will be clean. I don't think they can bill a match for a year and not have it be conclusive, UNLESS...they are going to extend this and have the two clash again at Summerslam or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back