• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 28: John Cena VS The Rock

John Cena and The Rock: Who is Right?

• Cena is Right.

• The Rock does not need to help WWE weekly.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Honestly I'm not a fan of either one, first The Rock doesn't need the title it wont prove anything, second Cena doesn't need the push or torch from the Rock, Cena been the face of the WWE since HHH, Austin & Rock all dropped out of the picture. So all we have is a dream match that we all would love to see and it may happen if no one gets injured or die ( Rock & Cena are not super humans in real life ;) ) Now if WWE is smart they let the Rock win at Mania 28 so he can be the 1st ever HOF & WWE Champ at the same time, and have the Rock drop the title on Raw to the Miz or Alberto Del Rio in a fatal 4 way with Cena in the match, have Cena cost the Rock the title. So what do we get out of this? 1. Dream Match at Mania, 2. History at Mania, 3. A major push for who ever pins the Rock, 4. Finally the Rock can go home and Cena turns heal, 5. And people will still come on here and complain because nothing pleases them :p .

Who do you think is going to win and why?

Cena. I don't take kindly to making the World Champion and the company looking weak as someone who hasn't wrestled in years walks away with the title. Sorry Rocky, you're the closest thing to David Arquette in WWE right now (it hurt me to say it)

Who do you WANT to win and why?
John Cena, I don't want to watch the Rock prerecord a month of promos in 1 night, then show up at every other PPV to defend his hard earned title.

What will hapeen if The Rock wins?
You'll get some old school cheers, you'll kill your company's biggest name, and ratings will spike but drop over time. I can't see Rocky coming back active enough to defend a World Title, although I could see him fighting at least Miz and of course a Cena rematch.

What will happen if Cena wins?
Cena gets a 100% chance @ being a legend, he's already close simply from his exposure. You'll have most of the younger fans being estatic, old school fans will accept it. Life goes on.

How Awesome would it be if Miz Wins MITB Next Month or even if it comes Back at WM And After Rock Wins the Title at the end of the following Raw Cena Turns Heel and FUs Rock Then Leaves. Then Miz comes down and beats Him. Vince is High on Miz and he was Involved with the Storyline. Makes sense to me :-D a guy can Dream.

Rock, no chance should the face of the company put over a guy that will only be there a handful of weeks every year.
Em I don't care to be honest. I think Cena should win so I guess him.
I'd assume he'd be coming back on more a full time basis.
They'll shake hands and have a new found respect for each other/

If The Rock wins the title, who do you think would be the person who will take it from him?
No idea, by that stage for all we know Santino could be in the title picture.

the rock, because it will be his first match back in 7 years, in his hometown and cause rock draws numbers..

the rock, cause its his first match back.. sick of seen super cena keep winning

he'll be back part time, great for rating great for the wwe

nothing it will be lame like when cena beat nexus at summerslam POINTLESS

I know there have been a ton of threads about this match, but honestly it's the center of the WWE Universe right now. I don't wanna talk about the match as much as I do the participants.

Why is everyone calling for Cena to turn heel? I personally would love to see Cena as a heel, but it has to be done the right way. This match is not a good opportunity. Love him or hate him, Cena is the face of the WWE. His face is on lunchboxes, bookbags, posters at wal-mart, etc. My girlfriend cuts hair and you would not believe how many kids come in and ask for their hair to be cut like John Cena's. Anyway Cena is the one that could be cheered, he bleeds WWE and he does whatever McMahon wants him to do. He may not be the best wrestler, but he is one of (if not the) best entertainer and the most dedicated.

The Rock left. The Rock and Austin was the golden era of wrestling and they are 2 of the most popular wrestlers of all time. The Rock was the most popular wrestler at the time he left. As a person I don't blame him for pursuing acting, he gets paid more and it's obviously less painful. But as a wrestling fan I blame him. WWE put so much stock into The Rock and he just left the company. At first it looked like WWE's springboard into Hollywood, but then The Rock became Dwayne Johnson and wanted the world to forget he was ever a wrestler. (Don't get me wrong, The Rock is a great actor but this a wrestling website not a hollywood blog) Now The Rock comes back and says he is never leaving again? How many times has he been on Raw or SD and not broadcast a promo via satellite?

So my question is, why are wrestling fans cheering the Rock and booing Cena? Cena's raps against The Rock were awesome, they were also true. Obviously I'm pro Cena vs. The Rock, and I was (and still am at heart) a huge Rock fan when he was an everyday wrestler.

What do you guys think? Agree or disagree let me know and please give reasons behind what you believe.

Personally the Rock character from 2003 would be the perfect foil to Cenas over the top goofy face kiddys act. But I really think the main reason The Rock is being brought back and in the feud with Cena is tio get Cena over with the older fans. This will only happen if Cena is heel. Older fans for some reason resent the Rock for leaving when he did.Personnal I dont see the issue, The Rock gave us 6-7 years of absolute gold entertainment. He put guys over, he was entertaining and was pretty decent inring performer. Cena is a rubbish inring performer, sure he is good on the mic and the kids love him, but the kids dont spend the money on merchandise...their parents do. The 18-40 demographic is where WWE are rally lacking, yet this is the main money area. By having a modern day home boy heel in Cena, they would reap plenty. Punk vs Cena, Sheamus vs Cena, Miz vs Cena..all matches we have seen but with Superman Cena the face. Turn the roles around.....MONEY

we cheer for the rock because he did everything he could to better himself as a wrestler and entertainer. cena doesnt better himself as a wrestler and thats why we chant you cant wrestle. its not a mystery and cenas raps were iffy, some funny spots, some dumb and the rocks promos have all been true

Wow another Lets Go Cena, Rocky left thread. Getting a little tired of this.

One thing is very clear. If Cena were to have a career launch like the Rock did. then he too would do the same things the rock. hell any wrestler would. and if u remember properly Cena tried music, he tried movies. He failed miserably.

The reason Im pro Rock is because 1) hes my favorite of all time. 2) his promos are still decent. His old ones were great. 3) hes more entertaining than anything else on the show. and finally 4) hes way way way better than cena, in the ring, on the mic and on screen.

I know about the backstage politics and that Cenas a hard worker bla bla bla. According to ur logic rey mysterio should be in the main event at wrestlemania too. Hes a hard worker. He shows up every week infact hes a bigger hard worker because he has a size disadvantage. Or maybe Hornswoggle.

But no. The match is Cena vs Rock. Not because of dedication or hardwork but because its the biggest draw in the history of the WWE. The face of one era against the face of the present era regardless of backstage politics. And people will cheer for the Rock because 1) its Miami and 2) The Rock is just plain more entertaining.

And the people still pining over the 'Im never going away' phrase really sound like whiny kids to me. Hell I'll go as far as to say just like small Cena fans. He made a mistake saying it, Im sure even he admits it. It was taken into a different context. Smart thinking adults should have known that he meant occasional appearances like Stone Cold, not full time. Hes sorry he said it. GET OVER IT.

Unfortunately, theres a new trend in the fan universe. The cool kids hate Cena and the cool adults hate the Rock. It's quite sad in my opinion that no one can think highly of both and hope for the best match at Wrestlemania regardless of backstage politics, pointing fingers and unwanted heat.

The Rock left. The Rock and Austin was the golden era of wrestling and they are 2 of the most popular wrestlers of all time. The Rock was the most popular wrestler at the time he left. As a person I don't blame him for pursuing acting, he gets paid more and it's obviously less painful. But as a wrestling fan I blame him. WWE put so much stock into The Rock and he just left the company. At first it looked like WWE's springboard into Hollywood, but then The Rock became Dwayne Johnson and wanted the world to forget he was ever a wrestler. (Don't get me wrong, The Rock is a great actor but this a wrestling website not a hollywood blog) Now The Rock comes back and says he is never leaving again? How many times has he been on Raw or SD and not broadcast a promo via satellite?

You must have forgotten that Dwayne did it all in the WWE. He has beaten virtually everybody (besides HBK), and won all the belts. What else was there to do? How could he go even higher after he wrestled Hulk Hogan?

He went to movie making because it was fresh to him and hell, they were damn good movies in my eyes.

Anywho. I can NOT wait for this match to happen at WM 28, even the one at SS this year. No one can wait.

The Rock came back, he hasnt left, he is booked in a match officially and another at Survivor Series unofficially. Thats certainly not my definition of leaving. Also, can anyone on these threads plan out a full year long storyline between Cena and Rock that wouldnt run out of steam before Mania next year? They are playing this perfectly at the moment, having The Rock put out occasional videos and tweets, have the occasional appearence on Raw and PPVs, after Mania is when we will want The Rock to appear more often. If theyve signed him up for say 50 appearences, id want 30+ of them to come after Mania so they can follow up on the storyline.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out why most of the fans are on rock's side. I'll say it anyway:

The Rock is simply better than John Cena. He beat cena in every categoery you can think of. Get It?

And I won't get into the "Cena is a a hard worker" "Rock left us" and all that crap cause honstely I'm getting tired of it.

wow the cena hate on here is beyond idiotic.

I for one will be rooting for cena come WM, heel or not. I have nothing against the rock at all, He put in his hard work, made his name as one of the top stars of all time and left before his body broke down.

I have nothing but respect for both guys and im just gonna sit back and enjoy what happens between the two. Let's face it, WWE are gonna get some things wrong with this angle and they are also going to get some things right but come WM the anticipation will be through the damn roof!

Cena has worked his ass off to get where he is and quite frankly he is one of the best "wrestlers" in the world. He has put on some of the best matches of recent years and no he was not carried!

Harley Race, Ric Flair, Stone Cold, Jericho, Bret Hart, Piper, Hogan and Triple H have all said just how good cena is, both on the mic, backstage and in the ring but hey i guess you cena haters know more about wrestling than those old timers ey?

I for one will be rooting for cena come WM, heel or not. I have nothing against the rock at all, He put in his hard work, made his name as one of the top stars of all time and left before his body broke down.

I have nothing but respect for both guys and im just gonna sit back and enjoy what happens between the two. Let's face it, WWE are gonna get some things wrong with this angle and they are also going to get some things right but come WM the anticipation will be through the damn roof!

Cena has worked his ass off to get where he is and quite frankly he is one of the best "wrestlers" in the world. He has put on some of the best matches of recent years and no he was not carried!

Harley Race, Ric Flair, Stone Cold, Jericho, Bret Hart, Piper, Hogan and Triple H have all said just how good cena is, both on the mic, backstage and in the ring but hey i guess you cena haters know more about wrestling than those old timers ey?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:.................Right.

"Harley Race, Ric Flair, Stone Cold, Jericho, Bret Hart, Piper, Hogan and Triple H have all said just how good cena is, both on the mic, backstage and in the ring but hey i guess you cena haters know more about wrestling than those old timers ey?"

First of all, did you actully think that all those poeple you mentioned will come out and say "hey, cena sucks" or "He can't wrestle" or anything like that? Of course they won't talk **** about him, cause this will not only hurt cena, but it will hurt the company as well since he's the face of the company. It's called politics. After he left the WWE, angle said that cena isn't even a top 10 in the world when it comes to in ring skills but he do get the job done. Chavo said cena sucks in the ring. Even his close friend randy orton said that cena is so robotic in the ring. Most of the wrestling fans in the world think that cena sucks in the ring and he doesn't deserve all that hype. All these "old timers" can say what they wanna say, to me seeing is believing.

Oh and by the way, I didn't say he's not good, I said rock beat him in every damn categoery you can think of, and that's a fact.

And pls stop talking about how hard he works, cause the truth is you know nothing about it.

I think that this match will probably be an attitude era style clash of the titans, were essentially they put the two biggest guys against each other and ten minutes of the match is a slug-fest and the interesting part is both guys reversing each others five moves of doom till one of them hits the big one or some "controversy" is thrown in.

I'm not really going to comment on everything surrounding the match because it's clear that the shear level of advertising and promotion going into it is obviously going to send this match through the roof.

Well to answer your last question, my uncle knows more about wrestling that lots of guys in the WWE since he has worked at the WWE as a road agent and has worked as a trainer at several pro wrestling, amateur wresting (which he considers the true form of wrestling because it is not faked aka kayfabe) and Mixed Martial Arts training facilities. He also knows a fair bit about bookings and story writing in pro wrestling as well. And this is his opinion which I agree with.

Cena works like every other wrestler in the WWE. He appears at the same shows. Cuts promos like everyone else and has matches like everyone else. Yet people find Daniel Bryan's or Rey Mysterio's matches more entertaining. By your logic arent the working harder than Cena. Rey cuts a promo from time to time and guys like Christian who cut better promos than Cena wrestle better than him. By that logic shouldnt Christian be the face of the WWE. He's been in the game longer than Cena, worked just like Cena, week after week. Wrestles each week like Cena. Cuts promos just like Cena. Then why is Cena the face and christian isnt. BECAUSE CENA IS BOOKED TO BE THE FACE OF THE COMPANY. It has nothing to do with working hard. It's handed to you if you have the look and the style that the company wants at the time. And it's not just in the WWE. It's in every pro wrestling organization in the world. Each organization must have a face. They dont pick the guy who works hardest the most. They pick the guy who has the look they need. And that is how the pro wrestling world works. Bear in mind I'm talking about the face of the company and not the current champions.

As far as Cena goes. I dont hate him but I dont really like him either. Hes what he needs to be right now. As for the Rock. The Rocks mic skills are superior to Cena as were his in ring skills. We'll see at Survivor Series if they're still better.

Most of the Cena hate is idiotic I do believe but at the same time I believe the Rock hate because he 'left' and because he said 'hes never going away' is even more idiotic. Like I said earlier. Hating Cena is the cool thing for the kids and hating the Rock is the cool thing for the adults. Either thing is stupid. I'm going to be rooting for the Rock at Wrestlemania but it doesnt mean I dont want a five star match on Cena's end as well unlike the slowfest he had with miz this past wrestlemania.

I think the main reason most ppl cheer The Rock is very simple. He reached a level of success that Cena will never be able to. The Rock was a guy that won over all the fans based on his uncanny ability on the mic and unparalled entertaining skills. As hard as Cena tries, he'll never be able to wow the audience like The Rock or have as much depth as The Rock did. Rock could be the hottest face one month, then be the most hated heel the next. Something Cena hasn't been able to do thus far in his career. Plus, The Rock's fued with Austin revolutionized WWE in the Attitude era and earned the fans respect. Again, something Cena has failed to do, even though some fans like him.

Although I do like both guys, The Rock is head and shoulders above Cena as far as being the better wrestler and entertainer. I'm not knocking Cena here, as alot of good WWE guys couldn't stack up against The Rock. With the match being in Rock's hometown of Miami, coupled with most fans being a nostalgic Rock fan, my prediction will be Cena being booed heavily during this feud. I just hope Cena turns soon that way we at least will get classic moments from the two on the mic leading up to WM.

I see no reason why a radical change in Cena's character is needed for this match to be successful. After all, a lot of the Rock's gripes are BECAUSE of the character that Cena has now. Why would he change and prove Rocky right? It's a "dream match," so the two guys should go into it with the characters that made them successful, so that we can truly see who's "better." It's the top guy from one era vs. the top guy from another era, along with all the backstory and hatred these guys already have for each other, at least in storyline. The Cena heel turn is not needed in any way to continue an effective buildup for this match.

The reason everyone wants Cena to be the heel in this match is because The Rock's fanboys as well as "Attitude Era fans who still live in 2000 and refuse to join the rest of us in 2011" dislike Cena. They also are using the location as an excuse. So what if The Rock has the home field advantage? This is a match between one of the most popular wrestlers of all time in The Rock against a future legend in Cena. This is one of the few times where a face VS face match is completely alright to do. Will Cena get a negative reaction from fans? Likely his worst ever other than perhaps ECW One Night Stand in 2006. Cena always comes out the same guy each night, as himself, regardless of the reaction. This needs to be a match out of respect, who is the better man? That is what it should be about. The match does not need face/heel status any more than it needs a world title. It just needs two icons facing each other at the biggest show of the year. That's it. Neither one of them need to be a face or a heel.

What's the point in turning cena heel? I see no reason for that to happen. Heel or face, the bottom line is getting booed(heavily) at WM 28. Cena can be "himself" all he want, but as far as him being THE guy goes, his days are numbered. It's just a matter of time...

I think the main reason most ppl cheer The Rock is very simple. He reached a level of success that Cena will never be able to. The Rock was a guy that won over all the fans based on his uncanny ability on the mic and unparalled entertaining skills. As hard as Cena tries, he'll never be able to wow the audience like The Rock or have as much depth as The Rock did. Rock could be the hottest face one month, then be the most hated heel the next. Something Cena hasn't been able to do thus far in his career.

This match is going to be one of the greatest Wrestlemania has ever had. As you said, The Rock has won over millions of fans with his pure talent, and a lot of older wrestling fans will go for Rocky over Cena.

With the younger generation, they will certainly go for Cena. Two huge audiences against each other. Just screams epic.

What's the point in turning cena heel? I see no reason for that to happen. Heel or face, the bottom line is getting booed(heavily) at WM 28. Cena can be "himself" all he want, but as far as him being THE guy goes, his days are numbered. It's just a matter of time...

I believe his decline in popularity and him losing the top position in the company will happen in 2012. CM Punk is just winning over people, and outselling John Cena.

Sure, Cena will still be in the title picture and be insanely popular, but not the most popular in my opinion.

Well I am an adult male not a child and I will be rooting for Cena. The Rock is amazing but still over rated and i am not saying Cena is even close to what the rock "was" but Cena works his ass off all the time for the WWE and the rock left when he was in his prime to go do movies and such. And i already know im going to get tons of rocky fanboys calling me names and saying cena sucks and yatta yatta yatta but I dont care. If the rock actually showed up on time to time in the past instead of bringing it via satellite i would possibly like to see him win

The whole reason why this match was intriguing in the first place was because the Rock (arguably the most popular superstar of all time) returned to the WWE for the first time in YEARS and called out their #1 babyface, John Cena. The IWC creamed their pants and the ******ed ADD casual fans' attention was grabbed right through their TV sets.

NOW, you have a face vs face....the past vs the present main event match at the biggest stage of them all. Fans can choose either side and the outcome isn't as predictable as some people think.

So for the little kids on here.....quit your whining about Cena not turning heel yet. Let it play out and have the ultimate babyface match at Wrestlemania. If there was ever a time to turn heel, it would take place during or after the match, not before it.

Following this weeks Monday Night Raw, it is the feeling of this outspoken fan that the Cena-Rock feud is hotter than ever. If it hasn't sunk in how great the magnitude of this thing is yet, let it sink in now. This is the biggest feud that the WWE could possibly produce within reason or realistically, and with the shots that both men took at each other this past Raw the tension is thicker than ever. They say you could cut it with a knife, but this requires something more like a chainsaw. This feels REAL. These two seem to genuinely dislike each other and it seems obvious on screen how bad these two want to go at each other. WrestleMania couldn't come soon enough. There's no telling what is going to happen, how this will unfold, or who will come out on top, which brings us to the purpose of this thread. Let's cut through the old crap cake folks, Who is it going to be? Who is coming out of WrestleMania the winner of this clash of the titans?

Tell me WrestleZone, Who do you think should win at WrestleMania? Who do you think WILL win at WrestleMania? Who do you personally want to win? And most importantly is HOW do you see either man winning and WHY?

The Floor Is Yours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back