• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 28: John Cena VS The Rock

John Cena and The Rock: Who is Right?

• Cena is Right.

• The Rock does not need to help WWE weekly.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We all knew the match was going to happen, but the timing definitely makes me go "huh?" I thought that if the W went for Rock/Cena at Summerslam, they'd have enough of a challenge keeping this feud hot for 4 1/2 months. I haven't seen the kind of patience out of their creative department that would let them build Rock/Cena up continuously for the next year. With Rock/Cena on tap, how do you keep figuring that into the monthly feuds Cena will be getting into? I think it's far more likely that The Rock is going to be 'forgotten' for a few months time, to be brought up when it's convenient.

Again though, twelve months is a LONG time away. This could well be a way of setting up a match for much sooner; you establish a time and place for the 'match', you put your two characters in situations where they keep antagonizing each other, and at one point it's "I can't wait anymore, let's do this at SummerSlam!"

I don't have faith in the WWE to perform a year long build anymore. I do have faith in their ability to do four three-month builds in a year, so we'll see where they take this.

I just hope the wwe doesn't have The Rock lose in HIS hometown just to put Cena over. Forget that. This match can be really epic. I know The Rock is going to bring it...hopefully he brings out the intensity in Cena and make this one of the greatest matches ever! I wonder does this mean that The Rock's going to wrestle throughout the year. I'd like him having a title shot that would be crazy!

I just hope the wwe doesn't have The Rock lose in HIS hometown just to put Cena over. Forget that. This match can be really epic. I know The Rock is going to bring it...hopefully he brings out the intensity in Cena and make this one of the greatest matches ever! I wonder does this mean that The Rock's going to wrestle throughout the year. I'd like him having a title shot that would be crazy!

I think that they very first time we see Rock in the ring wrestling will be at Mania. If he was in before, that would pop the cherry tomato prematurely I think.

Who cares if it's a title match or not? Just like the last few matches with Undertaker, it doesn't need to be a title match for it to be important. Heck, title matches nowadays are getting stale because the belt never changes hardly.

I see The Rock having a few tune up matches before Wrestlemania 28. Hell he could even team with Cena at an event. He also has unfinished business with The Miz. Maybe Miz vs Rock at Summerslam.

Its good marketing to see this announced so early but I wudda loved to of seen Cena win the Gold in a few months and Rock be number 30 in the Royal Rumble.

I am sooooooo excited for this match. Forget Mohammed Ali v Tyson, Nadal v Federer, LeBron v Michael Jordan, Liverpool v Manchester United, Barcelona v Real Madrid. Rocky v Cena is what we all want to see. I cannot wait to see this. It beter live up to expectations. And at least Cena won't be competing for the WWE or WHC at WM :)

WORST BOOKING EVER!

I'm sorry but its true, there is a reason why you don't book matches a year in advancce, so many things can happen, what if Rock decides he doesn't want to do it in 6 months? What if someone gets hurt? Or most of all, What if you can't keep peoples interest for a year?

Bret Hart put it best, this is an extremely ballsy move on the WWE and they have their work cut out for them if they are gonna keep this intriguing for a year. Personally Cena vs. The Rock was getting stale as it was and now they are gonna keep it going for a year. Most of the fans won't give a crap by the time WM28 rolls around, by that time they will just want it over and done with. It almost feels like they already made the program and now we all have to wait a year for the conclusion.

For example, most people knew at WM4 that Savage vs. Hogan was going to be the main event the next year but that doesn't mean you book it in advance. Instead they put them together in a tag team, spent the year slowly building a rift between the 2, eventually leads to Savage turning on Hogan and then WM5 comes around you are anticipating watching the Mega Powers Explode. Even though you know a year ahead they are wrestling it didn't matter because the booking was done properly. You didn't come out and say these guys are wrestling for the title next year, you build a solid story to make people want to see it.

The Rock cost Cena the title 2 nights ago, now we wait 1 year for Cena to get his revenge? All they can really do now is just mess around with eachother for a year and have some verbal exchanges and maybe the Rock costing Cena a few big matches. Best case scenario is what, Rock cost Cena the title again?

All in all by WM28 it will show 1 of 2 things:

1) The bookers are amazing (and from what I've seen lately I don't buy it)
2) The bookers are idiots (most likely scenario)

I for one will be SHOCKED if people are still into this match 11 months from now.

WORST BOOKING EVER!

I'm sorry but its true, there is a reason why you don't book matches a year in advancce, so many things can happen, what if Rock decides he doesn't want to do it in 6 months? What if someone gets hurt? Or most of all, What if you can't keep peoples interest for a year?

Bret Hart put it best, this is an extremely ballsy move on the WWE and they have their work cut out for them if they are gonna keep this intriguing for a year. Personally Cena vs. The Rock was getting stale as it was and now they are gonna keep it going for a year. Most of the fans won't give a crap by the time WM28 rolls around, by that time they will just want it over and done with. It almost feels like they already made the program and now we all have to wait a year for the conclusion.

For example, most people knew at WM4 that Savage vs. Hogan was going to be the main event the next year but that doesn't mean you book it in advance. Instead they put them together in a tag team, spent the year slowly building a rift between the 2, eventually leads to Savage turning on Hogan and then WM5 comes around you are anticipating watching the Mega Powers Explode. Even though you know a year ahead they are wrestling it didn't matter because the booking was done properly. You didn't come out and say these guys are wrestling for the title next year, you build a solid story to make people want to see it.

The Rock cost Cena the title 2 nights ago, now we wait 1 year for Cena to get his revenge? All they can really do now is just mess around with eachother for a year and have some verbal exchanges and maybe the Rock costing Cena a few big matches. Best case scenario is what, Rock cost Cena the title again?

All in all by WM28 it will show 1 of 2 things:

1) The bookers are amazing (and from what I've seen lately I don't buy it)
2) The bookers are idiots (most likely scenario)

I for one will be SHOCKED if people are still into this match 11 months from now.

Your assuming that the WWE is going to mention this main event all year round, which i think they arent. To be honest, i dont expect anything from the rock or cena about this match until probably November at the Survivor Series at MSG.

People think that theres gunna be some via satellite broadcasts throughout the year with cena responding. I dont see that at all. As of right now its business as usual and cena will go and do his own thing for most of the year.

I expect maybe some tweets from each dogging the other , but nothing on WWE TV. Not till November , or more likely the royal rumble, which at that point people will be excited again and real pumped up cuz the road to wrestlemania begins.

Your assuming that the WWE is going to mention this main event all year round, which i think they arent. To be honest, i dont expect anything from the rock or cena about this match until probably November at the Survivor Series at MSG.

People think that theres gunna be some via satellite broadcasts throughout the year with cena responding. I dont see that at all. As of right now its business as usual and cena will go and do his own thing for most of the year.

I expect maybe some tweets from each dogging the other , but nothing on WWE TV. Not till November , or more likely the royal rumble, which at that point people will be excited again and real pumped up cuz the road to wrestlemania begins.

No I'm not assuming that at all, but what they essentially did was waste their biggest star for an entire year. No matter what Cena does until WM28 is all for nothing because you KNOW its all gonna come back to the Rock. So that means Cena's out of the Rumble, if Cena becomes champ he's gonna just drop it quickly, ect. Wrestling isn't real but it's supposed to make you suspend your disbelief enough to that it COULD be real, how am I supposed to buy anything Cena does if everything he does is secondary to his program with the Rock, it takes you completely out of the experience.

WWE obviously tried to guarantee a large gate for WM28, which they will most likely get, but they blew their load way too quickly. Not only that they really don't have much of a program to build on now because they are already confirmed, all Cena and the Rock can really do is the same crap they've already done. Cena and the Rock have already gotten stale and they really can't do anything to make it better, its gonna be next to impossible to make this match more intriguing then it already is and in 365 days all of that excitement for the match will be lost on most people.

WWE got their big gate, but ruined their WM main event by doing it.

Meh, no big tragedy they announced it so early. Probably just a semi regular mention of it to be made, and for the rest of the time, buisness as usual. Maybe they team up together at SummerSlam, something like that. Shouldnt be a problem, and if we are being honest, one of the top 5 biggest matches ever. Probably number 2 behind Hogan Vs Rock, just ahead of Hart vs Mcmahon.

Also, if you think for one second Rock is gonna win this, you are beyond out of your fucking mind. Rock is a company guy, and is more than happy to put over the leader of the new generation. Cena ends up earning the Rock's respect, on the way to a win, to close out WM28.

I can't believe I was there to see the challenge and acceptance actually take place. I didn't think being in a WWE live event could get any better than Sunday night but it took only one day for me to change my mind. Needless to say, I can't wait for this match to take place. I may drive down to Miami just to see this match in person b/c it is without a doubt A MUST SEE. I just hope Cena stays healthy and the Rock is ready to wrestle when April 1st, 2012 comes along.

I don't think it's bad booking at all. It won't be a year long feud because the Rock will leave and we'll just have it on the back burner with little reminders here and there.

How many people are going to line up to buy tickets based on this one match? I mean, you buy tix months in advance and you really don't know anything other than "it's wrestlemania" now you KNOW you're going to get an insane crowd reaction and epic spectacle match.

let's just hope WWE learned from Rock/Hogan and books this as the main.

Honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing. WWE is going to be building Cena big over the next couple of months. He's probably going to feud with Miz for the next couple of ppv's. Winning the title at some point. I can see him feuding with some younger talent building them up. However, I think after feuding with Miz he'll face Punk, which is a feud that was cut short imo.

I see Rock and Cena going back and forth over the next year. Though, I think Rock should be playing head games with Cena throughout the year. Reminding everyone of what's coming. I'm not sure how this would play out, but I'm already looking forward to this.

I don't see the Rock losing, especially in Miami. Since there is a 99% chance of Cena getting booed out of the arena, the best thing the WWE can do before WM28 is to turn Cena heel.

I predict Cena turning heel, having an epic encounter with the Rock, losing, then the Rock shakes his hand after the match and turns Cena back face in the process.

There is nothing to gain from Cena winning, especially without a major change to his character, people will still hate his guts. The very least that the WWE can do is make Wrestlemania 28 WORTH watching by having the Rock win instead of people leaving with disgust and a bad taste in their mouth because Super Cena beat the odds for the 6000000th time. A loss won't hurt Cena's credibility, they can still make him look credible by having an epic match with the Rock and satisfy the fans by not having him go over. At least Cena will gain some respect that way.

Also, even though this is a huge match, It pales in comparison to Hogan vs Rock and Rock vs Austin at WM17, The match that supposedly concluded the Attitude Era.

Meh, no big tragedy they announced it so early. Probably just a semi regular mention of it to be made, and for the rest of the time, buisness as usual. Maybe they team up together at SummerSlam, something like that. Shouldnt be a problem, and if we are being honest, one of the top 5 biggest matches ever. Probably number 2 behind Hogan Vs Rock, just ahead of Hart vs Mcmahon.

Also, if you think for one second Rock is gonna win this, you are beyond out of your fucking mind. Rock is a company guy, and is more than happy to put over the leader of the new generation. Cena ends up earning the Rock's respect, on the way to a win, to close out WM28.
I agree that the Rock never had a problem putting people over, he put over Austin twice, he put over Lesnar, Goldberg and even Evolution. But in this case I believe the Rock wants to give the fans something memorable, and Cena winning would ruin what would of been an epic confrontation otherwise. Better the fans leave satisfied and continue to watch the product then fans leaving pissed and possibly dropping the product all together.

Cena winning would ruin it for you. YOU, not everyone, not the majority, just YOU. No one else cares as much about Rock winning as long as he's there. If Cena loses, it shits on Cena's 10 years of working hard sticking with a company and trying to perform under the restricted PG rules while Rock was off making shitty movies. Having Cena, your biggest star, Mr. Make-a-wish, job to Mr. I left in my peak to make awful movies would be a HUUUUUUGE mistake.

If the Rock loses, the fans won't leave the product, that's Glenn Beck level doomsaying. What'll happen is, much like Rock/Hogan, the new guy wins, and they both fight off some heels so even if you were dissatisfied with the outcome, you still leave happy.

Well I don't think its an issue Rock won't put him over (doesn't seem like the Rock to do something like that), I'm just stating the fact that so many things can happen, what if some situation happens where the Rock CAN'T put Cena over, with his schedule thats a very real possibility, like LaBar said in his article, what if he has to shoot Tooth Fairy 2? Not only that (also like LaBar said) its like getting asking for your favorite toy on Xmas only to get a note saying "you will get it next Xmas".

Not only that calling this the second biggest match EVER is utterly ridiculous, I looked forward to Rock vs. Austin ALOT more than this match, same with Hogan vs. McMahon. Cena may be the leader of the new generation but all in all his generation can't shake a stick in comparison to generations of the past.

Even the Rock and Hogan couldn't have made their program interesting for a year, after 2-3 months in the WWE, people had their Hogan fill (and he was gone for 2 years at that point, AND he was the biggest star in the history of wrestling) and its going to be the same with the Rock, he's yesterdays news at the end of the day and I'm slowly getting sick of him already and because you know he's gonna at least be around here and there until WM28 by the time it happens I think a lot will feel the same. It would have made a lot more sense if they got it over with 3 nights ago.

Isnt the wwe all about taking risks all of the superstars and even vince takes a risk on every superstar on this roster.

I think that it wont fizzle out If the rock keeps appearing. I also wanna see one more wwe championship run For The Rock. Morrison Wins the Money in the bank while Cena Beats Miz For the championship at Extreme Rulez. Have Miz and Rock chase the championship with a triple threat at Summerslam The Rock Wins. Morrison interferes and helps The Rock. The Miz Wins the WWE Championship at The Royal Rumble And Morrison is the special guest referee. That would definitely draw the crowds in for Summerslam and it would give Wrestlemania an extra hype up too even though it dosent need it its gonna be my first Wrestlemania so i reali hope that i can see an epic match. Then Morrison Cashes in the Money In The Bank at Elimination Chamber after Miz finishes a chamber match walks out champion.

This Would Be an epic card
My Ideal Wrestlemania Card
John Cena Vs Rock
Undertaker vs HHH 3 streak vs career
Austin vs Punk
Miz vs Morrison (WWE Championship)
Orton vs Batista
Edge vs Christian (World Heavyweight Championship)
Booker T vs Jericho
Sin Cara vs Evan Bourne
Corre Vs Nexus
Beth Pheonix vs Awesome Kong (Womans Championship)
Snoop Dogg vs R Truth For The Media Interest truth disses Snoop in a rap lol

I know that most of these wont actuali happen
but dreams are free lols

I have mixed feelings on this situation.

Rock put Cena over WAY to much in his final promo, the feud was awesome when it seemed like there may be REAL hatred.

Now the buildup to this could be amazing, givin it will be a year, but it could also flop. Fans may not have attention spans long enough to care. It's a LONG time to wait, does WWE mention this every week(like a Rock/Cena countdown meter on every Raw and SD?) How will the feud be re-ignited? will Rock screw Cena again?

Also what nobody is talking about......WHAT IF CENA GETS SERIOUSLY INJURED BETWEEN NOW AND THEN? Then what do you do if Cena is unable to wrestle?

Does this also mean Cena is out of the title picture? or will they make this an epic world title match?

Cena definitely wins this one. No doubt about it. The rock passes the torch to Cena just like Hogan passed the torch to the rock back in the day.

The Miami thing just makes the passing of the torch even bigger. The rock doesn't care about wins or loses, and despite his movies and other projects, wouldn't jeopardise the future of the business that he grew up in. He definitely passes the torch to Cena at WM28, and in a few WM's time Cena will pass the torch to the next person handed the task of carrying it.

That's wrestling 1-0-1

I'm already planning plane and hotel tickets to Miami!
This is a match that fans from around the world wanted. So badly there have been so many fan videos of these 2 and now to see it a reality makes people make more of them. If you havent checked them out there are some that are just amazing. Is it bad to say the last 2 times I jammed to Will Smith's Miami was Lebron going to the heat and right after Raw before watching tough enough?

Cena has at least another 10 years in him so i don't think that hes gonna pass the torch over till like 5-8 years down the track when he would've been in the business for 13-16 years and had a few more title runs and possible maybe a hall of fame candidate. The next 4-5 i think deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame are Edge, The Rock, Taker and HHH i have a good question relating to that who will induct Taker Into the HOF? We all no that if Edge makes it in he will almost definitely be inducted by Christian. And its a no brainer on who will induct HHH The obviously being HBK, Randy Orton Or Ric Flair being the surprise one

This is the biggest in Mania history to date. This may even be bigger than Rock vs. Hogan. Booking this match a year in advance is risky, but if booked properly it could be one of the best matches ever. However, a match like this is so huge that it may not live up to the hype. The main question is will Cena and The Rock be healthy next year, and will WWE be able to maintain interest for a year.

I also wonder if Rock or even SCSA will be convinced enough to have one last brief run in WWE. Austin vs. Miz or even Austin vs. Punk could happen also.

All I'm hoping is that this match be a all out back & forth war between these two. I don't want to see another Rock vs Brock Lesnar or Rock vs Goldberg match because in his match w/them he made both these guys look like Wrestling Gods almost. Now I Know Brock is the better wrestler compared to The Rock but damn he made himself look like he wasn't in either of these guys league. I don't mind Cena winning but I don't wont to see him do it in 13mins like Goldberg or in 14mins like Brock. I want to see a 30 min fast pace match that has both guys giving there all to prove there both the best at what they do because I know this is the match that both guys can give us fans.

I really don't care how they lead us up to this match cause honestly I don't have much faith in the writers & bookers these days they have let me down as a fan to many times for me to believe in them so I'm not expecting much from a storyline standpoint but if the match equals the hype then I'll be happy. When looking back besides for HHH & HBK John's Wrestlemania matches are always booked either 15mins or under so if he beats The Rock in 15mins or under I'm gonna be pissed. I'll have those same feelings if Rock knocks off John in the same time limit also, this match needs to be 25 to 30 mins w/reasonable rest spots don't think thats to much to ask for.

I’m trying to like this announcement, but I’m not there. This seems like a risky move by WWE. A lot can happen in a year. I’m sure the instinct is to think a whole year will make this the most hyped and most anticipated match ever. Instead I think there is too much time for a lot of the buzz to die down. I don’t see any benefit in announcing this match so far ahead of time.

On a side note I really don’t like how Michael Cole reacted to this. When Rock and Cena were finished talking Cole just matter of factly said “Never has the WrestleMania main event been set a year out.” He did not sound surprised or excited at all. Obviously in reality he knew what was coming, but for the sake of kayfabe he should have reacted differently. Remember how JR reacted when Rock challenged Hogan? That’s why Cole is still miles behind JR.

On Raw yesterday during Cena's promo he said that his match against Rocky at Wrestlemania 28 shouldn't be any match, it should be for the WWE championship.

Now i hope their match isn't for the WWE title and here are a few reasons why.

I don't see the point in having it as a WWE championship match because it would be stupidly obvious that Cena would win. Only way i would actually believe that Rocky could win the title is if he can back to the WWE full time and wrestled every week. If their match was for the title it would deprive others of the chance of competing for the title at Mania. I am for one sick of seeing Cena competing for the title and especially competing for the title at every Wrestlemania he's competed at. Give others a chance.

So do you think Rocky v Cena at Wrestlemania should be for the WWE championship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back