Wrestlemania 28: John Cena VS The Rock

John Cena and The Rock: Who is Right?

• Cena is Right.

• The Rock does not need to help WWE weekly.

Results are only viewable after voting.
On Raw yesterday during Cena's promo he said that his match against Rocky at Wrestlemania 28 shouldn't be any match, it should be for the WWE championship.

Now i hope their match isn't for the WWE title and here are a few reasons why.

I don't see the point in having it as a WWE championship match because it would be stupidly obvious that Cena would win. Only way i would actually believe that Rocky could win the title is if he can back to the WWE full time and wrestled every week. If their match was for the title it would deprive others of the chance of competing for the title at Mania. I am for one sick of seeing Cena competing for the title and especially competing for the title at every Wrestlemania he's competed at. Give others a chance.

So do you think Rocky v Cena at Wrestlemania should be for the WWE championship?

This, and two others.

1. If Cena won the title now and went on another year-long run it would be absolutely unbearable. Cena was at his worst to me in late 2006-07 when he hogged the spotlight the entire year. It was just so boring and predictable.

2. THIS MATCH IS BIGGER THAN THE TITLE TO BEGIN WITH!! Rock vs Cena is an epic clash of titans and their respective eras. It does not need to be for the title! So you would deprive others of the chance and give the fans a huge borefest for a year, as well as pretty much guarantee the winner when it didn't need to be for the title to begin with?!

I swear if Cena wins the title now or at any other point prior to WrestleMania 28 I will go from being excited to not giving a shit again. Only exception would be if he won it during SummerSlam season then lost it again prior to WrestleMania season. That reign wouldn't be too long and terrible. But a year long run or winning it going into WrestleMania would just be terrible. And truth be told, I really don't want to see him winning it at all prior to WM 28.

This match is the biggest match in ten years easily. It doesn't need to be for the title.

There is no point in the match being for the title..No one seriously expects Rock to be WWE champion again..
The match will anyway headline WM and it would be better to have the title match with other deserving guys like Barett or CM Punk..

On Raw yesterday during Cena's promo he said that his match against Rocky at Wrestlemania 28 shouldn't be any match, it should be for the WWE championship

The only reason John said that is because so many ppl was wondering what The WWE was gonna do w/John for a whole year. If he does win the title back sometime this year then I'm sure he will drop the title again by Wrestlemania time. If for some reason he is champ around that time The Rock may pop up & cost him the belt again at a PPV adding more fuel to the feud. Him making that statement on Raw was just a way to throw ppl off because so many ppl was predicting that he wouldn't be in the title hunt because there is no point of him being champ for this match. WWE is just tryn to be unpredictable w/John. I don't believe he will be champ by Mania & I don't think he should be champ either this match is bigger then titles John was just making it sound good last night.

We Internet fans are just so damn hard to please aren't we. We wonder what John Cena's going to do for a year after the WrestleMania 28 match was announced, then turn around and bitch that he's pursuing the top prize in the WWE (which any wrestler should be pursuing). We complain that we want John Cena to stop chasing the title so new faces can be brought into the main event, then bitch when R-Truth is added to the main event at Extreme Rules.

But to the point, should The Rock V. John Cena be for the WWE Championship? Definitely not. John Cena put out a great promo last night and gave great reasons why the title should be involved - the greatest match of the last 10 years involving the greatest prize in sports entertainment. But this match is so much bigger than the WWE Championship - a clash of generations, a clash of two of WWE's all time greats.

This is one of the biggest matches in recent WrestleMania history, and one of the biggest since Hogan V. Rock at WMX8. That match didn't need the WWE Championship to blow the roof off and be remembered through the ages, and neither does this match. While the title might add another element to the match, this match has enough story to tell without adding a title to the mix. With all there is to tell already, another element would just distract from what could be great storytelling and buildup between two greats.

Logically there is no reason for the title to be involved here but put that aside for the moment.

Rock Vs Cena, for the title, in Miami. 3 things are clear

It's ending the show
Cena is walking out with the title
The boo's he will be getting will be incredible

To me this screams heel turn for Cena and in all likelihood, this would be the only remaining way he could be turned.

I hope not just because this match doesn't need to be over the title, much like whoever Taker faces for the life of "The Streak". Matches like that have enough build, hype, and excitement that they don't need a belt involved. My dream WM 28 would be:

-The Rock vs John Cena
-The Miz (c) vs HHH for WWE Title
-The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho
-Randy Orton (c) vs Wade Barrett for WHC
-CM Punk vs Sheamus vs John Morrison for #1 Contender to WWE Title
-Alberto Del Rio vs Daniel Bryan in a Submission Match

Something like that.. anyway... Obviously WrestleMania will more than likely look absolutely nothing like that but the potential something like that has is awesome. Taking away a title match and making it a grudge match instead just takes away from a deeper card.

Yea, I think if if was for the WWE Title, this would be the biggest mistake ever! It's hopefully going to be a passing of the torch match between the two and get rid of The Rock from the WWE for good because I really can't stand these veterans coming back and stealing the show from the younger talent. The younger wrestlers can't get a chance to shine because of these guys.

So, please lets make WM 28 all about the current and new talent and lets git rid of these wrestlers who keep coming appearing back from retirement. Guys like HHH, Taker are good to still have around because they live and breath the business and hugely inspire the younger talent. But guys like The Rock and jericho etc....get rid of them and focus on guys who wanna be there and give their all!

I believe that this was announced just so that they could give Cena something to compete over until the Rock can make another appearance, since hes off promoting Fast Five. Plus it can, and probably will be a year long angle, every so often Cena will work his way into a title shot, and then, winning the title or not, be able to cut a promo on the Mania main event, saying something like, "Its already the biggest event of the coming year, now if I could just get the title, I can make it the biggest match ever!" Then when the time comes they can move Cena away from the title full time, and back to the Rock full time.

I'm a little torn on this. I do not think the match needs to involve having the title on the line in order for it to be the main event as I think both of these men have held the title so many times that in a way they both trancend the championship. Having this match be simply about pride and bragging rights and having generations clash as well as having it end the show is also plausable without having the title on the line. After all, HBK and Taker closed the show at WM 26 and the title wasn't on the line (although HBK's career and Taker's streak was so maybe it's a different story but still). This match will still have the epic feel HBK/Taker had with or without the title. And if this match were non-title, it would free up another space on the card for another superstar (perhaps a younger rising superstar) to compete for the title and hopefully establish a new main eventer.

The only reason I can think of for wanting this to be a title match would be to see Cena win and have Rock physically hand the title belt over to Cena out of respect, symbolizing Rock passing the torch onto Cena. That'd look pretty epic.

There is absolutly no way that Rock vs Cena should be for the WWE title.
whats the point, the match is already a huge draw, adding the title to the mix would dilute the story.

If Rock wins they he vacates it, so thats pointless
If Cena wins then its the same old story with cena and the title

Having the WWE title as part of the match is a lose/lose situation

oh my god NO NO NO THIS MATCH SHOULD NOT BE FOR THE WWE TITLE! :banghead: as much as i want cena to not win the title at all leading up to mania 28 i fully expect it 2 happen but if he wins the title he should lose it BEFORE royal rumble and keep him OUT of the rumble match its pointless for him to be in it also keep cena OUT of the elimination chamber match if its for the wwe title because NOBODY wants cena vs rock at mania 28 for the WWE Title! it would be stupid and clearly rock would lose! DONT GIVE CENA THE TITLE WWE! sadly i feel cena vs rock will be for the title :suspic:

I am so tired to hear all this talk about The Rock vs Cena for the WWE title. Through this whole year numerous posts will be put up about this going on and on. Please cut the crap. Everyone knows this is the next passing of the torch. Don't let the WWE title be involved with this at all. The chances of The Rock leaving a winner at WM 28 is very slim in my eyes. And even if it was for the WWE title, why would you think The Rock would win it in the first place? This guy has done EVERYTHING he had to offer in the WWF/E. Why would they put the title on this guy again? So the odds of him winning the title would be remote. It'll be a great match without a doubt on its own.

If they were to bill it as The Rock making his last epic comeback to prove that he can still go, and still win the wwe title then yeah id like to see it. Maybe cuz im just a super big rock fan and would like to see him win the title wun last time at mania then retire as champ lolz..it would be an epic send off for him tho

I would love to see The Rock be the one to come back and win the title off Miz - proving he still has skills in the ring and entering him into a month long feud with a guy to give him the rub and put him over as a legitimate main eventer in the same ring as The Great One. The Rock going in with the title makes more sense than Cena. While it may be tougher to pull off due to the temporary schedule, he can go into Miami as the Hometown Champ, and lose to Cena - which is likely to happen considering Cena is going to go over at Mania as he will be with the company long-term and Rock is likely out after Mania 28. This turns Cena heel, and having the Rock beat Miz and then put him over as a face allows for a reversal of face/heel fortunes over the course of a year, culminating in Miami.

Way for WWE to crazy super spoiler for Mania. It had better not be for the title. I am sick of Cena having a World Title, but with them having cena saying that last night, there is no way that He will not have the belt.

Now, at Extreme Rulez, something that will never happen, should happen, and that is R-Truth getting the belt. He is a former 2 or 3 time World champ, and deserves a run with it in the E

Unless the Rock is committed to the WWE for the next 5 years, then no... No title. Doesn't have to be a title.

It's so much better, to let this match be booked, and promoted as just Rock vs. Cena.

You already have two draws. Very decent draws. This could create another 1 million buys for WrestleMania. You could set the card up, and hopefully have an Epic WrestleMania.

Having this match for the world title, takes away so much from the rest of the roster as well. I mean, They could be pushing 5 more people to main event status next year, but they have to take a 3 month hold because of that match would be for the title.

Not also that, but, if it was for the Title, and the Rock wins. It's really going to shock the regularly wrestling fan by far.

I still can't believe this. There were times where I would sit in front of my computer and laugh my ass off, when other posters would suggest this match. I NEVER thought these two would wrestle each other, but it's going to happen next year at Wrestlemania.

I'm still not too sure about the long wait, because when it comes to injuries, something could happen to Cena. I'm sure Cena and WWE will be extra cautious, but still, you never know what could happen. You also have to factor in Cena's momentum. Cena needs to have a strong 2011. Cena having a strong year will only help build the anticipation for this match. Cena VS Rock should always be in the back of our minds, and keeping Cena in the spotlight would be a perfect way to do that.

As far as who should win the match goes, I think it should be Cena. A win over The Rock at Wrestlemania would be HUGE for John. The Rock might be "back for good" this time around, but we all know he won't be around on a regular basis. Like it or not, Cena is the man in the WWE, and he will be in the WWE for a long time. Although, Cena winning here does worry me sometimes. Cena might be the top guy in the WWE, but there are a lot of fans out there who hate Cena. The hatred for Cena isn't limited to the IWC, because you can clearly hear the loud boos or the "Cena sucks!" chants from live crowds. Wrestlemania 28 will be in Miami, so you just know the live crowd is going to be behind The Rock, and Cena could receive a viscous and hostile reaction like he did at One Night Stand 2006.

Also, we've seen a lot of interaction between these two already. These two have already cut some lengthy and entertaining promos against each other, so what can they do next? Cena has already owned The Rock in a freestyle, and The Rock has called Cena a "Yabba-Dabba bitch" so it'll be real interesting to see what new material these two will have for each other.

Still, I can't wait to see this match. It probably won't live up to the tremendous hype, but seeing these two sqaure off against each other will be something to remember. Just thinking about the stare down is enough to give me chills. At first, I was on the fence about going to Wrestlemania, but Rock VS Cena has changed my mind. Making the trip to Sun Life Stadium won't be a hassle for me, because the stadium is a short drive from my house, and there's no way in hell I'm missing the chance to see these two wrestle each other in person.

Two questions

Do you think the match should be for the WWE Championship?

Who do you think should win the match?

Well first off I don't think it should be for the WWE Title. It doesn't need the the WWE Title on the line to be huge and personally I think this is all just hype on Cena's part to make it look bigger than it already is. I think Vince will be smart enough to realize, with the WWE Title on the line in another match, you'd have 4 big main events for 28 (WWE, World, 20 - 0, Rock vs. Cena), maybe 5 if they get Austin to compete on the show but either way it will get more & more fans to tune in the more big matches you have and some newbie like Alberto Del Rio could do a great deal with defending the WWE Title at Mania. Plus with the title on the line, it would kinda be predictable that Cena would win then as Rock isn't gonna stick around after WM but Cena will, so no point having Rock win it then vacate it although when I think about it, having a tournament after WM 28 for the vacant WWE Title would be good to see.

As far as who should lay down, well as big a fan as I am of The Rock & a proud member of Team Bring It, I think Rock should be the one to lay down for Cena. I'm sure a lot of people would expect Rock to win which is where the shock factor would come in if Cena were to win and shock factors always make Mania's great but also Cena would gain a lot more credibility from the win and if Rock were to get inducted in the HOF the day before, it would be the official passing of the torch from Rock to Cena if Cena were to win.​

After watching tonight and thinking back. I think the match at WrestleMania should be an I Quit Match.

This is either a great idea or a bad one.

Cena has never lost this match, and he might never lose this match. It's a great match to throw out their. I quit matches also give us entertaining segments/promos/talks within the match itself, which is perfect for the Rock to beat up and insult Cena at the same time.

At the same time I don't want to see the Rock lose an I Quit match to John Cena... that might be really embarrassing for the Great One, more so than maybe another other stipulated match.

Do you guys like the idea, how do you see it playing out? Could it happen?

So we are all aware of the main event for the next Wrestlemania. The match that everyone has wanted to see for so long. The Rock vs John Cena. Not only is this match going to happen, but it's going to be (supposedly) for the WWE Championship. Now with this being all cool and exciting, this leaves a couple of questions.

Who do you think is going to win and why?
Who do you WANT to win and why?
What will hapeen if The Rock wins?
What will happen if Cena wins?

Honestly, I want to see The Rock win. I would like to see him come back for a while and bring some true fun to Raw.

I think that Cena is going to win though. It seems like something Vince would do.

If The Rock wins, he's going to have a nice title run and probably leave after that, and Cena may go heel. That's just my guess, because he could become so obsessed with beating The Rock.

If Cena wins, The Rock will probably shake hands, congratulate him and walk away. Cena, however, may become hated even more.

Final question that I just thought about is:
If The Rock wins the title, who do you think would be the person who will take it from him?

Let me feel what you feel.

I hope by the time this match actually takes place the title is completely out of the picture because it adds nothing to this story/feud.

Announcing this match a year before its suppose to take place was the worst idea the WWE had ever had and I for one am already completely sick of hearing about it.

Cena. Rock winning doesn't do him anything, and Cena can get the major rub.

Who do you WANT to win and why?
Rock, because I'd think it would be funny if he won the WWE title if it's a title match. If it isn't a title match, then I don't care.

What will hapeen if The Rock wins?
I'll be shocked.

What will happen if Cena wins?
Next night on Raw Rock shakes his hand or something.

If The Rock wins the title, who do you think would be the person who will take it from him?

Cena or the Miz if he is still heel.

Cena. Rock winning doesn't do him anything, and Cena can get the major rub.

Rock, because I'd think it would be funny if he won the WWE title if it's a title match. If it isn't a title match, then I don't care.

I'll be shocked.

Next night on Raw Rock shakes his hand or something.

Cena or the Miz if he is still heel.

Yeah honestly, it wouldn't do anything for The Rock, but it would make the Attitude fans happy because they would feel like Cena just got his mouth shut down for good.

Who do you want to win and why?
The Rock, I was very young when the attitude era was in full swing, and I always liked The Rock, a lot of kids were Stone Cold kids, I was for The Rock, and to see him come back, and to see him win, that would be a huge moment, and it would be the icing on the cake that is the career of The Rock.

Who do you think will win and why?
John Cena. By this time WrestleMania X-8 will have been 10 years ago, 10 years since Hogan "passed the torch" to The Rock, and I see them "passing the torch" again, but I don't think it needs to be passed, because it already has, Cena is a 10 time world champion, he doesn't need The Rock's Torch, but WWE thinks he does, that much I am certain of.

What happens if The Rock wins?
The Rock shows up the next night on RAW, if he is the champion I believe he will forfeit it, because if they didn't let Cena beat Rocky, they aren't gonna let anyone beat him. Regardless if he is champion or not he will say his good byes to the WWE Universe, no way Rock sticks around no matter how bad I want it, or how bad anybody else wants it.

What happens if Cena wins?
Cena shows up on RAW the next night, praises the match he and Rock had, Rock comes out, they shake hands and Rocky rides off into the sunset.

If The Rock Wins the title who will take it from him?
Like I said, I see him forfeiting it on RAW. At which point they begin a WWE Title Tournament that will be finished at Extreme Rules and my guess is that Cena will win it back.

Well I think that John Cena will win, and I really agree with the decision...
The only way they should let The Rock wins, is if The Money in The Bank cashes it in that night...

If Cena wins, I think next day on Raw he will be praising for The Rock future in Hollywood and hoping he gets back one day...
Gets Rock Bottom'ed and the show ends...

If The Rock wins, i really hope he loses it against The Money in The Bank guy xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back