Who really is Mr Wrestlemania?

kurt_angle_no1fan

Pre-Show Stalwart
For me there are 3 people deserving of this accoloade. Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. Others worth a mention are Rock, Austin and Bret but they dont come close to these 3.

Hulk Hogan - How many times has this guy Main Evented Wrestlemania? Out of the 3, an educated guess is that The Hulkster has gone last more than Shawn or Taker. It's easy to forget the earlier Wrestlemanias, but Hogan headlined 8 of the first 9 Wrestlemanias (if you include the Yokozuna match). Wrestlemania is here today because of Hulkamania. Sure Vince created it, but without it hanging off Hulkamanias coat tails, Wrestlemania probably wouldnt be around today. Andre, Warrior and later on Rock and McMahon are unforgettable matches IMO. He wasn't the best wrestler of the 3, but he was certainly bigger to the Wrestling industry. Hogans legacy will never be matched IMO.

Shawn Michaels - The self proclaimed "Mr Wrestlemania" and few would argue otherwise. His win loss record is not that impressive but its not about egos. Its about entertaining and Shawn has done that more than anyone. Hart, Taker, Angle, Ramon were TOP drawer matches. Some of the best ever...even then you have Austin, Flair, Jericho, McMahon, Cena to think about. Hell, even his match at WM8 against El "DoorMat" was acceptable. Did Shawn ever have a "bad" Wrestlemania? If you were to list the best 10 matches ever at WM, Shawns name would appear the most. The only regret I have about HBK's WM career is he never fought Triple H. I so wished they would of done that at WM26 instead of Taker part 2.

The Undertaker - The streak. Thats all I have to say. Yes its scripted but for Taker to go to WM and win every match is a feat in itself. Taker has probably had more stinkers than Hogan and Shawn (Bossman, Gonzlazes, that awful tag match) but his legacy will be left on WM forever given he won every match. I have to say his matches have got much better over the years, the 2 with Shawn were as much him as Shawn, 2 decent match ups with Kane, 1 with Triple H - he has definately improved with age. I would hazzard a guess that most people look at a WM card and look forward to Takers match the most. Yes we all know the outcome, but there is always the "what if" factor. The streak going now would probably be the biggest WM moment, even more so than Hogan slamming Andre or Shawn retiring Flair.

So what are your thoughts? Is it in age thing? The younger fans will obviously go for Taker or Shawn. But the old skool fans, are we pro Hogan?

No , at least I am not pro Hogan. Well not for this accolade I wouldn't choose him.

He did have great WM moments, and historic matches , but HBK is the only guy who should have this title.

Now, as for right NOW goes. Its gotta be Taker. The Streak has a lot to do with it, but I'm going for just all out dedication to the company.

WM is the biggest event of the year and everyone always puts their best suit on before they step thru the curtiann. UT especially. Each year when WM rolls around, what are people talking about? "Who's going to be up against Taker this year?" Is they question everybody always asks.

So I have to go with Taker, for name association purposes. Point blank, when you think WM , you think The Undertaker, or at least that's how I see it.

It's Shawn Michaels. Not Hogan, not Undertaker. The moniker of "Mr. Wrestlemania" wasn't based on who was booked to win or booked to look awesome. It was about who the best performer was on the biggest stage. HBK stole the show at almost every Wrestlemania whether he was fighting for the IC title, no title, or the World title. A lot of Hogan's Mania matches are long forgotten (Slaughter, teaming with Beefcake, the tournament) and Undertaker may be undefeated, but let's not forget he was in some pretty forgotten matches along the way too. (Gonzalez, that weird 6-man tag team match, Snuka). HBK stole the show from the main eventers even when he was booked to lose. Pro-wrestling is fake. There is no merit in winning. None. Zero. Zilch. The only way of being GOOD at pro-wrestling is to be a great performer. When it comes to Wrestlemania, nobody has even come close to HBK.

I lean mostly to Shawn Michaels. Mainly because, while he might not have the most Wrestlemania appearances, he doesn't have the most main events at Wrestlemania, nor does he have the most victories at Wrestlemania.

But he is the one guy that is consistently trusted to deliver, each and every damn time he steps through the curtains at Wrestlemania. Shawn Michaels has always delivered when he has performed. Sure he had some fights that are superior to the others (Iron man match and Undertaker matches definitely being superior to the match he had with Vince McMahon for example). But he's still one of the few guys that are remembered that night.

And that's exactly what Shawn was all about, leaving the lasting impression. And that's what he has always done, sure I might not have watched all of Shawn's performances. But those that I have, I have never once been disappointed. And that is why, he's Mr. Wrestlemania.

I am inclined towards Undertaker. To say that Undertaker has improved with age is wrong. He was always that good. Its just that Vince was so crazy about his gimmick since it was the greatest gimmick of all time, that he was the only one who could carry the giants. Guys like Giant Gonzales, Mark Henry, King Kong Bundy and Big Bossman could never have dreamt of being in Maina events if it was not for the Undertaker. Put Shawn Michaels against any one of them, and you'll know that you don't even have a match. Its only Undertaker who can deliver good matches with the good wrestlers like Shawn or HHH, and its only him who can also carry the other big & slow guys - Shawn can't deliver good matches with them. Shawn hasn't delivered superior quality than Taker, its just that he faced better opponents than Taker did, mainly because he had a lot of influence in booking power when he was the leader of the Kliq and always ensured he was in the main-events and faced good wrestlers like Bret Hart. I can guarantee that if Taker had faced Razor Ramon in a ladder match or Kurt Angle in a regular match at Mania, he would have delivered classics too like he delivered a great ladder match with Jeff Hardy on Raw and many great matches with Kurt Angle (No Way Out 2006, Smackdown, etc).

Taker, on the other hand, was a very polite guy backstage whom everybody liked, and Vince had this craze for giants in those days (early and mid 90s) and he wanted Taker to look like the dominant un-dead guy who can kill giants and carry them, which is why Taker ended up feuding with them for the time being. While it benefited some guys like Kane, it was a waste in the case of guys like Gonzales. Taker has a lot of influence now because he is the locker-room leader and the most respected guy backstage, since he has worked hard and earned it (Shawn himself says that Taker was the best professional experience he had in his entire career, while working for the Hell in a Cell, and that is why Shawn wanted to retire at his hands rather than anyone else). To me, the streak is a token of respect from the WWE to the Undertaker for being a phenomenal athlete (you can't imagine anyone that big and that old doing the athletic moves that he does like suicide dive or old school or flying clothesline or high leg drop, and of course he has a huge arsenal of wrestling moves and power-finishers like tombstone, chokeslam, last-ride, etc), for being the one who perfected the greatest gimmick and evolved the character in an innovative way (the WWE need a name to quote in history which remained undefeated at Mania and there is no better character that you can think of when it comes to such "dominance" and "destruction"), for being a springboard to success for those superstars who feuded with him like Mankind/ Kane/ Orton/ Edge/ Batista and for being a great performer, mentor, leader backstage to all the youngsters whom they all look up to as a role model.

Shawn Michaels takes it as far as match quality matches at WM. The list of great matches hes had at WrestleMania pales that of the Undertaker and Hogan. Taker didn't even start having real quality matches at WrestleMania until his match with Kane at WM 14. And other than his match with Rock at WM 18 and maybe you could say Warrior at WM 6, Hogans WM matches aren't all that impressive. Look at Shawns list of great ones:

vs. Razor WM 10-The First ladder match, revolutionary and unbeatable at the time

vs. Bret Hart WM 12-First ever iron man match, 60 minutes of the best wrestling you will see anywhere anytime

vs. Austin WM 14-Classic match, and Shawn put on a 5 star match with a broken back.

vs. Jericho WM 19-Shawn's comeback WM, great technical match all around one of the best in his career.

vs. Benoit vs. HHH WM 20-One of the best triple threats of all time brutal and fast paced action.

vs. Kurt Angle WM 21- Truly one of the greatest one on one matches i have ever seen. Mat classic that shows how great both these guys are.

vs. John Cena WM 23-Shawn put on a hell of a match with Cena here. not quite Shawn's best but probably Cena's best. Shawn elevated Cena to another level in this match.

vs. Ric Flair WM 24-The emotion of this match made it great. Not to mention that it was pretty damn solid in the ring as well.

vs. Taker WM 25 & 26-These were two of the most exciting WrestleMania matches ever. The first one defiantly surpasses the second, however they were both roller coaster matches.

Mr Wrestlemania is the title given to the man who "steals" the show. Not on if the are the best, won every match they performed in etc. No it's about stealing the crowd. And there is only one man who can do this in my opinion. Shawn Michaels, it's why he bears the title. He steals the show every time he performs at wrestlemania so yeah. Shawn is MR WRESTLEMANIA.

I have to go with Shawn on this one. IMO I believe he should be called Mr. Pay Per View. I mean it doesnt matter what PPV it is He always comes through. But When it comes to Wrestlemania Shawn Shines even more. He could have a broke back and be out there performing like he was 100%. It is amazing the types of matches he delivers. Man its a shame he retired because I would have sure liked to see HHH vs HBK at wrestlemania. I mean they dont make many like shawn they come once in a lifetime and I feel bad that my kids will not be able to see him live like I was fortunate enough to see.

HBK all the way. there is a reason he was called "the icon" and "the showstopper". he always stole the show; on Raw, Smackdown, any PPV and especially at Mania.

this guy had stellar matches for the IC Title, WHC and just for a rivalry, such as with Jericho, McMahon, Flair and Taker.

interestingly enough, two careers were ended in an HBK Mania match: Ric Flair's and his own.

this guy always stole the show. always. he has like 10 Match of the Year winners and with the exception of one (against Jannetty on Raw) they all took place at Mania.

Hogan has had some important matches at Mania (like against Andre and Warrior) but they weren't great matches.

Taker has had some really good matches at Mania too (Batista and Edge and Flair come to mind) but his absolute best matches were against HBK.

HBK stole the show and so deserves the title more than Hogan and Taker and anybody else, despite his win/loss record. he had the most people cheering for the longest time, and that's what it's all about.

You're all forgetting Randy Savage! This guy stole the show on the first 8 Wrestlemanias!

WM 3 - One of the greatest maches of all time with Ricky Steamboat.

WM 4 - Wins the tournament to become WWF Champion.

WM 5 - Has a great match with Hulk.

WM 7 - Best match of the night with Warrior.

WM 8 - And another classic with Flair to win the WWF Championship.

Shawn Michaels takes it as far as match quality matches at WM. The list of great matches hes had at WrestleMania pales that of the Undertaker and Hogan.

Taker didn't even start having real quality matches at WrestleMania until his match with Kane at WM 14.
You're kidding right? His match against Diesel wasn't a quality match? What about the No DQ match against Sid Vicious? Have you even seen them? To imply that the Undertaker didn't have any good matches until Kane showed up is just silly.

And other than his match with Rock at WM 18 and maybe you could say Warrior at WM 6, Hogans WM matches aren't all that impressive.
Nothing impressive about Wrestlemania 3, nope history certainly wasn't made there.:rolleyes:

This is where I'm going to point out how biased and blind people are when it comes to Shawn Michaels;

Look at Shawns list of great ones:

vs. Razor WM 10-The First ladder match, revolutionary and unbeatable at the time
Was Shawn Michaels a good performer? Undoubtedly. But it takes two to tango and Scott Hall certainly wasn't in need of Michaels carrying him, this match is just as much a Scott Hall classic as it is a Michaels one.

vs. Bret Hart WM 12-First ever iron man match, 60 minutes of the best wrestling you will see anywhere anytime
Again half of this match is Bret Hart, it's not as though Michaels could've pulled this off with anyone, it needed Bret Hart to be a success.

vs. Austin WM 14-Classic match, and Shawn put on a 5 star match with a broken back.
Again this match wouldn't be a classic without Austin.

vs. Jericho WM 19-Shawn's comeback WM, great technical match all around one of the best in his career.
Again, this match is only as good as the people involved. Jericho deserves just as much credit for this match as Michaels.

vs. Benoit vs. HHH WM 20-One of the best triple threats of all time brutal and fast paced action.
Again, this match contains two other wrestlers who were just as good as Michaels (Benoit was better).

vs. Kurt Angle WM 21- Truly one of the greatest one on one matches i have ever seen. Mat classic that shows how great both these guys are.
Kurt Angle deserves half the credit.

vs. John Cena WM 23-Shawn put on a hell of a match with Cena here. not quite Shawn's best but probably Cena's best. Shawn elevated Cena to another level in this match.
Now here's a match where HBK deserves the credit, he carried Cena during the match, not to say that Cena's terrible but he certainly isn't at the technical level that Michaels was at. So there he goes, Michaels can have 1.

vs. Ric Flair WM 24-The emotion of this match made it great. Not to mention that it was pretty damn solid in the ring as well.
Again, Michaels can have second victory because he was working with a wrestler who had become rather limited in comparison to what he'd been capable of a decade beforehand.

vs. Taker WM 25 & 26-These were two of the most exciting WrestleMania matches ever. The first one defiantly surpasses the second, however they were both roller coaster matches.

Both of these matches are quite overrated, I'll give credit where credit is due, the first match was the highlight of that WM. The second one didn't live up to the first but was in no way bad. That being said both guys gave it there all, for arguments sake I'll give Michaels the second match because the Undertaker had become rather limited in the year between the two matches.

It'd be silly of me to imply that these matches weren't good. Because they were, but to me the people involved in these matches were often just as good as Michaels and in the case of Angle and Benoit, I'd say they were overall better.

The argument for "Mr Wrestlemania" is a bit difficult, seeing as it's generally based on match quality and it's incredibly rare for a match to be of particularly high quality on the back of a single person. Which is why I personally don't feel that the title belongs to anyone. However in the spirit of the thread. the following are people who've had multiple classic matches at Wrestlemania who could be considered "Mr Wrestlemania";

Chris Jericho
Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle
The Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage

And there are others. Attributing that sort of title to someone is borderline impossible because a truly good match needs two amazing wrestlers, which is why no one man is worthy of holding that title.

I am inclined towards Undertaker. To say that Undertaker has improved with age is wrong. He was always that good. Its just that Vince was so crazy about his gimmick since it was the greatest gimmick of all time, that he was the only one who could carry the giants. Guys like Giant Gonzales, Mark Henry, King Kong Bundy and Big Bossman could never have dreamt of being in Maina events if it was not for the Undertaker. Put Shawn Michaels against any one of them, and you'll know that you don't even have a match.

Okay, I gotta ask, what in the blue hell is wrong with you? Are you serious with this statement? Please tell me this was a joke. First off, HBK has wrestled against Batista, Kevin Nash, The Big Show, Taker, Kane, Vader, hell, even Chris Freakin Masters. All of them are "bug guys" and he has had great matched with all of them. So yeah, HBK can wrestle and have great matches with big guys.

Now onto the thing that boggles my mind the most. You say that only the Undertaker can carry giants such as Giant Gonzales, Mark Henry, King Kong Bundy, and Big Bossman? Well, if that is what you consider "carrying" by the dead man than that is a sad reflection on his abilities. Have you even watched the matches he had with all of those guys? They are generally considered to be some of the WORST matches ever. Not just in the history of Wrestlemania, but eeeevvvvveeeeeerrrrrrr. Matches so bad that the show would have been better off without them. So yeah, that argument...not a very good one. Just sayin.

Alright, now that I got that out of the way.......moving on to the topic at hand. Judging by my Sig and Avi, you can probably guess who I am going to vote for as Mr. Wrestlemania, a title that was not self-promoted by HBK, but a title that he earned through his all time classic performances on the grandest stage of them all. Wrestling is not about win/loss records. It is not about who someone beat, or who someone lost too. It is not about titles. Wrestling is about entertaining the crowd. That's it. In terms of in-ring performances is there anyone who did that better than HBK? I don't think so. HBK is Mr. Wrestlemania, and IMO it is a title that he will never lose.

I would have to go with Shawn Michaels.

My reason is simple, he is part of awesome matches. Not once did I hate an HBK Wrestlemania match. Yes you need another guy, but HBK makes it fun and enjoyable each time because for me, I love HBK. The reason why I did not pick Undertaker is because I do not give a shit about the streak. I care about watching an enjoyable match, and besides him and Shawns' matches, the only other one I felt as my favorite was Taker vs. Orton BECAUSE of Orton. Back to the streak, is it a great honor? Yes. Was it planned? At first, no. Now is it planned? Yes. Shawn delivering in high quality matches at his age with his injuries is much more enjoyable to me and deserves honor than Undertaker's streak, just because his streak is a given now, not something he needs to earn. Delivering at Wrestlemania and making everyone cheer is something you need to earn, and I feel Shawn did it BETTER than Undertaker. Not saying Undertaker didn't do that, Shawn just did it better.

I think it has to be Hogan. Without Hogan HBK, The Undertaker or anyone else you want to throw into this mix would not have had the opportunity. Hogan was so over with everyone and he basically kept the then WWF alive and running because of his charisma and size and the way he was scipted to beat his opponents. Hogan by far is Mr. Wrestlemania the others were just along for the ride that he started and kept going long enough for them to join in.

However in the spirit of the thread. the following are people who've had multiple classic matches at Wrestlemania who could be considered "Mr Wrestlemania";

Chris Jericho
Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle
The Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage

And there are others. Attributing that sort of title to someone is borderline impossible because a truly good match needs two amazing wrestlers, which is why no one man is worthy of holding that title.

Top of that list is the True Mr Wrestlemania...

has he EVER had a bad match?

Taker is the most over hyped old man i've ever seen. The whole IWC love him? I dread his matches every year at WM cos everyone know that every year, title on the line, title not on the line, he'll win... do that 57 - 0 pretnet to be dead and do one, until next WM

Was Shawn Michaels a good performer? Undoubtedly. But it takes two to tango and Scott Hall certainly wasn't in need of Michaels carrying him, this match is just as much a Scott Hall classic as it is a Michaels one.

I'm gonna say what Ric Flair said about this match:
Shawn basically went out there and had a match with a ladder.

I think this guy (Scott Hall) has to go into the thread entitled
'Most Overrated By IWC'
His promos were fine but nothing very interesting in the ring.
HBK however pulled out a blinder in this match.
Noone really talks about this, but Hall won the match and the IC title.
But we do talk about what a match HBK had!!

Again half of this match is Bret Hart, it's not as though Michaels could've pulled this off with anyone, it needed Bret Hart to be a success.

Here I agree, I think Bret and Shawn had the best chemistry, and complimented each other magnificently.

Again this match wouldn't be a classic without Austin.
Absolutely, Austin was a juggernaut heading into this and had a very stellar night

Again, this match is only as good as the people involved. Jericho deserves just as much credit for this match as Michaels.
I'm gonna go on a limb and say this match is a very very underrated match and Y2J at his best here.
The buildup for this was just amazing and the match itself had break-neck pace.
I'd watch this match all day!

Again, this match contains two other wrestlers who were just as good as Michaels (Benoit was better).

uhhhh ye kinda, but this was Benoit's moment and the crowd was solidly behind him

Kurt Angle deserves half the credit.

More than half, I have never seen anyone push HBK to the level he did at this night.
Not Bret, Not Taker.
This is Shawn's best match.Period.

Now here's a match where HBK deserves the credit, he carried Cena during the match, not to say that Cena's terrible but he certainly isn't at the technical level that Michaels was at. So there he goes, Michaels can have 1.

Well said. Micheals(more than HHH) made Cena coza this match. But then again Cena did show he's no slouch either. He had to up his game too, ppl tend to ignore that.

Both of these matches are quite overrated, I'll give credit where credit is due, the first match was the highlight of that WM. The second one didn't live up to the first but was in no way bad. That being said both guys gave it there all, for arguments sake I'll give Michaels the second match because the Undertaker had become rather limited in the year between the two matches.

I think the WM 25 match was a lot better than the WM 26 in reference to the build-up, match execution, and great in-ring story-telling.
But I wouldn't call any of the two overrated, not because I'm a romantic, but because no other match on the card even came close to competing with them for two years straight!

I'd give Mr. Wrestlemania to HBK and closely to Kurt Angle, because he has always delievered very very good matches.

it only can be Shawn no one can perform he did at WM every match he was in at Wrestlemania was showstopper and you could more or less guarantee if he was to be in a match it was going to be the best one on card

It's Hogan. Say what you want about the technical aspects of his ring work, but he flat out meant more to WM's success than any other wrestler. WM3 had Savage/Steamboat and that match takes a seat behind Andre/Hogan. Hogan carried WM for several years. Taker and HBK weren't the main focus until the past couple. They've had great matches, but Hogan's had the most important matches in WM history. Andre/Hogan alone was far more important than any match Taker or HBK ever wrestled. So was Rock/Hogan. Hell Hogan/Warrior was bigger than any match either HBK or Taker worked. It's not about win/loss records. It's about entertainment and impact. No one had an impact on WM like Hogan did. To even suggest otherwise is foolish.

It's gotta be HBK. I could have chosen The Undertaker, but he already has "The Streak". Plus, the most entertaining "streak" matches were against HBK, IMO.

Shawn Michaels is just superior, great entertainer. I don't even think this is about his wrestling, is it ever? I mean, we watch wrestling cause it's entertaining, and HBK did exactly that. Seriously, he deserves it. He made himself "Mr. Wrestlemania" and he sure damn deserves it.

IMO. :)

For me as an older fan it has to be the Hulkster. Maineventing WM1 can never be overstated. The steel cage vs Bundy was big at the time. Hogan-Andre a classic at the time, Hogan-Savage the build up was over a year in the making!, Hogan-Warrior another classic. Hogan-Slaughter, clearly not good. Hogan-Sid that was awesome when papa shango came out and then the warrior came back....AWESOME!! At the end of the day Hulk hogan's wwf vs Undertaker/Michaels WWF/e are two different eras and types of wrestling. It is hard to compare.

I have to go with HBK, basically based on quality over quantity. While it's true that HBK wasn't always in the main event & didn't always wrestle for the title or win his match, he consistently put on the best match of the night. He helped establish a new kind of match. Iron man match against Hart. Even if he had never come back from the injury, & his last 'mania appearance was vs Austin @ 14, he'd still have a good legacy. But he comes back and adds even more classics. He also contributed to 2 of the most emotional moments-Flair's retirement & his own. He even pulled a decent match out of Cena! If you go with the numbers, you'd say Hogan or the Undertaker. But for pure quality, it's HBK.

For me there are 3 people deserving of this accoloade. Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. Others worth a mention are Rock, Austin and Bret but they dont come close to these 3.

Hulk Hogan - How many times has this guy Main Evented Wrestlemania? Out of the 3, an educated guess is that The Hulkster has gone last more than Shawn or Taker. It's easy to forget the earlier Wrestlemanias, but Hogan headlined 8 of the first 9 Wrestlemanias (if you include the Yokozuna match). Wrestlemania is here today because of Hulkamania. Sure Vince created it, but without it hanging off Hulkamanias coat tails, Wrestlemania probably wouldnt be around today. Andre, Warrior and later on Rock and McMahon are unforgettable matches IMO. He wasn't the best wrestler of the 3, but he was certainly bigger to the Wrestling industry. Hogans legacy will never be matched IMO.

Shawn Michaels - The self proclaimed "Mr Wrestlemania" and few would argue otherwise. His win loss record is not that impressive but its not about egos. Its about entertaining and Shawn has done that more than anyone. Hart, Taker, Angle, Ramon were TOP drawer matches. Some of the best ever...even then you have Austin, Flair, Jericho, McMahon, Cena to think about. Hell, even his match at WM8 against El "DoorMat" was acceptable. Did Shawn ever have a "bad" Wrestlemania? If you were to list the best 10 matches ever at WM, Shawns name would appear the most. The only regret I have about HBK's WM career is he never fought Triple H. I so wished they would of done that at WM26 instead of Taker part 2.

The Undertaker - The streak. Thats all I have to say. Yes its scripted but for Taker to go to WM and win every match is a feat in itself. Taker has probably had more stinkers than Hogan and Shawn (Bossman, Gonzlazes, that awful tag match) but his legacy will be left on WM forever given he won every match. I have to say his matches have got much better over the years, the 2 with Shawn were as much him as Shawn, 2 decent match ups with Kane, 1 with Triple H - he has definately improved with age. I would hazzard a guess that most people look at a WM card and look forward to Takers match the most. Yes we all know the outcome, but there is always the "what if" factor. The streak going now would probably be the biggest WM moment, even more so than Hogan slamming Andre or Shawn retiring Flair.

So what are your thoughts? Is it in age thing? The younger fans will obviously go for Taker or Shawn. But the old skool fans, are we pro Hogan?
The Undertaker, enough said! He's undefeated at Wrestlemania (18-0). Wrestlemania is the Undertaker's yard big dog or not (remember WM 19?). As far as Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels goes, Hogan no because after Wrestlemania got off the ground from the very first Wrestlemania it was no longer a one man show as far as headling. Hulk Hogan help pave the way for Wrestlemania's in the beginning. But after Hogan left for WCW the rest was on everyone else.

And as far as HBK Shawn Michaels. Wrestlemania is HBK's grand stage too. But Shawn Michaels has a losing record at mania than winning. You could look it up! Before & after HBK's first retirement. If that's the case, what about Bret Hart? So I beleive that the Undertaker is the undisputed mr. Wrestlemania.

I'm not going to try to debate between Shawn, Hogan, or Taker. I'd rather offer up a solid #4 and ask if you think this man could even tease a rise into the #3 spot. Randy Savage.

Savage "stole the show" with Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3.

Savage shocked us all by winning the WWF Title at Wrestlemania 4.

Savage turned heel mid-reign to drop the belt to Hogan at Wrestlemana 5.

Savage had a war with Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 7.

Savage beat Flair for the WWF Title in an all time classic at Wrestlemania 8.

If you look at overall match quality, could you throw Savage into the discussion at least?

HBK, he may not have always been in the main event at Wrestlemania but he always had one of the (if not the) best matches, he would steal the show. It's called World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT and as far as I'm concerned Shawn Michaels has always had the most entertaining matches. Hulk Hogan's only had 2 matches worth mentioning with Andre The Giant and The Ultimate Warrior whereas nearly all of Shawn Michaels matches have been great. Undertaker's best matches at Wrestlemania were with HBK and the rest of his matches at Wrestlemania were not as good as those 2. The Streak would easily make Undertaker the best at Wrestlemania if Pro Wrestling was real but its not and its scripted so it doesn't matter too much in this discussion.

As far as I'm concerned The Streak only mattered from Wrestlemania 14 onwards, thats when the matches became entertaining. It's important that Hulk Hogan was in the first 9 Wrestlemania's but only in 2 of those Wrestlemania's did he have a good match in my opinion when the other 7 weren't entertaining, sure it was good for Hulk Hogan fans to see their hero win but looking back at those matches they'd realise that they werent the best.

Shawn Michaels is Mr Wrestlemania.

Mr. WrestleMania is Shawn Michaels...theres no question about it...every year he had gone out at wrestlemania and he stole the show, he always put on the best match at the whole of the ppv...his matches are the ones that got called pure wrestling...he is just made for performing at the highest level..

Do I need to name you his WrestleMania history???

It didn't matter whether he won or lost...he was always the performer that performed the best at the end of the match...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back