• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What WWE Wrestler Needs a New Finisher

Johnny Nitro's finishing move that he used at Vengeance is probably the worst finishing move i have ever seen in my entire life! I could've kicked out of that at 1, even if he did that move 10,000 times!

What was wrong with CM Punk's Anaconda Vice? That was an amazing submission move! Now he's got that gay GTS thing.

Agreed, as a finisher. I don't like the GTS.
As a signature or set-up move sure, but it just doesn't work as a finisher.
I wish they'd just allow him to use his old finisher, the Pepsi Plunge.
If he did the top rope pedigree all would be well on the Punk ECW front.

I agree Lashley needs something, but what about this.

1. The old Torture Rack from Lex Luger. I think it would be a nice fit. Good submission move.
2. When you want a pinning move take the man up into the torture rack position and spin him off your shoulders like an F5 and land him on his back. BOOM solid finisher. Match over.

give kennedy the float over ddt as a set-up for a kenton (nothing wrong with using a splash as a finisher)

lashley needs to go back to the original dominator.

With finishers some people need to have a move only they do not other people. Ex Edge, Lashley, Batista.
Batista should stick to his spin buster and Batista Bomb. no more spear
The torture rack could work for Lashley because he is big just like Luger was.
Edge should be the only one with the spear.
Eugene needs his own gimmick that isn't what he does now and his own moves instead of doing former wrestlers moves.
Snitsky needs something besides a boot tot he face. I find that more as a set up move. Someone like him should have a powerbomb like the Jacknife powerbomb Nash did.
Umaga should use the top rope splash that he has been doing as his finisher. I never new how someone could lose a match by being poked in the throat.
Chris Masters should keep the Masterlock but get another finisher just because the Masterlock has been broken. He looks like someone that could use the Arn Anderson spinebuster.
MVP should get a high impact finisher now that he is a star. The move he does now was good when he was starting, but now that he has a title he needs something better. The Rude Awakening would be a great finisher for him or a neckbreaker like it.
Boogeyman should go back to the Boogeyslam which was the move he used to beat Simon Dean in his first match. It was different and Khali already uses the double handed chokebomb.
:xmen:

I think umaga does; a thumb to the face doesnt look like it hurts that badly, and santino marrella doesnt even have a finisher

I'd say CM Punk should quit using the GTS it takes to long to set up and just like what happened last night on ECW Burke hit Punk with his elbow and countered it. I think he should go back to using the Anaconda Vice because...

1.) It's quick

2.) It targets multiple areas. The upper body, shoulder, wrist, and elbow.

3.) It can make people tap even if you haven't targeted those areas.

But that's just my opinion...feel free to respond.

I also think that Kane should go back to use the Tombstone Piledriver All he uses is the chokeslam and a top-rope diving lariat. Keep the chokeslam but add the Tombstone. One or the other to finish but not both like Undertaker that would just be copying the Deadman. Once again that's just my opinion...feel free to respond.

I don't know why people don't like like the Soman Spike. After getting hit in the throat would make it hard to breathe. You would be trying to catch your breath while you got pinned.

I think Elijah Burke needs a new finisher. The Elijah Express would be a good set up move. I can't think of another move for him though, but if they want him to be a main eventer, he needs something new and more devastating.

I also think that Kane should go back to use the Tombstone Piledriver All he uses is the chokeslam and a top-rope diving lariat. Keep the chokeslam but add the Tombstone. One or the other to finish but not both like Undertaker that would just be copying the Deadman. Once again that's just my opinion...feel free to respond.

kane's knees are shot, that's why he doesn't do the tombstone anymore, he also can't do very many power moves anymore... he can't even do the one arm sidewalk slam anymore

big pink machine

I don't know why people don't like like the Soman Spike. After getting hit in the throat would make it hard to breathe. You would be trying to catch your breath while you got pinned.

I think Elijah Burke needs a new finisher. The Elijah Express would be a good set up move. I can't think of another move for him though, but if they want him to be a main eventer, he needs something new and more devastating.

I like how Umaga uses the butt bash as as et-up and then finishes them with the spike.
You can tell sometimes that he doesn't really hit them,
but as with most things in WWE, you have to use your imagination.

I'd like to see Elijah with a move I saw at an indie wrestling match with Derek Fraizer.
A spinning Unprettier,
it sets up the same way with their head behind your back and you're holding their arms,
but they're facing up instead of down,
then the wrestler does a spin and drops them on their face.
Pretty sick, I think it would work for him nicely.

kane's knees are shot, that's why he doesn't do the tombstone anymore, he also can't do very many power moves anymore... he can't even do the one arm sidewalk slam anymore

big pink machine

If "his knees are shot", can you explain to me how come he did a tombstone on Lita on Raw last year? And by the way he always does one arm sidewalk slams.

He's sort of a combination between Goldberg and Lesnar, but while he has all their combined in ring talents, he doesn't have the 'presence' to match them.

If "his knees are shot", can you explain to me how come he did a tombstone on Lita on Raw last year? And by the way he always does one arm sidewalk slams.

His knees are shot. Lita is a 130 pound girl and Kane is a 320 pound man. Kane could have a broken back and could probably still give give Lita a descent tombstone. Kane doesn't have the strength in his knees to constantly give men who are almost as big as he is, a tombstone piledriver, safely.

As far as the sidewalk slam, I agree, he still does the one arm sidewalk slam and the one arm tilt a whirl slam on occasion.

I'm not a fan of C.M. Punk's Go2Sleep, but it looks cool when it's sold well (like when Carlito took it in their match). I liked the Anaconda Vice too, but maybe it was too much pain for some wrestlers or maybe they didn't want him using the set-up move(the Uranage Suplex aka Rock Bottom/Book-End)

Khali should use the two-handed chokeslam more and Umaga should use the Samoan Splash more too. He looks like Fatu in his Headshrinker days when he does it, and that was when it looked devastating.

M.V.P. definitely needs a new finisher. The Playmaker/Overdrive just looks stupid. Why not let him use the Christian's reverse DDT when he dropped his whole body? It would fit his style pretty well, and it wouldn't be a blatant finisher copy, the same way that Taker uses a choke-slam as a set-up while Kane uses it as a finisher. Another good one is the sleeper slam, where the guy locks on a sleeper, then moves back and drops them into a slam. Jericho called it the Flashback when he used it.

Johnny Nitro might be trying to adapt the 2nd rope neckbreaker as a finisher, but he'd be better off going for a quick-hit move, something like a Downward Spiral or a Jarrett Stroke finisher. What about Jericho's Full Nelson Facebuster he tried for a time? (Amazing how Jericho had all those great set-up/finisher moves, and the most poular was a simple 2nd rope moonsault and a modified Boston Crab...)

Cena and Lashley are already over, so they don't need new finishers, although Cena could do with mayb making a third finisher, maybe off the top rope. Carlito's Backstabber doesn't always look great, but it always gets a pop. as does Punks GTS, altough in my opinion he should use both the GTS and Anaconda Vice. Johnny Nitro, in my opinion, needs TWO finishers to get over. I think he should do a top rope somersault leg drop(Old School Booker T, remember the Harlem Hangover?) and a spinning Brainbuster. Umaga should use that monster Samoan Drop more often as finisher. Shelton Benjamin should use... aw who cares he's never gonna make it big in WWE. MVP needs to use ANYTHING bsides the playmaker. Chris Masters needs a power move to compliment the Masterlock, either a cool spinout Powerbomb or... Duh how about a full nelson suplex?! How did I never think of that before?

...Kane doesn't have the strength in his knees to constantly give men who are almost as big as he is, a tombstone piledriver, safely...

Not constantly Echelon, but i cant understand how Kane is still working with guys like Khali(wm23, when he BODYSLAMMED Kahli!!), William Regal(who isnt a feather, the guy is 240lbs or so...)Dave Taylor(even heavier than Regal by 10 or 15 lbs..) and now "the self proclamed Silver-Crap" Mark Henry (about 400lbs) and the WWE aproves it!! The guy is suffering with his knees from a long time, and he should take some time off right now! I cant see this happening though, because i have the feeling that Kane is next in line for a WHC shot.
anyway, it will be a shame too see Kane retiring soon because of a major knee problem....

Now, for a wrestler who needs a new finisher... I think Mr.Kennedy will need something new now that he returns soon, i really cant see Kennedy doing the green Bay plunge on Triple H, or Cena for example.... He needs something like a stunner or a quick submission move, maybe now he can take the sharpshooter and take it to another level!
isnt it ironic? if he choose the sharpshooter, he could call the move: The Kennedy Shooter...not too apropriate i guess.

The Kennedy Shooter?! You may as well call it The Grassy Knowl then.

Maybe Kennedy could use the Ankle Lock. Ken Shamrock used it first, then Angle took it, so maybe it could work for Kennedy too. He'd have to change his arsenal a little bit to be more technical to work the lower leg/ankle though.

Does anyone know, or can find it online, the WWE banned moves? It'd be interesting to know what besides DDTs and piledrivers are on the list.

The Kennedy Shooter?! You may as well call it The Grassy Knowl then.

Maybe Kennedy could use the Ankle Lock. Ken Shamrock used it first, then Angle took it, so maybe it could work for Kennedy too. He'd have to change his arsenal a little bit to be more technical to work the lower leg/ankle though.

Does anyone know, or can find it online, the WWE banned moves? It'd be interesting to know what besides DDTs and piledrivers are on the list.

ken kennedy using the ankle lock is a bad idea it would completely mess him up no one in the wwe right now could use the ankle lock

I like kennedy's greenbay plunge. sick move and looks pretty devistating.

Nitro should have the corkscrew moonsault as his finisher

In my opinion the playmaker overdrive is good enough for now...i mean he is a heel so he will be winning most of his matches because of interferance or other ways of cheating. its not a bad move imo anyway. Kennedy's green bay plunge is great, rmeember when he did it to hornswoggle at WM23. hahah i jumped out of my seat. The only one who needs a new finisher is CM Punk, it should be somthing kick related, what i mean by that is like a karate move or somthing like that because he like RVD is good at using his feet and kicking. either that or a top rope move...

I think no one really needs a new finisher but they should work on just building up to the ones they have in a match. Just think of all the great finishers and have them performed by current superstars

Examples

Paul London doing the pedigree (Horrible image and we'd call for a new finisher right?)

Cena doing the Stunner (LMAO - Too funny and yet we'd call for a new finisher)

Now if these 2 examples did more ring psychology we'd be behind them 100% It's not that they can do them it's that the don't build up to them in a theatrical sense. All the finishers could be more devastating if they'd play up to them.

I agree with you all in the fact that MVP and Kennedy both need new moves. One move for one of them, don't matter what one, is the Widows Peak. Ok, I know it's a divas move right now, but Victoria is so underused right now, no one would notice, and you could always make it look a bit different ith a different name.
Another move seems more like an MVP move, the Unprettier. Someone already said that a while ago, but I'm quoting them on it, thats a great more.
One more move change, and I'm kinda worrying that I'm gonna get crapped on for this, as would CM Punk if he took this move, but can you guys imagine Punk with a Crossface? Not the "Crippler Crossface", but modify it and give it a different name. That'd be decent.

His knees are shot. Lita is a 130 pound girl and Kane is a 320 pound man. Kane could have a broken back and could probably still give give Lita a descent tombstone. Kane doesn't have the strength in his knees to constantly give men who are almost as big as he is, a tombstone piledriver, safely.

As far as the sidewalk slam, I agree, he stilll does the one arm sidewalk slam and the one arm tilt a whirl slam on occasion.
Ok, you got me on that one... but you have to admitt it would be cool to see Kane deliver a Tombstone (even though he can't)... I must say you know your stuff and I respect that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back