• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What WWE Wrestler Needs a New Finisher

Ok, you got me on that one... but you have to admitt it would be cool to see Kane deliver a Tombstone (even though he can't)... I must say you know your stuff and I respect that.

Maybe let him do a Tombstone once in a while, or give him something else to use, maybe something like a modified "Go to heaven" would look great with his height if he could get a good rotation. Or even a Jacknife even though powerbombs are everywhere latley.

http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/Moves2/GoToHeaven.wmv

Didn;t really know where to put this so I came back here.

WWE.com has a poll up about who has the best finisher on Smackdown. Aside from wwe's shameless promotion of King Leonidas from "300" the other options are the Masterlock(masters), the Celtic Cross(Finlay), and the Playmaker(MVP).

IMHO, the playmaker is one of the sloppyiest, "not making any sense", ridiculous moves and the fucked up part is that it's actually winning.
It sucked when Orton was doing it, and it sucks now.:twocents:

lol good call, that move just looks horrible, CM punk should have a different finisher bcus he will hot be able to use GTS on every wrestler its something how he did it to Cor Von

i think Mat Hardy needs a new finisher not dissing the guy or anything but he needs something other then the twist of fate it is to slow and easy to be reversed he should change it to something more fast something like the RKO or sweet chin music something that can come out of no where. he has had the twist of fate for as long as i can remember it needs to go, even the side effect looks better pulled off then that but ideally he needs something off the top rope as his finisher.
he is a Hardy he could pull it off easy.

I thinl the side effect would be a sweeter finisher than twist of fate also, even though it would be one of those "how can that possibly hurt?" finishers

Sine the WWE has an obsession with Cena, god give him a high impact finisher, the FU is just too weak.

Kennedy needs A finisher, the Kenton has disappeared due to JEff Hardy returning. And that top rope firemans roll only works on smaller guys.

I also agree on the spear being too used nowadays.

Give Kennedy a dominating finisher as he is obviously going to be a fast rising superstar due to the new McMahon angle.

Definetly Eugene. Instead of the impersonations it'll be some sort of superman deal.

Also Shelton Benjamin The t-bone is so rarely used and really doesnt seem like it would hurt too much, with vine's new MMA approach maybe it'll be some type of submission.

CM punk badly needs one. If he wants to contend for world title he needs a decent finisher.

I really think that Kane needs a new finisher, while the Chokeslam is a devestating move, u see guys like Taker use it mid-match.

The Best Finishers

1) The 619 and West Coast Pop- Rey Mysterio- It takes so much athletic ability to pull it off, and Rey does it great
2) Tombstone Piledriver- Undertaker- Really looks like it hurts like hell
3) Sweet Chin Music- HBK- Again, really looks painful
4) Samoan Spike- Umaga- This really depends on how he pulls it off, sometimes it looks great, sometimes not so great.
5) Swanton Bomb- Jeff Hardy- U gotta respect the athletic ability it takes to pull it off

The Worst

1) Chokeslam- Kane- Just doesnt exite me
2) The FU- John Cena- Does not evan look like it hurts
3) The GTS- CM Punk- L love Punk, but he should go back to the Vice
4) Batista Bomb- Ripoff of JBL's finisher
5) The Twist of fate- Matt and Jeff Hardy- If its not sold it looks HORRIBLE

I really think that Kane needs a new finisher, while the Chokeslam is a devestating move, u see guys like Taker use it mid-match.

The Best Finishers

1) The 619 and West Coast Pop- Rey Mysterio- It takes so much athletic ability to pull it off, and Rey does it great
2) Tombstone Piledriver- Undertaker- Really looks like it hurts like hell
3) Sweet Chin Music- HBK- Again, really looks painful
4) Samoan Spike- Umaga- This really depends on how he pulls it off, sometimes it looks great, sometimes not so great.
5) Swanton Bomb- Jeff Hardy- U gotta respect the athletic ability it takes to pull it off

The Worst

1) Chokeslam- Kane- Just doesnt exite me
2) The FU- John Cena- Does not evan look like it hurts
3) The GTS- CM Punk- L love Punk, but he should go back to the Vice
4) Batista Bomb- Ripoff of JBL's finisher
5) The Twist of fate- Matt and Jeff Hardy- If its not sold it looks HORRIBLE

JBL had a powerbomb but it wasnt his finisher. Batista has a sit down powerbomb while JBL his finisher. JBL was the close line from hell

Cena needs a new finisher or just needs to use the real death valley driver. Kennedy should use the tko or something Why doesnt cm punk use the pepsi plunge? and lashley def needs a new finisher maybe an f-5 into a bodyslam.

I'll try to give a top 5 best & worst list later.. but for now, this is what I have..

C.M. Punk's GTS is good, but only if it connects right. I mean, come on, its a solid knee to the jaw, how is that not effective?!

Jeff Hardy's Swanton being respected? Its a fricken summersault, he just tilts differently as he's flipping. You wanna respect someone for their finisher? RESPECT Gregory Helms when he used to do the Vertibreaker.. just the slightest wrong move & the opponents neck is literally broken. Career over, done for...

Regarding wrestlers who need finishers, or better finishers..

John Cena - FU (its a fireman's carry, glorified)
Santino - sneaky pins (no wonder people hate him)
Chris Masters - Masterlock (its been broken, its no longer effective - neither is a powerslam)

Now then, final note. Batista's B-Bomb.. I'm surprised he hasn't blown out his knees. It looks like everytime he does it, he waits until the last minute to sit down. I'm awaiting him seriously getting hurt when he finally mistimes it so bad, that he blows out a knee cap, somehow.

no matter how good the move, if it isnt sold right, then it wont look good. thats obvious. regardless, alot of finishers look as weak as a regular body slam. John Cena probably has the worse move. it's a standing fireman's carry. not exciting at all. but since Cena sucks so much anyway, he shouldnt even waste his time with getting a new finisher. Kennedy should get a new finisher. right now, his finisher is the kenton, which is impressive when you consider his size compared to jeff hardy. but kennedy is not hugh morous or val venis or macho man; his finisher should not be off the top rope for that very reason. kennedy is an up and coming star and he's going to bigger than jeff hardy because of his mic skills. his finisher shouldnt be the same as another star on the same roster. i'm not saying that kennedy should stop doing the kenton, but it should be used mid-match like how undertaker uses the chokeslam.

I think the superstar who needs a new finisher the most is Mr. Kennedy. I've thought long and hard about what that move could be and I've decided that it should be a Spiked DDT. More commonly known as an Evenflow DDT. Kennedy has a tendency to work the head of his opponents and even gives them the facewash boot to the face in the corner. It would be perfect seeing as Mr. Kennedy likes to play mind games and the head pertains to the mind. Yea I'm done, but you get my point.

What you guys all fail to realize is that finishers are not necessarily supposed to be huge impact moves that cause much pain. I mean let's look back at some of the great and what their finishers were:

Hulk Hogan: He had a legdrop! However lame the finisher was, it was over with the crowd and people believed in it. Despite being one of the lamest moves of all time, it was probably the one "high-flying" move Hogan could do without pulling a quad or blowing a knee out.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: Now is it just me or does the Stunner just look totally lame? I mean we all love it cuz it's Stone Cold's move, but in all honesty how much would it hurt you to take the Stunner?

The Rock: I mean the guy does a dance and then drops the lamest elbow ever, he doesn't even jump. Oooooh he threw his elbow pad into the crowd, but still everyone loved and appreciated the People's Elbow.

Do you see my point, finishing moves have nothing to do with how much pain they cause or how effective they are, the effectiveness of a finisher in the end is not even dictated by the person delivering the move, but rather by the guy on the receiving end who has to sell the move and make it believable.

As far as who actually needs a new finisher, John Cena definitely does not need a new one as the FU fits my criteria of an effective, the fans know that's his move and he often uses it to win matches, despite it not really being a move that would cause much pain. Kennedy IMO does not even really have an actual finisher, I mean how often does he use the Kenton Bomb or Green Bay Plunge to win a match? I would love to see someone bust out old school Jericho and use the double powerbomb as their finisher.

And on a side note, would the 630 splash really be that much more effective that a Swanton? I mean that extra somersault just makes it look cooler and doesn't really make it more effective.

End of rant.

Edge - Give him back the Edgucator, it was original and looked better and the Spear would work as a good setup move for it.

Lashley - Give him back his Dominator, or something different. I could see him with something like a Torture Rack flipped into a DDT. That could work for him

Kennedy - The GB Plunge is a cool move but just doesn't work for everyone. For his strength maybe a pumphandle reverse DDT or something like that.

Masters - Base it off the Masterlock, a Full Nelson Facebuster like what Jericho used would be good for him. He already works the head, and that and his submission would fit right together so he could easily do one then the other right away.

Shelton Benjamin - I could see him with the Omega Driver, or maybe a submission move like the Koji Clutch.

Batista needs a new one really bad. He won't get one though, he'll stay with the "Batista Bomb"

C.M. Punk also needs one the GTS looks very sloppy and painless. He should go back to the Anaconda Vice.

i think if hulk hogan wrestled in more matches he would have to change his finisher because lets face it, its 2007 and who get pinned 1-2-3 with a running leg drop?!!!

hardcore holly also needs a new finisher cuz the alabama slam is over-rated and it dosent look like it hurts sum1 that much to have them lose a match.

and jerome lol lawler needs to change his move asap just because!
thats all i can think of right now

People who need new finishers.....

1. Mr. Kennedy- this guy needs a new finisher bad and since coming to Raw i don't think fans even now what his finisher is....may I suggest one...The Death Valley Driver...would put Cena's glorified Fireman's Carry to shame. And is a move no one on the roster is using so it would stand out.

2. Bobby Lashley- This guy is a helluva wrestler but needs a finisher that fits him better....I think since they(meaning wwe) have gone out of their way in my opinion to make him their new version of Lesnar....the whole NCAA background stuff and his jump from the floor to the apron....why not give him Lesnar's move the F5 or Verdict or whatever you want to call it. I think that move would fit him very well and i think improve his standing with the fans.

3. John Cena- I am sort of torn on this cause I absolutely love laughing at the glorified Fireman's Carry and it makes it even easier for me to hate Cena besides all the other reasons to hate him.....And he also needs to get rid of the submission hold.....Techincal Wrestlers use submission holds not brawlers which Cena clearly is. Benoit, Hart, Flair and Kurt Angle get submission holds cause they can wrestle......Cena in my opinion isn't worthy.

4. Shelton Benjamin- This guy can wrestle no doubt about it....Hell give him Cena's submission hold.....and i think you can have the next Chris Benoit...The guy is also a high flyer as well....but since WWE has outlawed most of the good top rope moves the only left is the frog/five star splash and that would not be a good choice for Shelton.

To me Cm Punks move is pretty sad, doesn't look like it would hurt at all

actually when its done right the GTS is actually a pretty good move.

the person i think needs a new finisher is MVP the playmaker/overdrive is ok but he needs a more serious move maybe like the death valley driver, i know someone said it for kennedy but i think it would fit MVP better.

i agree with the finisher has to be something powerful, one of a kind, and can be pulled out whenever. like HBK, his kick can come out of nowhere. i think someone such as johnny nitro should get a new one if he is getting the new push to be a next top wrestler. give khali a big powerbomb, that'll be sweet. bring back some of the high rope finishers to.

Another wrestler i forgot was Mr Kennedy. he really doesnt have a set finisher right now so what i think would be a good finisher for him is a move he already does, i think he should use the green bay plunge but from a standing position set up like the FU then he does the flip onto the person and makes the FU seem basic(which it actually is)

you all have named the obivious and i agree but how about the not so obivious names like

Jimmy Wang Yang - his moonsault is nice but does his opponent really need to be standing up. with his eleavtion it would cause more damage just to land it reagualry

Cody Rhodes - don't even know waht it is but if you wanna become established as a major up-and-comer you have to have something besides roll-ups and School Boy pins

The Sandman - In ECW a white russian leg sweep was fine due to the extreme rules but take the cane away and it's just a regular Russian Leg Sweep and the rollng rock looks just like that....a big ass rock falling off the top rope

Mark Henry - The World's Strongest Slam is just a dumb move all around you pick someone up and fall...this could be more damaging on someone with some more weight like Viscera(Big Daddy V) or even Khali but Henry although big is not big enough

The Miz - his swinging neckbreaker is...well actually it's ok but needs a lot of work to help with the impact and force

I think MVP do. The playmaker doesnt cut it for me. like ive seen a handful of superstars to do his finisher. like Matt Striker...Randy Orton and more but he needs something original.

kennedy needs a new one, so does shelton and MVP.

finishers shud b devsatating and fast. eg. STUNNER, ROCK BOTTOM CHOKESLAM SPEAR SWEET CHIN MUSIC PEDIGREE etc these cud cum out of nowhere.

submissions = walls of jericho, ankle lock and crippler crossface

electryfying moves - PEOPLES ELBOW:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back