• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What WWE Wrestler Needs a New Finisher

i agree kennedy does need a new one cause finlay and rvd used to used it as a regular move and it looks too dangerous to constantly do it off the top rope

MvP also.. I never really liked that finisher cause when its used in the wwe its never preformed right

I also think Kennedy needs a new finisher.

The Green Bay Plunge is weak and getting old. Also if they want to establish him as a main-even player he would deff need a new finisher. A finisher that he could do out of nowhere like the RKO or the Stunner but hey that's just my opinion.

Ok I'm going to put the wrestler's name "suggested" finisher.

*Bobby Lashley - The Dominator (what was wrong with that move?)
*Hardcore Holly - The Falcon Arrow (but he has to study the way Hayabusa did it)
*John Cena - Death Valley Driver (The F-U is a glorified fireman's carry, why not just do the DVD, it has more impact and looks much better)
*Mr. Kennedy - Hawaiian Smasher
*Shelton Benjamin - Blockbuster
*Umaga - Top Rope Splash
*The Major Brothers - Give them a new gimmick!! LOL and new moves period.
*Edge - Downward Spiral (Don't know why he stopped using it, that spear has got to go!!)
*MVP - Last Rites/Roll the Dice
*The Great Khali - The Iron Claw
*CM Punk - Uranage to Anaconda Vice (He doesn't do justice to the GTS)

M.V.P. should use the mvp as his finisher........ More Vomit Please
Kennedy should have a Green Bay Cheesehead........ Stick his opponents face in his armpit (nasty boys ), then stunn them.

Kennedy should have a Green Bay Cheesehead........ Stick his opponents face in his armpit (nasty boys ), then stunn them.

honestly Im ok with kennedys current finisher the green bay plunge from a standing position still puts the FU to shame even though its not from the second rope.

PAUL LONDON IS IN DESPERATE NEED FOR A NEW FINISHER, I MEAN DOES HE EVEN HAVE A FINISHER? IF THEY WONT LET HIM USE THE 450 OR THE SHOOTING STAR PRESS WHY NOT A STANDING SHOOTING STAR PRESS OR THE Legsweep DDT THAT HE USE TO DO IN ROH

PAUL LONDON IS IN DESPERATE NEED FOR A NEW FINISHER, I MEAN DOES HE EVEN HAVE A FINISHER? IF THEY WONT LET HIM USE THE 450 OR THE SHOOTING STAR PRESS WHY NOT A STANDING SHOOTING STAR PRESS OR THE Legsweep DDT THAT HE USE TO DO IN ROH

Sucks that they ground all the high flyers except Mysterio, but yeah, that Legsweep DDT was a pretty good move or the standing shooting star could work, either him or Morrison should use that....Morrison really needs new ring attire too....

Chris Jericho---needs to do the original Lion Tamer..(knee to the back of the neck, not a boston crab)
The Great Khali---any wrestleing move would be nice
Umaga---full nelson slam
Mr. Kennedy----Front face lock drop (Michael Hayes)

Tommy Dreamer. A simple DDT doesn't really cut it for me as a finishing move as lots of wrestlers use it as a simple move.

Cena needs to loose the STFU. I'm not going to say why consedering it's been said time and time again in the John Cena thread.
I'd also like to see RKO get a second finisher. I remember a DDT that he did to RVD a while back when Orton won the IC title back when Evolution was around. He set RVD's legs up on the top turnbuckle and DDT pretty much at a 90 degree angle. That move won him the match and the title, but I havent seen him use it ever since then I don't think.

Cena needs to loose the STFU. I'm not going to say why consedering it's been said time and time again in the John Cena thread.
I'd also like to see RKO get a second finisher. I remember a DDT that he did to RVD a while back when Orton won the IC title back when Evolution was around. He set RVD's legs up on the top turnbuckle and DDT pretty much at a 90 degree angle. That move won him the match and the title, but I havent seen him use it ever since then I don't think.

-Well HHH was the victim of that rope DDT Last nite...lol

-The Spear is being overused in the WWE .. The kings of that move will forever be Rhyno and Goldberg

-Cena Used to do the Death Valley Driver at first( I remember Rikishi being a victim of it..lol)

- Lashley should just do the F-5 he already has lesnar's entrance poses..

-Edge should go back to the downward spiral or the edgecution DDT

- I do agree that CM Punk also has to go back to the old finisher he had.. cause not everyone sells The GTS the way it should be sold

Matt Hardy definitely could use one. Maybe a submission move, but they went that route with Khali. I just see Matt more of the type of guy who will make you tap out to put the match away.

I think Carlito should start using some sort of submission move right after his backstabber...it's a pretty good move but not a great finisher

Finishers bring more credibility to wrestlers and complete their persona. With that said here are the ones i feel need a new finsher and the reasons why.

1. Kennedy- How often does he use one of the so called finishers he has? Thats not a good sign. People identify to the wrestlers by their finshers. If Kennedy could grab onto another finisher his progession would improve immensly. I suggest for his size and stature and ability something like: Double arm DDT, Impaler DDT, Downward Spiral, a form of the Perfect plex.

2. Cody Rhodes- WWE is trying hard to push him because they need him. Sorry Cody, the only guy who really got over and made a name for himself using the DDT was Jake the Snake. Time to scrap it and come up with something more you. Simply put, it is just an idea: Go off of the name your daddy made and expand upon what made him...the bionic elbow.....something like a HBK like elbow drop might work for his soze and quickness.

3. Lance Cade- Bug guy who has the heel look to become pretty succesful as a single wrestler. Gotta have a nice power move though to end all matches. My suggestion: Suplex into a big front slam or somethin like that (kind of a variation of the jackhammer)

4. Santino Marella- Great on the mic and could be a nice heel to have people feud with if he started winning matches cleanly as a heel by using some sort of a finisher. My suggestion: Any type fo a submission. (I just see him being better on the ground doing some sort of submission), or give him the Double arm DDT.

Again fans can relate to the wrestlers better when they have the total package and the above mentioned are missing the final piece.

I agree that the finisher should be something you could pull out of nowhere for a shock ending, PLUS, it should be something that the fans can look forward to. Sweet Chin Music can pop out of thin air or he can "tune up the band". The Stone Cold Stunner could come out of a reversal or he could do the normal middle finger/kick to the gut/stunner combination. With that said...

1. Mr. Kennedy - Doesn't seem like he even has a finisher, really. He's great on the mic and he needs to get a move that the fans will identify with.

2. CM Punk - The GTS is really bad in my opinion. Too many finishers in the WWE right now involve the same set up (Kennedy's, Cena's, etc).

3. Carlito - The backstabber should be his set-up attack before his finisher, not the finisher itself.

4. Rey Mysterio - I'm sorry, but I think the 619 is awful. The setup for it is so awkward that it takes a giant suspension of disbelief. I'd much rather see him do a finisher that incorporated a top-rope maneuver.

5. Finlay - Does this guy even have a finisher? I don't know, because every match I've seen him win ends with him hitting the person with the shillelagh, lol.

6. Bobby Lashley - Seems a little stiff to me, like his work on the mic. Downplay the spear a little, too. Too many people trying to pass that off as a finisher.

7. Edge - Though he's the best at doing the spear, in my opinion, I've always felt that the big men like Batista are more suited for it. I'd like to see Edge use a more technically sound move...not such a brute strength one.

8. Umaga - I'd like to see his setup go this way: He gives someone the Samoan spike, knocking them to the ground. Then he drags their body to the turnbuckle and does that "Samoan Wrecking Ball". Since both are near a turnbuckle, finish them off with a Vader Bomb-like move. That way it delays the inevitable but it also gives you the reversal opportunity. If someone manages to get hit with the first two and you want the fans to think its all over, then surprise, the victim rolls out of the way of the VB and there is your turning point in the match. Naturally, he wouldn't name it the Vader Bomb, lol.

Shocked.

Cody needs a new finisher, matter fact the boy doesn't even have one? O wait! He does, and it's a roll-up.

He needs to get a new finisher, and don't ride his last name to get him to the top.

Rey needs a new finisher also, it is bloody awful and the way it is done is extremely wicked stupid finisher ever, FFS.

Another I have to say is CM Punks, it is so gay and awful just like him. Send him back to ROH and threaten the fans to take the belt and win.

John Morrison- I like the gimmick, his whole theme has worn on me. As for the finisher he used the moonsault corkscrew and he has done something along the lines of a corkscrew neckbreaker. I woul like to see him have an established one that you relate to John Morrison. For some reason i would like to see him do the razors edge.

Elijah Burke- The whole running and hitting someone with your knees up just doesn't do it for me. I like the idea of having a fast paced maneuver for him, but i think the one he uses is just bad and pure laziness on behalf of the creative team or whoever gave it to him.

Khali- i have an idea for the creative team. Dn't even waist your time on coming up with something for him ust pack his backs and send far far away. What a piece of crap. Kind of hard to participate in a wrestling match when it is awkward for you to walk.

I'd say MVP,santino,cody rhodes and lashly

MVP:his overdrive(playmaker) is getting old and he doesn't even use it that much

Bobby lashly: He needs an original finisher

spear: used by edge,goldberg,batista,etc.
dominator:used by farooq
runing power slam(dominator):Britsh bulldog and batista(sometimes)

santino: no finisher

Cody Rhodes: no finisher either

4. Santino Marella- Great on the mic and could be a nice heel to have people feud with if he started winning matches cleanly as a heel by using some sort of a finisher. My suggestion: Any type fo a submission. (I just see him being better on the ground doing some sort of submission), or give him the Double arm DDT.

I pretty much disagree, completely.

Santino dores need to establish something, but he doesn't need a devastating finisher to continue to get over. He is annoying, yet hilarious. I'd like to see him go on a run of wins by cheating, using the ropes, that kind of stuff.

In my opinion Shelton Benjamin is one guy who definetly needs to come up with a new finisher.The announcers keep calling his an exploder suplex but it's not like any exploder i've ever seen.The last time i saw him use it it seemed more like a hip throw slam.We've all seen how agile and athletic Benjamin is and i think he should put that to good use by using a move from the top turnbuckle.That way he could use the mat to top turnbuckle leap that he does to set himself up for his finisher.Something like Val Venis's Money Shot would suit him...Just an idea.

I also agree with most people on these pages when they say Kennedy should get a new finisher.His Green Bay Plunge is visually good but it's bound to take a toll on his body if he executes it in all his matches.I think the Perfect-Plex would be a great move for him to use or maybe it's just that i think it's a good move and i'd like to see somebody bring it back as their finisher.

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

I think the bobby lashleys best moves are gay because he got them from all different wrestlers he needs to make a move without copying someone.
CM Punk he needs a new move his move is from lots of different wrestles maby like the playmaker by MVP.
Tommy Dreamer his move is soooooooo old he needs a new one.
Santina Meralla He does not even have a damn move.
Cody Rhodes same with him!!
Randy Orton actrually i think his move is good for him it wouldn't be good for someone else

I agree that the finisher should be something you could pull out of nowhere for a shock ending, PLUS, it should be something that the fans can look forward to. Sweet Chin Music can pop out of thin air or he can "tune up the band". The Stone Cold Stunner could come out of a reversal or he could do the normal middle finger/kick to the gut/stunner combination. With that said...

5. Finlay - Does this guy even have a finisher? I don't know, because every match I've seen him win ends with him hitting the person with the shillelagh, lol.

he has one is called celtic cross...

cody rhodes needs A finisher

edge- spear just doesn't do it for me from him

id like to see kane with something new of his own to separate from the takers moves

again lashley and shelton

i too would like umaga with a five star

id kinda like to see triple have a new set up move besides the spinebuster

I think when Cena comes back that he needs a new finisher. The FU & STFU are both getting lame and don't look very affective. Maybe he could just modify the FU to become a more F5 type move.?

I wouldn't mind seeing Lashley scooping someone up, acting as a powerslam, then spin around and then slam the opponent with force. Khali needs some more signature moves like a chop similar to Big Show along with the turnbuckle elbow, a running turnbuckle clothesline or smush similar to Mark Henry, a different headbutt, possibily the final cut, the hog lock Big Show uses, well just give Khali the Big Show's moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back