• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What WWE Wrestler Needs a New Finisher

first off, umagas thumb to the throat has to go. then ill just spew out a few horrible ones, billy gunns famous fameasser, chuck poldumbo's, stinksky, test, any others that use that stupid pump handle slam, bobby lashleys dominator, jon cenas anything, i could go on for hours on the bad ones.. the best few i seen in a while would have to be teddy harts hart attack, jack evans 600million flip, joes muscle buster still gives me giggles, and of course the best finisher that we NEVER see anymore, petey williams canadian destroyer.

let me finish with this, does this really make sense to anyone???

Diamond Dallas Page has held every Heavyweight Title in the WCW.

umaga should have the move where he catches them with something like a spinnin rock bottom but he always gets the 2 count he could use tht much beta than a samoan spike-mvp needs one and great khali needs more power in his double handed chokeslam -and maybe even lashley could do the double powerbomb like lesnar n y2j

MVP's leg neckbreaker sucks!

He is awesome and need a better finisher.

I like the fameasser tho, i think he could make it look cool.

MVP, Kennedy, and Khali can each use an upgrade in the near future

Cena's STFU isnt sellin it to me, and the FU is ******ed because they have him hit it out of no where, it doesnt work with a move like that... when Cena comes back they gotta reinvent him into a halway decent wrestler at least

I agree with everybody that has said CM Punk and that the way he does the GTS is week. Heck, the opponent usually actually lands on their feet first before he knees them. I wouldn't mind him doing something like James Gibson was doing a few months back, where he falls and puts his knees into the opponent's gut, maybe modifying it in some way to make it look a bit more 'main event-ish', if you know what I mean. To me, that looked alot more painful than Punk's GTS.

I wouldn't say that Shelton Benjamin needs to stop using the T-Bone, but I reckon he definately needs another finisher to go alongside that. The T-Bone works awesomely when Shelton is playing the underdog, like many have said he can suddenly come and hit it out of nowhere, and I definately think it works as a finisher because he tends to go straight fo the pin, while the opponent still doesn't know what's hit them. That's all good, but to me he needs something else to use when he's actully in control of the match, because if he's gonna become as big of a star as the IWC wants him to, he can't only have a finisher that he can hit when he's on the defense.

I also agree that if MVP and Kennedy are to become World Chapions they'll need new finishers that, as has been pointed out as a quality of a good finishing move, they can hit out of nowhere.

Also wouldn't mind Elijah Burke being hooked up with some sort of Superkick, DDT, or something like that. While his current finishers are good, it's not as if they can be hit out of nowhere. Of course, for the Elijah Express the opponent needs to be in the corner which after a while will just get predictable, and you can't see his other Stroke-like finisher really being hit out of nowhere - you have to hook his head, his arm, then hook his leg with your leg, by the time he's set up for it, the shock would have probably already passed through the opponent.

Cena- the FU is so pathetically simple. so it basically fits someone who knows zero wrestling moves like cena.

Kennedy- The second rope rolling fireman carry doesn't have the surprise factor, and the senton has been seen so many times. Both are great in his arsenal.

Lashley- see Cena. Disgustingly easy.. with a whole lot of Lame.

Batista - wrestlers who use their own name and have to add "bomb" on the end need to find a new move and some originality. A sit down powerbomb, let me count how many times i saw that move on Monday Night Nitro / ECW

Gregory Helms needs to bring back the Vertebreaker

Chris Jericho - When he comes back, he needs to unpack the elevated Boston Crab... the Liontamer with the knee in the back. Looked more painful. Not as easy for opponents to escape. And didn't leave him as susceptible to attack.

Finisher i love- Superkick, RKO, and despite popular belief, i love the GTS... unique, recognizble, easy to sell.

I still believe that stars should have 1 submission finisher and 1 power finisher. It can add to the psychology of the match.

I actually think CM punks GTS is cool and Kennedy's move where he puts them on his shoulders.

What I think is stupid is Randy Ortons RKO, along with Matt Hardy's twist of fate although the twist of fate hardly ever works because its always reversed. It wouldn't even hurt a 5 year old and its to similar to DDP's diamond cutter and Austin's stunner. John Cena's FU is to simple aswell. Khali's vice grip is just stupid and annoying it was better when he did the double chock slam.

i think the people that need a big finisher right now would proly be the boogyman people might not say he's good but the boody slam its like shoot i dont even no what its like hes at like high cruzer weight lvl right get hs ass flyin! lol then john moroson ware the hell is this guys finisher did it just take a vacation ... yea john ill screw it im not comming in just kick his ass with your sissy gymnastics lol and mvp deffinatly needs a new finisher whats it called the play maker or somthin?

MVP definitely needs a new finisher.

Bobby Lashley is gonna have to change his finisher, D.H. Smith has more of a right to use the running powerslam then he does, and does it better as well.

Whats Kenny Dykstra and Santino Marella's finishers again?

The guys with the best finishers are the ones who go on to become world champions!

Santino needs one if he is going to get a push.. I'd like to see him feud with Jericho as well.. I don't think Santino even has a finisher to begin with

Kennedy needs one as well.. One he can pull off during a run in or something.. It's so key to a wrestlers future..

An added note on finisher, is that its the ability of the opponent to sell. What position he ends up after its applied.

As an example- the stunner is perfect cause the opponent has the option of selling it thousans ways. They can bounce and fall on their back. Crumble to their knees, Flop around.

On the contrary, something like the FU- which the oppoent has no option, he lands on his back and waits to be pinned.

Superkick is another good example of a sweet finisher to sell.

Keeps this is mind when looking at who rocks the Finisher

first have to say i loved watching harry smith...i mean d.h. smith win with his pops running powerslam. I hope lashley was watching the correct way to pull it off.

the problem with this is that vince has continued to abolish moves and it limits the type of moves that can be used for finishers which in turn has brought us to this topic. How many guys can you give a ddt to, or swanton bomb to.

Carlito- Just like what i mentioned some pages back about elijah burke, this knee to the back thing looks more like a sudden shock to the opponent, not a final blow. This would be nice to use as his "favorite" like jeff using his whisper in the wind. I would like to see carlito use his back stabber and then hit em with some sort of a lionsault type move.....that would be cool!

Kennedy- i mentioned him b4 but thought of another because this guy really needs a new move. How about something like the test drive?

khali needs to go back to his chop and double handed chokeslam. his vice grip is ok, but he shouldnt do it every match or 5 times in one match

First of all Khali is one of the worst wrestlers, but if he has to pick one of his three finishers it would have to be the double handed chokeslam. The other two are just exaggerations of his strength that are simplistic and can be used about 100 times a match.

I'm gonna start off by saying Mr. Kennedy. If he wants to be a big star, he needs to come up with an iconic finisher. The Rock had the Rock Bottom, Stone Cold had the Stunner, Triple H has the pedigree. All Mr. Kennedy really has is a sloppier version of Jeff Hardy's swanton bomb, but then again, he rarely wins enough to use a finisher anyway :p

Kennedy has the green bay plunge. He hasn't used a swanton in quite some time.

I don't like MVP's move. Make it a Big Boot or something.

He sometimes does the Green Bay Plunge, but while standing up. I think that's it. Also I think he does a DDT Finisher.

Besides Kennedy I think everyone has a good finisher nowadays...

Speaking of the guys improving much more of their finishers after the match, I think it would be a good idea if the divas too should have some good finishers or improve their finishing move a little to finish off their opponents after the match.

Umaga could do with a better finisher, some kinda submission i reckon!

Agree with the kennedy and carlito suggestions

I wish kane would get a different one to! chokeslam is good but he could get better!:xmen:

I would like to see Bobby Lashley return as a heel. and use Goldberg's finisher "The Jackhammer." I think this would reestablish his character and give him an edge not to mention heat. Publicity would skyrocket for him as THAT guy who stole Goldberg's thunder. That would be tight!

Yeah.. That's exactly what we need.. A black Goldberg... Holy christ.. Do you listen to yourself speak? Cena needs to stop that half-assed Death Valley Driver, and steal Bob Holly's Falcon Arrow.. Meanwhile... Holly needs to be fired.

Carlito and Kennedy are givens and have been stated before.

I have a lot of problems....maybe I'm a perfectionest....

wtf is up with Morrison...his finisher goes back and forth from one to another, that one off the top rope looked like hell...and his corkscrew neckbreaker is stupid in my opinion...i mean it is a neckbreaker....but he flips first?

Even though it risks injury, HHH needs to go back to his old Pedigree...or at least he could use it at the most oportune times.

When Tommy Dreamer wins, which is grantedly almost never, he always uses his DDT...I know his DDT is supposed to be more powerful than anyones, but come on....I think he should go back to the Dreamer Driver.

C.M. Punks GTS is alright....personally I liked the Andaconda Vice better, and a lot of the wrestlers dont sell the GTS very well...and GTS is a crap-hole of a name...i cant think of a catchier one....but aint that what WWE Crative is for? And when they call it the Go To Sleep instead of by its initials it even sounds worse.

I'm really gettin tired of people puttin their hands up on HBK's Sweet Chin Music...it takes the umph that it once had out of it....it has been great though over the span of him gettin Orton, cause Orton blocks his chin and has got it in the temple like 3 times streight now.ouch,

For some reason, I've always hated the RKO....maybe its because Randy botches it a lot...but truethfully, I've always seen the RKO as a Stunner rip-off....I mean its a Stunner, with no kick...I think he should use the DDT to Punt as his finisher.

Dreamer needs to use more Spicolli Driver, but I'm fine with his DDT, cause it's really a trademark DDT by now. (and he better win more matches, please)

And Morrison really don't have a set finisher, and it's the league of split-leg cockscrew moonsault, cockscrew neckbreaker, etc., he's athletic, great promise ahead, better get a finisher now than never.

Personally, I would like to see a submission finisher, like a figure four necklock or something like it. (haven't checked if that's legal or not though)

I think the Spear is a good set up move, but not a finisher. Especially when too many guys use it. Rhyno, Goldberg, Batista, Edge, Lashley I mean come on.

I like Morrisons corkscrew neckbreaker, and I really like his corkscrew moonsault. They play to his strengths and make him unique. I'd much rather see him do those moves that not many people can pull off, instead of someone using a move like a DDT or a spear that any jobber can pull off

For some reason, I've always hated the RKO....maybe its because Randy botches it a lot...but truethfully, I've always seen the RKO as a Stunner rip-off....I mean its a Stunner, with no kick...I think he should use the DDT to Punt as his finisher.

The RKO known as the cutter came first then the stunner so its no rip off.

But i think kennedy needs a new finisher the greenbay plunge is fine but i think it takes to long to actually perform it. And by the time he lands it you feel like anybody could have probably gotten out of it by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back