What is your favorite home cooked meal?

Disturbed

Championship Contender
There have been threads about Mcdonalds and Subway lately but what is your favorite home made meal? Mine has to be, Fried Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Mashed potatoes, Corn, Green Beans, Gravy...

I have so many. I'm just gonna write them all down!

Meatloaf, mashed potatos with brown gravy, and baked beans.

Fried chicken, fried potatos, and mac and cheese.

Grilled crab legs, grilled asperagus, and grilled shrimp and tomatoes.

Steak, baked potato, and corn.

And of course, I love frito pie!

I am not sure if I have ever had it home made. I always get it out the box. Pizza is good home made too.

if you got the time try it.

It does take a while because you have to cook the pasta, the meat, then mix the meat with the Ricotta & other cheeses, put it together in a baking dish and then finally bake it for about 30 minutes.

All in all it takes about 1 and a half to 2 hours from start to finish.

My parents do a lasagne with smoked haddock and spinach, minus the ragu. It is incredible.

that's because you put it directly in the oven with out letting it thaw.

Homemade the majority of the time is consumed with the prep work before it even goes in the oven

Chili and grilled cheesus.

Seriously, the only "home cooked" meal I enjoy. Everything else is from the Chinese place down the street. Ultimate bachelor pad fridge.

My mom makes some kick ass chicken and biscuits, and I usually have that with some broccoli and cranberry sauce. She also makes Apple Pie for desert on occasion, and that is some of the most delicious stuff I've ever eaten.

This is going to sound crazy, but my favorite home-cooked meal is a Syrian dish that my mother makes.

Yes, I'm Syrian. 100%. But I look like an untanned, white Italian guy. Go figure.

Anyway, she makes a dish (that's tough to spell out in English but I'll try my best) called Yebadet. It's lamb meat and rice mixed together with spices, rolled up in grape leaves, and stewed in lemon juice and garlic until the rice cooks through.

Seriously, it is the greatest food ever created.

My mom makes something called Porcupine Meat Balls. It's meat balls rolled in carrots, other vegetables, rice and a some kind of sauce she uses. With some nice white rice and a little soy sauce it's one of my favorite things to eat.

She also makes really good fried chicken and Ah-So Chicken.

What's weird is I'm a quarter Japanese and my mom is half Japanese but we know no asian food recipes, we eat a lot of rice and use a lot of soy sauce but that's it.

I used to have a black stepmom who cooked a bunch of dank shit, but now I can't remember any of it.

I'll just go with smoked salmon.

This is going to sound crazy, but my favorite home-cooked meal is a Syrian dish that my mother makes.

Yes, I'm Syrian. 100%. But I look like an untanned, white Italian guy. Go figure.

Anyway, she makes a dish (that's tough to spell out in English but I'll try my best) called Yebadet. It's lamb meat and rice mixed together with spices, rolled up in grape leaves, and stewed in lemon juice and garlic until the rice cooks through.

Seriously, it is the greatest food ever created.

I've had that! So good.

Lamb Roast with whatever my 'rents decide they want with it basically. I'm only ever interested in the meat part of the dish regardless of what it is anyway, but Roast Lamb in mint sauce gravy..... oh god, i want one NOW!

Any roast that's not chicken.

Lamb, Fucking yum with mint sauce, Add honey while it's baking, and you have me sold.
Pork is the best though, it has tea potential with baked vegies and brown onion gravy, AND it has lunch/breakfast potential with pork and gravy fucking rolls the next day. Yum

What exactly are the requirements of a meal being home cooked? If putting some Pizza Rolls on a pan and throwing that bitch in the oven is considered home cooked, that's my answer. If not, I guess it's my skillet fried burritos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back