Your favorite dish of the past week.

Uncle Phatso

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Allright so an idea, you all eat food, you all love food. So why not post up what your favorite dish of the week was. What was the one plate, dish, or bowl that you had for dinner, lunch, or breakfast that you liked the most. It can be fast food if thats what you eat the most. Or a dish you cooked or had cooked.

Personally my dish of the week from last week was my best friends mom's Italian chicken. Basically it was just a plate of garlic mashed potatoes, chicken broasted in the oven with italian herbs and fresh black pepper cracked over the top. She took it out of the oven then sprinkled Mozz cheese over the top and put it back in untill the cheese was golden brown and gooey. Cooked just right, this dish was my eats of the week.

So what dish did you enjoy the most last week. Remember this is non-spam so give some reasons or maybe even your own take on how you would tweak the recipe to make it a little better!

On the 14th me and the folks headed for a Chinese Restaurant that offered a buffet. I don't know why and I don't really care, but there was Sushi there. All sorts of roles. I had about 30 of them along with some clams. I forgot how exactly that particular one was called, but I'm sure they were clams. After 3 plates, I really wish I could go back.

My mom just made fried chicken tenders, fried steak, green beans, and rice. So far it's the best meal of the week, however she promised to make her city-famous beef stew (which she hasn't made in 2 years for some reason) after my President's List ceremony on Friday.

Allright last weeks dish of the week was a really simple one for me. Sausage patties. I'm not really to sure why they were that good, but I fried them up then ran them under cold water to run off the greese. I know that Kind of kills the taste, but I don't like alot of greese and what I added on top kind of makes it really greesy. I had a large sweet onion and cut 3 slices out of it, I threw them on and put water and room temp. butter on top. Thats Sautéing, or sweating for people in the know. Let them get all rendered down and brown then put them on top of your sausage. THEN!!!! Shreaded chedder, not chedder slices, shreaded. Put your shreaded on top then let it melt, best sausage pattie I've had in a while.

I had some excellent macaroni and cheese carbonara, made by my mother. Basically, it's macaroni and cheese made in the oven, loaded with pancetta, eggs, and loads of different cheeses. The macaroni comes out perfectly done, but it has a crust above it from the cheese, so awesome. The pancetta on the inside toasts up really nicely, and the eggs are really just the binding agent. You don't taste them much, but they pull it all together really nicely.

Great meal. One of the best Sunday dinners I've had in a while.

I went out today to have lunch and a coffee with my sister and we went to this really nice Italian pizza shop in Sydney City, for the people who live in Sydney here it was called Mad Pizza in Kings Cross, near the massive Coke sign.

I ordered "O tropo" it was a very thin pizza crust and base with chicken, pineapple, bacon and a spicy perri perri sauce which was just amazing. It was a 6 inch pizza lunch special for $10 which wasn't too bad considering it was in Kings Cross and the cafes and restaurants can get pricey but it was so worth it. It was the best pizza I've ever had and I've had a lot of pizza so far. The sauce was just right, not too spicy but not too weak either and the chicken was cooked just perfect and it came with a nice salad to go with it, mainly consisting of rocket but rocket is amazing in salads so it was alright and the thin and crispy base was so awesome, nice and crunchy.

Sydney people, I definately recommend that place. They put a brown paper sheet over your table and put a bowl of crayons on it to draw on if you get bored too. It's not a kids place or anything, but for those who don't know, Kings Cross is a predominantly gay and metrosexual area which is fine by me, there is a lot of art, home made market stuff and it's just one of those business ideas which caters to a general lifestyle (the whole artsy and hipster lifestyle).

My favorite dish of the past week was probably steak quesadillas from this place in town called Habanero because it was not only good but really exceeded my expectations for it. My wife and I recently discovered it and had not tried it before. It's basically like Chipotle only cheaper and a little lower in quality, but I thought it was going to suck and was pleasantly surprised. I added some extra pico de gallo to make it spicier, it was great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back