Your signature dish

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
What is your signature dish(the best dish you can cook?) and what do you do different to make people say, the best ??? I have ever tried is cooked by Sparky.

For me personally It would have to be spaghetti bolagnaise I love quick and easy meals that turn out fantastic and I have not once had a complaint.

I guess what I do differently is really just make it from scratch. everybody else I know buys the horrible Pasta sauce and adds the meat, where I take the time and add everything from the tomato soup right up to the blend of mixed herbs and spices. I don't follow a recipe and I feel that that's the reason it's such a big hit with my friends and family, you can have it every time you come for dinner but it won't always taste the same.

So again Wrestlezone, I ask you. What's your signature dish?

For me, it's my hamburgers. While you wouldn't think a hamburger would be someone people take pride in, I can honestly say that everyone who has eaten my hamburgers have absolutely loved them, and beg me to make them again sometime. They also make a child out of any appetite. I remember one of my friends coming over and was going to eat as many of those burgers as I would make...the first one was all she could handle.

Fuck, I may have to make some for lunch. Damn you Sparky.

I make delicious French toast. The recipe is no secret, and I think anyone can do it. Just make the batter with eggs, milk, vanilla, and nutmeg. Take some good bread (if you're not feeling fancy it could be as simple as white bread or potato bread, but things like challah or Itallian bread are ideal), and make sure you get it good and soaked.

After the bread is nice and soggy, plop it into a buttered frying pan and cook it. Before you flip it over, you're going to want to sprinkle some cinnamon onto the top, and perhaps again to the reverse side when you flip it. You can cook it as much as you like, but make sure you get each side brown and it's fairly cooked through.

After you've cooked however many pieces, pour on some maple syrup, grab a nice tall glass of milk, and enjoy.

Just like Sly my specialty is my burger. When I tell people about my burgers their first thought is "why would you do something like that?" and then they end up trying them and are incredibly impressed. What I do to make my burger different than your ordinary burger is I add cinnamon to it. Start up the grill, get the burger close to done and then smother both sides in cinnamon. I call it a Cinnaburger. It adds a unique taste and really goes well with the juices of the burger. Every vacation my buddy's family (who I go with) sets a day aside where I grill up some delicious burgers while we are relaxing.

I'm not much of a chef. I can make pre-prepared stuff like Macaroni and Cheese. I can also make spaghetti and meatsauce but that isnt too difficult. The one thing that I do make though, is Teriyaki Steak.

My favorite restaurant is Benihana and my favorite thing to eat there is the Teriyaki steak. So one day I decided to try and duplicate what they do. First try, it came out ok. I was pretty proud. But since then, it gets better everytime. However, it all depends on what Teriyaki sauce you use. The best I made was when I actually used the Benihana teriyaki sauce. The thing thats great about it though, is that its easy to make and you can cut it into little pieces and serve it almost like h'ordeuvres, or it can be served as part of dinner.

I'm a decent cook, but I love burgers, so let me add the third burger post to this thread. I make a great stuffed burger. I use nice beef, not too lean, and I start from there. For each burger I start with 2 regular sized patties. I take the back end of a spoon then and make a little "bowl" in each patty, then I stuff it with blue cheese. Not too much, or it will overpower the taste of the burger. Then I put the two patties together, and stick it on the grill. I like it medium well, some people like it rare, whatever... grill it to your preference. Then I get my buns, I get some made at a local bakery (You don't have to get special buns, but I love these.), and I lightly toast them on the grill. A little olive oil brushed onto the buns helps them brown up. Then I slice my tomatoes and onions, get my lettuce, put a thin layer of mayonnaise on the buns, maybe a bit of ketchup and that's it.

I work in my parents restaurant and i am taking as much hints off my dad as possible, i am getting pretty good at his Meatball Curry dish but my favourite is his Spicy Cajun Macaroni dish.

Enchiladas that would make Stormtrooper break down crying his confession of newfound love for Latin cuisine.

I usually use chicken. I got for thighs/dark meat over breast meat because breast meat comes out too dry. I boil those suckers up for a while as I prep the rest of the meal. I fry up about 12 medium sized flour tortillas in a pan very very lightly; too much and they'll get all crispy and you'll never roll them up without breaking. Once the chicken's done, I stir in into some red enchilada sauce. I prepare a black bean/refried bean mixture quite quickly in a sauce pan. Next, I spread a very very light layer of the beans on to a tortilla, and then fill it with the chicken and roll them up. Make as many as you can fit into a medium sized casserole dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and shredded cheese (I go with cheddar). If I know the people I'm cooking for love teh cheese, I'll put some in the enchiladas themselves. Bake at 350F for 30 mins. Serve with remaining beans, rice, and some tortilla chips.

Not exactly a God in the kitchen, but I can make some pretty good soups. My best is probably a potato and leek one. Usually it's just a basic formula to follow. However there are a couple of tips to getting a good soup. First off, just before serving, drain it and take out any solid lumps. The taste will be in the soup if you've allowed it to simmer enough. The other thing is for some soups, honey. Honey works well with the potato and leek soup especially as it adds an extra twist to that sweet flavour. Those are really the only two tips I have, but there simple, effective and produce pretty good results.

I don't know if anyone ever watched the tv show, Roseanne, but one point during the show, she and her family opened a restaurant that made loose meat sandwiches. I make something similar, with hamburger meat. I just break it up into chunks and basically get it all ground down and add a plethora of spices like garlic powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, even a special dash of cinnamon, and some nutmeg to give a sweetness to it, and some red pepper flakes. You then serve it with a side of home fries, julienne potatoes, the beef on a bun with some pickles and cheese. And Voila!! I usually end up having to make enough for 5 or 6 people, there's never enough for the 3 people when I make the dish.

I see a lot of burger recipes, so I thought I would add my own.

First off, while I do like premade patties, they are just not as good as what you can make yourself. So instead of using a premade patty, I get a pound of ground chuck (good for 2-4 burgers, depending how big you want them). Notice I said ground chuck, not ground beef. Ground chuck just tastes better to me, and it's still affordable. Take your ground chuck and put it in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the ground chuck, and then use your hands to mix the ground chuck together. Sprinkle some more salt and pepper over the ground chuck and mix it together again.

Now it's time for the BBQ sauce. Take your BBQ sauce (I like KC Masterpiece Original for my burgers) and pour it over the ground chuck. How much you put on is up to you. After you get your BBQ sauce on, use your hands again to mix up the ground chuck with the BBQ sauce. And then do another helping of BBQ sauce, and mix it up. Finally, take however much meat you want to make into a patty, roll it up in a ball really nice and tight, and then smooth it out into patty form. Throw the burgers on the grill.

Of course, just like any burger, the trick is to not flip the burger until necessary. The more times you flip a burger, the less tasty it gets. And with a patty you have created yourself, if you flip the burger too soon, then the meat will fall apart and you'll lose the burger. So let that hamburger sit on the grill for a while and make sure the bottom side is brown before you flip.

Wraps. I learned some great mixes at work while preparing standard Snack Wraps. Trying with lots of stuff. Using the burgers instead of the chicken. Using salad mixtures, my favorite is making a wrap with some minced beef, lettuce, tomatoes, three cheese, mozzarella cheese, some honey mustard sauce and a tiny bit of ranch sauce. The folks like it. More so because it's free fast food, but when I use my own ingredients, they love them.

Well for anyone who doesn’t know I dabble a lot in cooking. I've always said as a fat man you can't really be a real fat man without at least knowing how to cook what you like. I've been cooking for my mother and I since I was 12 but I have been in the kitchen since about 9. I passed all 4 of my high school cooking and baking classes with at least a 91% or above. I'm not a baker and advanced foods 3 was my last class and it centers around a lot of baking. Needless to say that was the class I got a 91% in. I loved cooking in that class because everyone else took it as a joke class so the teacher would really help me out with new recipes or just to tweak what I was already good at.

Now what I do like to cook is quite possibly the simplest thing ever. that would be beef and noodles or chicken and noodles.

I start out with getting eggs and either pre canned chicken with no salt added or just about a pound and a half of chicken breast. You can either put them in the oven for some healthier eating or fry them puppies up. Well you get your chicken out of whatever you chose to cook them in and put them in a strainer. Like a pasta strainer or whatever large strainer you have handy. Put them in it and forget them, they come later.

The noodles are amazing, I can make homemade noodles that would make your granny cry. You can set them out to dry or you can make them into dumpling noodles. Dumpling noodles are lazy noodles but in my taste I like them better because they are bumpy and have nooks and crannies that the flavor can get into.

All you need for homemade noodles is simple. Flour, eggs, salt, pepper, your hands. Get about 2-3 cups of regular flower and put it into a large mixing bowl. Start off with about 3 eggs and crack them then put them in the bowl with the flower. You can use a spoon, fork, or your hands to mix them together. I use my hands after I wash them, because I feel it gives me a better feel. Well mix them until you have a large ball of dough. If the dough is way to dry, Ie: cracking a lot or still a lot of flower in the bowl mix in another egg. Keep mixing in eggs until you can make a large sticky ball of dough.

Well here is the fun part. You just made a large sticky ball of glop! But you have to ruin it. Dust it with enough flour until it stops being sticky and you can roll it in your hands. Don't have it really dry with flower. But dry enough so you can rip small chunks off and throw it in a pan of hot water.

HOT WATER! NOT BOILING!

Some noodles will be overdone and some will be under done if you have a pan of boiling water.

If in your ripping your hands become sticky with the dough here is a small tip. Run your hands under water and get back to ripping. When it happens again, keep putting water on. Idn why that works but in the few years I've been doing it that works for me the best.

Well you have your large ball of dough all ripped and put into the pan. Season accordingly to your likes.

NOW! You have your chicken all cool and chillin out in your strainer. Take one out and rip it up, then throw it in the pan. Keep doing until all are ripped up and put in the pan. Then let boil with the noodles, your chicken is already cooked so you should do this about half way in to your noodle boiling. Check your noodles for doneness and then your ready to eat.

Like many others, my burgers have been complimented on more than one occasion. I don't really do anything drastic to them in order for them to taste good. I roll up the meat, and then separate it into two halves. I'll then put in some seasoned salt, pepper, and dry ranch dressing. Then I put the two halves back together and roll it up into a regular ball. I push down on it to make it flat and I put it on the grill. While it's on the grill, I'll add some more seasoned salt, pepper, and regular salt. I'll also melt some butter and put it on top of the burgers using a pastry brush. I let it cook and I'm done. It's really simple, but it turns out excellent.

Not exactly a God in the kitchen, but I can make some pretty good soups. My best is probably a potato and leek one. Usually it's just a basic formula to follow. However there are a couple of tips to getting a good soup. First off, just before serving, drain it and take out any solid lumps. The taste will be in the soup if you've allowed it to simmer enough. The other thing is for some soups, honey. Honey works well with the potato and leek soup especially as it adds an extra twist to that sweet flavour. Those are really the only two tips I have, but there simple, effective and produce pretty good results.

If you are ever in Paisley let me know, my dad is the best soupmaker in the town, potato and leek, chicken and rice, chilli beef, cream of courgette, he is a soup god! :worship:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back