Magic

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Magical abilities come in an endless variety of forms in video games. Dark Magic, Holy Magic, Elemental Magic, Enemy Skills, Summoning, and that's just the more common types. I rarely play as a spellcaster if the option to be a warrior is there instead, but in the games when I do play a character who access to spells I have certain types of abilities I prefer over others. I'm sure most of you do as well. Perhaps you prefer using offensive abilities to dish out tons of damage to your targets or inflict various negative effects on them. Others might prefer supportive spells that restore health to your allies or place protective effects on them. Then there are holy skills that are offensive abilities available to spellcasters who specialize in supportive magic. Summoning is common in several games and can fall under both offensive or supportive.

That brings me to the topic of discussion in this thread!

What types of magic spell abilities do you like to use in video games and why do you prefer that type? Are there any specific examples you would like to share?

My favorite types are offensive spells because I would rather dish out enough damage to defeat my targets before I even NEED to worry about restoring health or casting any barriers. I like Summoning powerful creatures to one shot kill my enemies. A favorite example of mine would be the infamous Knights Of the Round summon from Final Fantasy 7!

[YOUTUBE]XHTT_R_qo2w[/YOUTUBE]

Alright, now it's your turn. It does not need to be restricted to RPG's, you may bring up any magical ability from any video game in this thread as long as you provide a reason for why you like it. Discuss!

I really enjoy using summoning spells too. Some of my favorite summoning cutscenes come from FF 12. While most of the cutscenes are cool, Zodiark's is by far my favorite because he's such a badass!

[youtube]7kH61aqsPSE[/youtube]

The limit break spells are really cool too in that game, with the black hole quickening being my favorite.

[youtube]Am-ZBiGeJ_M[/youtube]

Good idea for a thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back