Shane Douglas vs. Paul London

• The Franchise

• The Other Half of Londrick

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region under WCW Rules in Boston, MA. The ring and entrance ramp are equal height.

#20 "The Franchise" Shane Douglas
douglas_shane2.jpg

vs.

#45 Paul London
paul%2Blondon%2B_%2Bwwe.jpg

This is a tough one but I'll go with Douglas. While he's not as good as he thinks, Douglas was still at least decent in the ring. London was good, but mainly at flips. WCW is far more about mat style and with it being the place Douglas had some of his best success, the little of it that there was at least, this is a walk for him.

I still don't understand why everyone is stressing "He was good in the ring" so much. Brian Danielson could put on a pretty, five star match but The Rock would still take Danielson's head and shove it straight up his candy ass.

Anyway, London really hasn't ever won anything. At all. Douglas was one of the toughest guys in E.C.W. and would probably win here. It doesn't matter, though, because whoever wins is out next round.

Paul London is pretty entertaining, but he has had very little success in singles competition. Douglas was a big success in ECW and a moderate one in WCW, and I think he would go over here. It is a battle of backstage pricks, but Douglas always managed to keep winning even when unpopular, unlike his opponent here. Douglas also managed to dispatch the cruiserweights he came across pretty easily, while London only ever beat cruiserweights.

Douglas win.

London is good but he hasn't proven much in singles competition. Douglas was decent and had success in the WCW so I believe he will beat London. I can see London walking back to the locker room after he loses and see Vince standing there smiling at him.

This one has to go to The Franchise. He was one of the best pure wrestlers in ECW, and turned that in to a margin of success elsewhere. London was OK as a tag wrestler, but was overshadowed by Brian Kendrick. While he did have a pretty good Shooting Star Press, he won't have the opportunity to use it here. Douglas will end this with a DDT, probably breaking his neck. If that doesn't get him the three count, a piledriver will.

Like someone said before though, the winner of this only wins the chance at being the next victim in Goldberg's run to Cena.

I'm a huge Paul London fan (specifically his ROH work), but there's no way he would ever defeat The Franchise in his prime. Shane is bigger, stronger, smarter, and has the backing of the Triple Threat (Bam Bam Bigelow is all I have to say to put this stable over) behind him. Shane would slaughter London.

Shane Douglas wins, fairly handily as well I might add. He will get eaten up and spit out by Goldberg but he wins against London. There is just to much history of putting on good enough matches for Douglas, whereas London is only known for his cruiserweight stuff.

God, I've never understood the appeal of Paul London. The guy sucks, and he's a whiny bitch to boot. He's a vanilla midget that was upset at the lack of push he received, because he sucked. Shane Douglas in my mind is one of the most under rated guys to come out of the 90's. Yes, he excelled in ECW, but he wasn' the typical ECW wrestler. Douglas was a technical wrestler, that would use the extreme rules when neccessary, not like a New Jack or Sandman that could only go Hardcore. There was a reason that Douglas was great in ECW and was their Franchise, because he was good. You can throw the bullshit away of not having success in the WWE, because who in the hell would succeed as the "Dean"?, no one that's who. Shane Douglas had moderate success in WCW in the early 90's, so he has a proven track record. Paul London has a bunch of blind smark love because he didn't get pushed and he bitches about people on his blog.

Douglas goes over easily here. London is really nothing special and is good for spots, but Douglas can throw it down and would rip London apart IMO. The Franchise gets the easy W here and walks his way into round 2.

London was pretty lame. I thought Billy Kidman was better than him, and I think Brian Kendrick is better than him. That makes him, a less successful Marty Jannetty. Shane Douglas however is a great talent. Extremely overrated, he as well as a few others represent the good parts of the ECW while it lasted. His technical stylings would crush London. I can see this this match lasting only a few minutes.

Douglas would win at ease...the man's career isn't great, but it sure is miles greater than london's...london sucks and he'd lose quick and get dumped on his ass like human confetti by the franchise.

Douglas, in my opinion, is the most underrated wrestler of the 90s. Even if I didn't like Shane Douglas, I couldn't vote against him out of principle, since he used Deep Purple's "Perfect Strangers" as his theme throughout his entire career (save for being Dean Douglas in the WWF). Also, this man was a pimp; just like he did with Francine, if London and Kendrick were still together in a tag team and Ashley was still their valet, I'm positive he could have gotten Ashley to turn on them and help him win his match (even though he wouldn't need it). So, Douglas FTW!

I like Paul London. I think he's solid, but in my eyes, Shane Douglas is THE greatest heel ever to grace a wrestling ring. He created heat- white hot heat- whenever he performed. I have heard several stories of Douglas having to be secretedly removed from an arena because fans were waiting outside to attack him. That's crazy. And it means the guy went above and beyond what the gimmick called for. Shane Douglas had all the tools to become a huge superstar. Loads of charisma, tremendous psychology, great mic skills and solid in ring work. Unfortunately, he had a huge mouth and didn't know how to shut- which ultimately led to his downfall.

Douglas takes this with no trouble.

Man, I could have sworn I saw this match at Halloween Havok 2000, back when Paul London was called Billy Kidman...

Oh wait...nvm...The Franchise destroys flippy-boy, much as he did Kidman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back