WCW Boston, Round 2, Match 2: #13 Goldberg vs. #20 Shane Douglas

Goldberg vs. Douglas

• The Streak

• The Franchise

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldberg has this one in the books and it will be a short little read. This match will be short and not even long enough for a bathroom break. Goldberg dominates.

I will proudly wave my Shane Douglas flag in this one. Yes, Shane had a HUGE mouth that ultimately hinder his career. Get over it. In my opinion, he was the greatest heel ever in this business for the role he played at his height in ECW. His mic skills were second to none- he could cut promo on a moments notice and deliver it with an unbelieveable amount of conviction. He was power, speed, a ring psychologist and a technician all rolled into one. Not to mention that he had Francine at ring side with him, who was just as cunning. She was always good for a little bit of interference.

Goldberg had a great run in WCW and the bookers made sure of it. Goldberg was as green as they come but was pushed down everyone's throat a thousand times harder than John Cena or CM Punk. He had a good look and was strong as an ox, but that's about all he had to offer. His "intensity" always came across as forced and he never displayed any unique charactistics or ring skills.

Goldberg may have been stronger, but The Franchise wins out in every other comparible category. A tough match, indeed, especially since this takes place in a WCW ring- but Shane Douglas would walk away with a victory.

Yes I am a Shane Douglas fan. Shane Douglas does have legit gripes about being held back by guys like Flair, and guys like Michaels. Usually what Douglas said, was truth, and the track records of the guys he talked about, backed it up.

However, Douglas can't beat Goldberg. Shane Douglas dominated ECW, but he dominated guys like Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, and the like. Douglas didn't go up against the RVD's of the world, or the Raven's. He went up against hte one dimensional guys. Douglas made a name for himself by being a technical wrestler in the land of extreme.

The problem with Douglas, his ass got choked out by the likes of Taz in under five minutes. Goldberg is a controlled intensity that can smash Douglas right in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back