• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unforgiven: Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho

Despite Shawn Michaels’ doctor’s suggestion to hang up his boots due to injury, HBK extended a challenge to Chris Jericho for an Unsanctioned Match at Unforgiven, where neither Jericho nor WWE would be liable if Michaels were to sustain further injury.

Can you blame HBK for doing everything he could to ensure that he would face Jericho at the aptly named Unforgiven?

What would you do if, just moments after you announced your retirement from the business you loved, that you gave your livelihood to and that you bled for, you were on your knees holding the fallen body of your wife, who was punched, without provocation, by the man who is solely responsible for your announcement?

For months now, Chris Jericho has plagued the life and career of HBK with his new sense of self-righteousness and his unrelenting verbal and physical attacks on The Showstopper. Ever since he revealed his true intentions after interjecting himself into Michaels’ business in April, Jericho has berated HBK and all the WWE Universe for supporting an “immoral” man. In the end, Jericho had even gone so far as to force Michaels’ hand in having to contemplate retirement after repeatedly attacking and re-injuring The Showstopper’s eye and possibly detaching his retina.

At SummerSlam, however, the first-ever Undisputed Champion may have been counterproductive in his actions when he struck Michaels’ wife, Rebecca, in the center of the WWE ring. Whether he meant to hit her or not, Jericho showed no remorse the next night on Raw, once again taking the moment to preach against HBK and all of the WWE Universe.

One week later on Raw, as Jericho accepted HBK’s challenge, Michaels promised that he won’t forgive Jericho for what he has done to his family and he won’t be looking to “steal the show.” He will be looking for one thing and one thing only – “an eye for an eye.”

With it now seeming as though Jericho has awoken a sleeping beast within Shawn Michaels, will the Superstar formerly referred to as Y2J be able to subdue the wrath of HBK? Or will it truly be “an eye for an eye” with Michaels exacting his revenge on the diabolical Jericho?

Watch and find out as these two wage war at Unforgiven only on pay-per-view.

~~

I think that this will be the match of the night, hands down. It could even turn into a MOTY candidate. I am hoping that Jericho goes over and Michaels will not benefit at all from a win, nor will he be affected by a loss. Jericho needs this. Then, at No Mercy, I can watch him beat Punk for the WHC liveeee!

I've never understood why they advertise "unsanctioned matches".

If you officially put it on your card, then isn't it virtually a sanctioned match? Haha. An unsanctioned match would be something that you weren't planning for. Maybe there's some literary loophole and the textbook definition allows for it to just be "any match without a designated set of rules" or something, but idk......either way, I'm just nitpicking, and it doesn't really matter in the long run.

As far as the match...clearly Michaels wins or he just beats the shit out of Jericho and comes out looking like the winner.

Who gives a shit, they rushed this feud and they are BACK at it again a month later. MILK it. Like a cow. This is the type of feud that could headline WM. Instead its blah at Unforgiven again. These two guys deserve A LOT more than crap PPVs for their worry.

Maybe I shouldn't say rushed, but man their matches are on CRAP PPVs. I durno, I just feel like they could have waited til the October PPV, maybe bring back Halloween Havoc. Really let it sink in that Jericho did something bad to Rebecca. Have a interview with her, Jericho telling him no, week after week. Then let Jericho beat her up again, at their house, the mall. I mean REALLY send this feud into overdrive. FORCE HBK to fight you. For the longest time Taker wouldn't fight Kane, Bret wouldn't fight Owen, Sting wouldn't fight anybody, so make that work here. Remember the package WCW did for Flair when he went and fought Vader? The whole family there kissing crying, telling him to be careful and blah blah, Coulda worked here. Even make a cameo by Flair. Have Flair stop him from returning. MILK IT. Not oh you hit my wife so screw the docs im BACK lets fight. Blah

This is Shawn all the way with a mini twist at the end I'd say. Shawn will clearly come out in this match going insane on Jericho, not using moves but punches, kicks and weapons. The promo they had for this match reminded me of the one Austin and Rikishi had leading up to No Mercy 2000, where the match ended with Austin trying to run him down. I could see something similar at the end of this match, but with Rebecca calling Shawn off, or Shawn not being able to go through with it. Either way, Jericho's offense will be minimal at best and it should be a fun beatdown.

No! KB, it shouldn't be a fun beatdown. That will destroy Jericho. He needs to win here, so that he can get into the World Title hunt.. For the past few months Jericho has been the best in the entire WWE.. It would suck for him to be squashed here, as all his momentum from beating HBK, from beating Punk, would all just vanish.. I'm praying that Jericho gets the win, even if he takes most of the hits..

I think he could sneak in a win like I said due to Shawn not beign able to finish him off or Rebecca stopping him and Jericho could slip in a roll up or a codebreaker or something. Either way I want this feud to end as while its been great, after this they could have one more match in them, but I don't want this to be another Taker/Edge feud where they drag it out forever and it gets annoying to watch. Jericho could win, but if he didn"t, I'm not sure he'd lose all of his momentum. Most of it, but his new character and win over Punk has solidified him as one of the better heels on the show.

The best heel on any show, actually. Yeah, both of those could happen. I want the feud to end here, as I am hopnig Jericho can get a title match at No Mercy.. Although, I would like to see Michaels and Jericho fight, too.. Hmm.. But anyway, this match is going to be great no matter who wins..

No! KB, it shouldn't be a fun beatdown. That will destroy Jericho. He needs to win here, so that he can get into the World Title hunt.. For the past few months Jericho has been the best in the entire WWE.. It would suck for him to be squashed here, as all his momentum from beating HBK, from beating Punk, would all just vanish.. I'm praying that Jericho gets the win, even if he takes most of the hits..

This I don't believe. Win or lose here, Jericho will still have huge heel heat, and Shawn will still be a fan favourite. I agree with KB in saying he should practically kill Jericho (exaggeration) but then slag comes out and stops him doing anything. While they're having one of their 'moments' Jericho somehow manages to get a roll-up pin, something like that. Yet the match would end with Jericho on the floor covered in blood and Shawn standing over him.

I calls this now. this will be the best match up on the card. you have the three 20 minute scrambles but i think this will be the best. I cant wait to watch this match and its the soul reason i am bying the ppv.

I dont know if HBK will win it but i think so. Jericho won the last one and after all HBK has been put through I can see HBK winning this cleanly. Either that or as becca said something happening to allow Jericho to win.

Who ever wins and loses this it wont affect anybody. A lose wont kill any momentum either anyone has recieved and they are both great enough for the loss to hurt them in anyway. A win for either would be just a win. but i still think HBK will win. At least this will be a great match.

If unforgiven marks the end of their feud then wwe have dropped the ball with the best thing they have going right now. This should have been stretched to a match at survivor series, something immense and history making like a 2 out of 3 falls match to end the feud (much like Austin/HHH at NWO 01').

The match itself should be motn, with lots of offense from both of them, and not just HBK, as what would be the point of Jericho getting squashed. Fair enough he would keep his heel heat, but it would stop the feud dead in its tracks. I am hoping for a Jericho win, but not a clean win, which will hopefully keep it going to survivor series, where the match of the year will take place.

I agree with Mitch the feud should not end. They shouldn't drag it out so long it gets annoying. But it could go one or 2 more months. Jericho doesn't need to fight Punk right now. There are still other options even though Raw is down another contendor since Cena got hurt. If Shawn beats Jericho at Unforgiven whats next for shawn? He came back to face Jericho so if he beats him right away then what does he do for the rest of the year. Jericho should win at Unforgiven with a sneaky roll up but have Shawn beat the piss outta him out of revenge. Then Shawn beats Lance Cade at No Mercy because Jericho won't fight him again yet. They are on seperate sides at Survivor Series. Then at Armageddon the feud ends with HBK coming out on top since HBK can't lose the feud or it makes it look like he can't defend his wife's honor. They can both be in the rumble and Taker and Shawn's feud can start up there ending the whole Jericho/HBK thing for good. Regardless of if Shawn retires this year or not He should face Taker this year at Mania. But at Unforgiven I see Jericho winning snneaky heel style but HBK looking like the better man.

I'm agreeing with the majority here that Jericho does get the win. I'm thinking something along the lines of Shawn kicks the holy hell out of Jericho for most of the match, then Rebecca comes down to tell him it's enough. When Rebecca is talking to Michaels, we see this sadistic look come on Jericho's face and he goes to hit Mrs. Michaels with a chair. HBK pushes his wife out of the way, Jericho smashes Michaels face in with the chair, pins him, and walks away. Rebecca feels like it's her fault.

I'm looking for this match to be a pretty big spotfest, much like Edge/Undertaker HITC was at SS, or HHH and Micheals mach was when he first returned. I hope Jericho is able to pin or make shawn submit in this match, because I think he needs that kindof victory over Micheals to face Punk at PPV's for the title, his last one where the match had to be stopped kinda didn't do it for me. This should definitly be the match of the night, as i see the three scrambles kindof being rushd and predictable depending on who comes out when, basically, that the last person will probably clean house then we'll have a whole mess of pins and someone just hangs on or just get's the pin in time. Although I have ideas of where Jericho goes after this feud, but I'm not sure who Micheals will fight after this. Perhaps a few easy wins over JBL to get him back in the picture later, heck it works for everybody else.

this fued has differently been the best since wwe brought wcw. as it has been growing ever since backlash and has had several different laylers added. it started of with with Jericho beginning the ref at backlash, match at Judgement Day, Jericho does a run in at One Night Stand, Michaels does a run in at Night of Championship, hostile match at The Great American Bash, Jericho punchs mrs HBK at summerslam and now the unsactioned match at unforgiven. but what annoys me slightly is that this fued is most likely gonna end at Unforgiven.

I'm looking forward to this match. The storyline and feud has been well written and they have transformed Jericho from a comedy heel to a full blown hated heel. The match itself will probably be one of the best of the night as long as HBK's eye "injury" doesn't prevent him to go all out. I hope Jericho wins the match which will increase his heat and then he can have a feud with Punk(or hopefully since they work well together).

This feud is truly dense and spectacular and both are making the feud an epic one to remember. This all started and I mean really started when it led up to Wrestlemania 19.

Ever since then when Michaels won that match, Y2J's jealousy for Michaels has only brewed within him and built up very secretly behind the skin of Jericho. Jericho had previously said at one point as a face that he never ever liked HBK but tried to put their differences aside. However now, it is so brilliant as now Jericho saw it's time to pick the bones left off a now weakish, disintegrating HBK like he's always wanted to and accomplish his legacy thoughtfully even better than HBK has, before transforming into that light-speaking, self-righteous, snobbish full-blown heel of a gentleman from the cocky, comedic, hypey one which is awesome.

As things are unfolding now, HBK's life is crashing down around him. He retired Flair and has received the weight of the world from it. His student in Cade turned on him who he trained in a wrestling school. He is experiencing vision problems. Jericho has ressurrected a stronger enemy in himself for Michaels and has brutally and relentlessly savaged HBK. Y2J has inadvertently assaulted his wife because HBK told him he would never be Shawn Michaels and Jericho just won't claim responsibility for it which just heightens Y2J's heel aspect altogether for more crowd negativity; the crowd just feeling for Michaels which all equals gold for such a well written storyline.

Now at Unforgiven after a hellacious match at The Great American Bash, these two will go at it again and with such a build. I'm expecting such a solid match-up between the two after hearing the lengths HBK wants to go with Y2J that would utterly situate him behind bars. Everything is basically smoothened out like a fine, ironed cloth. I can't wait for this match. This is probably the only match I want to see off Unforgiven. The winner should be no body. These men should fight till there is nothing but a pool of blood in the ring and leave it at that to prep for the blow-off at Survivor Series!

This PPV is on my birthday, so that already makes it too sweet. :]

This match is what I'm most looking forward to. After Jericho got the huge victory at the American Bash, HBK deserves to win this one. I don't think a Jericho loss would hurt him too bad, but it all depends on how the match plays out. Just because someone gets the pin, doesn't mean they were the victorious one, if you catch my drift. HBK won the return street fight with HHH, but who got the last hit in?

I just can't wait. It will be the first HBK match I've seen since the stretcher match with Batista.

You know honestly I have been an advocate of shawn micheals making a departure from the ring and entering the managing faze of his career. He has done some remarkable things in the WWE and I would love to see him wrestle forever but I just want him to move on but after I have seen what has transpired over the past few weeks I am ready to see him be the showstopper. And the micheals/jericho feud always draws me in. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I am a Jericho fan as well and I think that they're match will be one of the highlights.

No doubt Shawn Michaels wins this. This fued has exceeded all expectations. Not much could mess this up, but anything less than an annihilation of Jericho will be disappointing in my view. Every facet of this fued has been great, but it is in danger of running long if it continues after this. I also think the inclusion of Rebecca is a great idea and would add a lot to the match and also would help finalize the fued. I just hope Jericho's character can survive after the beating (I'm hoping) he is going to receive.

Hell fucking yes. In what has been a great, epic feud, we get something thats is probably going to be insane, and a possible MOTY canidate in my eyes. The hatred between the two men on monday was nearly palapable. Just a great, amazing promo. I cant really discern were this is going, becuase the storyline is OH so set up for Jericho to come out near killed, but it really doesnt do much for HBK to win this. Then what?? On the other hand, is Jericho goes out and ends up victorious after punching a woman, well, there isnt a whole lot more heat he will be able to get. Still hard to discern were this will go IMO, but i know its the main attraction for me personally.

I expect hbk to go over jericho for the following reasons: one, if u have seen most of hbks best rivalries since his return u will realize that he almost always loses the first match of the series. Kurt angle he loss to wrestlemania then beat his twice in a row. John cena loss to him then beat him later on raw. Its a pattern and I expect the same one at unforgiven. Second if jericho wins the rivalry stops dead in its tracks. Jericho beating hbk twice wouldn't make want to see another match by them. Jericho will not lose any momentum at all his preformances as of late establish him as a main eventer. Hbk beating him only would confirm that he was effective. Also it gives the happy ever after ending to the storyline. Giving both one win a piece makes it even and doesn't bury anyone.

This is going to be a brutal and very entertaining match. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them just beat the crap out of each other and neither of them go for the pin. I can see this being pretty even and the ending could be one of them just hits their finisher out of nowhere for the win. But if they are advertising an unsanctioned match then I don't see anyone going for the pin, unless their opponent is died or dying.

I think HBK wins here,Jericho already pummeled HBK at the GAB, and having jericho beating shawn twice in a row would be kind of pointless, especially with shawn's injury, I probably would've waited this match out a little, just because it'd build it up more and have an epic end to the feud, I'd personally have Y2J win the world title, and then have HBK come back, have him destroy jericho's lackey Cade at no mercy, and then set up the epic unsanctioned streeet fight for survivor series. To me, this reminds me a lot of the '02 summerslam fight with triple h. Expect blood from both men, with jericho again working shawn 's eye over, but shawn winning and pummeling jericho, Rebbecca comes out to stop him, jericho gets a roll up, and then shawn superkicks him. that's how i'd have the match going.

HBK will win because of the revenge factor (ala Undertaker over Edge at SummerSlam). I see Jericho being hurt so bad that he needs a month or two off. I know Raw is weak with heels but this feud needs to continue. In for that to work(so we dont get bored) is to have Jericho off of RAW. Have HBK def CM Punk at No Mercy and Jericho coming back to challenge Michaels for Survivor Series. This way the feud can continue WITH A TITLE..which will re-spark interest into this feud to anyone who thinks its stale...AND gimmick match @ Survivor Series for the title!! IMO .. then end the feud

Surely 'wins' and 'losses' aren't an issue in an unsanctioned match? Surely they both come down to the ring, brawl for a while until one of them grabs a weapon and then security will appear and drag one of them away and then the other will be carried out.

But hey i could be wrong, wwe does tend to fuck around with match structures a lot lately, like when on occassion the ref tries to do countouts in triple threat matches, OR the worst of all, there's a ref in the ring during a ladder match! What's next, a ref using a 5 count in the Royal Rumble? lol

HBK will most likely come out on top, so as not to have Jericho get official beat and lose momentum as others have suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back