• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thinking About Watching TNA

Anyone that thinks TNA is only full of old worthless guys has been suckling at kb's teet too much instead of actually watching the product. The idea that TNA does not have any younger talent that gets exposure is simply ridiculous. Most of these guys have taken shits more talented than the Miz. WWE looks a lot like WWF2.0 to me right now. Simply put, attitude era sells and what happened since doesn't even compare.

Watching TNA to find reasons to complain is quite stupid. Of course you will not like it if that is your goal. My advice, if you do not want to watch or like the product just shut up about it and take those two hours and try and get a life.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. When I first heard of TNA, I thought it was MMA. If I didn't get curious when Kurt debuted, I'd be pretty damn confused right now about it. People like to bitch about it's "inconsistence" and some dumber details. But hey, if you really are a wrestling fan, you'll watch regardless at least once. Just do it. You might like it. If not, well at least you won't be so blind when you criticize.

I probally will never watch TNA, Here are some reasons

2.) The annoying fans, I would honestly like to watch a match without people chanting "TNA TNA TNA"

This is definitley proof you're telling the truth and don't watch the product. I was just mentioning the other day how much it bothers me that the crowds never chant "TNA-TNA-TNA" after high spots that temporarily down both wrestlers, the way that they used to. I loved that, it gave TNA that "ECW feel". It was the fans way of claiming there attachment/allegiance to the company and its performers. Its the crowds way of showing that they appreciate what it is the wrestlers are giving to them physically on behalf of that company, that they may not get watching the alternatives. The fans NEVER chant it anymore. It is disapointing.

You see, Derrtown, that's the exact reason I'm trying to get into TNA. So I can actually have something to complain about (if it is complainable), so i won't have trolls like you saying my view is "ignorant". But you have to realize, what people mostly diss TNA on is true. Full of guys who are over their prime, most likely won't get another shot at WWE, and reliving their glory days. It's basically another WCW.

That's the reason I want to watch. I love wrestling. There's no doubt that WWE is the better company, but their competition is important too.
I say don't watch it because you've proven in the post I quoted that you're nothing more than an WWE Mark and could care less about wrestling. You say you're only watching it so you can find something to complain about and if that is the attitude you're going into this with you will find what you want.

I don't like WWE and in fact only watched it regularly when they started bringing WCW stars in and after seeing how they were treated I turned away from it and haven't watched it since. I'm not going to sit here telling you WWE sucks as I don't watch it and have nothing to complain about but fact is I'm not going to watch it just so I can have something to complain about. I would say it's quite pathetic to watch a show just so you have something to complain about.

I personally enjoy TNA and am entertained by it. If you aren't going into this with the idea you want to be entertained then there's no reason to watch it. If you're just watching it so you can complain about it than it's a pretty shallow reason to watch it. If you have a show that entertains you then why bother telling others that a show that they find entertaining sucks. It's like being in kindergarten all over again and quite lame really.. Some people find museums entertaining while other prefer an amusement park and it would be quite snobish of one to tell the other that there choice in entertianment sucked so why do WWE fans find it to be there duty to tell us whom liked WCW and now TNA that it sucks. It's pathetic really that some think they can tell me my choice of entertainment sucks when I'm not telling them that there choice of entertianment sucks.

1.8 million people watched TNA last Thursday night and they average pretty close to that weekly so they must be doing something right.

The fact that you are asking shows the most important reason of all to watch it. Your pro wrestling needs are not being fulfilled in WWE. Whether or not you are ready to admit it, you have grown and feel that there must be more to Pro Wrestling then the crap put out by WWE. And there sure as hell is.

When you watch TNA at first you will no doubt be tempted to make comparisons with WWE. That's the first thing that has to go. And it will once you realize that TNA is not repetitive piece of ultra predictability that WWE has become.

One criticism that I hear from a lot of WWE marks who first start to make the transition is, "Their stories don't make any sense" when what they mean is, "why can't I predict what's going to happen?" And that's the best part of it all. It pulls you back to see the next episode.

As long as you stay away from those stupid "Spoilers" you will have a great time in TNA. So my #1 piece of advice is DON'T READ SPOILERS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back