The Ultimate Fantasy Mock Draft V.

Colamania

Finally. Colin has come back...
Basically, The first 4 Mock Drafts never worked out. Mr. Sam said if anyone wanted to take the idea over, they could feel free. Step up Colamania! (After TWFS got banned, obviously)

The Rules:

To make this clear, these rules only take effect once all 6 competitors have signed up, and if we have more than 8 applicants, post counts and general reputation for reliability will come into play. If you want to join, then simply state that you want to join at first, don't give any of this info until later.

Once the UWF Draft V begins:

-Choose a Brand Name.
-Choose a General Manager.
-There will be a total of 25 rounds of drafting. (The order of the draft will be determined by me picking the names out of a hat to be fair).
-You will still have 18 hours to make your picks or else you lose your pick and can fill it at the end of the draft.
-You must have at least 3 championships. You can have more but not less. Tag Teams are not required but are encouraged to make your show as impressive as possible.
-You are allowed to partner with another member of WZ to manufacture your show together. (This is a good rule added by TWFS, so partnerships can sign up if they want in order to try to make missed picks a less common thing).
-Miss more than 2 selections and your done, without prior notice. If you know you can't make a pick (work, holiday, whatever) then prior notice means that you will not be kicked out, and can make your pick asap.
-You can select any male wrestler.
- I like the idea of including women, therefore, this is how the 25 rounds as opposed to 20 work: The first 20 rounds are male wrestlers. The last 5 are females.
-Trading is accepted and encouraged. Make any trade offers to the various competitors by PM.

Draft Table

Note: This table will be constantly updated as we go along. Don't make any new copies.

Colamania/C-Diggity
Brand Name: The Lightning Wrestling Federation (LWF)
General Manager: Paul Heyman

Male Roster:
1. The Undertaker
2. Brock Lesnar
3. Triple H
4. Batista
5. Rob Van Dam
6. CM Punk
7. Jeff Hardy
8. "Wildcat" Chris Harris
9. "Cowboy" James Storm
10. Matt Hardy
11. Tommy Dreamer
12. Hernandez
13. Homicide

14. Senshi
15. Mr. Kennedy
16. Konnan
17. Rhino
18. Sabu
19. Balls Mahoney
Female Roster:

jpfizzle
Brand Name: Golden Wrestling Alliance (GWA)
General Manager: Eric Bischoff

Male Roster:
1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
2. Ric Flair
3. "Macho Man" Randy Savage
4. Scott Hall/Razor Ramon
5. Kevin Nash

6. Owen Hart
7. "Dynamite Kid" Tom Billington
8. Arn Anderson
9. Tully Blanchard

10. Alex Shelley
11. Chris Sabin

12. "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
13. "Psycho" Sid Vicious
14. Lance Storm
15. MVP
16. Ken Shamrock
17. X-Pac
18. Gregory Helms
19. "Ravishing" Rick Rude
Female Roster:

Cage1917r
Brand Name: Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment (UWE)
General Manager: Vince McMahon
Male Roster:

1. The Rock
2. Randy Orton
3. Chris Jericho
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Rey Mysterio Jr.
6. AJ Styles
7. Christian Cage
8. The Big Show
9. Kane
10. John "Bradshaw" Layfield
11. Bubba Ray Dudley
12. Umaga
13. D-Von Dudley
14. Ron Simmons
15. Bobby Lashley
16. Tomko
17. Finlay
18. Christopher Daniels
19. Carlito
Female Roster:

The_Next_Big_Thing
Brand Name: World Federation of Wresting (WFW)
General Manager: Jim Cornette
Male Roster:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. John Cena
3. Vader
4. Goldberg
5. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
6. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
7. Diamond Dallas Page
8. Booker T
9. Jeff Jarrett
10. Goldust
11. Billy Gunn
12. Road Dogg

13. Paul London
14. Brian Kendrick

15. Shelton Benjamin
16. Lex Luger
17. Big Bossman
18. Charlie Hass
Female Roster:

MattMoses
Brand Name: Pro Wresting Federation (PWF)
General Manager: Shane McMahon
Male Roster:

1. Bret "The Hitman" Hart
2. Kurt Angle
3. Sting
4. Chris Benoit
5. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
6. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
7. Dean Malenko
8. Brian Pillman
9. Scott Stiener
10. Rick Stiener

11. Ultimo Dragon
12. Road Warrior Animal
13. Raven
14. Terry Funk
15. Road Warrior Hawk
16. Bam Bam Bigelow
17. The Great Muta
18. Barry Windham
Female Roster:

a0161613
Brand Name: Impact Pro Wresting (IPW)
General Manager: Stephanie McMahon

Male Roster:
1. Shawn Michaels
2. Edge
3. Mick Foley
4. Samoa Joe
5. -- MISSED --
6. Yokozuna
7. Jushin Thunder Liger
8. "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
9. Abyss
10. Bryan Danielson
11. Mike Awesome
12. KENTA
13. -- MISSED --
14. Nigel McGuinness
15. Chris Hero
16. Claudio Castagnoli
17. Andre The Giant
18. Petey Williams
Female Roster:

Those drafts are boring and take WAY to long to do. Here's a MUCH better idea...

Each draft member creates a list of 128 wrestlers that they would like to have, in the EXACT order they desire them (doesn't have to be 128, just multiply the number of GMs, by the number of roster spots). So, if you want Hogan first and Austin second, Hogan would be one and Austin would be two. Then, after all eight have submitted their list, the draft runner will then assign wrestlers to GMs, based on their list. So, let's say that the first three to pick was Person A, Person B, and Person C. All three Persons had the same draft card which had Hogan at 1, Austin at 2, and HBK at 3. Whomever picks first (let's say Person A) would get the first person on their card. So, Person A gets Hulk Hogan.

Then, it's Person B's turn and he gets the first wrestler on his draft board that has not been picked. Well, Hogan is picked, so the next highest is Austin. So, Person B gets Austin. Then, it's Person C's turn and he gets the first pick on his board that hasn't been drafted, which goes all the way down to HBK.

The only negative about this is what I feel makes it so fun. When all the GMs submit their draft boards, they really don't know who they are going to get. They may get a great roster, or a roster that has no flow at all. Then it becomes a REAL GM challenge to put together an interesting show, or to make any trades necessary, or if you allow it, to sign free agents.

The way I would do free agents is this. To sign a free agent, you have to release one of your talents, but the free agent signed cannot appear on the first show after he is signed. So, if I sign Mitsaharu Misawa after my first show and release Doink the Clown, I don't have Doink for the second show because he was cut, and I don't have Misawa either because he cannot perform on the next show.

I think it would make it a lot more interesting, and more importantly, would eliminate a LOT of time, which I think is the biggest reason these mock drafts don't do well. It makes more work on the Commissioner, but I think would be fun.

Those drafts are boring and take WAY to long to do. Here's a MUCH better idea...

Each draft member creates a list of 128 wrestlers that they would like to have, in the EXACT order they desire them (doesn't have to be 128, just multiply the number of GMs, by the number of roster spots). So, if you want Hogan first and Austin second, Hogan would be one and Austin would be two. Then, after all eight have submitted their list, the draft runner will then assign wrestlers to GMs, based on their list. So, let's say that the first three to pick was Person A, Person B, and Person C. All three Persons had the same draft card which had Hogan at 1, Austin at 2, and HBK at 3. Whomever picks first (let's say Person A) would get the first person on their card. So, Person A gets Hulk Hogan.

Then, it's Person B's turn and he gets the first wrestler on his draft board that has not been picked. Well, Hogan is picked, so the next highest is Austin. So, Person B gets Austin. Then, it's Person C's turn and he gets the first pick on his board that hasn't been drafted, which goes all the way down to HBK.

The only negative about this is what I feel makes it so fun. When all the GMs submit their draft boards, they really don't know who they are going to get. They may get a great roster, or a roster that has no flow at all. Then it becomes a REAL GM challenge to put together an interesting show, or to make any trades necessary, or if you allow it, to sign free agents.

The way I would do free agents is this. To sign a free agent, you have to release one of your talents, but the free agent signed cannot appear on the first show after he is signed. So, if I sign Mitsaharu Misawa after my first show and release Doink the Clown, I don't have Doink for the second show because he was cut, and I don't have Misawa either because he cannot perform on the next show.

I think it would make it a lot more interesting, and more importantly, would eliminate a LOT of time, which I think is the biggest reason these mock drafts don't do well. It makes more work on the Commissioner, but I think would be fun.

Something tells me you didn't think up that idea in the last four minutes.

EDIT: And it sounds very interesting. Though I'm out.

Something tells me you didn't think up that idea in the last four minutes.

EDIT: And it sounds very interesting. Though I'm out.
I thought of that a while back and had PM'd it to someone. I just copied it and pasted it.

But, the thought process behind it took no time at all.

It would just be a lot more interesting and would take a lot less time.

Could work. But fuck it, I've done the whole draft board and everything now. If this one fails, this may well be the UWF Mock Draft 6. Thanks for the input Sly, it's appreciated :D

I thought of that a while back and had PM'd it to someone. I just copied it and pasted it.

But, the thought process behind it took no time at all.

It would just be a lot more interesting and would take a lot less time.

Its called an automated draft, every fantasy sports website has one. You didn't invent it.

Sign me up. Either way of drafting the rosters is fine with me.

And Sly, are you taking part in this? I'd be interested to see what you could come up with.

And about the women thing - I think the number should be cut down to three, with having the option to choose more if you so desire. I mean, not including managers, how many female wrestlers have there been which people actually care for? I'd say there's no less than thirty or so, and I'd be pretty sure everybody would want the same women on their roster.

Yeah, I was thinking that 5 might be too much. It might get knocked down to 3, but then again, there are only 6 competitors in this thing, and 6 x 5 is 30. And, as you said,

there's no less than thirty or so

so you see the logic.

Deadline to sign up is Wednesday at 2300 GMT. That gives you, by WZ's clock, 48 hours exactly.

I've always wanted to try one of these. I'm in. Question though-- If we want to draft a tag team, for example The Motor City Machine Guns, can we get them with one pick, or does it require the use of two draft picks?

In the past they did it together, but in the last one they made them into two seperate picks, i'm not sure how Cola will have it be done, but i would guess that they would be seperate picks.

If I get bored tomorrow, perhaps I'll post Strafro's official draft board to see what others think of my list.
But I will not be joining this time around.

I've always wanted to try one of these. I'm in. Question though-- If we want to draft a tag team, for example The Motor City Machine Guns, can we get them with one pick, or does it require the use of two draft picks?

Seperate picks. The only way you could be guaranteed to be able to draft a tag team is if you were at the top or at the bottom of the order, coz then you get 2 picks in a row when it eventually rolls round to you. And that's a damned good position to be in. I hope I get drawn there personally, but who knows how it'll come out.

OK, so far we've got me, Cage917r (hereby referred to as Cage) Prince Albert (hereby referred to as Albert) and a0161613 (hereby referred to as that tit with a load of numbers in his name). Two spots left, unless we have more applicants.

EDIT - Oh, and jpfizzle. Forgot about him. Sorry fiz, you're in too. Only one spot left then I guess.

SECOND EDIT - Fuck me, we've got MattMoses as well. OK, additional people can try until tomorrow, but as for now, we at least have the minimum 6 people. Wa-hey.

OK, so far we've got me, Cage917r (hereby referred to as Cage) Prince Albert (hereby referred to as Albert) and a0161613 (hereby referred to as that tit with a load of numbers in his name). Two spots left, unless we have more applicants.

EDIT - Oh, and jpfizzle. Forgot about him. Sorry fiz, you're in too. Only one spot left then I guess.

SECOND EDIT - Fuck me, we've got MattMoses as well. OK, additional people can try until tomorrow, but as for now, we at least have the minimum 6 people. Wa-hey.
It will never work with those posters. Half of them will be gone or banned by the time crafting shows were to begin.

Sly, fuck off. Why do you have to put everything down? JP will still be here, he's been aroudn for a long time. Same with Albert and MattMoses. And I think the numbers guy's been around for a little while too. Just because you don't like the concept, you don't have to come in and bash it. We're just doing this to have fun, man, that's all it is. So chill out.

Sly, fuck off. Why do you have to put everything down? JP will still be here, he's been aroudn for a long time. Same with Albert and MattMoses. And I think the numbers guy's been around for a little while too. Just because you don't like the concept, you don't have to come in and bash it. We're just doing this to have fun, man, that's all it is. So chill out.
I'm not bashing the concept, but come on. Look at ALL of the last drafts.

Has there been one that has gotten through to the end without losing people? I'm not putting it down for the sake of putting it down, it's just truth.

But that's fine. You can feel differently, and give it a go. And when somebody drops out or is banned, like I said, I'll be there to say that I told you so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back