• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Triple H Thread

What is your opinion of Triple H.?

• I Hate Him!

• I'm not a fan of his

• Neutral: Don't like or hate him

• He's okay, not the greatest

• He's The King of Kings!

Results are only viewable after voting.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Source: Wrestling Observer

When Triple H makes his return around Summerslam, it is expected that he will not be partaking in a Degeneration X vs. Randy Orton and Edge feud.

Vince believes that it would be nearly impossible to keep Orton and Edge a hot tag-team for that long. It is also expected that the two are due to be splitting back up into singles competition within the next few months. With that being said, Edge has also asked to not feud with Triple H when he does make his in-ring return.

When Triple H retuns Edge does not want to have a program with him and truth be told i'm not quite shocked by it at all. Remember back in the day i belive back in 2002 and when Edge frist went to RAW as Face and many figured it was to feud with Triple H, but Triple H nixed the idea as he said it wasn't time. I ageed with him back then as Edge to get squashed in a program with Triple H would make him look weak back then.

Now with Edge becoming IMO the top heel on RAW and we all know when Triple H returns he will be a big face i guess the people in creative feel it be a good time finally have a Triple H and Edge feud. Yet, now Edge does not want to do a program with Triple H and I guess IMO that Edge wants to not do a program with Triple H as he feels Triple H will make him look weak and after all this time its now finally time they have a program and Edge wont go for it.

I think if they want to go this route I say build it for Wrestlemania 24 as i think they can have a good program if Triple H doesn't make their feud to where Edge looks weak then i think it can be one of the best in a while. Yet, with the amoisty these two backstage i feel becuase of the past prgram Triple H turned down i doubt this feud will ever happen leats for a bit longer.

So I feel Edge should want to do this program only if triple H doenst make him look weak and build it for Mania 24...so what you all think?

While I can see where Edge is coming from in not wanting to feud with HHH when he returns, the problem with that is who does he feud with then. Orton? maybe, but that can only go for so long. Umaga? I hope not, b/c that would not be a good match at all. Nitro? not ready for a feud of that calliber. I don't see and HHH/Edge program for WM24 as HHH I believe will be in the main event for the title, as he probably sees his career being shortened by this injury and he still needs a few more title runs in him before he is done. Maybe this is just heresay and in the end Edge and HHH will have a feud, but again who knows.

Yeah but wouldn't it be something to see Edge vs Triple H at WM 24 for the Championship i think that could sell but i highlty doubt McMahon will do that but heres to hoping. Well if they turn Carlito heel then maybe Carlito i think that be a good one.

Here is a thought. Chris Benoit is coming to Raw. He could feud with Edge, or they could easily turn him heel (he isn't used that much lately on SD) and have him feud with Trips. I'd personally rather see a Benoit/Edge feud as Benoit/Triple H was practically shoved down a throats for a long time (that doesn't mean it was bad, but at the end to me it was repetative).

Ya Carlito/HHH feud would be a good one, but who knows if and when Carlito will turn heel. And for sure its not out of the question for an Edge/HHH title match at WM24, but it'll probably end up being HHH/Cena or HHH/HBK maybe?

I would love to see HHH vs Edge because they could have some awesome matches, but it could be a bad move for Edge because the faces are just put over the heels too much and something like this could ruin years of Edges buildup as the top heel in the company. A feud with HHH as a heel would work a lot better because it would allow more competitiveness, but Edge couldn't work as a face so unfortunately it is probably not going to happen too soon. HHH is just too commanding in feuds and has to have his way, and I think it is probably this reason that Edge didn't want to feud with him for. The two could be awesome if it wasn't one sided, but the WWE is bound to make that happen so I guess Edge vs HHH is not going to happen. Both guys work much better as heels, but the WWE won't go for heel vs heel feuds, and that is a shame because it is the one way that these two could go at it.

I agree with what you said there Mr. Downward Spiral in pretty much all of it as Triple H does have a habbit of dominating feuds. Yet, i think personally if this does happen and I love to see it i just fear that if Triple H does domanite as a face that he can really bury Edge from mainevent feuds. The thing is this has to be a balanced feud and each needs solid wins against each other to make it a great feud. Yet i feel if Triple H does want this he will get it and Edge be stuck. I mean Edge in no way wants Triple H mad at him for not wanting to work with him as he can make it where doesnt eblong in his league so i mean it is touchy IMO for Edge. Still i want to see it be a good decent feud and we havent had one of those is a while

It's not so much that there should be an even number of wins for the two guys, but rather that they both should come out of it looking better than they did at the start, and too often today, the heel comes out looking like a fool. It happened with DX vs Rated RKO and Cena vs Edge, and it has really destroyed the credibility Edge has. This is also a bad sign when Edge cheats every 5 seconds in a match, which really doesn't demonstrate his true wrestling skills at all. There is just too much of a distance between faces and heels and the heels are just made to try to hard to get heat. This results in them looking like idiots in the ring, in feuds and does nothing for credibility that they deserve. Being in one sided feuds doesn't just mean that one guy dominated the matches, but it can also mean that one guy always came out on top in everything. HHH commands at times that he has to get everything his way, and it is not surprising that Edge wants to stay clear of that. Edge's world title reigns were ruined by the WWE still making him look weak and HHH can only destroy his credibility further, and it has already taken a battering. I would like to see it, but knowing HHH and what the WWE do to the heels in feuds nowadays, Edge would not be getting much out of it. You also bring up a good point in that this could make Edge look like someone who couldn't work but really, he has his reasons for not wanting to be put in this feud. He has probably seen what happens to people who piss others off backstage, so I guess if he is smart and the WWE asked him to do this feud, he would do it. Let's hope if he does the right thing by him and refuses, he won't be canned.

Triple H turned down a feud with Edge about a year ago. I imagine it's a way of Edge trying to get his own back. Personally the feud does'nt intrest me. I'd prefer Edge to go to Smackdown and feud with Taker, Finlay, Helms & Kennedy.

I just hope Triple H doesn't feud with HBK. We've seen that about 100 times already. I'm hoping they will turn Benoit heel and have Triple H feud with him. I think we will get a better picture in a month or so with what the WWE does with Shawn Michaels. If they give him a title run or if they run an injury angle to give him some time off. I read somewhere that they planned on giving HBK the title and have a triple threat feud with Beniot and Cena leading to an injury angle. I have no idea where that leads Orton and Edge hopefully they won't feud with each other because they both play better heels then faces.

i think its all the backstage politics, i dont think triple h would want edge to be put over on his name and edge knows this, hhh needs to step down abit to allow other stars to break through or if he doesnt want to step down atleast let them get the win over them.

HHH needs to step aside and let someone else prepare to be a top heel for the long haul. HHH has become the new Kevin Nash with regards to his injury record. Too many steroids and no play make Paul a brittle, brittle boy. The worst thing is that without HHH deadlocked into the picture, there isn't a second guy they have built that can perform as a suitable replacement in terms of being a heel. He's pretty much one of the only credible heels in the entire company. Smackdown has $hit. ECW IS $hit in that department, and the only two other potential mega-heels are languishing on Raw at present (Orton and Edge) in a six-month shot of a pointless angle that does NOTHING to further their singles stature (which damn sure should be the focus) and at the same time devalues the entire tag division (which was sucking hard anyway). No one else in the entire company generates nearly enough consistent heat to make a difference aside from Edge and Orton, and they've been wasted, when in reality it was THEY who should've been prepped to ascend as the primary heels on each show. Edge was seemingly that guy, but then again he had to work a program with Cena so that is pretty much trying to swim his way out of quicksand in terms of doing anything significant. This is the reason they have two lame-duck title matches planned for Wrestlemania this year that have ZERO intrigue. SOMEBODY up in Stamford needs to dislodge head from ass and start realizing that HHH has become a bona fide crutch, and that with his face turn this last year, the WWE has been limping on even worse than before.

I agree. If HHH comes back from injury with full momentum and fan support behind him( remember last return anybody???) and no one as big as HHH makes a come back with a loss. A loss to HHH will hurt Edges status as the top heel on raw. Leave this to happen sometime later in the year
A feud sometime around summerslam 08 would be appropriate as it'll give time for EDGE vs ORTON program to run its course. It has taken several months to build up

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

A DX vs. Rated RKO match is not scheduled to take place at SummerSlam. The reason for this is that Vince McMahon doesn't know what he can with the team to keep them hot until SummerSlam. As things stand now, an Edge vs. Randy Orton feud is scheduled to take place well before SummerSlam. No word yet on who will be the babyface and who will be the heel in the program.

On the otherhand, when Triple H comes back, which should be at SummerSlam, he wants to have a natural feud. Which is why he wants to continue his feud with Rated RKO. However, Edge is politicking to not work against Triple H when he recovers.

although I don't think it'll happen I'd love to see Edge and HHH feud... there two of the best competeters on RAW and I think these two could show us some of the best matches in a long time.

I see why Edge doesn't want a feud with HHH right now so he wont be seen as weak. But we basically saw HHH vs. Edge with the DX/RKO angle.

of corse edge doesnt want to get squashed by HHH when he returns.it would damage edges status.hes got to feud with someone like umaga or kennedy(if he comes to raw) but by then i guess he will be on the title hunt(kennedy that is)

what i think it is, is that Edge doesnt want the usual treatment by HHH (example a burying like HHH gave Cena building up to WM22 making Cena look like he was a just turned pro rookie)

I would say, let HBK beat Cena at WM23. Let them feud a little bit till may/june. At the same time create a nice feud between Edge & Orton. Let Orton (or Edge) beat HBK for the title. Continue the feud with Edge & Orton. In the meantime HHH will be back. Give him some momentum to and let him beat Orton for the title as he did before. Since Edge wants to be WWE Champ... that would be the perfect timing for an Edge vs HHH feud. Oh and what about Cena... well there are still enough people on Raw for him to feud with. If Cena wants to be big time, well he also needs to have decent feuds without the WWE Title in the picture.

And what other people said in this thread, it's indeed a shame that there is no chance in an Edge vs HHH main event at WM.

EDge/HHH would be pointless, HHH is only good as a Heel, or to a lesser extent a twener the only way the could become a real face was something big (the DX storyline). But that got old fast, though it got him over with most of the braindead Cena fans. The only usefullness HHH has when he returns is a slot in the mid card helping the likes of Carlito and Nitro move up the pecking order, basicaly taking over this role from Flair (who should retire from wrestling as soon as, make him a manager or something if they are that desperate to keep him). Edge is still pretty over butneeds a good feud, i can see a Heel vs Tweener match at Backlash (edge/orton)... But i dont know where WWE are going with these storylines 2bh, maybe they will suprise everyone and have a draft lottery and draft HHH over to Smackdown and get some talent (Helms, Punk etc.) on RAW.

EDge/HHH would be pointless, HHH is only good as a Heel, or to a lesser extent a twener the only way the could become a real face was something big (the DX storyline). But that got old fast, though it got him over with most of the braindead Cena fans. The only usefullness HHH has when he returns is a slot in the mid card helping the likes of Carlito and Nitro move up the pecking order, basicaly taking over this role from Flair (who should retire from wrestling as soon as, make him a manager or something if they are that desperate to keep him). Edge is still pretty over butneeds a good feud, i can see a Heel vs Tweener match at Backlash (edge/orton)... But i dont know where WWE are going with these storylines 2bh, maybe they will suprise everyone and have a draft lottery and draft HHH over to Smackdown and get some talent (Helms, Punk etc.) on RAW.

edge vs hhh would not be pointless...the lines these 2 could throw back at one another could be interesting..you dont kno till you c it happen...braindead Cena fans? i dont understand what that means..your a fan your a fan there is really no reason to bash the fans that like cena..he gets in the ring he does what he must and that is that..it doesnt matter if he isnt the best wrestler because in todays world and in sports enteraintment it doesnt mean shit if u can wrestle or not...LOL you have to be insane if you think hhh would join the midcard when he returns..there is no doubt he will become a main eventer yet again and it much needed...if flair can still wrestler then let him keep wrestling..i dont see the man limping to the ring with 2 fake knees liek hogan but that is a diff story...highly doubtful they would ever draft hhh to smackdown because raw is the number 1 show therefore you keep one of your number 1 stars on the number 1 show..esp hhh..

Triple H made it clear that he never would go on wrestling thursday nights (in the past SD! aired on thursday as you all know). Also it was said that he didn't want to go to the minor leagues. And you've to be honest, Raw is WWE's flagship. So I don't think there is a chance that HHH will go to SD! But then again... never say never....

The Game WILL NEVER go to Smackdown that would be pointless he was arguable the most popular guy before his injury and you keep your prime time guys on your number one program with that said RAW needs too keep HHH, Edge, Orton, Cena, and HBK and maybe even add to that as well myabe a benoit or a kennedy. If Edge doesnt want a feud with HHH then i think you can either go wtih Orton and have him use his legend killer persona saying he hurt HHH or possibly send Kennedy to raw and have him build as a heel before HHH returns and have them have a feud. Other than Edge, Orton, and possibly Kennedy i dont see someone with the star power capable enough to enter into a feud with HHH when he returns

Your first two sentences say it all. These guys don't need to be used as anything more than top heels in a set of shows that are devoid of them. No one scoops genuine heat like Edge/Orton on Raw except Umaga, and he just babbles incoherently and rams his ass into people so there isn't much character depth there. You're right about Carlito and Nitro. They'd make a hell of a revitalized Evolution or a new Four Horseman clique alongside HHH. They're both naturals who need to be the pet projects of the company if they are to gain any longevity in the future with regards to angles that don't always flop around on the floor and die a quick death. If there was one truer constancy in wrestling, it's that a great heel can make a decent face leagues better because if that heel does his job right, then the fans don't care who kicks his ass, so long as it gets kicked. As for Edge/Orton, they're both well-established as heels, they just need to be used in a program that is actually worth a damn.

Edge would fit far better on SD ! than RAW after Mania.....

The Undertaker vs The R Rated Superstar For SD ! Gold or going Streak vs Streak in a TLC Match at Mania 24 ?

That would be far far more exiciting than any HHH vs Edge feud.....

good point, i would love to see a taker edge feud. But that said edge is probably tied for the #1 heel in the wwe rite now n i dont see him going back to SD anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back