• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Streak Is Over (Keep it in here!!!!)

When will Taker Retire?

• Taker will retire on Raw

• Taker Will retire within next year

• Taker will retire within the next 5 years

• I have no idea and I cant even process the Streak being over!

Results are only viewable after voting.

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
After tonights match and how the UT WM streak is now a thing of the past........ Is it time? Is it finally the time for Undertaker to hang up his boots? To be completely honest i found myself bored at times with Taker's match and was genuinely shocked when the 3 count occured....
After talking to my mates we agreed retirement cant be far off since we all agreed that taker would have retired a long time ago......

To me theres two scenarios....
1) he either retires on Raw tomorrow night or
2) he vows to avenge his loss to Brock next year, beats him and retires

Thoughts?

I'd prefer he retire; however, I think they are setting this up for a rematch at next year's WM. Assuming Lesnar stays on a part time schedule, this should be doable. Not even sure if Taker would win the rematch, I just think they'll try to run this back like they did Taker/HHH and Lesnar/HHH. But I don't think he has to necessarily win a rematch because I think his legacy with the streak alone has already been cemented.

Don't really see a reason for a Lesnar rematch,tbh. The Streak is finished altogether, so beating Lesnar in a rematch is going to achieve what exactly?

Either Sting comes and challenges Taker tomorrow night on RAW, or he gets a deserved Retirement "ceremony" where he is acknowledged by the Locker Room for being one of the Most Respected Superstars of All-Time,lMO.

The only reason Undertaker kept wrestling year after year was to defend the streak and now that the streak is over he has nothing left to do. So yes, its time for him to retire and probably be inducted into the Hall of Fame in the next 3-4 years.

I don't think Taker retires without some forewarning. Flair's last (WWE) match was 4 months coming. Shawn's last match had an announced retirement stipulation. I think Taker comes out on Raw and says he's done, he's retiring. Sting makes his debut and says that he's respected Taker for a long time and now that he's finally here, he wants a match with him. They have one last match between them at next year's Mania, with both agreeing that it will be their last. Will it be a good match? Not as good as it would have been years ago. But the build, the promos, the mutual respect, and the theatrics of it will still put butts in seats. And they can use the fact that two of pro wrestling's all time greats will be performing in their last match to sell the PPV.

Ideally Taker should retire at Survivor Series since if I remember correctly, that is where he made his WWE debut back in 1990. They could do an angle with him and Bray Wyatt culminating in a match at Survivor Series.

I don't think Taker retires without some forewarning. Flair's last (WWE) match was 4 months coming. Shawn's last match had an announced retirement stipulation. I think Taker comes out on Raw and says he's done, he's retiring. Sting makes his debut and says that he's respected Taker for a long time and now that he's finally here, he wants a match with him. They have one last match between them at next year's Mania, with both agreeing that it will be their last. Will it be a good match? Not as good as it would have been years ago. But the build, the promos, the mutual respect, and the theatrics of it will still put butts in seats. And they can use the fact that two of pro wrestling's all time greats will be performing in their last match to sell the PPV.

This is the scenario I see happening also. It sucks we don't get to see John Cena vs The Undertaker for the streak :disappointed: but this is the likely scenario I see happening. If Taker is going to retire that could be a huge way to sell tickets and I don't see anyone leaving that money on the table.

I think Taker vs Sting should still happen if he has signed. Sting going against Taker with the streak wasn't believable, but with the streak over, I could see Sting having a match. Why not just have a good ol wrestling match? No stipulations, no streak, no BS. Just the final match between two all time greats, where both officially bow out at the end. I'd pay to watch that happen. Does that sound crazy? Not any more.

I'd be shocked if he ever wrestles again. He would have retired years ago if not for the streak. IMO, he wanted Lesnar to beat him three years ago after their UFC confrontation and retire then.

He'll come out tomorrow, announce his retirement, get the applauds from the lockerroom, probably including Rock, Austin, and Hogan, and then he'll go off into the sunset and we won't see him again until he gets inducted into the HOF next year. Then Sting probably goes in the year after that. I don't see Sting wrestling for the WWE, or wrestling Undertaker. It's just been too long, they're both too old. But, hey, I didn't expect the streak to end, so who knows.

Without the streak there really is no reason for Undertaker to stick around. Plus he was looking rough as fuck out there tonight anyways. Honestly, not even a Taker/Sting match would interest me at this point since both guys are way over the hill and past their prime. Taker should retire and go into the Hall of Fame next year, he had a good run.

I would rather not see a rematch being that this match wasn't really up to par with the last 5 streak matches.

I think it's a shame because IF the streak was supposed to be broken now looking back WM25, WM26, WM28 and WM29 would have been a much more epic match to do it with. This one was just really really unsatisfying..

Well in the lyrics of B.B. King. "The thrill is gone".

I knew that Brock Lesner was going to end the streak this year at Wrestlemania. Brock Lesner is not just a wrestler, he's a fighter. A skilled legit weapon. The Undertaker is getting on in age and his age caught up with him last night at Wrestlemania 30. All great things must come to an end. Taker couldn't keep the streak going forever. It is a little let down that the Undertaker streak is now gone and will not being putting it on the line next year against Sting if that match were to happen?

Maybe next year they could have a retirement match with each other. But thanks to the Undertaker for all the memories he gave us during the streak years. Rest in Peace streak, R.I.P.

I still can't fathom the fact that the undertaker lost..... My heart skipped a few beats
when the ref made the 3 count..... I have no idea how to feel about it.

Was a slober knocker (like I figured it would be), kind of felt robbed when taker lost, the ending felt so... Anticlimatic, but that's it. Taker has nothing left in the WWE, he has more then given his all to the WWE and the millions of fans! The streak is now over, an unprecedented 21-1, I honestly think this is it.

I figure tomorrow he will address his loss, or we will get a undertaker style send off with a coffin, and some druid. That or the next time we see him will be his HOF induction ceremony next year.

And as far as sting goes, even IF he signs with the E, after watching his match tonight, I doubt the 2 will face off at WM 31, Taker isn't a young guy, (obviously neither is sting) doubt it will happen based on the fact that both men are up there in age, plus the wear and tear from years of wrestling and being on the road, etc. However in WWE 2k15..... That's another story.

It's very possible that we see Taker on Raw tomorrow start to retire, only for Sting to come out, talk him out of it and have one last match for both the following year. It's very plausible, because it would seem such a waste for Sting to finally sign, only for Taker to retire which leaves Sting really with nothing left to do other than go into the HOF. Plus, the format of announcing the main event a year in advance worked wonders for WWE back in 2011/2012 for Wrestlemania 28. So business-sense wise, it would make total sense to announce Sting and Taker in their final match a year in advance. It'll make many people, including yours truly (who has a fear of flying) make the trip to San Francisco to see it.

But while all of that is possible, and I won't be surprised if that's the direction they're going, to be honest, I think this was the last one. As big as a "Retirement Match" would be for Taker and Sting, it just isn't the same without the Streak on the line. Like many have pointed out, the only reason that Taker has even wrestled in the last few years was the Streak matches. Now that the Streak is done, what is left? I definitely don't see a Lesnar/Taker rematch in the future. The match was not their best, and what would be the point in Taker losing finally, only to come back and avenge that loss? The end of the Streak basically means the end of Undertaker. Other than a Sting match, there nothing left for Taker to do now that the Streak is over. A match with Cena would've been epic. But now that the Streak is over, it wouldn't matter. A match with Taker finally letting someone new for the future like Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns, or even Daniel Bryan end the Streak would've worked (especially Wyatt). Now a match with Taker at Wrestlemania doesn't matter near as much. Sure it's still be big to beat Taker at Wrestlemania, but which would matter more, giving Taker his second loss at Wrestlemania, or his first? Obviously the first.

Unless WWE goes with a Sting/Taker "One Last Hurrah" match for both next year, this was Taker's last Wrestlemania match. Maybe not the absolute last match, but I'd say most likely this was it. The only other thing I could see Taker doing besides a Sting match would be one last match with Kane perhaps at the Survivor Series in one more coffin or buried alive match in which Taker loses, and we finally see the end of the Taker character. But now that Kane is "Corporate Kane" I don't see that happening either.

I basically put percentage odds for "The Future of Taker" like this.

A Wrestlemania 31 match with someone new (Cena, Wyatt, Bryan, Reigns): 2%

A rematch with Brock at Wrestlemania 31: 5%

A rematch with Brock at another ppv (Extreme Rules, Summerslam): 15%

One last match with Kane to finally end the Taker character: 25%

One last match with Sting at Wrestlemania 31: 35%

Taker will retire on Raw and go into the HOF either next year or the year after: 75%

I think this is it and we're gonna see one of the most emotional Monday Night Raw's ever. On par with the Owen tribute episode. Which is why I'm calling in work to watch Raw tomorrow night. If Taker retires, I definitely want to see it.

He is done, for good.

And its a good thing. The man gave everything he has over the past 22+ years. Nobody cant touch him.

He went under as every great superstar has, with your back on the mat.

Anything that might come after this, will be irrelevant.

Tonight we celebrate the career of the greatest performer (along with hbk) of all time. There will never be another wrestler close to what this man has accomplish in the business. Tonight was the real end of an era.

Thanks Undertaker for giving us the fans, more than we expected since day 1.

I think he will retire tonight on Raw.
At the end of the day he can't physically do it like he use to and I think he knows that, going out with both shoulders on the mat is the classy thing to do by a wrestler full of class.
Thanks for the memories Taker.

I was a huge jumble of emotions last night and while I made a couple of posts in the match section, I didn't post in depth as I was so shocked that I hardly knew what to say. After having gotten a surprisingly sound night's sleep, my head's clearer and I've had time to reflect on what went down.

I have a feeling that Taker retires tonight on Raw and I don't really see any other reason why the streak would end. Taker said something to the effect several years back during the build for his match with Triple H at WrestleMania XXVII that always stuck with me. Can't remember exactly what he said word for word, but it went something like: "If the streak dies....I die." The streak is the only reason Taker has been returning the past several years as he's already done everything there is to do in WWE, that and the fact that the wear & tear of the business has majorly caught up with him the past 5 or 6 years.

As I was watching the match last night, I can honestly say that for the first time, Taker genuinely looked like an old man who moved like an old man. From the time Taker returned with the amalgam of the "Dead Man" & "American Badass" at WrestleMania XX progressively until the about WrestleMania XXVIII, Taker was pretty damn ripped. When he returned at WM XX, he looked refreshed and you could tell that he'd been hitting the gym. By the time he faced Batista at WrestleMania XXIII, he was ultra lean. The guy had a six pack that you could use to shred lettuce. He'd obviously been changing his diet over the past several years and his workout routine; even though he was billed at 299 lbs, I'd say he was closer to a really lean 260 or so. For his match with CM Punk last year, you could tell that age had really started to catch up to him as he'd lost a great deal of muscle tone, which isn't surprising considering that there were all kinds of reports following his WM XXVIII match stating that he was in a lot of pain and that the match had aggravated a lot of nagging injuries. As a result, the guy couldn't workout the way he used.

Last night, Taker looked even less toned than he had at WM last year, though he wasn't as pale. While watching the match, he also didn't seem to be in as good a cardio shape as he used to be and you could clearly see that Lesnar was holding back. Lesnar wasn't anywhere near as physical with Taker as we've seen him in matches with Cena, Triple H and Punk.

Since the streak is why Taker was still around, I see no real point in continuing. A rematch against Lesnar won't erase the fact that he still lost at WrestleMania and the streak is dead.

Taker vs Sting at Survivor Series 2014 in Takers last match is absolutely fine by me. Debuted there 23 years ago and can finish there.

I think Sting will interupt his retirement speech tonight. I am pretty certain this is the last time we will see Taker in a Mania match though.

Is there any reason for taker not to retire with his last match to be the end of the streak?.

Why would sting vs taker fight for?, anyone of them can win or lose that match...its not wm, honestly besides a cheap fan service....right now undertaker should call it a career.

This theory is all dependant on if Sting has signed with the WWE:
But I think the Undertaker will come out on RAW tonight all set up to retire, druids, coffins etc and just as we think he is about to say it the lights go out then Stings music hits. but he doesn't emerge on the ramp. Taker looking around bemused, one of the druids removes the hood to reveal Sting.

Then in the following weeks it will eventually come down to a showdown between the 2 of them. Sting will want a match at Mania, Taker refuses as he has nothing left to fight for. Sting suggests doing a final battle at Survivor series as Taker started there, why not end there.

Then this generates a 7 month buzz leading to Survivor Series, Fans can use WWE Network to find out about sting if they don't already know. This then will bring more prestige back to SS as it has been floundering a bit recently, and correct me if i'm wrong, they are planning to try and get the WWE network out late 2014/early 2015 to places outside of US. if they are expecting to reach that early target this match will likely gain them a lot of subscriptions from the people in the countries the network has only just reached

I think take should have retired after 20 wins. Last year I started a thread that questioned the integrity of the streak, because it started to become too predictable. I stand by it today and I'm glad the streak is finally over. Undertaker looks worn out and finished and I think it's time to call it a career. This is coming from a guy who has been watching taker from his Survivor Series debut til last nite. I've always been a fan, I always will but with that said I know nothing lasts forever.

Also, you could tell by the way they booked taker and lesnars appearances on RAW the last few weeks that Lesnar would win. They booked Lesnar too look weak and vulnerable and that's not his bag....

While most of you were celebrating Daniel Bryan winning, and I was glad he won too (he deserved it on that performance) my mind was elsewhere at the time. Processing the turn of history-the Death of the Streak.

I can't believe it even now. I honestly thought that no-one would ever end the Streak, let alone someone who Taker has had problems with in the past.

But, gee, Taker looks old. He struggled in the match. Another Undertaker Streak was broken as well. The Undertaker Streak of Awesome Wrestlemania Matches ended at 7 (Batista, Edge, HBK (twice), Triple H (twice) and C.M. Punk). Taker looked old and broken down, and Brock dominated.

I think he should retire. However, I predict this- the Undertaker will come to Raw tomorrow night, and make a retirement speech. It will be the last segment of the show. Taker will say that he has achieved everything, and it is time to go.

Taker will start to walk off, when, shockingly, Sting walks out. Sting says that there is one thing that Taker has never done- fought him at Wrestlemania, and challenges him at WM31, where both of them will retire after the match. The Undertaker says "You're on!" and Raw goes off the air with the Taker and Sting having their retirement matches against each other at next year's Wrestlemania.

I think there is a few WM matches left. One against Sting, and then one against John Cena (which should be the retirement match for Taker).

I am shocked at the Streak ending. It was a valuable selling point for WM, and its gone. Lesnar is already a big huge mega star and did not need the win. Lesnar also won't be around the WWE full time; I mean who has benefited from the streak ending this way? And it was so poorly built up that the fans did not care and then when it did happen - the crowd was stunned and it blighted the main event.

My new top 3 worst WM moments -
3, Hogan beating Yoko at WM9
2, Austin turns heel and joins McMahon when the crowd won't stop cheering
1, Lesnar beating Undertaker in a crap match (purely for the way it was built up) that killed the atmosphere for Daniel Bryans big moment and making 8 months of hard work mean almost nothing.

This theory is all dependant on if Sting has signed with the WWE:
But I think the Undertaker will come out on RAW tonight all set up to retire, druids, coffins etc and just as we think he is about to say it the lights go out then Stings music hits. but he doesn't emerge on the ramp. Taker looking around bemused, one of the druids removes the hood to reveal Sting.

Then in the following weeks it will eventually come down to a showdown between the 2 of them. Sting will want a match at Mania, Taker refuses as he has nothing left to fight for. Sting suggests doing a final battle at Survivor series as Taker started there, why not end there.

Then this generates a 7 month buzz leading to Survivor Series, Fans can use WWE Network to find out about sting if they don't already know. This then will bring more prestige back to SS as it has been floundering a bit recently, and correct me if i'm wrong, they are planning to try and get the WWE network out late 2014/early 2015 to places outside of US. if they are expecting to reach that early target this match will likely gain them a lot of subscriptions from the people in the countries the network has only just reached

He more or less confirmed it
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/466...emania-31-match-during-wrestlecon-today-video
My guess is that it will be Sting and Taker's final match, where they both go in the HOF too.

Surely since he was beat tonight and the way the commentators were getting on he's retiring makes no sense brock beating him, and the streak should only be beaten on his last match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back