• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Streak Is Over (Keep it in here!!!!)

When will Taker Retire?

• Taker will retire on Raw

• Taker Will retire within next year

• Taker will retire within the next 5 years

• I have no idea and I cant even process the Streak being over!

Results are only viewable after voting.
They should set it up as undertaker retiring tonight on raw but in a casket sort of way making the undertaker look like hes dead in the casket, then sting should come out and resurrects undetaker to challenge him at WM31 and saying that he came here for one reason and one reason only, to defeat the undertaker

Now that I've had time to process what went on... here's what I think happened with the streak last night. It had nothing to do with Brock Lesnar, it had to do with the timing. I still believe Undertaker vs. Sting will happen next year, and that will be Taker's final match, as well as Sting's. We've known the WWE long enough to know that the streak was always meant to be broken, we were just expecting someone who could actually use it to break it.

The streak was always going to end, and although Lesnar wasn't the best choice, lets think about this, who would you rather have end the streak... Lesnar or Sting? Lesnar isn't looking so bad now, is he?

Heading into WrestleMania 30 there were three men who we wanted to see Taker face, Lesnar, Cena and Sting.

Lesnar - Beat him, beat the streak.

Cena - Without the streak, there's no point in the match happening.

Sting - You can still build the match well without the streak, this is still a dream match without the streak, people have been clambering for this before the streak was ever even THE STREAK.

It's the only match that Taker can do without the streak being involved, which is why it's going to happen and be his last match. Then he'll be done.

I just felt the need to put in my two cents about what is easily the most shocking thing to happen in wrestling. It seems like everybody is so devastated by the whole thing that not many people can look on the bright side of things. And believe me, there are a couple pros to this situation...

Pros:

• Shock value: It was surprising. I'll give it that. I think we all were 100% sure that Brock was not going to win. Granted, it's mostly because he looked so weak in this feud and the fact the storyline never felt like it was heading towards the grand finale of Taker's career, but it brought me back to the days when I first started watching wrestling about 8 years ago when I was 10. When it was unpredictable. For older viewers, I think it calls back the old school days when wrestling was truly unpredictable; when things happened you thought would never happen, like Hogan going heel or Paul Bearer turning on The Undertaker. When even if you thought you knew what was going to happen, there was some sort of surprise near the end that would throw everybody off and this is the granddaddy of all twists. On another side, for the people who claim WWE is too predictable these days, this had to throw them off.

• They could have chosen worse: Sure, you can say Brock didn't deserve it or he shouldn't have won because he's a part time guy, but he's not the absolute worse guy the could have chosen to end The Streak. I'm mostly just glad they didn't get a young guy to do it. Yeah, a young guy would benefit from it and get a career boost, but remember when they had a young guy beat Hulk Hogan for the WWF Title at WrestleMania VI in hopes of not only receiving a career boost but also becoming a bigger star than Hogan; the face of the WWF? We all know where that guy ended up and if you don't, watch The Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior. Riveting documentary. Now, lets look at it in modern terms. Lets say CM Punk actually beat The Streak a year ago. As of now, he's gone AWOL with a possibility he'll never come back to WWE. If he beat The Streak, he could have gone back to ROH cashing in on his biggest WWE success and making that company a little bit bigger because it has the one guy who beat The Streak on its roster. Same goes for any other young guy so it had to be an established guy. As far as established guys go, they could have done worse. Could have done better, but we'll talk about that later. Plus, everybody said they couldn’t believe in a 49 year old man beating a 30 something monster like Brock, but since it was The Streak, they doubted he could lose either. Maybe WWE thought the same thing.

• It officially launches us into a new era: With The Streak broken, I imagine this means Taker is retired. I can't see why he'd come back if the only reason he kept coming back was to defend The Streak. This means the most iconic superstar is gone and now, officially, so is all the other top stars of the last few eras. Top guys of the past are either not as over as they used to be or they're fully retired. Not to mention with The Streak no longer being the main attraction for WrestleMania, WWE has to build up new stars to create new marquee attractions for WrestleMania if The Streak isn't an option, officially ushering a new era of big stars. Two future stars already were in the spotlight last night (Cesaro and Daniel Bryan; the latter of which being established as #2 guy of the company) and I guarantee there are more to come.

Now, for the cons...

• Lesnar is a part time guy: This is my only major complaint from the whole thing. Aside from Cena, there are no full time established guys who would pose a believable threat to the Streak, but Brock only wrestles every 5-6 months. So he’s just going to come in every couple months, brag about beating The Streak, have a big match at a ppv, leave, come back 5-6 months later, brag, challenge someone, lather, rinse, repeat? Even if Cena beat the Streak, at least you knew he would still fight the next night. I don’t even know if Brock will have a match tomorrow. Between anyone else who has contested for the Streak and between any other main event player who’s a full time wrestler, Brock is the last guy I would have given a win over Taker because he’s barely there enough to cash in on that success. He could use this to become the biggest heel the company has ever had, but if he only shows up every couple months, what can he really do? When The Rock, a part time guy, won the WWE Title, many people saw it as a bad move. Now I'm worried this could be looked at in the same light. And let's not forget Brock could leave the company at any moment and still present a massive clusterfuck. He's done it before and considering he's part time, it's more likely to happen again than if he was an established guy.

• WrestleMania has lost some of its prestige: I think that's a bad way of putting it and I'm not sure what is the best way to say this, but I mean is Undertaker losing is bad for WrestleMania. I don't necessarily mean that it's less prestigious without its main attraction (though, to be fair, the one Mania he's missed out on in his last 13 consecutive WrestleMania was WM16 and that's considered one of the worst Mania. Coincidence?) but I'm saying the buyrates for future WrestleMania's might decrease without The Streak not only because some viewers only buy Mania for The Streak matches, but because this has probably lost fans as a result. This isn't just any other decision that caused people to say "I'm done watching wrestling!" and then they tune in the next night on Raw. Some fans grew up with Undertaker. Some fans only watch wrestling now because of Undertaker. Without him, older fans can easily tune out.

Well, those are my thoughts. I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I wrote this at 8:00am. I forget a lot of things at this time. If I am forgetting something, let me know in the comments.
All in all, bad call or not, I think we should remember Undertaker wanted to lose this way. I doubt WWE would make WrestleMania's biggest attraction do anything or lose to anyone he didn't want to so he had to have ok'd this decision. If this really is the end of The Undertaker's career, let's remember he had a hell of a run. Remember the Streak and remember the character as two of the most iconic things to come out of WWE.

One thing it definitely did was it stole the spotlight from Daniel Bryan winning the belt.

The defining moment from WM 30 was Undertaker losing, not DB winning the belt. So, it's almost like Vince said, "I'm gonna get the last laugh." Which is what he did. DB won two matches and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and yet that's not the main story from WM 30.

I know why Vince did it. Undertaker can't wrestle in another match at WM, and Vince figured by doing this, he's going to get thousands of buys of WWE Network as fans that didn't see it, will want to now see the historic moment.

Undertaker Losing at Wrestlemania 30 Was A “Mistake” says WWE Owner Vince McMahon. Brock Lesnar Changed The Script And Will Be FIRED
April 7th, 2014 | by David Martinez
Sports0

NEW ORLEANS -The Undertaker has just lost his 21-year Wrestlemania streak to former UFC fighter Brock Lesnar. It has been revealed that Brock Lesnar was not in fact supposed to win the match and was scripted for the Undertaker to win the match and extend his Wrestlemania streak to 22 wins.

I’m pretty sure most people know that WWE is actually staged and simply for entertainment. All matches are scripted and practiced weeks prior to the actual match, and the winner is, of course, picked before the match is aired, by WWE officials. However, this match was not meant for Brock Lesnar to win.

Similar to the Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart match back in 1997 Survivor Series pay-per-view known as the “Montreal screwjob”. Shawn Michaels had Bret Hart in a sharpshooter move when Vince McMahon told the officials to ring the bell, causing Michaels to win the match and ultimately screwing Hart over. All hell broke loose between Bret Hart and WWE owner Vince McMahon, which led to Hart leaving WWE for good.

Owner of WWE, Vince McMahon, was privately interviewed by reporters right after Lesnar beat Undertaker and said Undertaker was supposed to win the match and how Lesnar will be fired for changing the script. Visit Huzlers.com for more shocking news

From reports on certain wrestling sites and twitter.com the 'Streak' was not suppose to end last night.From what I've heard he was scheduled to face Sting at Wrestlemania 31 and John Cena (who would end it) at Wrestlemania 32.Apparently either Brock changed the script or he legitmidelly F-5'd The Undertaker for the win.It is no secret that Brock and Mark had beef back in 2010.Could this play a part in it.I think Brock did legitimidelly F5 Taker because in case you haven't heard Taker is in the hospital suffering from a major concussion.So even if he won his career probablly would have been over last night.There are other reports claiming Taker felt he couldn't go anymore and made the call to Brock to end it.Vince McMahon was apparently upset last night after this happened and claimed he would fire Brock tonight....

Your thoughts?

From reports on certain wrestling sites and twitter.com the 'Streak' was not suppose to end last night.From what I've heard he was scheduled to face Sting at Wrestlemania 31 and John Cena (who would end it) at Wrestlemania 32.Apparently either Brock changed the script or he legitmidelly F-5'd The Undertaker for the win.It is no secret that Brock and Mark had beef back in 2010.Could this play a part in it.I think Brock did legitimidelly F5 Taker because in case you haven't heard Taker is in the hospital suffering from a major concussion.So even if he won his career probablly would have been over last night.There are other reports claiming Taker felt he couldn't go anymore and made the call to Brock to end it.Vince McMahon was apparently upset last night after this happened and claimed he would fire Brock tonight....

Your thoughts?

If this is true, which the more I think about, seems to make sense, then WWE has a major mess on its hands. If you fire Lesnar, what good does that do? If Lesnar did this on purpose, I have to say, he's a major badass. He put himself in the best position. If WWE fires him, what good does that do? How do they explain it in kayfabe? What that after ending the streak, there's nothing further for him to do so he decided to retire? No way. Then it looks like the streak was wasted. If you try to bury Lesnar or make him job to Khali, and other losers, then that taints the streak.

Maybe give him a match with DB and sell it to Lesnar that you're going to have him win the belt and then have a "screwjob" type of situation?

I dunno, but wow, if this is true, this is a big, big mess.

So then why did they have the "21-1" graphic queued up and immediately on display after it was over?

That's a great point, although something like that literally takes seconds to type into a computer to generate on the screen. But could they have scrambled quick enough to do that? Hmmmmmm.

One thing that makes me believe the story MIGHT be true is that they didn't have a casket, and druids and such to get Undertaker out of the ring. IF they planned on the streak ending, don't you think that they would have had him lay in the center of the ring and have the lights go out with druids bringing a coffin to the ring, putting him in the coffin and taking it away? I know that they're on a tight schedule time wise but it just seems like if the streak was supposed to end, they'd sell it like that (granted if they knew he had a concussion, it's possible that Vince said to just get him out of the ring as quickly as possible).

DEFINITELY NOT TRUE... or at least I hope to God it isn't. That would be the most disrespectful, arrogant thing you could do in the wrestling business but I seriously doubt Lesnar would have that much balls. Plus these guys have a TON of respect for one another in case you couldn't tell last night.

Plus it is very difficult to look at this as a screwjob since the ref ultimately knows the ending of the match beforehand AND Taker DID kick out after the 3 so it was not like he was knocked out cold... He may have had a concussion but MANY wrestlers have fought on with concussions... It would not have stopped the Undertaker. Plus did you really expect the Undertaker to kick out after that third F-5... I think everybody knew deep down that Taker wasn't going to kick out of it.

And lastly, I think Taker knew this was probably his last chance to give the Streak away to somebody who can actually do something with it. Over the years he has wanted to give it to Angle, Orton, and Edge? I believe so I can easily see Taker giving this one to Brock

Google search the website at the end of the report and this is the second hit.
A site with no credibility, often producing false rumors or the lamest news. Huzler links are often seen on facebook shared by your slowest and dimmest person on your friend's list. Sort of like The Onion news' little brother with down syndrome that lives under a bridge eating cardboard paper living on likes and share of social network sites.

Yes it was a shitty match, yes it was a shitty build, and there are ten guys that would have made better choices than Lesnar, but it was the scripted finish. Taker looked like a spray tan banana out there, and moved like one too. Even when Taker was on offense he did more damage to himself than he did to Brock. The man recently turned 49. He has literally been wrestling longer than I've been alive, and it is clear he doesn't have it anymore. I've said it before, the fan in me is sad, but it had to happen. Now Taker can become Mark Calaway and he can finally retire.

This is bullshit.

The 21-1 logo flashed up almost straight away. Taker didn't look the slightest bit angry and Lesnar's music was played. Cole (who would have Vince in his ear) congratulated Lesnar.....

Also Lesnar is making a ton of money from WWE he's not an idiot why would he do something to get fired?

Watch the match again right before Lesnar put Taker away you could hear Taker talking to him.

Look at the way Lesnar and Taker look at each other before the match. The look in Lesnar's eyes you can tell he's asking Taker 'are you sure about this?' and taker just looks back as if to say 'lets do this'.

Finally the respect Lesnar and Taker showed each other. Lesnar slowed his usual style down and protected Taker a lot you could see that. He gave Taker a wink as he left the ring. Taker allowed Lesnar his celebration moment before getting up for his own moment.

There is no way this was a screw job.

This is bullshit.

The 21-1 logo flashed up almost straight away. Taker didn't look the slightest bit angry and Lesnar's music was played. Cole (who would have Vince in his ear) congratulated Lesnar.....

Also Lesnar is making a ton of money from WWE he's not an idiot why would he do something to get fired?

Watch the match again right before Lesnar put Taker away you could hear Taker talking to him.

Look at the way Lesnar and Taker look at each other before the match. The look in Lesnar's eyes you can tell he's asking Taker 'are you sure about this?' and taker just looks back as if to say 'lets do this'.

Finally the respect Lesnar and Taker showed each other. Lesnar slowed his usual style down and protected Taker a lot you could see that. He gave Taker a wink as he left the ring. Taker allowed Lesnar his celebration moment before getting up for his own moment.

There is no way this was a screw job.

This makes a lot of sense. Even though I do wish not only the match was better, but the feud. I'm glad Taker did it with someone he respected. I just hope Taker would be healthy to return to RAW and tell his side of the story.

I read the same report, dunno if there's any truth to it. As is seems like there's a disconnect between how Undertaker wanted his career to end (Brock breaks the streak)

vs what the WWE wants (Cena breaking streak?)

and if that's the case, is it far fetched to think that Taker wanted to go out on his terms?

As much as a cena-taker WM match has been rumored and speculated on the board, I really question how much the Undertaker or Cena actually wanted it

R.I.P The Streak :undertaker2:

I really hope The Undertaker gets well. He suffered a concussion and there were also talks about pain in his hips. Concussions can be really dangerous and take years off careers. Not that Undertaker would have continued to compete as a full-timer or had more than 3 years left, but hopefully he doesn't die due to brain damage. I don't want his legacy to end in that brutal statement. This may not have been scripted in my belief, I think Undertaker was missing a few spots throughout the match, and you could tell with Lesnar's hesitance that he didn't want this to be more physical. Taker is what, 48? Can't really go on a match with Lesnar and expect to leave without bumps and bruises. At that age, its a miracle he competed.

I didn't know what to think. The streak breaking was unthinkable. Should the Undertaker retire on RAW? Yeah, if he can make it to RAW tonight then sure. Either that, or I like the idea of him retiring at Survivor Series against Sting.

I strongly object this booking. Yeah, I understand that Undertaker can't compete at the same level he used to. This is first match since seven/eight wrestlemanias that haven't been 5 star matches. Its sad to go out like that, and even sadder that the streak broke to a PART-TIMER. Biggest insult to Undertaker fans in my opinion. Unless Lesnar becomes a full-time competitor on the roster, then this victory against Undertaker was just a waste. I don't think this will happen until Lesnar wins the gold.

No disrespect to Daniel Bryan, but the crowd wasn't able to react the way you would have imagined. I think a whole lot of people were bummed out due to Undertaker's streak ending. Some people even left the arena after the Undertaker match.

I just wish it could have been 22-0. Now, I'm just disappointed that the number one thing I always looked forward to watch is broken. 21-1. Things will never, ever be the same again. Wrestlemania will never be the same again. :banghead::disappointed:

I won't lie. At first when it took them ages to play Lesnars music and put the 21-1 up, the silence and the way Lesnar smirked did make me think; "This wasn't supposed to happen."

But you look back and I said it before this match started; The PPV was far too full of good guys. A heel, somewhere, HAD to win.

The Uso's (Face) def 3 heel teams, and Cesaro turned face.
Daniel Bryan (Face) def HHH
The Shield (Face) def Kane and the NAO
Cesaro (Now face), won the battle royale
Cena (Face) def. Bray Wyatt

Up to that point, it was a very face centered PPV, and it felt odd that only faces would win every match. The Diva's match wouldn't make enough impact, so it had to be Taker/Lesnar or the triple threat. Bryan was ALWAYS going to win the triple threat, so...yeah.

It's a shame, and I think Taker needs to retire now. Lesnar needs to go unbeaten and hold onto the title, and needs to hold on for a while.

This made the most sense and fact that Taker wrestled most of the match injured shows what a pro he is and what a pro Brock actually is for protecting him the rest of the way.

This ending sets up 2 future story lines

1. - Brock --- He can come out tonight and brag he's the greatest blah, blah, blah and then "can you smell what the Rock is cooking" out comes Rock and challenges Brock to a match at Mania 31 ........ The Beast Vs The Peoples Champ

2. Undertaker --- He can just disappear and they can have a year of Sting trying to get him to come out of hiding to face him at Mania.. Sting can attack Kane, stalk Taker etc. until Taker agrees to one last match no streak just WWE Icon Vs WcW Icon Icon in both their last matches.

That will set up the 2 main events

Brock vs Rock
Taker Vs Sting -- Last Ride match

I still cannot believe the streak is over. I quarantined myself from dirt sheets about four hours before the show. Even when Brock hit the third f-5 I was just waiting for Taker's comeback. Then, when the ref's hand hit for the third time, I along with the people I watched it with were stunned.

Taker has had a legendary career, but he looked every bit of 49 years old during the build-up with Brock. The match never really picked up steam.

The most telling part? When Taker fell after hitting snake eyes and the big boot. That never happens. He always follows the boot with an immediate leg drop and this time he had to pick himself up to do it. From there, I knew something was wrong.

Most shocked I have ever been by a match outcome ever. Kudos to WWE for a fantastic show last night. As for what this does to Taker's legacy? Let him say farewell first.

I like what streich is cooking too. Think back to last night's commentary, because sometimes the script the announcers follow tells a lot. All they focused on is how ending the streak would be the most important thing ever in Lesnar's career. Obviously there is room for disagreement given his time both in wrestling and MMA. The point is the announcers are making it seem like being the streak ender is more important than being the champ. That's perfect for a part timer and falls right in line for him to be able to put a future match on the calendar against someone like the Rock. I don't see Lesnar anywhere near the title picture any time soon, especially if he is going to be around less than 10 times per year.

The greatest single accomplishment/streak came to an end last night. Given what the undertaker said the Raw before Mania,now it makes sense.. "Its Inevitable,the streak is going to end" Quote un Quote".. I am wondering if he was tipping his hand at was going to happen at WM.. Undertaker last night,looked old,just very brittle like.. He has a warriors heart and soul.

As far as whats next,to be honest i dont know.. Retirement is an obvious one,and who knows he may have secretly have had discussions with Vince and Trips about this. I am going out on a limb here,and say Taker retires in the immediate future,a re-match with Brock doesn't make sense at all..

I am wondering how far in advance this was planned out?? The streak was going to end at WM21,but Orton nixed the idea.. Was Brock forced to go over,obviously this was probably undertaker's idea,but why of all people was brock the one? That is the part I am confused about.. I am not saying Brock is worthy,but if it was going to end why not end at WM29 against Punk or something.. I am truly stunned here TBH,as I am still trying to wrap my head around what happened last night.. OF all people why against Brock?? And didn't Brock try at least to nix the idea of him going over? Was he forced to agree to this

Last night was the right call to make for Taker and for the business. I've said it for years that the Streak has to end for two reasons.

1) Everything in wrestling should end. The only reason anyone should have an unbeaten streak is so it can be beaten

&

2) If he just retired than every year for the next few years would be dominated with whether or not the Undertaker comes back at Wrestlemania. Every year he didn't it would overshadow the event and cause disappointment.

I figured Undertaker, being a proper pro-wrestler, would want it to end too. I am surprised that it ended last night though as it means we never get that John Cena vs Undertaker match at Wrestlemania. I fully believed Cena would fight and beat Undertaker next year but now, in a one day hindsight mode, I think they've chosen the right man to end the Streak in Brock Lesnar. Here's why:

If The Undertaker is to retire I don't think it will happen this year but next. I said the Streak was made to be broken but that doesn't mean that that has to be the end of the Undertaker. People always said he should be honoured by the WWE by keeping the Streak intact but I think the company told Chapter One of a two chapter retirement story for Taker last night. Chapter Two will come next year when he beats Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31, wins and retires with the WWE Title.

Think about it for a second, what's a better retirement storyline? Undertaker going 22-0 or 23-0 at Wrestlemania and walking out the next night on Raw to say that that's it and he's done. Or Undertaker being defeated by the Beast Brocvk Lesnar, Lesnar than going on a rampage throughout 2014, culminating in him winning the title at some point, only for the Undertaker to return to gain his revenge at Wrestlemania 31? Add in that the Undertaker will be allowed do the one thing no-one else has ever been honoured with, retiring as WWE Champion, and I think you have the perfect send off for the man and the legend.

Hell if you want to play fantasy booking you could have Lesnar beat John Cena at Summerslam (to get his win back and make him seem like the dominant force of the WWE) and then have Lesnar defeat Daniel Bryan at Royal Rumble 2015 in the ultimate David v Goliath match. Lesnar celebrates on that night but it's short lived as the Undertaker returns as Number 30 in the Rumble, wins the match and they set off on Taker, & possibly Brock's, last ever Road To Wrestlemania. It would be a perfect send off.

The greatest single accomplishment/streak came to an end last night. Given what the undertaker said the Raw before Mania,now it makes sense.. "Its Inevitable,the streak is going to end" Quote un Quote".. I am wondering if he was tipping his hand at was going to happen at WM.. Undertaker last night,looked old,just very brittle like.. He has a warriors heart and soul.

As far as whats next,to be honest i dont know.. Retirement is an obvious one,and who knows he may have secretly have had discussions with Vince and Trips about this. I am going out on a limb here,and say Taker retires in the immediate future,a re-match with Brock doesn't make sense at all..

I am wondering how far in advance this was planned out?? The streak was going to end at WM21,but Orton nixed the idea.. Was Brock forced to go over,obviously this was probably undertaker's idea,but why of all people was brock the one? That is the part I am confused about.. I am not saying Brock is worthy,but if it was going to end why not end at WM29 against Punk or something.. I am truly stunned here TBH,as I am still trying to wrap my head around what happened last night.. OF all people why against Brock?? And didn't Brock try at least to nix the idea of him going over? Was he forced to agree to this

Agreed. I guess we won't know until after RAW tonight but it really makes no sense to have a part-time guy who only wrestles PPVs, end the streak. That would be like if The Rock came back and beat the streak and just left after that.

Unless Lesnar is going to be involved in a championship program or a major feud, then having him end the streak was kinda pointless. They just say well he beat the streak, he's the best, see ya at Summer Slam. IF they're going to set the stage for Rock vs. Brock Lesnar, fine, then it makes sense to add to the hype for that match.

However, if Lesnar isn't involved in the main event or the title scene now and isn't wrestling on at least a somewhat regular basis, then it makes zero sense (at least at this point).

Finally it happened. I'm so glad the streak is over. Don't get me wrong every year for every Undertaker match, I get excited. But cmon the dude is getting older and older and more banged up. Leave him be.

I loved the shock that the finish gave. I didn't really react, I just kept starring at the screen for a while cause I was sure Undertaker was gonna kick out and then the 3-count.

I really think if there ever was a threat to the streak, this was it.Lesnar is a fkn beast and against a 48-49 banged-up-close-to-being-done Taker it's almost getting ridiculous. So I'm glad it finally ended, because that means that there will be a lot more time on the next WM for something else to happen. This just means a brighter future for everyone. Lesnar will probably boast about this and its better to have a heel beat him like this, cause if a face beats him, he will probably get a bit of the Bootista treatment. Plus I think a face beating the guy who beat the streak and is all cocky about it is gonna mean more than a 30 year old face who beat a basically injured 49 year old.

Really looking forward to the future now, and I hope Michelle is ready for the pounding of her life-time now that Taker has no reason to wrestle anymore.

According to the latest reports, at least according to Dave Meltzer, The Undertaker himself is the one who decided to end the streak. Allegedly back in 2010, according to the report, Taker wanted Lesnar to be the one who ended the streak. It's also being reported that he was taken to the hospital last night for a concussion and possible neck injury, while some writers who were there in person note that Taker was moving about gingerly and was favoring one of his hips. The report further says that even though Taker looks to have suffered injury during the match, some reports have said that he was going into the match hurt, it didn't affect how the match ended and Taker himself made the decision to end it. The ending was kept from virtually everyone in the company and the impression given backstage is that Taker's done.

It's hard to say what's true and what's legit. For example, Meltzer also reported earlier this year that Taker had asked to work with Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania, now it's being said that Taker wanted Lesnar to be the one who ended the streak. Taker looked pretty rough last night, he was moving a lot slower than usual and he just wasn't in great shape. I'm a lot more at ease with it since it was Taker's call. I think what sticks in a lot of people's craw, however, is that Lesnar seems like someone who won't appreciate what this means. Lesnar's there for a big paycheck and not much of anything else, so there's definitely something of a bitter feeling going on. Taker's workrate has always been important to him and numerous reports have stated over the years that if he felt he couldn't get it up to where it needed to be, then he'd step away. Physically last night, he just couldn't get it up, he tried his best considering everything that's being reported. As I've said in other posts, last night was the first time that Taker seemed like an old man to me. IF he was hurting from old injuries or what have you from before the match began, and this is just a guess on my part, I think he felt an obligation to just go out there and do his best. There's so much speculation right now that it's impossible to tell what's what.

I wanted to start a thread but with all the posts made about it i figured i would just ask in here. I have been alive for the other 2 or 3 life touching real OMG moments the only 2 pure wrestling events that had that now have been made then 1 or 2 events that have happened involving wrestlers. So i ask which we never thought possible again was taker loosing more shocking than Hogan at bash at the beach

I don't think there has ever been a time when I was so wrong about something.

For the past few years, anytime people got into a discussion about whether the streak would end or not, I was totally dismissive and told people they were wasting their time.

Egg. On. My. Face.

Taker losing last night was the most shocking thing in I have ever seen in Wrestling, it takes over the #1 spot from Hogan turning Heel.

I'm a Lesnar-guy, so its a combination of shock that it happened, and excitement that they gave such a big accomplishment to Brock, which means that they are probably looking to have him around for long time.

This was a "passing of the torch". Lesnar will be the guy who wrestles a big match at WM every year, regardless of how much he was actually around the previous year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back