• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Summerslam 2013 & Aftermath Discussion (Keep it in here!!!!)

Who's #1?

• Cena VS. Bryan

• Punk VS. Lesnar

• Too Close To Call

Results are only viewable after voting.
The following are now a lock in my opinion after last nights Raw...

Cena vs Bryan (WWE Title)
Punk vs Lesnar
Ziggler vs Langston
Sandow vs Rhodes
Ambrose vs Christian (IC Title)

Interesting to see how Mark Henry/Shield and Kane/Truth/Wyatts end up. Surely there wont be two 3 on 3 matches?

Ryback and Vickie will possibly team up. Ryback off the back of a win against Jericho so he will be on the card in some capacity. Orton has the briefcase, if he isnt on the card then he could be about to cash in. Then there is Del Rio. A few people saying RVD....but think Rey Mysterio is due back anytime now so he could be thrown into the picture.

Looking like a good card so far...

Anybody think we could see Ryback vs Triple H at Summerslam???

I think there is a big chance. Trips got rid of Vickie (along with Steph). Vickie cosied up to Ryback recently. The story is writing itself.

So we move on to Summerslam and potentially have a blockbuster stacked card that to me is a better line-up than Wrestlemania 29.

John Cena vs Daniel Bryan
Wyatt Family vs Brothers of Destruction
CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
The Shield vs Mark Henry & The Uso's
Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler vs Big E Langston
Real Americans vs PTP vs Tons of Funk for #1 Contender for Tag Titles

I think that is a pretty realistic card for SS, With still a heap of talent to use; Randy Orton, RVD, Y2J, Ryback, Christian, Sheamus, Big Show, Wade Barrett, Fandango, The Miz, Curtis Axel. And a WHC title match.

So I think this could be one of the best PPV's in recent memory but it's always easy to say that before the PPV because the crowd could be dead (as they often are at SS) which just completely ruins the whole PPV and the Matches may not live up to their potential or they may have a poor build.

So my question is can SS be the best PPV of 2013?
Well I think that card is really strong EVEN without a WHC title match and big names like Orton,Y2J,RVD etc.
So to avoid missing those more well known names...

I would probably opt for a battle royal for the IC title- Barrett vs Fandango vs The Miz vs RVD vs Y2J vs Axel. That would be really fun as all 6 are fueding with one another right now.

I would leave Orton off the Card and have him cash in on Bryan after Bryan wins CLEAN.

And as for the WHC Title you could do anything with that. You could even have a triple threat- Ziggler vs Langston vs ADR and have Ziggler overcome the odds to win the hearts of the WWE fans.

So do you think this a good card?
What do you think the actual card will be?
Do you think Summerslam will be the best PPV of the year?

Cena vs Bryan
Punk vs Lesnar
Ziggler vs Big E
Rhodes vs Sandow

I think the above 4 will definitely happen.

That still leaves a lot of guys not on the card and potentially only 4 match spots.

I'm thinking The Shield vs The Usos and Mark Henry is possible and Bray Wyatt vs Kane, but what about Randy Orton and Del Rio? I think RVD would be a solid choice for Del Rio but I am stumped on who Randy could wrestle.

Quick predictions for the card.

WWE Championship - John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam

Damien Sandow vs. Cody Rhodes

Dolph Ziggler vs. Big E. Langston

Mark Henry vs. Dean Ambrose

The Wyatt Family vs. Kane, R-Truth & Christian

Ryback vs. Sheamus

IC Championship - Curtis Axel vs. Chris Jericho

I'd just leave Orton off the card. Add to the mystery of whether Orton will show up and cash-in on Cena/Bryan or not.

It is obvious Ziggler will face Big E. Langston at SummerSlam with AJ in Big E.'s corner especially after what happened on RAW, Ziggler will have a match at SummerSlam he just has to be on the card and I bet Big E. will be too especially with AJ

But the thing is though with A.J., she doesn't have a match at SummerSlam especially since she is the WWE Divas Champion you would think that she would have a match at SummerSlam and honestly who really wants to see A.J. vs. Kaitlyn yet again for the umpteenth time for the WWE Divas Championship? I know I don't, so here is hoping A.J. finally ends up having a new #1 Contender for her title at SummerSlam

It is obvious it is going to be Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk at SummerSlam and in my opinion honestly this should be the SummerSlam main event that closes out the pay per view the match that should go on last because this is a dream match but at the same time they should add a stipulation to this match to up the ante

But as for the World Heavyweight Championship then that leaves Del Rio without an opponent for SummerSlam, so I wonder who he will end up facing since Ziggler I am sure will have his hands full with Big E.

My prediction for the card is:

1. John Cena vs Daniel Bryan - WWE Championship

2. CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar - Last Man Standing match

3. Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler vs Big E Langston - World Heavyweight Championship

4. Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes - Money in the Bank briefcase on the line

5. The Shield vs Mark Henry and The Usos - All Titles on the line (been a while since we've seen one of those!)

6. Big Show vs Ryback

7. Sheamus vs Fandango

8. AJ vs Kaitlyn - Divas Championship

A lot of talent up in the air: Chris Jericho, Curtis Axel, Christian, Rob Van Dam. Maybe a segment with Kane and Bray Wyatt. Only time will tell!

My SS card

1.Johb cena vs bryan wwe title
2.mark henry and christian and sheamus vs shield
3.orton vs big show
4.punk vs lesnar
5.adr vs rvd vs ryback vs mysterioworld title
6.axel vs rvd ic title
7.sandow vs rhodes for the briefcase
8.kaitlyn and ziggler vs big e and aj
9.barret vs cesaro

WWE Title - John Cena vs Daniel Bryan
Already been announced.

Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk
Could be match of the night, it could be a steel cage match so Punk doesn't have to pin Lesnar or make him submit.

World Title - ADR vs Dolph Ziggler vs Big E Langston
It's hard to see anyone else ADR can defend the title against. Ideally Big E and Dolph could have their own match but a way to do it is having Dolph steal the pin from Big E, this develops Dolph's sort of sneaky face character, then have Dolph vs Big E for the title.

Gauntlet Match - Wyatt Family vs Kane/Wyatt Family vs Kane and Big Show
Would love this match to be a gauntlet match, so Kane has to go through the other two members to get to Bray. The only problem with this match is the fact that the other two have to get pinned on their PPV debut, but it's mostly about Bray Wyatt anyway who will beat Kane.
Or with Show coming back we could see the old team of Kane and Show coming together to go against the Wyatt Family in a handicap match.

MITB Briefcase - Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes
The match is already in the making. Should be a great match, not 100% sure Sandow wins.

US/Tag Title - The Shield vs Henry and The Usos
The storylines have already intertwined so it makes sense.

Divas Title - AJ vs Natalya vs Kaitlyn vs Layla
I don't see AJ vs Kaitlyn again, so it makes sense for this match because you can build two different feuds with AJ vs Natalya and Kaitlyn vs Layla.

Then there's room for another 2 or 3 matches with the remaining superstars:
Christian/Fandango/RVD/Ryback/Sheamus/Axel/The Real Americans/Barrett/Fandango/Miz/Orton
Although Orton might cash in at Summerslam, he still needs a match so it doesn't look obvious.

I see in the post above that the idea of a triple threat between Del Rio, Ziggler and Big E for the WHC has already been suggested.

I saw the vid of Isenberg ranting about not doing Ziggler vs Big E and doing the triple threat match instead because apparently whichever guy lost their career would die or some such nonsense, however the triple threat idea is a decent one mainly in that it extends the feud and brings all the pieces of the post Mania WHC scene into one match.....It's certainly preferable to the Dolph & Kaitlyn vs Big E & AJ idea I've seen floating about.

One other WHC match possibility is Orton vs Del Rio after Orton beat him clean on SD. I mean it's very possible that it was simply a case of WWE using a champion as a jobber for a bigger star they are pushing, but I certainly wouldn't mind it being used as a catalyst to do Orton vs Del Rio for the WHC as I thoroughly enjoyed their SD match.

I'm also thinking RVD vs Axel for the IC title as was my original idea before I switched to Axel vs Y2J which ended this past Friday. They can gel that into the bigger Heyman guys feud.

All this focus has been on Cena and Bryan, Punk and Lesnar, even Sandow and Rhodes. Since Ziggler is going to face Big E Langaton at SS Alberto Del Rio has no #1 contender to face. I was wondering who are your picks to face Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam? My picks are:

Rob Van Dam- There have been no reports on what he is doing at SummerSlam and I wouldn't mind seeing him go after the World Title

Christian- He could possibly face Dean Ambrose for the U.S. title but it looks like that has been put on the hault. I wouldn't mind him getting one more match at the World Title.

Big Show- He is returning tonight for Monday Night Raw and i don't know if he'll be face or heel. They could revist the feuld that happened before Wrestlemania.

Sheamus- I don't want this to happen but he just like Miz is floating around. It doesn't look like he has anything to do headed into Summerslam and this may be it.

It's either got to be Rob Van Dam or Christian. RVD/ADR has obviously never happened and Christian hasn't been involved in the World title scene for a while.

Big Show/ADR never really took off for me, and ADR/Sheamus was boring and failed to set the world on fire.

Personally, I don't get Del Rio. His character doesn't entice me, so it's a throwaway match in my opinion, but for the sake of other fans I think they should at least do something they haven't done before/in recent memory. I see Del Rio keeping the title anyway as christian was never viewed as ME material and RVD is a part timer.

Smart booking would dictate the match be ADR vs. RVD. RVD is only around for a matter of months, they should be utilising him as much as possible. I think he's one of the few people not named Dolph Ziggler that would be able to get a good match out of ADR, who I always find really boring.

With that said, I feel like the World title is below RVD, considering he was one of the favourites in the All-Stars Money in the Bank match. I'd much rather see him competing for the WWE title, whether it's against Cena, Bryan or Orton.

Christian could also get a decent match out of ADR. He was set to go after Ambrose's U.S. title, but it looks like he's been replaced by Mark Henry, which is a shame. Christian would be a decent temporary number one contender until Ziggler beats Big E and is ready to return to the title picture or until Sandow inserts himself into the main event with the briefcase.

But my money is on the Big Show. He's returning this week, he can dip in and out of the title picture as he pleases and he's always pretty over. The matches would suck, but it's only temporary until Ziggler and/or Sandow go after the title.

Please not Sheamus. Please.

There aren't many other choices. Though it would be fun to see Ambrose have a shot at the World Title match while still U.S. champion, just as a throw away title match, the Shield is doing stuff with the Uso's and Henry. Bray Wyatt and Kane are feuding. Cody Rhodes is tied up with Sandow. Wade Barrett has absolutely no momentum. No one else in the Smackdown Money in the Bank deserves to be anywhere near the World Title picture. The Miz could be a filler number 1 contender at a push. But yeah, there's really no options other than Show, RVD or Christian.

I think Alberto Del Rio has been somehow entertaining for some weeks now - and I'll give that to R. Rodriguez suspension. He's so much better without his goofy ring announcer - that way I can take Del Rio as a villain seriously. Don't give me wrong, I know people love Rodriguez and think he's entertaining and I'm one of those but somehow I think that Rodriguez character has pulled Del Rio from being a great character. Nowadays let's be honest, Alberto Del Rio does not have a personality, doesn't have that characteristic that defines him and makes him stand out - he was rich, a Mexican Aristocrat that was sold on the idea that his destiny was to be the World Heavyweight Champions - he fullfiled that, and now, he does not have any goal and he's just there, saying how he hates americans and, getting lost in the shuffle more times than I can count (yes, I can't count really well xD)

However, this SummerSlam is an opportunity to make his title reign relevant and to make Del Rio a guy that can make people tune into Friday Night SmackDown. I fully expect to see Alberto winning at SummerSlam, whomever his opponent is - but his opponent will be the one that will have Del Rio's faith in his hands. If by any reason WWE goes with the three choices - Big Show, Sheamus or Randy Orton - I will say that Del Rio will fail to steal the show. Not that he can't have a great match with either one of this three man, because he can, but because I've seen it in a very short time period.

But if WWE goes with Rob Van Dam - I think that Del Rio's character will have a lot to gain from that. Hell, I could even watch a three-way with one of those three formerly mentioned - but Rob Van Dam freshness and push, will give his opponent a fresher look and nobody in the WWE needs that more than our own World Heavyweight Champion.

So, if that feud happens, I need to have a proper build. I don't want pinnatas, I don't want to see RVD turning into an All American - that too much the same thing - I want to see character development, I want to see RVD return being hyped and how he in weeks won a #1 contender opportunity, I want Del Rio to be pissed at it and to show a lot more anger, blame the people for that, show his opportunistic trait and, how scared he is of losing his championship. RVD doesn't need to speak a lot, which is great and Del Rio could carry this feud, and with that having more light on him. It all depends on how the WWE feels about their mexican draw - I for once, am with this feeling that it will be - Make it or Break It - type of match.

I'd like it to be Randy Orton. Orton is a big name and him holding the title could help rejuvenate it.

Yes, Orton already has the WWE Title briefcase, but Del Rio came out on the stage when Cena was picking out the #1 contender.

I'd love it if Orton won the World Title, and then cashed in his briefcase on the WWE Champion to unify the belts.

My idea is this. Have Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow face off for the WHC MITB brieface later on in the night. Have them open Summerslam with the WHC match. It could be ADR vs whoever they officially decide to have him face. Let the match be a brutal one but still have ADR pick up the win. After the match, Sandow cashes in and becomes the new WHC. Cody gets pissed and demands that Damien make their match for the title since the briefcase has been cashed in. Cody wins and becomes the new World Heavyweight Champion!!!!

Summerslam is right around the corner, and Del Rio still doesn't have a legitimate opponent. I don't know why WWE is doing this, but maybe they have a reason for it. Anyways, I came up with a fairly casual way to get him in a match at Summerslam with a feud that could be built in less than a week. Here's how it goes:

Del Rio comes out on either the opening segment for SmackDown or the middle segment of RAW. He says that Christian's victory over him was a fluke, and demands a rematch. Christian comes out and says that he'll give him his rematch, but it will be at Summerslam for the WHC. Alberto reluctantly agrees, and says that he will find an opponent for him so that he could prepare for Summerslam. Later on, Christian fights either Titus, Young, or Barrett with ADR on commentary. The match goes on for a good bit until Christian hits the Killswitch and picks up the win. Del Rio than immediately attacks him, only to have RVD come to the rescue. Del Rio leaves the ring before Van Dam can get to him, and RVD says that he wants a rematch with ADR too. Alberto then grabs a mic and says that he doesn't deserve a title match. Stephanie McMahon comes out and says that RVD has been picking up a lot of wins recently, as well as Christian. She then says that they both deserve a chance at the belt, and books Alberto Del Rio vs Christian vs RVD at Summerslam.

Now that the actual build-up has been fulfilled, let's get into the match. There are actually four or five ways you could end the match. 1) RVD wins with the Frog Splash. 2) ADR puts RVD in the Armbreaker, while Christian covers up Del Rio for the pinfall victory, similar to Axel's IC win at payback (RVD can be switched with Christian as well) 3) ADR puts one of the two into an armbreaker after a distraction from the returning Ricardo 4) Damien Sandow cashes in MITB after the match and wins.

So yeah, hopefully Del Rio gets put in a Triple threat match, I'm not really bothered about who the opponents are (as long as they aren't JTG and Yoshi Tatsu). But I hope that my idea ends up being the direction they go with ADR.

If you have an even BETTER idea, feel free to post it. Hopefully this isn't too crazy, I tried making it as believable as possible =p

WWE Title Match - Cena vs Bryan
The Best vs The Beast - Punk vs Lesnar
WHC Match - Del Rio vs Christian

These 3 are set and I think Cody vs Sandow is a near cert. I'd also say Dolph vs Big E is likely to happen and given what Dolph said on Backstage Fallout I think AJ may be suspended above the ring in a cage to prevent her interfering.

That really only leaves 3 spots at the most on the card and one of them seems like it will be a match for The Shield, who Henry teams with will seemingly depend on whether Show is fit in time.

I also imagine that Kane vs Bray Wyatt is going to happen as well.

The last match I am thinking may happen, and yes it's an odd one, is a Divas tag. Given the push for Total Divas and the way Layla turned on Kaitlyn last night I am thinking they may do something like AJ, Layla & The Bellas vs Kaityln, Natalya & The Funkadactyls.

The thing is this leaves Orton, RVD, Ryback and Curtis Axel with no match on the card, but I just can't see a natural fit for them right now.

WWE Title Match - Cena vs Bryan
The Best vs The Beast - Punk vs Lesnar
WHC Match - Del Rio vs Christian

These 3 are set and I think Cody vs Sandow is a near cert. I'd also say Dolph vs Big E is likely to happen and given what Dolph said on Backstage Fallout I think AJ may be suspended above the ring in a cage to prevent her interfering.

That really only leaves 3 spots at the most on the card and one of them seems like it will be a match for The Shield, who Henry teams with will seemingly depend on whether Show is fit in time.

I also imagine that Kane vs Bray Wyatt is going to happen as well.

The last match I am thinking may happen, and yes it's an odd one, is a Divas tag. Given the push for Total Divas and the way Layla turned on Kaitlyn last night I am thinking they may do something like AJ, Layla & The Bellas vs Kaityln, Natalya & The Funkadactyls.

The thing is this leaves Orton, RVD, Ryback and Curtis Axel with no match on the card, but I just can't see a natural fit for them right now.

I think they may leave Orton of the card so people "forget" about him. RVD could be added to WHC match because I'm not convinced that Del Rio/Christian is a world title match. Axel may be involved in Lesnar/Punk and Ryback may face Kofi or someone else. There are good options for all of them including Fandango and Wade Barrett.

I think they may leave Orton of the card so people "forget" about him. RVD could be added to WHC match because I'm not convinced that Del Rio/Christian is a world title match. Axel may be involved in Lesnar/Punk and Ryback may face Kofi or someone else. There are good options for all of them including Fandango and Wade Barrett.

I agree that they'll most likely keep Orton off the show and I guess they could do something on this weeks Raw that sets up RVD vs Axel or an IC title multi-man match, but I'd rather they not rush booking or overcrowd the card just to get guys on, quality over quantity and I'd say the 3 booked as well as Cody vs Sandow are going to need a good block of time IMO.

WWE Summerslam 2013

WWE Championship: John Cena versus Daniel Bryan
World Championship: Alberto Del Rio versus Christian
Inferno Match: Kane versus Bray Wyatt
Mixed Tag Match: Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn versus Big E Langston & AJ
Brock Lesnar versus CM Punk
Intercontinental Championship: Curtis Axel versus Kofi Kingston
Ryback versus Sheamus
Rob Van Dam versus Randy Orton
Cody Rhodes versus Damien Sandow
Six Man Tag Match: Mark Henry, Big Show & The Miz versus The Shield

My guess for the card? Most of it's common sense, but I will admit I'm at a loss as to whether or not the Usos are making a PPV return or not, as well as Orton's placement. Kofi's return has me thinking of a mention of the NXT relationship between him and Axel, and having him put over Axel won't really hurt him.

After tonight's Raw I'm pretty sure Orton wont wrestle at Summerslam, WWE will simply keep him as a cloud hanging over Cena and Bryan's match.

I also don't think Ryback, Sheamus and Axel will be shoehorned onto the card, Axel instead may play a part in Punk vs Brock.

The mixed tag for Dolph and Big E unfortunately looks likely to happen and I still think something involving the Total Divas bunch will get on there.

The ones I am most curious about are The Shield, tonight they had no interaction with Henry and instead were slap bang in the middle of the WWE title angle. I can't see a particularly viable 6 man for them and I don't see them gaining much from a 3 way tag title match against The Usos and The Real Americans.

Looks a good solid card. I have never understood Christian, I dont understand the love for him and he would be nowhere near my main event. RVD vs Del Rio would have been so much better in my opinion.

As for The Shield, no interaction with Henry is a puzzler but it is still rumoured to be The Shield vs Big Show and Mark Henry. A triple threat vs The Usos and Real Americans would be better though with Ambrose having a match and defending his belt.

No doubt Ryback and Sheamus will be added to the event at some point.

Is there a SummerSlam pre-show? I haven't heard anything announced and WWE usually has a pre-show.

One match that I think could be added is a mixed tag match with Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn taking on Big E. Langston & AJ Lee. AJ & Kaitlyn got into it during Ziggler's match with Big E. last night and Kaitlyn did kinda sorta help cost Ziggler the match. As Kaitlyn was leaving, he looked concerned at Ziggler as if maybe she realized this?

Is there a SummerSlam pre-show? I haven't heard anything announced and WWE usually has a pre-show.

One match that I think could be added is a mixed tag match with Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn taking on Big E. Langston & AJ Lee. AJ & Kaitlyn got into it during Ziggler's match with Big E. last night and Kaitlyn did kinda sorta help cost Ziggler the match. As Kaitlyn was leaving, he looked concerned at Ziggler as if maybe she realized this?

There isn't an announced preshow match yet however I think this go around we might see something randomly throw together being the preshow. I've been feeling as if Fandango will be working the preshow as he has been given a lot of air time recently against some up there adversaries and has been putting on a lot of quality matches and performances. I wouldn't be surprised if he faces someone like Sheamus who is not currently on the card in the preshow.

As for your prediction about the mixed tag match I'm feeling like they'll put it in the main card as a means to give the crowd a break. I'm not saying it won't be good but I find that there's a lot less action in mixed tag matches due to the sexes rule being implemented. However, I'm fully expecting on Miz TV that they announced for Smackdown this match to officially be made official.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back