• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sheamus Is Mr. Money In The Bank - Keep It All Here!!!

Bookers seem to be forgetting that before their job requires them to put certain names forward because it would be appropriate to do so according to people behind the scenes, they have to make those kinds of transitions into actual stories. Forced circumstances aren't conducive to responsible storytelling.

So we have Sheamus, a heel. Why is he a heel? He kicked Dolph Ziggler! When did that happen? Fuck if I know, Dolph is doing some pointless angle with Lana at the moment.

Why else is he a heel? He gave a scathing analysis of less muscular performers! Really, it was this one time on Raw. Oh yeah, it's been done to death already by more over heels (HHH, Batista).

So what the fuck does Sheamus really bring to the show?

If he doesn't cash in right away and fuck up an already interesting program with Seth and Brock and sometimes Dean, then I guess he'll have to compete in another series of unremarkable feuds where his sole source of pride is the briefcase. Maybe he'll hit his opponents with the briefcase! That'll be fun, not really.

I've mentally wandered through every possible outcome. Sheamus turns face and announces when he'll cash in possibly making a triple threat title match with Brock and Seth, Sheamus stays a heel and picks up the pieces of whoever wins a barn burner of a title match. Maybe heel Sheamus announces when he'll compete and sticks to his guns to fool the smarks into believing that he'd cash in prior to an announced match anyway to stay traditionally heel. I'm boring the fuck out of myself.

I'm a John Cena hater, because hating John Cena is fun. I don't hate Sheamus, I'm 100% apathetic toward Sheamus. He doesn't inspire any kind of reaction out of me; he's the least nuanced character on a fucking pro-wrestling roster, and that's saying something.

All he does is talk with a thick accent and act like an ass, he's a former champion who's also the least noteworthy person on that whole fucking roster. I didn't think the WWE could make the money in the bank bonanza briefcase any less interesting but they sure as hell outdid themselves with this one. If you need me, I'll be watching NXT and GFW.

The decision to put the brief on Sheamus is an interesting one, not interesting in of itself but interesting in the sense that it raises a lot of questions. Obviously, Sheamus isn't very over with the majority of us on these forums. I found his babyface run to be pretty snooze inducing. There was this gradual turn on Smackdown instead of a really big moment. I think it was a throwaway promo. That was kind of the story of his face run in my opinion.

Sheamus as a face was cut from the John Cena cloth; smiling, fun loving, never back down, and meant for the kids. WWE wanted to sell fella shirts and Sheamus dolls. Not exactly the stuff we longterm and internet savvy fans desire out of a wrestler. He did that job ok, that for the kids job.

Fastforward to his return from injury and he comes back heel. He's doing ok as a heel. Someone said he's not getting booed. I disagree, his entrances aren't littered with as much heat as they should be, but his spots booed decently. I'm not sure about the you look stupid chants. Are they heat or do people just hate his new look? I'm torn, but leaning towards people general thinking he looks like a wanker. It's almost cheap heat in that sense.

They've done the right things changing his look and music to sell the character change. We're not talking about a beloved wrestler here like Undertaker 2001 or Jericho 2008 though, where they changed their music and look in order to remove a face reaction. Those men had been around for a decade or two at those points, Sheamus is not in their category. He wasn't that over. I like his new music, the mohawk is fine, but I'd ditch the macrame beard.

WWE needs to invest serious longterm booking into all of its characters and wrestlers. I question Sheamus' booking since return if the idea was MITB. I doubt that was planned. We've read rumours of WWE wanting Sheamus and Bryan to lock horns again, likely this was the plan post-Ziggler feud.

Sheamus was a safe choice. Kingston was the more over heel in the match, but he's the more risky choice from WWE's perspective. It would have been nice to see a fresh face, but Kofi might not be the guy WWE needs at this time.

Most likely Sheamus won so he could take the title off of Lesnar or Reigns. Sheamus is likely a time for Brock to go escape button. Unless, and I hope this isn't true, Sheamus is destined to defend the title next Mania.

Sheamus is a three time World Champ, a former Rumble winner, former KOTR, and two time U.S. Champ. He's a pretty decorated superstar on paper and a winner the casuals will believe. We'd all rather see a fresh winner, but the choice was made on what WWE sees as tested and true.

Sheamus vs Lesnar could be interesting. It's going to be nice to see some new Lesnar match ups, as a Reigns victory would mean another repeat opponent for the Beast. It's not the best choice, but it is from a business perspective.

Kofi, Wyatt, and hell even Stardust would have been better choices. They're getting real heat. Sheamus' character needs more time to get his heel character over. Kingston has been in his character just as long, but New Day is far more hated at this point. Personally I don't care about Sheamus' won. There are far more interesting things happening at this point.

Most likely Sheamus won so he could take the title off of Lesnar or Reigns. Sheamus is likely a time for Brock to go escape button. Unless, and I hope this isn't true, Sheamus is destined to defend the title next Mania.

Not a snowballs chance in hell dude. So don't worry about that.
He will either be a quick transitional champ or he won't win it at all. That much is clear. How it all plays out with the rumored Rollins Face turn is yet to be seen. I think their best option is to have Lesnar beat Rollins cleanly in a great match at Battleground and have Sheamus cash in on Brock and beat him clean after a few big spots on an exhausted opponent. Thus setting up for the storyline that only cheap cash-ins can beat Brock and setting up Lesnar vs. Sheamus at Summerslam. Use some brutal Brogue kicks to sell that he could compete with the Beast Incarnate.

He will either be a quick transitional champ or he won't win it at all. That much is clear. How it all plays out with the rumored Rollins Face turn is yet to be seen. I think their best option is to have Lesnar beat Rollins cleanly in a great match at Battleground and have Sheamus cash in on Brock and beat him clean after a few big spots on an exhausted opponent. Thus setting up for the storyline that only cheap cash-ins can beat Brock and setting up Lesnar vs. Sheamus at Summerslam. Use some brutal Brogue kicks to sell that he could compete with the Beast Incarnate.

I think if he fails to cash it in or just becomes a transitional champ, it would do more harm to him than good. While a feud with Lesnar would be interesting, as Sheamus isn't a small guy, I don't know how they are going to do this.

See Lesnar is billed as unstoppable. He decimated Cena at Summerslam last year. Cena is a guy who rarely loses big matches, especially on the second biggest show of the year. He and Rollins couldn't beat Lesnar when they had a 2 on 1, so is Sheamus that believable to beat Lesnar on his own?

He and Rollins couldn't beat Lesnar when they had a 2 on 1, so is Sheamus that believable to beat Lesnar on his own?

If Creative can successfully manage to build him up to the heights he achieved a few years ago.....then yes, I believe Sheamus could make a fine challenge to Brock Lesnar. Sheamus has the size, maneuverability and rep to stand up to Brock and it could be to Sheamus' advantage that there are so few credible opponents for Brock. The dearth of challengers is why Sheamus might be getting the push he's rumored to be in line for.

I don't know how 'slight' Seth Rollins is going to look going one-on-one against Brock. I believe seeing Daniel Bryan standing in the ring with Brock would have been more off-putting than people realize. Guys like Roman Reigns and John Cena have the size but they've already had their chances, although if Brock sticks around, they might warrant another.

Don't talk to me about Big Show, Mark Henry or Kane. They're big, but everyone knows they aren't going to beat Brock Lesnar. With Sheamus, if he's built to monster status again, there would be some doubt as to whether Brock would stomp all over him.....and that doubt could be used to promote the match.

That's a possibility worth pursuing.....give Sheamus a run at it.

Now we all see many action...
Sheamus really on fire now he will do destroy anyone for the championship.....

I actually would have chosen Kofi Kingston to win the mitb just to see how the freebird rule would have played out. Certaintly would have been something fresh for the mitb concept.

I cant see Sheamus winning the wwe world heavyweight championship as he already had runs with both the wwe and whc belts on the past and they wernt the greatest imo

He should be kept in the midcard putting over talent from nxt, maybe have him win the intercontinental championship for the first time in his career as his name still has value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back