WWE Money In The Bank - RAW Money In The Bank Ladder Match

I'm curious to see who will take the place of R-Truth.

Obviously the first thought could be one of the members of The Nexus. Mostly Wade Barrett. Seeing as he has the momentum going for himself in terms of entering this match.

However I have a feeling WWE. Or to be kayfabe correct - The General Manager will find a way to keep Wade Barrett from competing in this as a "punishment".

And therefore the only remaining one that could do it is Zack Ryder. But he doesn't have the momentum to go into this. So I'm a little torn who will take the final position. But I will hope it is Wade Barrett. He could do well with this. And it would make sense if he won it in terms of pushing him into the main event scene like WWE seems hyped on doing. As well as giving him the "lost" championship opportunity back.

Also therefore it would mean that The Nexus wouldn't be interfering in the match if Wade cashed in the same night.

Now with R-truth out of mitb due to the actions of The Miz on Raw. So my question is, who will the put in the match to replace him?

My pick would have to be either Yoshi Tatsu or Zack Ryder. Yoshi Tatsu would be entertaining in this match b/c it was practically made for high flyers. Zack Ryder should be in it b/c i would like to see a john morrison/zack Ryder fued. They put on a decent match a couple weeks ago.

Although neither of them would win, but one of them should replace R-truth if he is truely not going to be in mitb.

Too bad about Truth being out as I would've really liked to have seen him pull off a good showing. With him out, I have a feeling that Miz could win and the feud over the US title or the briefcase with Truth. Or Truth could cost Miz the match and further their feud.

In terms of a winner, I would like to see one of the midcarders win it. Someone not established and could use the win to propel them up the card. My pick is Miz but I wouldn't mind seeing Evan Bourne win it.

Hmm...As far as who to replace R-Truth it's probably gonna be a face to keep the 1 to 1 face and heel sides so i don't see Zach Rider in this match. Yoshi Tatsu is a good pick as he'll add another high flyer to the match. The only other I can see at the moment is Mark Henry thanks in part to it being his led assault on the Nexus at the End of Raw.

My winner at the moment is The Miz. I think it's definitely his time and the US Championship isn't gonna contain his ability for much longer. However, as others have said, I wouldn't mind seeing Evan getting a nod. Also, if it's not these two, I'm giving it to Orton or Jericho as they seem like the next best choices and Edge has had the opportunity twice already.

I think if Barrett/Nexus isn't involved. I see the Miz or Ted DiBiase... It would be a great way to elevate their careers.
Barrett is my choice, and who I want to win if he's involved.

I personally see Ted DiBiase winning Money In The Bank due to the fact that most people don't see it coming, and plus he is ready to go the Main Event, as he is spent enough time on the midcard.

It fits Ted's gimmick perfectly as he can cash it in quickly or even wait, it doesn't matter as it just suits him either way, and the WWE can't go wrong. He is deserving of the push, and hopefully he gets the briefcase.

for the final RAW mitb person, i would pick zack ryder. hes been on sort of a streak/push lately and i think hes done a good job for it (except the ashton kutcher segment) but i hope ryder gets the final spot. as for the winner, im torn between dibiase, morrison (then turn him heel) or MIZ!!! miz i believe should win it bc he deserves it the most.
orton jericho and edge can win the title anytime, they r good
bourne isnt quite there for ME status yet, close, but no
morrison: this could be a good way to make him heel. hes better as a heel (ECW)
dibiase: my second choice. he has definately improved his mic and ring skills.

doesnt matter who they pick really, but i want Y2J, or Teddy to win it, i know jericho wont, with his TV show going on, but Ted would get the push he needs with that win

My poin of view is next: first of all I tought that's impossible that a big star like Orton, Jericho or Edge coul win, but after I saw the last two RAW episodes I started thinking that Randy is the chosen one for this match. And here comes the explanation: Cena vs. Sheamus is over, John regains the title and Nexus are in the house. They beat the hell out of Cena and everbody hear out "The Voices". Orton comes with the briefcase and everbody is sure that The Viper will strike and cash his MITB contract but instead of he helps Cena and clean the house. This would show that Orton has a new loial face.

With reports that WWE doesn't want 2 people running around with MITB cases why wouldn't Orton, Edge or Jericho win they could cash in right away and get that case out of the way for Summerslam now that HHH is out.

I think that The Miz is the most logical winner here, for the same reasons said over and over in previous posts, but I'm not so sure that the WWE is set on him winning. It seems as if they've been trying extra hard to get two participants over in the past few months: Evan Bourne and John Morrison. Evan Bourne's push has been more obvious, such as his inclusion with John Cena in the main event tag match, so it's clear that the WWE wants him to be over.

The one recieving the less visible push is Morrison. I see the WWE's confidence in him with merchandise, first. His Rockstar DVD is a big hint of how the office feels about him. Additionally, a John Morrison Top Rope shirt just came out. If memory serves, the Top Rope section has been reserved for main event talent.

Don't forget the end of Raw this week, either. The first person to cone out alone to help Cena? Bourne. The second to come out alone? Morrison. Why wouldn't they just come out with the rest of the locker room? I think it's because they were testing pops for those two.

My pick is still Miz, but if Bourne/Morrison win, I won't be shocked or disappointed.

Well first off I hope the next contender should be Goldust. Don't ask me why maybe it's just because I'm a Goldust fan. Goldust deserves at least to be in the mid card but aside from that, there are a few contenders we can eliminate. Y2J, Edge, and Randy. I don't see Evan Bourne winning the match but will be probably one of the best performers of the night. Having the Miz win would be way too obvious and I could see a feud with Miz and Edge and Randy. Maybe Miz will cost Randy to somehow lose the match by pushing him off the ladder or something. Then Edge and Miz could go head to head on the top of the ladder and Randy pushes both off which causes a feud of all three explaining they would of won the Money in the Bank on RAW. It really only comes down to John Morrison and Ted DiBiase. Personally I pick John Morrison because I feel he is ready to be a main eventer. I can see Miz losing the US championship to Evan Bourne with maybe Randy costing the match and then having Bourne feud with Ted for the US Championship. So yeah my pick is Goldust...er..I mean John Morrison.

I think this should be an awesome match, you have Edge (creator of TLC, master of MITB) Y2J (Creator of MITB) Evan Bourne and JOMO together in a ladder match yeah thats gonna be awesome anyway as for my pick im kind of undecided
John Morrison This is who I hope wins it but unfortunately he seems to have been lost in the shuffle since coming to Raw (how many times have we heard that) still I think he has a chance of winning
Evan Bourne I dont see him winning yet maybe at WM or MITB next year but not yet he has been on a push as of late but I see him holding the US title before he gets pushed to the main event, look for him to be the Shelton Benjamin of this match though.
Randy,Y2J and Edge No No and No none of there people need the win enough said
Ted DebiaseMaybe a dark horse in this match, he hasnt done as much as many expected him to since breaking away from legacy.
The Miz The odds on favourite to win the match and I think that it will be him maybe cashing in at or just after SSlam
Mystery Man A few options for who this could be but itsprobably gonna be out of Zack Ryder or Wade Barrett both have a chance of being in the match although i see neither winning, Wade already has a title shot (in 3 months) and Zack just wouldnt win simple as that. I think there is one more option unlikley as it is and thats Bryan Danielson who would have a legit chance or winning but I dont see it happening.
Who I want to win: JoMo
Who I think will win: The Miz/Mystery Guy (more likley the Miz)

I'm surprised nobody has posted in this concerning Mark Henry being placed in the match. I think it's a shame that Mark Henry of all people had to be put in it because of the fact that there's a lot of other wrestlers that could make a lot more sense. Or get much more out of it.

Mark Henry probably won't be much for the match with the exception of a few spots where he catches someone and slams them into a ladder. He's the power force of this match most likely for the sake of having a power force.

At least now though we can say there's two heavies in the Money in the Bank ladder matches.

Well, Miz has OBVIOUSLY shown that he can be in the Main Event and get people interested in his matches. Which is a damn good thing to be able to do. OK, I say that because if he wins than he will indeed hold both titles, if not for very long, he still will. IF he wins.

With Edge, Orton and Jericho, there is a lot of reason to them winning, however it's more logical they start a tourney on Raw to determine a new no. 1 contender, with one of them winning. Like it should be since they can lose a 100 matches, win 1 and any one of those 3 would STILL be viable to the ME.

Mark Henry is basically the filler of the match. I do agree it'd have been better with Ryder.

Morrison has been pushed to the main event in ECW and while he was over, he wasn't even 'Sheamus over' or 'Swagger over.' Morrison is illogical(then again, so is WWE).

Ted DiBiase, better actor in films than in WWE Character. Although I see him improving, I just can't pisture him winning over Bourne or Miz.

Bourne and Miz are my choices. I mean, Bourne is on the biggest F*ing push of all the midcarders, aside from Miz. Although the difference is obvious. Miz has all the talent to be pushed, so he's being pushed in a less obvious "I'm coming to the Main Event scene whether you like it or not" kind of way, hinting it doesn't matter if he wins or not. While Bourne is getting the obvious rub from the already-main-event stars like Y2J Orton Edge and Cena.

Tough call, but could you IMAGINE the closing to the RAW MITB if it comes down to them. Either way the fans win, because both have been under-utilized until recently. So now, with that said. I can't wait.

Jericho wins this.

He's the one who needs it the most. He's been floating just under the ME for like a year now, and has gotten overlooked for title shots and pushes ever since. I'm sure he doesn't care all that much personally, but this makes sense both out of character and in character.

OOC: This gets him into the main event and another title reign.

IC: He's friends with Barrett from NXT, so you can justify aligning them together and having Nexus work with Jericho, and saying that he aligned with them because he was tired of getting overlooked and such, and you can put him over either Sheamus or Cena without hurting anyone.

It makes perfect sense.

As for the rest...

Edge and Orton don't need it and they can continue their feud.

Miz needs to focus on the US title.

Dibiase and Bourne aren't ready.

JoMo just won't get it.

Henry is filler, if he even ends up being in the match...

This one is much harder to pick than the Smackdown one. I don’t see the point in having Orton, Edge or Jericho win it. Henry certainly isn’t getting his arse up that ladder so, that leaves us with Morrison, Bourne, Miz and DiBiase.

Morrison seems to be stuck in mid card hell so I don’t see him winning it. I don’t see Bourne winning it, even though he’s getting a sweet push right now I just don’t see him with the case. He’s being pushed to be someone that could win the case, not someone that’s going to win it. So, for me it’s either going to be Miz or DiBiase who are probably the most over mid carders at the moment. Miz could do wonders with the case and could finally get his world title match. DiBiase probably just edges Miz out as favourite, he’s got a great gimmick going with Maryse, he has the $$$ belt and he is just below the main event step, this could shoot him over that step.

Hmmm, it’s a hard one this one but my final pick is DiBiase with Miz as a close 2nd. I guess WWE may very well go with one of the current main eventers in Jericho, Edge or Orton just to have them lose the world title match they earn but I really see it as a pointless match if they’re going to give it to one of those 3.

I completely understand where everyone is coming from with The Miz. I just can't see it-- he's a heel. Raw has tons of heel talent, right now, not even counting Nexus. If Cena's wrapped up with fighting them, who does that leave for Sheamus to feud with? Orton? Orton would be better off if he didn't have to come out every week as one of the faces, but rather had the freedom to be the tweener he seems fit to be.

So, for my money, it has to be JoMo or Bourne. I'd go with JoMo. He's gotten a good amount of face time on tv recently, has new merch coming out, and has long been in line for a push to the ME picture. Bourne could have some great feuds with someone like the Miz for the US Title and pop up on the upper mid card.

I completely understand where everyone is coming from with The Miz. I just can't see it-- he's a heel. Raw has tons of heel talent, right now, not even counting Nexus. If Cena's wrapped up with fighting them, who does that leave for Sheamus to feud with? Orton? Orton would be better off if he didn't have to come out every week as one of the faces, but rather had the freedom to be the tweener he seems fit to be.

So, for my money, it has to be JoMo or Bourne. I'd go with JoMo. He's gotten a good amount of face time on tv recently, has new merch coming out, and has long been in line for a push to the ME picture. Bourne could have some great feuds with someone like the Miz for the US Title and pop up on the upper mid card.

Neither are ready for it. JoMo is close, but he's fallen back a lot since the days where he was beating champions on SD. If he was still on Friday Nights, I think he would be the favorite. But on RAW, he just gets lost in the shuffle. I think he needs another US title reign before he can be a legit contender. Bourne is nowhere near close, as awesome as he's been lately.

As for Miz, he's getting close too but the last time they pushed him to the main event I felt he looked out of place. Maybe it was just the booking and him getting his ass kicked by Cena, I don't know, but I think he would benefit from a non-title feud before being bumped up, with a guy like Orton.

Jericho, I'll say it again, is the perfect fit. He needs it the most and he's right up there and able to legitimize having an MITB PPV.

Neither are ready for it. JoMo is close, but he's fallen back a lot since the days where he was beating champions on SD. If he was still on Friday Nights, I think he would be the favorite. But on RAW, he just gets lost in the shuffle. I think he needs another US title reign before he can be a legit contender. Bourne is nowhere near close, as awesome as he's been lately.

As for Miz, he's getting close too but the last time they pushed him to the main event I felt he looked out of place. Maybe it was just the booking and him getting his ass kicked by Cena, I don't know, but I think he would benefit from a non-title feud before being bumped up, with a guy like Orton.

Jericho, I'll say it again, is the perfect fit. He needs it the most and he's right up there and able to legitimize having an MITB PPV.

Definitely a fair opinion. I just think a face needs to win and if put in the position Morrison could pull it off with some credibility. He's been front and center in the Nexus storyline.

That said, if it's a heel I want it to be Jericho. It could be so shocking, too, to have Jericho win and then have Barret come running down to the ring with the briefcase to face Sheamus/Cena.

This one is far less obvious than the Smackdown! one. Miz is the clear cut favourite but might be too expected for WWE to follow through with. I'll have to go with The Ayatollah of Rock n Rollah himself.

While Y2J in no way needs this win, it just makes sense since he's the only one the Nexus has shook hands with and the only one missing from any and all Nexus beatdowns. They have already alluded to having an impact in this match while talking to Orton and even started by beating down just about every other participant.

What I'm wondering is: If it's an easy way for any heel to get over, can the briefcase help a face get over?

Especially after last Wrestlemania's MITB, I'm hesitant to rule out anyone, besides glaringly obvious match losers, aka Mark Henry. Few people were being pushed less than Swagger, and the briefcase got him into the main event with relative ease. We have also seen how much heat it can get a budding heel, like when CM Punk screwed Jeff Hardy out of a title reign. The whole cash-in scenario seems better suited for an opportunistic heel. Could the briefcase be utilized for getting pops?

Personally, I'm not sure, and that's the only reason why I'm not sure about banking on John Morrison. He has been lost in the shuffle as of late, but that didn't stop Swagger. Morrison has an east first storyline, too. DiBiase is going to try to buy the briefcase off of him. They feud over it, and maybe even a returning Melina gets involved. A feud over the briefcase could get more people on a face such as Morrison's side.

Does anyone think the briefcase could help a face like it helps boost heels, or does a face already have to be over enough for the main event?

On a side note, I don't know what that match order will be, so perhaps we'll see a cash-in from one brand happen that night. I'd imagine it's more likely to happen on the Smackdown! side, but it's still something to keep in mind.

At first I was not sure who would win because I like a few of them, but I'm going to give My top three picks and why I've chosen them:

1) The Miz ~ okay so I dont much care for Mizery (thats My nickname for him) but there is no denying that he not only is fantastic on the mic but has a great catchphrase in "Because I'm the Miz, and I'm awesome!". Fact of the matter is, he truly is awesome and I think he'd be a great champion one day so I'm going for him all the way!

2) Randy Orton ~ Yeah so Orton doesn't really need to win MITB though he is one of My favorites on RAW so yeah I'd like to see him win but I don't know if him winning would be such a good idea at this point. He's already had numerous title wins and can easily get the title at another time without getting a push through the briefcase. I'm guessing that, possibly, MITB will be a catalyst for feuling the feud between Orton and Edge which I think would lead to something between them at SummerSlam next month.

3) John Morrison ~ I've been a fan of John's for quite some time now, and I think in the future he will make a great world champion. Perhaps overall it's not the right time for him right now, but he is still the one I'd choose as one of My favorites to win MITB. He's worked hard for a long time, was one half of one of the greatest tag teams of the 2000's in My opinion (with the Miz) and has been a very hard worker in the WWE.

Even with all that said, My pick is still The Miz :worship:

Here's my take on each competitor:

- Ted DiBiase
- Mark Henry
- The Miz
- John Morrison
- Edge
- Evan Bourne
- Randy Orton
- Chris Jericho

(In ascending order)

Mark Henry - late replacement, no chance of winning.

Likeliness of Winning - 0/10

Edge - there is no point in having him win that match. The champ is a heel right now, Edge with the MITB contract has been done before, he doesn't need it, I could go on.

Likeliness of Winning - 2/10

John Morrison - at one point I thought he would have a chance of winning it, but rumours of Melina coming back to be in his corner with a feud with Ted DiBiase suggests to me that they have other plans for him, and/or they don't feel its the right time yet.

Likeliness of Winning - 2/10

Ted DiBiase - have heard suggestions from people that this guy has a good chance of winning. I disagree, he's got the potential, sure - but like Cody Rhodes on Smackdown, now isn't the time. Build him for a year/18 months - then see where you are with him.

Likeliness of Winning - 3/10

Evan Bourne - certainly on the cusp of a wave right now. But I don't think it's the time to give him the belt. Strikes me as the sort of guy who could easily fail to cash in the belt - which makes a bit of sense, but there are better guys in this match right now.

Likeliness of Winning - 5/10

Chris Jericho - you could buy him with the world title, which - despite the fact that this is a match to elevate newer stars - you probably couldn't say about Morrison, DiBiase, Bourne or Henry right now. So he's got a chance. But he doesn't need the MITB contract, or the world title right now. Plus the fact he may well be leaving before the year is out, I'd say he's unlikely - but then again many are in this match.

Likeliness of Winning - 5/10

Randy Orton - hugely over right now. He's in a feud with Edge right now, but any MITB contract could easily be used as a stipulation in their Summerslam match. Been without a world title for a while now, and I think Cena can only go heel if Orton goes face for a Wrestlemania match between the two biggest stars in the company right now.

Likeliness of Winning - 9/10

The Miz - can split him and Orton. The Miz looks ready for main event competition, but I think he may find that more easily on Smackdown. The new ruthless side of him has added an extra facet that his character probably needed to be believable.

Likeliness of Winning - 9/10

Can't split Orton and Miz - both can easily win it tomorrow. Can't see the other six winning it (which is a shame, because there are 4 potential winners on the Smackdown one in my eyes).

You can eliminate Orton, Y2J, Henry, and Morrison imo. Orton and Y2J are just too big for this match, and they could easily just get put in a world title match. Henry and Morrison are extremely irrelevant right now, and it would be just stupid to give it to either of those guys.

The reason I don't eliminate Edge is just because WWE loves to give stuff like this to Edge, just to increase his ultimate opportunist bullshit.

The main contenders imo are Bourne, Miz, and DiBiase. Ted is a longshot, but he's getting pushed lately with the whole Maryse thing. Bourne is on fire and I could see him getting it as a feel good story. The guy I pick though, is not really out of what I think will happen, but what I want to happen, and that's Miz. This guy is just pure gold on the mic, and he's drastically improved in the ring since his feud with Cena last year.

MITB is hard as shit to predict, especially after WWE swerved the hell out of us at WM with Swagger. This will definitely be the better of the two MITB matches though. Look to see some crazy spots with Bourne and Morrison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back