WWE Money In The Bank - RAW Money In The Bank Ladder Match

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator

At the first-ever Money in the Bank pay-per-view, live from Kansas City, Mo., eight of Monday Night Raw’s top Superstars will risk it all for an opportunity to challenge the WWE Champion by competing in a career-defining – and threatening – Money in the Bank Ladder Match on July 18.

The rules of this unique bout are simple. Eight Superstars fight to obtain a briefcase hanging precariously over the ring. The one Superstar able to ascend a ladder and snatch the case out of the air becomes the sole owner of its coveted contents: A championship contract. The winner of this match may then “cash in” that contract and challenge the Raw champion at any point over the next 12 months.

The following Raw Superstars are scheduled to compete: Randy Orton, John Morrison, R-Truth, Evan Bourne, United States Champion The Miz, Ted DiBiase, Chris Jericho and Edge. No stranger to this type of harrowing contest, The Ultimate Opportunist became the first-ever "Mr. Money in the Bank" at WrestleMania 21 in 2005, using his contract to challenge and defeat then-WWE Champion John Cena nine months later. However, in order to duplicate that historic victory, The Ultimate Opportunist will need to overcome seven of Raw's most formidable combatants, including his rival and fellow former WWE Champion, The Viper.

With SmackDown holding its own Money in the Bank Ladder Match for the World Title that same evening, this event marks the first time two of these calamitous contests will be held in a single night. Don't miss this historic night, live on pay-per-view.

Wow, all I have to say is that this is one stacked match! While I believe Edge or Orton have the most chance of winning this, the one I'm really pulling for is The Miz. He has earned his main event spot in my opinion, with his fantastic promos and the way he's improved himself in the ring. I hope that Miz and Orton have a confrontation in this match, maybe even with Miz stealing the victory out from Orton's nose. That way we could get a feud between the two, which I'd love to see.

Who do you think is going to win?

I'm really afraid that Edge is going to win. Edge vs. Cena is a feud that WWE has tried to make happen almost as much as Triple H vs. Randy Orton. This is a perfect opportunity to get someone new a shot at the main event. Bourne isn't ready, Truth and Morrison aren't at that level, and I don't think they are ready to pull the trigger on DiBiase yet. That leaves one man-The Miz. The man is right up there with CM Punk as the best mic workers in the company and is a main eventer just waiting to happen. I really hope we see The Miz win this.

As much as I like Randy, and Jericho. Money in the Bank should be used to elevate talent who has NOT won a world title. Morrison, Bourne, Truth, Miz or DiBiase should win. Personally my choice is Morrison, but I would rather have any of these guys win instead of the ones who are already multi time champions.

I think (and hope) it'll be somebody who has never been champion. I'm pulling for the miz as I think he as most main event ready. I could see it going down like this: The miz wins,he gloats about being the only US champion and money in the bank winner at the same time,a couple PPVs after MITB he loses his US title,later in the night he cashes it in,wins and says "Boohoo,I lost my US title...but now I AM -YOUR- WWE CHAMPION,BECAUSE I'M THE MIZ AND I'M AWESOME."
My 2nd and 3rd choices would be Ted,or Bourne.

God I hope that Edge or Randy Orton do not win. Money in the bank is for wrestlers who need a big push and I think that the one that could use this to get in to the main event is The Miz. The miz has been working very hard this past year! He has helped bring some creditability to the us title "not saying that it did not have any". I think it's time for him to move up and this money in the bank could be his ticket to main event status.

He is on the top of his games with his mic skills and with his wrestling skills. With that being said...I am rooting for The Miz!

I will go with the general consensus here and go with The Miz, as a prediction and as my hopeful winner. I like the fact that they put 3 bonafide Main Eventers in Edge, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton in the match, but I don't think either one of them should get the win. Matter of fact, I don't think anyone else besides Miz truly deserves it, but for the fuck of it, let's do a little breakdown.

Evan Bourne

No. To further elaborate, hell no. I like that they are pushing him a bit, and I think he will be a solid mid carder with maybe a glimpse or 2 at the top of the card, but it would be a waste to give him a guaranteed title shot.

Ted Dibiase

I put him as my second choice. He's a heel, which automatically puts him in my favor for a MITB winner, but he is not nearly established as The Miz. If he were to win, it would be Swagger's run all over again.

R-Truth

Maybe, but I'm going to go with a no as well. First off, I see the MITB Briefcase being more beneficial to a heel character or at least a potential heel character. I don't see that in truth in any way.

John Morrison

Pretty much the same reasoning as Truth, though I'd rank Truth a bit higher. Truth is way more over.

Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, and Edge

I'm just going to do these altogether since I have the same reasoning for all of them. They don't need a MITB contract to be a believable Main Eventer, they can all easily shift in and out of the top of the card, unlike others who could definitely benefit from just skyrocketing in with less buildup.

The Miz

Just look at Edge's and CM Punk's victories, and what they have become because of it. The Miz fits right into that category in my opinion, he is destined to make it as a World Champion one day, and this would be the perfect opportunity to pull the trigger.

Randy, Edge, or Chris do not need to win. They have already been world champions and they do not need the money in the bank to win it again. If either one of these three win I hope they lose their title match. This should be between miz and morrison. I don't think that's the way it's going to be but that's what it should be because morrison definently has the potential to hold the world title. If they could give the world heavyweight championship to swagger they should be able to give it to morrison. Then the Miz has been awesome as of late and he wamts to become the only man to hold the united states championship the wwe championship at the same time.

Yeah, this match is definitely stacked. I don't see Bourne, DiBiase, Truth or Morrison winning. Not sure any of those guys are ready for that (maybe a few never will be). Jericho probably has no chance, he just had a title run, and I hear management isn't happy with him.

That leaves Edge, Miz and Orton. Unfortunately, I see Miz winning this. Edge and Orton are involved in their own feud, and that should most likely take them through Summerslam.

I'm impressed with Miz on the mic, but I don't agree with a lot of you that he has made major improvements in the ring. I haven't seen one match he has had in the last six months that has made me care. I think he's average, at best, in the ring. He has a good character, and is usually pretty entertaining on the mic, but I'm not sure his in-ring ability is up to par with being WWE champion. I guess it would cool to see him talk about "his" briefcase for a few months, and during that period, (hopefully) he will work on his in-ring game.

WOW !!!! These are the 8 men i expected and I couldnt be happier. The best part is there are no complete outsiders from winning here. While I agree with everyone that The Miz deserves it the most anyone of these men could win this match and pull off being a great MITB champ

Like others have said Edge already cashed in twice, Orton is the most over face in the WWE right now, and Jericho doesn't need any help he can jump in the title scene at any time and be credible.

As much as I love Bourne its just not his time with the underdog storyline right now with Mysterio champ on Smackdown, Dibiase has the perfect buildup to "buy" himself into the title scene when he's ready, R Truth had a lackluster US title run (maybe cuz they thought he was ready to make the jump?) i personally don't agree, and Morrison well i don't think he has the charisma as a face to pull it off right now

Give it to Miz let him hold onto the briefcase for awhile while feuding with R Truth, moving onto Orton, cashing in on Cena down the road and eventually lead to Morrison's push to where he defends it against Morrison succesfully at Royal Rumble only for Morrison to win MITB at WM and cash in after the Miz's successful title defense at WM cementing both Miz & Morrison as the future

I'm with the general concensus on the Miz winning I think Orton Edge and Jericho are only their for legitimate star power. I also dont see Morrison Bourne or Truth as ready for the bonafide main event yet.
and with all that being said and can also see the WWE throwing a curve ball and have Dibiase buy the case off the winner sometime down the road after his push gets him over a some more.

Wow, all I have to say is that this is one stacked match! While I believe Edge or Orton have the most chance of winning this, the one I'm really pulling for is The Miz. He has earned his main event spot in my opinion, with his fantastic promos and the way he's improved himself in the ring. I hope that Miz and Orton have a confrontation in this match, maybe even with Miz stealing the victory out from Orton's nose. That way we could get a feud between the two, which I'd love to see.

i think the miz is going to steal it from chris Jericho because jerry and cole are always comparing the miz so it could be a nice angle teacher vs student or he might help Jericho win since they are so cool or vice versa

Hello, people. how about john morrison winning and maybe he can turn heel. i have been hearing talk of him turning heel for a while and with the briefcase the is the perfect way of turning him. remember how cm punk won his second title from jeff and now look where he is now. so it can help as well turn someone heel. i dont think miz is ready for it yet. i see more morrison getting it. but u never know with the wwe. they always change things everyday.

Evan Bourne

I actually think this could happen, The WWE has really been pushing him lately. I know he's far from what I can call "Main-event" material, Considering I can remember the last time he actually cut a Promo. But he's very over with the crowd at this point and I wouldn't be THAT surprised if he walked away with the briefcase.

Orton,Jericho,Edge

Much like everyone else on here, I don't want either of these guy's winning considering all 3 of them are multiple time World champions already.

The Miz

Even though I'm not a big fan of the miz, I can definitely see him winning this. He's a good heel and is pretty much in the same position that edge was back when he won it for the first time.

R-truth

No. No chance in hell. I like R-truth as a wrestler, but his gimmick is very boring to me and I cant take him seriously as a main-eventer.

Ted dibiase

This is also a possibiltie. He doesn't really have alot of momentum heading into this match, but his attitude and mic skills could potentially certify him as a future-main eventer. Also, his gimmick revolves around "Money"....Interesting.

John morrison

This is my personal favorite to win this match. Alot of people on these wrestling forums talk about How John Morrison is "Not over with the crowd" I call that bullshit. Sure lately he hasn't had alot of momentum, but back when he was Intercontinental champion on Smackdown, he always got good pop's and support from the crowd. I Personally think Morrison work's ALOT better as a heel, his mic skills are much better and he has this Arrogant attitude that really seems to fit him.

I have a very funny feeling that they will let Bourne get the Money in the Bank opportunity. Its no secret they are trying to push him to the moon. And with the recent success of Rey Mysterio. I just have one of those crazy feelings that Bourne will get the briefcase.

But if I had to pick someone else I would say Morisson will get it and immediately turn heel. I dont think the Miz is ready to handle it. And Morission deserves it most out of everyone else.

I can definitely see a heel win hopefully the Miz and then cash it in that night after the cage match for the WWE title. Chances are Edge or Orton will win. This can be a great match I just wish they would go with 6 instead of 8 competitors. The more guys in the match the more confusing it is to follow IMO.

I'm really afraid that Edge is going to win. Edge vs. Cena is a feud that WWE has tried to make happen almost as much as Triple H vs. Randy Orton. This is a perfect opportunity to get someone new a shot at the main event. Bourne isn't ready, Truth and Morrison aren't at that level, and I don't think they are ready to pull the trigger on DiBiase yet. That leaves one man-The Miz. The man is right up there with CM Punk as the best mic workers in the company and is a main eventer just waiting to happen. I really hope we see The Miz win this.

I beg to differ!

This is one star studded match with my two favorite wrestlers, Edge and Randy Orton in it. However, I don't want either of them to win. Edge statistically in some form or another has been involved with every single Money in the Bank since its introduction in some way or form. And even this one, he's involved. But he doesn't need to win, and neither does Randy. Right now they have a good personal feud going and they don't need MitB to extend it.

Chris Jericho doesn't need MitB but I wouldn't mind if he won just so I'm happy at heart thinking his WWE job is more secured with all this "I will quit if I lose" matches.

R-Truth, Evan Bourne, and Ted DiBiase are not main eventers yet.

Miz has acquired the status but...

John Morrison deserves this more than anyone right now. He has beaten World Champions, he amazed everyone in the Elimination Chamber match this year, and his moves are beautiful and amazing. He has the looks, the body, and the charisma to be a world champion.

Doc, as far as Miz goes, I would say he has earned Main Event status but he shouldn't win right now either. Just because I feel there's one man more deserving than Miz is.

I agree with the consensus here:

Miz should win, he's done all he can in the mid-card (IMO) and its time to move him up to the main event and maybe bump someone else up to the mid-card (e.g. Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu)

Randy Orton & Edge: I don't think either of them should have been in this, Not only are they constant main eventers, but becuase they've got a feud in the works that's gonna be great, it would have been better to put them in their own 1 on 1 match. But then again, maybe it could help get over some of the others and who else could they have possibly put in it.

John Morisson: Seems like after he came to RAW he lost a lot of momentum. Even though I'm a huge JoMo fan just becuase of that momentum loss, I would not have him win. if he wins the US or IC title this year, maybe

R-Truth: Lots of momentum, he recently won the US title (and yes I realize he only had a short run) but he doesn't need it to get over, plus supposedly he's working through an injury.

Evan Bourne: Still too soon, he's only in this because everyone wants to see him hit the SSP off the ladder again (WM 26). He could be a fixture in the mid card but not a main eventer yet.

Jericho: Neutral, he can win or lose, best scenario IMO is to use him to help put over someone else since he's been champ enough (and he has said he's willing to job)

I'm impressed with Miz on the mic, but I don't agree with a lot of you that he has made major improvements in the ring. I haven't seen one match he has had in the last six months that has made me care. I think he's average, at best, in the ring. He has a good character, and is usually pretty entertaining on the mic, but I'm not sure his in-ring ability is up to par with being WWE champion. I guess it would cool to see him talk about "his" briefcase for a few months, and during that period, (hopefully) he will work on his in-ring game.

I actually get what you're saying, but you're forgetting something: John Cena.

Does John Cena do anything in the ring? Most of what he does is job and get his ass beat until he pulls an FU, wait, sorry, Attitude Adjustment out of nowhere and slap on the STFU...STF for the win. A 5 Knuckle Shuffle for good measure. The Miz is improving in the ring, in my opinion. The one thing I'd change is his finisher; The Skull Crushing Finale doesn't work for me. its not an end-game finisher like the RKO or the Sweet Chin Music. It doesn't have that "it" factor. But other than that, I think the Miz is deserving, he's ready, and he's the one I'm pulling for here.

A lot of people are saying that a non established guy should win, and normally I would agree, but in this case i don't.

While I wish Miz or Morrison would jump to the main event, I would prefer Edge, Jericho, or Orton to win for this reason. The Raw main event is too stacked with the 3 afore mentioned guys as well as Cena, Sheamus, HHH, and now Barrett, I think it would be the wrong move adding another main eventer. My pick to win this match is Edge, his character is based around his MITB win and I think him and Orton will feud over the briefcase.

Just for the record I think a young star will win the Smackdown! MITB......MVP

EDIT****

I had another thought. I think potentially Jericho can win and cash it in on Wade Barrett. The idea being Barrett wins the title and Y2J cashes in right after, but Barrett beats Jericho too. This will put over Barrett and can start a feud between the two, in which Jericho can turn face.

I've noticed a couple of things that seem not to change in these MITB matches....

1. if u have a belt be4 entering the match you won't win
2. if your in a ongoing feud b4 the match u won't win

that leaves 2 people left to win ted dibiase or Morrison .. ill go with one of these(Jericho has a small chance cuz this gives him time to do his show and come back str8 into the main event picture)

People keep saying that certain superstars aren't ready. Remember they can hold this thing for a year and alot can change in that time. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for any of these superstars to win this thing, which is great and honestly pretty suprising considering how WWE has done things in the past. Personally I love the Miz but I think he has the talent to get there on his own steam and a feud with Orton would be incredible and launch him to the ME anyway. My vote would be to give it to Bourne. No one expects him to win and I bet he's gonna do some sick moves with those ladders so he'll already have the house rockin' and pulling for him. It could make for one of those moments that launch careers. Just sayin...

I'm calling this right now. Edge. Is not going to win. Unfortunately.

They're going to build this match around Edge, because he's the odd's on favorite who knows what he's doing with Ladders and especially in Money in the Bank matches, since he has the most experience - combined with being the only individual involved who's won one, before.

Chris Jericho is a very dark horse, mainly because it always seems like he carries the "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride" title in these matches. He's always touching the case, even a fingertip away from unlocking it from the hook - but he's never won, and no one seems to care about that, which means he likely never will.

Anyone who thinks Randy Orton should win this match needs kicked squarely in the nuts right now. Or punched in the vagina, be it as it may. He's too much of a high-profile star to need this victory. And unlike if someone like an Edge, or Jericho, were to win - Orton doesn't fit the standard of winners. Mainly for two reasons. First, he's a face and only Van Dam has ever used the case to cash in in a fair style manner. Second, he can seemingly win any number of #1 contender matches, to need this type of contender option. It just doesn't make sense to give it to him.

If there was anyone who had less chance of winning this match than Evan Bourne, it'd be R-Truth. Combined, neither are in this thing other than being two extra individuals to take up unneeded space. This makes me dislike that its an 8-man match, and not a 6-man match.

Even though I'd love for Edge to be the winner, if I had to pick anyone else besides him.. it'd be John Morrison. Morrison will be the spotlight of this entire thing. He shines in matches such as this. But unfortunately, much like Bourne, Morrison will only be here to make the fans scream for joy and excitement.

Jack Swagger's victory came out of nowhere at Wrestlemania, and that leads me to Ted DiBiase. He's easily the Jack Swagger of this match. He has the talent to become something bigger than he currently is, but he isn't ready to have it, and no one is predicting he'll win it. Which makes him the perfect choice for a :wtf: style moment. Just. Like. Swagger.

Finally, the individual I'm honestly thinking will steal this one.. The Miz. Miz is arguably the next top choice for a Mid-card turned Main Event star. I don't honestly like it, but he (in my opinion) is likely the true odd's on favorite to win this whole thing.

This match has Edge written all over it already.

When you look at what he has accomplished with ladders in his career, you would need to be silly to think it would be anyone else at this stage of the game. The WWE could easily play off his history and have him win it because he has the most experience and I fully expect that that is something that they will do. Just because Edge wins this match, it doesn’t mean that he will cash it in right away and I can still see his feud with Randy Orton taking place as he holds the briefcase. Either that or he wins the contract and cashes it in after the Cage match at Money In The Bank. Would anyone be surprised if that happened? If this was the case, then I could definitely see Edge and Randy Orton feuding over the WWE Championship as Sheamus and John Cena feud somewhere down the card.

As the participants for this match were announced, my excitement grew greatly as I thought about the prospective match and how it would go. Evan Bourne, John Morrison and The Miz could take it but I seriously doubt that they are ready to be on that level yet. However, with Bourne’s recent push, I don’t think anyone would be shocked if he did actually take it. They may be disappointed but definitely not shocked. As for the rest of the combatants, we definitely have a great match to look forward to. DiBiase is the sort of swerve the WWE would throw at us if they thought we didn’t want him to win. R-Truth is very much in the same boat as DiBiase. He shouldn’t win the match but you could definitely see someone like him taking the case down. For me, there is only two legitimate winners in this match and that is Edge and Randy Orton.

Chris Jericho and The Miz definitely have a good shot at it and I wouldn’t be shocked or disappointed if they did actually win the match. The Miz has been looking to go up a level lately and after cutting off Randy Orton, it has planted that seed in my mind that the WWE may think he is ready to win the case. Time will tell.

I'm going to take Edge and Orton out of the equation because they need it the least since they are main eventers and can get a title shot anytime they want. Evan Bourne, R-Truth, and DiBiase are not there yet to make me believe they can be a credible champion. That leaves me with Jericho, Morrison, and Miz. Heels cashing it in has been overdone so I'm not too keen on Jericho winning so it's down to Morrison and Miz. I believe either of them will cash in it like RVD did to build up a feud. It's a tough choice but I believe Morrison needs it a little bit more than the Miz so I'm going to go with the Monday Night Delight. I still think this needs to be shortened down to six men but we'll see how it goes.

well lets analyze each participant;

Jericho: I doubt it'll be him, because I can't see him getting a title opportunity any time soon, as he's now hosting a new game show, and I think WWE will want to give it to someone more committed to the company.

John Morrison: I can't see it somehow, he's surprisingly become the Marty Jannetty after he and the Miz split and hasn't done much to elevate himself recently.

Evan Bourne: Possible, but I hope not. He's been getting a huge push with his feud against Jericho as of late, but I still don't want to see him in the main event picture. I like Evan but if they want to put him anywhere, they need to put him in the run for the US title.

R-Truth: Let's face it, they were just trying to fill the last space in with him, he's not going to win, but then anything is possible in the WWE.

Randy Orton: My favourite WWE Superstar, but not my favourite to win this match, although if he wins I will still be over the moon.

Ted Debease: No. I like Ted Debease, but they need to do something more with him, instead of just copying his dad's gimmick, give him a long run with the US title, see how he holds it and how is looks as a champion singles champion.

Edge: He's won it twice, which means we've been here twice before, let's do something new. So I'm going to say no, I don't think he will win and I don't want him to.

The Miz: YES YES YES, this is my pick to win the MITB ladder match. The Miz is possibly the hottest heel at the moment. If The Miz won MITB, it will make him an even bigger and hotter heel than he already is. And the longer he keeps a hold of it without cashing it in, the better. He can run his mouth of even more about it, rub it in everybody's face, torment the WWE champion, then cash it in at the end of Wrestlemania 27 to win the WWE championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back