The reason i haven't been here...

I'm just grammar policing. Depression is not "clinical" if it's not diagnosed.

"I'm pretty sure I'm clinically depressed because..." doesn't exactly sound like the kind of person that has been diagnosed.

I don't think either of you guys are exactly qualified to speak on the validity of her claims to clinical depression unless you both happen to also be her doctors. She could be clinically depressed, she could be full of shit, who cares, it's not really our place to judge or prescribe is it?

B. I. N. G. O.

I'm just happy to see so many older faces returning in any capacity. And unless some one is a real fuck wad, I wish them better days in their lives. Even you, Mozzarella. You've always been a cool cat.

I was just telling Doc, who just got done yelling at me for this back-and-forth, that I'm not really cool with some 16-year old girl throwing around the term "clinical depression", an extremely serious disease, one that's rampant in my family, because she felt sad for a few days and lost interest in comics.

If you think you have a serious problem, go see a doctor. If not, don't use the term "clinical depression." Same thing goes for people who diagnose themselves as "bipolar."

So now you at least know why I responded to this thread in the first place.

Actually, my attitude probably helps her more than yours does. Mine reinforces the idea that she shouldn't sitting around feeling sorry for herself, while yours just coddles and indulges some negative attitude brought on by being 16 as being "clinically depressed."
Maybe you should just show her pictures of small African children to illustrate how her life could be worse. Think I learned that in one of my psych classes.

Maybe you should just show her pictures of small African children to illustrate how her life could be worse. Think I learned that in one of my psych classes.

Hey man, whatever floats your boat.

_663994_hunger.jpg

I was just telling Doc, who just got done yelling at me for this back-and-forth, that I'm not really cool with some 16-year old girl throwing around the term "clinical depression", an extremely serious disease, one that's rampant in my family, because she felt sad for a few days and lost interest in comics.

If you think you have a serious problem, go see a doctor. If not, don't use the term "clinical depression." Same thing goes for people who diagnose themselves as "bipolar."

When you come to your senses in six months and feel like a "******," I'll be standing over your shoulder and laughing.

I understand ye bro, as someone who was once diagnosed as bi-polar and has several family members who were/are bipolar, that shit annoys me to no end when I see scene chicks crying for help on Facebook about how no one understands them and life sucks and they're bipolar and blah blah blah. Most of them are just whiny *****, which is a totally different albeit just as bad illness if I may say so.

Actually, my attitude probably helps her more than yours does. Mine reinforces the idea that she shouldn't sitting around feeling sorry for herself, while yours just coddles and indulges some negative attitude brought on by being 16 as being "clinically depressed."

You are by no means helping AT ALL. i want to make that clear. obviously I'm no longer "sitting around feeling sorry for myself". And clinical depression is the alternative word for Major Depressive Disorder.

I'm a lot more mature for my age and i don't feel sad for a moment and immediately think i've depression. I've had my moments of self-pity for YEARS at a time since 6th grade of middle school as i watched everyone else around me have fun and go through their normal shit. Over the those years i did as much research as i possibly could to come to the conclusion that i've gotten to JUST RECENTLY, and the fact that clinical depression runs through my family.

Just because i'm 16 does not mean i'm stupid.

Also, everyone here is giving me support and encouraging me to feel better while you are apparently giving me "tough love" when really your just being a complete ass.

You are by no means helping AT ALL. i want to make that clear. obviously I'm no longer "sitting around feeling sorry for myself". And clinical depression is the alternative word for Major Depressive Disorder.

I'm a lot more mature for my age and i don't feel sad for a moment and immediately think i've depression. I've had my moments of self-pity for YEARS at a time since 6th grade of middle school as i watched everyone else around me have fun and go through their normal shit. Over the those years i did as much research as i possibly could to come to the conclusion that i've gotten to JUST RECENTLY, and the fact that clinical depression runs through my family.

Just because i'm 16 does not mean i'm stupid.

Also, everyone here is giving me support and encouraging me to feel better while you are apparently giving me "tough love" when really your just being a complete ass.

That's cool and all, and I'm happy for you that you believe yourself to be a strong, mature woman, but you should still see a doctor before you throw around names of diseases. I also never said you were stupid. I'm just telling you to see a doctor.

I'm also doubting your research because you didn't accurately describe the symptoms of the disease you think you have.

You can come back here and wonder whether or not you actually have clinical depression when you've lost the will to do anything ever, and are functioning on a completely emotionally and psychologically numb auto-pilot, but not because you lost interest in your hobbies.

Yes, i do realize i need to see the doctor. But i really don't like how you insinuated that i was just "throwing the word around". I've seen the horrible effects of this disease and i do see how someone who has seen stuff like that can be offended. I would never even dream of saying that i've an illness that i'm not positively sure i have.

By the way, i just talked to my mom and she's gonna make an appointment that'll be next week at the latest.

Yes, i do realize i need to see the doctor. But i really don't like how you insinuated that i was just "throwing the word around". I've seen the horrible effects of this disease and i do see how someone who has seen stuff like that can be offended. I would never even dream of saying that i've an illness that i'm not positively sure i have.

By the way, i just talked to my mom and she's gonna make an appointment that'll be next week at the latest.

Good. I wish you the best.

I understand ye bro, as someone who was once diagnosed as bi-polar and has several family members who were/are bipolar, that shit annoys me to no end when I see scene chicks crying for help on Facebook about how no one understands them and life sucks and they're bipolar and blah blah blah. Most of them are just whiny *****, which is a totally different albeit just as bad illness if I may say so.

^^^

In other words, don't be a bitch. Which are really simple, universally applicable, words to live by.

Oh, and next time you go from happy off in the morning to yelling at your roommate for leaving his clothes in the washer by the end of the day don't say "Sorry, I've been a little bi-polar." That'll cause me to fly through your window and cock punch you.

Oh, and next time you go from happy off in the morning to yelling at your roommate for leaving his clothes in the washer by the end of the day don't say "Sorry, I've been a little bi-polar." That'll cause me to fly through your window and cock punch you.

Can't tell if you're talking to me or not when you said this...

^^^

In other words, don't be a bitch. Which are really simple, universally applicable, words to live by.

Razor! <3

Get your fuckin' bipolar swashbuckling college-going ass back on here more often ******! We need your wry wit and reason!

Can't tell if you're talking to me or not when you said this...

He was. He gets a bit ticked when people who don't have the actual illness claim to, just like someone with autism might get offended by someone else casually diagnosing themselves as autistic. No offense was meant, I assure you, that's just our lovable Razor's brutish ways. The scoundrel he is.

^^^

RAZOR! Holy Shit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back